Lancome Blush Subtil in Cedar Rose/Rose Tendre

4.4

(((SAFETY RATED 7 ON SKIN DEEP))) mica, ptfe, dimethicone, nylon-12, zinc stearate, boron nitride, dimethiconol, cetyl dimethicone, titanium dioxide, triisocetyl citrate, isopropyl titanium triisostearate, barium sulfate, trimethylsiloxysilicate, methylparaben, imidazolidinyl urea, fragrance, propylparaben, acrylates copolymer.

on 10/2/2014 2:15:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Simply Glow-y! Hard to describe the color - I think it will read differently on everyone. Just wakes my neutral-warm fair skin up. I look fresh and sun-kissed. I just need a light dusting of this matte shade and I'm good to go. It can go with a full face of makeup, or with just for days when you want a little lip gloss. I received it in a GWP. Elegant black case with the rose emblem on the bottom corner (even for a GWP!) that comes with a mirror so it's perfect for travel. Would definitely consider getting a full size once this sample runs out. It's the most natural blush I have ever worn... just lit from within... or just had some hot sex (Nars Orgasm, you really got nothing on this one!) Either way, I look and feel gorgeous in it!

on 10/14/2012 6:30:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

I am fair-skinned and this shade is so lightly pigmented that I have to swipe the brush and apply at least 10 times to get any hint of color on my cheeks. And it's so finely milled, that most of it goes airborne. (Probably into my lungs. Should make for an interesting autopsy some day.) Blush usually lasts me a year or more, but I'm sure this will be gone in a month because I have to use so much every day. Tremendous waste of money. UPDATE: I did hit pan in less than a month so I went back to a more-trusted brand. However, I'm now using this to add color to the jawline and hairline because it's just the right shade for that purpose. All is not lost.

on 2/9/2012 8:05:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

This is not the typical blush color that I would ever go for. I love bright pinks and peaches. When I saw cedar rose in the compact, I thought it looked so boring. I was so wrong.... its the most elegant pop of color on my olive skin. Its really lovely. As always with lancome blushes, it lasted on me all day.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Other

I totally agree with the review below. Initially looking at the blush I was disappointed but upon swatching it my spirits lifted. Now wearing it on my cheeks I love it! It really does give your face a glow. I don't know if I will repurchase due to the price but if I ever run out of it I will definitely attempt to swap for it again.

on 11/13/2011 8:19:00 PM

This is one of the blushes that looks really blah in the pan but it is absolutely GORGEOUS on. It goes on as a beautiful peachy, pink glow. It makes your skin look sun kissed. Very natural and glowy. Just perfect.

on 5/26/2011 11:39:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Other, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

My favorite for contouring. Blends well. Silky. I think it's more like a matte bronzer but sheer.

on 1/31/2011 8:01:00 PM

HG blush. Cedar Rose is a beautiful, natural peachy rose color. Not shimmery, but somehow makes my face glow. I have a pale, warm complexion and this blush is plenty pigmented for me. Gorgeous .... blends beautifully into my natural skintone yet adds a warm peachy color with a hint of rose. LOVE!

on 12/17/2010 3:02:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Great for contouring! I use this on my cheeckbones and it looks very natural on my pale, pink-undertone skin. For a more made up look i just add NARS orgasm on the apples of my cheeks. If i ever run out of this blush (unlikely! its huge!) then i would repurchase.

on 9/3/2010 9:43:00 PM

I really like this blush. It is a subtle color that looks very natural on my NC15 skin. I find myself wearing this on non-makeup days just to give a natural flush since people ask me if I am feeling sick if I do not have blush on (I am very pale).

The blush requires me to really layer it on for it to be visible and I took off one lippie because I have to touch up after a few hours which is very annoying. Seems some other reviewers have same problem, others say it lasts all day, so dont know what the difference is.

Great for contouring under a brighter blush as well.

Also, it has a subtle scent which makes me feel that it is fresh and clean although really, I should be annoyed that it is scented. However, I really like the scent and it makes me feel that the blush is extra quality for some reason.

Has not broken me out.

Overall, great blush.

on 5/7/2010 2:44:00 PM

I hate wearing blush - well, that's what I thought because it's so hard to find one that works for me. I have nc/nw 20 skin and believed that blushes just look like swaths of colour on my skin, not an enhancement of my natural look. Or it makes my skin look muddy, or just disappears or leaves a streak of glitter on my cheekbones, and my clothes and my fingers and my hair...
I bought this as a whim - an expensive whim - and regretted it almost immediately. Until I started to use it - it was just as the SA claimed, it's very subtle, gives me a flushed but natural look, it definitely adds polish and a depth to my look. No sparkly fall out. It's very light. I'm almost tempted to wear it on those days that I don't "wear" makeup, just to add some colour to my face.

Great recommendation for a girl who is not crazy about blush. My only hesitation is the price -it's expensive even for HE blush. (compared to say, MAC Cargo or Benefit). However the product feels and smells lovely and I am confident it will last for a long time.

I would replace this colour if I ever use it up, and I would even consider looking at other colours in this line. It's certainly changed my opinion on wearing blush.

Popular Blush Products