Bonne Bell Lip Smackers in Bubble Gum

3.6

Price: $

Price: $

Since Lip Smackers are on their way to being acquired by another company, I wanted to review my favorite flavors, as I collected them in my younger days and still do. That being said, unfortunately Bubblegum was a " miss" instead of a " hit " for me. The scent is very strong and somewhat minty ; not in a good way, as I found it almost medicinal like or like toothpaste that is meant for children. However, I do like most of the lipsmacker flavours- this one I just didn't go get accustomed to. Packaging is cute and fun though along with the low price point.

on 12/20/2014 6:22:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I just replaced my tube. It went MIA & I've had a few over the years, but this one seems the same to me as all of the others but that's just me. Slightly waxy but emollient saccharine sweet pink bubble gum flavor. It gives my lips shine & a very subtle pink tint. I am a BB collector! I never used BB as a child so as an overgrown adult I am making up for lost time by collecting lots of BB items (lol!). There is something addictive about this particular Lipsmacker. It makes me keep wanting to reapply it obsessively. Thankfully it's plentiful (easily accessible) & cheap (affordable!)...I find the lipsmackers to be better than Chapstick brand. So much more inventive & imaginative, + better quality & moisturization. It just sinks into my lips instead of sitting on top of it like Chapstick.

on 4/28/2013 8:15:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

Okay, this is the first Lip Smacker I really freaking hate. It's horrible. When I tried this again to write this review, I didn't want anything but take it off. It's awful.

Firstable, the scent. YUCK. This is really disgusting. It's like 40% disgusting bubble gum scent, 50% plastic and chemicals, and 10% alcohol or something. It smells like fresh rubber or something. Really dissapointing, I really love bubble gum and I thought it would be a sweet scent but this is crap. A friend of mine said it smelled like gross Kid Toothpaste. Yep.

It tastes even worse. I can't describe it, but it tastes like wax and gross stuff.

On the other hand, applying goes smooth, and this is the only Lip Smacker that doesn't have a hole in it.. but that's probably because I haven't used it often. But yeah, it applies like soft butter, it's great. Another disadvantage is that it tingles my lips, and my lips feel very warm, but I really don't like that on chapstick.

The package is ok, also probably because I don't take it with me and don't use it.

on 2/6/2013 7:10:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I love lipsmackers, but this is one of my LEAST favorite flavors! It just doesn't appeal to me to smell like pink bubble gum!

on 1/21/2013 8:31:00 PM

I do not live in America so unfortunately lip smackers cost a lot here. $6 for one balm. I bought this bubble gum lip smacker on sale for $4.
I like all of my lip smackers except this one.
It is disgusting. It's sickly and nauseating. The smell is revolting, and so strong that when I put it in the same make up bag with all my other smackers, the smell overpowered all of them.
I've never been fond of the bubble gum scent but this is just over the top. I used it once and will never use it again. This is the only lip smacker that I dislike.
The packaging was like all lip smacker singles - a little piece of cardboard and plastic. Nothing nice.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

The "medicinal" smell to this Lip Smacker is very true to old-fashioned bubble gum, the kind that's a bit powdery in your mouth when you bite into it. I happen to like it. The flavor, unlike a lot of Lip Smackers, isn't sickly sweet, and it's light enough on pigment that it still moisturizes like a balm. Since I can't seem to find individual Vanilla Lip Smackers at my local Walmart, I see a lot of these in my future.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

This lip smacker initially smelled like bugglegum with a slightly medicinal undertone - I didn't love it but I used it anyway because I'm not one to waste lip balm and the smell wasn't terrible. But the scent went a little bit funky on me after a few wears. I can't describe it except to say it started to smell kind of gross. I have a ton of lip balms, including a few other lip smackers, and have never had any turn on me before. I finally threw it away, and wouldn't repurchase.

Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse

I've been a huge fan of Lip Smackers since about fourth grade. Most of their scents tend to be pretty accurate & they do a pretty good job of moisturizing, considering how in expensive they are. I LOVE the smell of plain ol' bubblegum, so I had to have this when I saw it at my local Walmart. The scent is completely disgusting - smells similar to the chewable bubblegum scented Tylenol tablets my mother made me take as a child, gross.

on 3/15/2010 1:37:00 AM

Hair: Red, Curly, Fine

This is probably one of my all time favorite lip balms. I find myself always going back to it. It's a classic and I really like the smell of it. It reminds me of when I was a kid and we had these things as party favors at pretty much every sleep over I ever went to.
Not only does it smell and taste good (my favorite Bonne Bell scent by far), but it also leaves a pretty glossy shine on my lips. It doesn't have much of a color, maybe a slight sheer pink tint, and it's not too insanely shiny (think reflective glosses that blind you) but it's just enough that people notice. I get compliments and people always want to know what I have on. It's never sticky and has the perfect consistency to make it last and moisturize. I hope Bonne Bell never stops making these classics!

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

I've been using Bonne Bell Bubble Gum Lip Smacker for YEARS. And years. I mean, probably for 20 years I've always had about 6 or 7 tubes open at once. It was great to layer under lipstick or Glossimier or whatever. But I think they must have changed their formula recently, because I've noticed it isn't as glossy going on as it used to be, and it has a funny stench. Waxy or something. It used to just be slick and sweet. No more for me though.

Recommended for Medium Skin