August 27, 2014 | 1733 users online

Lipstick - Wet 'n' Wild - Wild Shine Lipstick

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 on 2/11/2013 11:34:00 PM More reviews by pelini

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have two of these. The color selection isn't the best. Most colors have too much shimmer for me. However, it is a very creamy, moisturizing formula. The pigmentation is good and the staying power is comparable to any standard lipstick. Definitely a good value.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/21/2012 11:02:00 PM More reviews by daynahorton

Works really well! My only problem is that for some reason it seems to make my lips get chapped. So my fix was putting some vaseline on my lips with a q-tip before applying the lipstick. It helps hold color and keep my lips from drying out.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/12/2012 7:13:00 PM More reviews by DivaDeLosMuertos

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Black

I have this in Fierce, it's a bright red that's not too cool and not too warm. To be honest I rarely use it but for Red lipstick occasions I would have no problem whipping it out, it's nowhere near matte and it's almost sort of moisturizing. The pigmentation is great and if you're careful you probably won't have to reapply too often although I can't say because I always reapply my lipsticks out of habit anyway :p And, like the rest of WnW's products...Its DIRT CHEAP! The packaging isn't perfect because you can't turn the lipstick all the way down, But as long as you aren't careless that holds no importance

rated 5 of 5 on 12/13/2011 1:21:00 PM More reviews by Speakeasy1908

I love my MAC and higher end lipsticks. But these are excellent lipsticks for a price that every girl can afford. They retail for 99 cents at most drugstores, beauty supplies, and chains! Excellent quality with good pigmentation in the ones I've tried.

My favorite colors: 522A, 506B, and 511B. I need to go back and get more!

rated 3 of 5 on 12/3/2011 12:16:00 PM More reviews by xlipstickloverx

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

These are really cheap. Got a bunch in NYC and on sale (about $2 each i think). But for the price, fine!

I have a few and my fave of em all is Passionate (921), but i prefer 'mac' anyday - better quality, keeps the shade all day, any weather. Much bigger selection too. i dont use my carmex lipbalm when i put this on as it gets too heavy and transfers onto my coffee mug! x

rated 4 of 5 on 12/2/2011 10:44:00 AM More reviews by mirahvk

I really like this in 928 Fierce. I bought this thinking that it would be a pure red shade but it isn't so much - it's actually almost like a red-fuchsia. It applies very well and feels silky. Velvety smooth and feels as light as chapstick. It's not shimmery and has a nice smooth finish. It also doesn't have a weird smell or taste to it. It doesn't last so long with contact which sucks because I drink water just about constantly, it's good. The packaging does suck a lot, though. You will definitely nick it unless you're very careful, and I'm scared that the lid might fall off if I leave it in my purse unsecured. But for a $3 silky smooth lipstick - love it.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/3/2011 8:22:00 PM More reviews by helerycelerie

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

I play clarinet nearly every day, so I hardly ever wear lipstick, but this was so cheap that I figured I might as well try it for special occasions. The only color left on the shelf was lustful (925), which looked really dark, but I decided to risk it. I'm glad I did! This is much lighter than it looks, only a shade or two darker than my natural lip color. It's pink leaning on plumb, wich works well with my natural pigment. I love a natural look (another reason I don't often wear lip color), and this is an excellent choice.

I like the texture, although I find it can slide while being applied. As long as you wipe off the excess, it should be alright. I've been wearing it over lip balm, which could be affecting the slipping.

On the downside: the packaging is terrible. It doesn't go in all the way, so you have to be exceptionally careful when replacing the lid, or it will end up all over the place. Then again, it's $3 at cvs, and I got it 30% off. Since I have to wipe it off whenever I play clarinet and reapply often, it's a pretty good deal for me.

The bottom line:
An excellent, inexpensive lipstick with a great texture that can look natural, but the packaging could definitely be improved. Still, I'll be trying other colors!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 7/19/2011 3:03:00 PM More reviews by NikitaRose

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Grey

This product might work in I lived in a cold climate but I am vacationing at the Mediterranean sea right now (where it's over 30C ) and the Wild shine lipstick seems to be sweating even more than I am. I only bought it two weeks ago and although it already looked kinda sad in the store I decided to give it a try and picked a brownish color that I don't usually wear because I had a feeling it was not gonna last. First of all the packaging is really crappy, you can't even twist the lipstick all the way down so whenever I put the cap on I have to be really careful not to hit the lipstick. The color has already smeared all over the inside of the cap so now it looks kind of disgusting. The product itself doesn't seem to be handling the heat very well..but even if I lived in Siberia and left it under a light for too long or had it in my pocket I have a feeling this would melt. Plus the cap falls off really easily so if I had it in my purse or pocket I would probably end up with a stain.
There's nothing particularly wrong with the color or the consistency of the lipstick but I haven't used it in a while because I'm afraid it might break. Unless this product was cheaper than those by the brand Essence or e.l.f. (it wasn't here) I don't think it's worth your money.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/6/2011 12:48:00 AM More reviews by julvett

Really? This has a 4.5 rating? I only tried one shade, 922, and it was this horrid frosty pink color with no staying power. Unflattering in every way. Also the packing is awful because the l/s doesn't go all the way in, and I wound up breaking half of it off. Not that I was going to use that anyway.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/4/2011 4:16:00 AM More reviews by flora3892

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I have this in 922 "enamored" and it's a very pretty pink. It's not too subtle but it's not super pink either. it's got a nice shine to it. It's got decent staying power too. The only con is it's not very moisturizing, but that's not a big deal. only $1.50!