Lancome Miracle

3.8

As usual, I am late to the party. Turns out "Miracle" has been around for quite a while. I have a wide array of fragrances in my collection, but this one is special. Fresh, but not too fresh. No harsh notes like I experienced with Chanel Chance "Eau Fraiche." It's a floral- but light and not at all annoying. I think it's the lychee - a unique top note that draws me in. Highly recommend.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

This is one of my favourite scents of all time. IMO its so versatile that you could use it to the beach, the office, out on a special date... virtually anywhere! I love how fresh and yet non-cloying this scent is. If I get tired of any scents I'm currently trying I always fall back on my Miracle because its just one of those go-to fragrances that hardly fails.

I just bought it and I'm confused a little bit! Just, I have different memories about this perfume, more than 10 years ago. This one, is very pale "image" of Miracle. I red many comments from different people around the world, in different websites about perfumes and one common thing, they mention is - as old the perfume is, the better it smells. Simply, they are sure, that the perfume has been reformulated, unfortunately. I think the same way. I also checked the manufacture date of mine - 2015-06. Also, the copyright on the box and the year is - 2014. It means, this perfume is one of the latest known editions of MIRACLE. The box, the perfume - all is original. About the scent - it is very very light, very calm, little soapy. The dominant notes are Lichee and Magnolia in tandem. With the first splash, you can feel a little bit of peppery note. These are my first impressions, because I am still testing it. But it has nothing to do with the other people's descriptions as "spectacular", "deep"... It's just flowery-watery calm, with very dominant tandem of Lichee and Magnolia, as I already mentioned above. But, if you use a lot of perfume on yourself, you will feel overwhelmed. If you are sensitive, you can get some stomach unpleasant feeling st the beginning, but one thing is good - MIRACLE doesn't give headache :) So, use it with pleasure and in some reasonable amount :) That's my personal experience with MIRACLE :)

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Miracle is super pretty. I blind bought this as part of a set of mini fragrances, and I already want to upgrade to a full bottle. It's such a nice everyday fragrance. The sillage is gentle, but it lasts a long time. I would describe it as floral from beginning to end. There is an interesting pepper note in the beginning for about 30 minutes. Then it mellow out a bit. The florals (i.e. freesia, magnolia) are soft with just a touch of fruitiness. I would say Miracle is more of a fresh fragrance than a sweet fragrance.

I love Miracle and would give it 4.5 stars. I don't understand the reviews that say "this style has been done to death"- to me Miracle is unique. I enjoy it in the spring especially. The scent is hard to pin down, but there is a combination of floral and spice, clean and soapy, a bit sweet but not like a dessert. I think it is suitable for all ages. It does seem more like a daytime fragrance. I only wear it a few times a year (due to the size of my wardrobe) but this one is a definite keeper.

I have tried so many fragrances but most of them give me a headache but this one is amazing! I could smell this all day & not get sick of it.

This is the perfect fragrance for those who like florals that aren't loud and orientals that aren't smothering. It's a lovely combination of both with a spicy touch of ginger and a lasting impression of comfort and warmth.

I've worn this fragrance for more than ten years and haven't yet tired of it. It's the type of scent that you may think dissipates too quickly until you receive a compliment on how good you smell hours after you applied it.

This fragrance is a classic for a woman of any age who wants a delicious, undefinable scent that speaks volumes in a hushed whisper.

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

Handsoap is what I get from this fragrance. Vanillary, floral handsoap.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

About 8-10 years ago, in Oct or Nov, I was putting on a recently-worn sweater, and I smelled the remnants of a perfume I had worn. And it smelled *spectacular*. OMG, what had I worn the last several days? What was that awesome scent -- I HAD to know! I had to remember! I was almost panicking a little bit. It was so good. Then I remembered, and I was soooo grateful that I finally remembered. It was Miracle. Light and delicious.

It's the ginger & pepper that sets this light floral apart and makes it very unique. To me, there's nothing else out there like it, and its unique combination of notes dries down to something very delicious.

Here are the notes from Lancome's website:

Spicy Floral
Top Notes: Lychee Fruit, Freesia
Heart Notes: Magnolia, Ginger and Pepper
Base Notes: Amber, Jasmine, Musk

It's light & fresh, sweet, yet that twist of ginger & pepper make it truly delectable & different from anything else. Good any time of year, any occasion, yet because of the spices, my favorite time of year to wear it is in the Fall. Bottle stores easily and is clear, so you can see how much you have left. Uma Thurman was the original face of Miracle, when it first came out. It's been out for several years now and has maintained its popularity, I think.

ADDENDUM: You might want to assess your tolerance for spice and/or the weather -- before wearing Miracle. I'm in hot humid weather at the moment, and the spice is too pronounced -- and it seemed to intensify all day -- and it kind of got on my nerves. It seemed to get more gingery & peppery as the day wore on (at least to myself)

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

When I said to the fragrance counter lady that I was looking for something 'light', she immediately led me to this one... Don't like this one. She was right, it is light, I just didn't fall in love with the smell. This would be something I'd consider as a gift idea for my teenage niece, as it seems like a 'young girl' kind of perfume :-)

Popular Fragrances