October 21, 2014 | 1650 users online

Cleansers - Clinique - Facial Soap Extra Mild

rated 5 of 5 on 8/30/2014 3:44:00 AM More reviews by SummerGlow

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Best facial cleanser ever. I've used this soap for about 20 years and it's never drying. It's also the best makeup remvover. I backup on this soap. I've tried so many other cleansers and I got tired of it and decided to write this review. This soap takes off all your makeup like a dream. I think for using this soap for so long with my skin care, my skin looks younger than my age by many years.What I like about it is that it's so creamy and smooth and takes makeup off instantly and I wear waterproof makeup. I wet my face with water first and then lather my face and rinse well and them I spray my face with moisture surge spray and wait 30 seconds and then add moisturizer and eye cream. Pure love!

rated 2 of 5 on 4/6/2014 5:11:00 PM More reviews by daisydaisys

Too drying. Won't repurchase.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/3/2014 3:07:00 PM More reviews by Suhair

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Pls do not buy this bar soap it's a waste of money.
Allergy
Breakout
Dry skin
Really a waste of money

rated 5 of 5 on 11/25/2013 2:09:00 PM More reviews by Phoenix761

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love all of Clinique's bar soaps, except the Acne Solutions. this is great at cleansing and removing all makeup. it gives could lather, and feels creamy. It comes in the classic Clinique soap dish. It does not dry my skin out at all. This is a good option for someone who likes to use soap, but needs one that does it all without stripping the skin. That's exactly what this is. In case of residue, the Mild clarifying lotion goes amazingly well with this.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/28/2013 10:56:00 PM More reviews by dianelarsenemail

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Fairly gentle on skin, did cause a bit of dryness if used more than once a day. I like using this soap to wash my makeup off to go to the gym which is usually mid day. After i get back from the gym i also use this to cleanse my skin and i feel that it is deep cleaning my pores out. What drew me to this soap is that it is not heavily fragranced and it suggested for those with acne and sensitive skin.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/27/2013 7:15:00 AM More reviews by sprite26

Bottom Line: my skin improved after I stopped using it.
I had been using Clinique bar soaps since I was a teenager, and specifically the Extra Mild for the last three or four years. And I was perfectly satisfied with it. Even though I still had issues with clogged pores, occasional breakouts, irritation at times- I blamed these issues on my lifelong problem skin. Now I see I didn't have problem skin, I had problem products!
Clinique's Extra Mild Facial Soap is a very gentle and basic (not intended for makeup removal of course) complexion bar. But over time, it does strip the skin and throw things "off" which is inevitably going to lead to problems down the road. After being faithful to this cleanser for years and years, I switched to a foaming cleanser in a tube (Algenist Gentle Rejuvenating) and I was amazed at how quickly all my skin's issues disappeared. I'd always heard that bar soap isn't intended for the face, but for some reason I thought this was an exception "because it's Clinique". No.
And on top of all that, this product's packaging is a huge drawback as well. If you're a regular user you start accumulating all these green soap cases in your house, it really can't be avoided. Even when you go out of your way to buy just the refill only, somehow these extra cases just make their way into your life anyway. Very annoying. And- it's not sanitary either. Who knows how many face-wrecking bacteria are inside the case with the bar of soap you're supposed to use on your FACE?
This is a product that's been around forever, but there are newer and better options out there. Will not purchase again, have moved on.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/6/2013 2:57:00 PM More reviews by Walko

I use a lot of clinique products and find them excellent But what high end company these days recommends clients wash their face with soap.Dress it up any way you like ,mild , extra mild ,gentle ,beauty bar, for sensitive skin,this is soap, and should not be used on the face.My skin was so dry when I used this and around my eyes were especially dry Your skin should not feel tight after using ANY cleanser regardless of skin type.I just put it down to getting older.I'm 56.Even if you think it's not drying it IS stripping the skin of it's natuarl oils .I came to my senses and stopped using this. my skin is so much better. Soaps are alkaline and rob the skin of it's protective layer. The formulation which keeps it in bar form causes problems.I would never use this again.If you insist on using soap , get a bar of Dove , far cheaper.But I wouldn't recommend it, even to youngsters with oily skin. This is one product I wish I'd never touched.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 2/17/2013 9:15:00 PM More reviews by Hermanspottypants

once you have figured out your face hates this, try using it on your body instead- maybe your feet. its a recession, use it up!

the ugly dull green packaging confirms that this product is stranded in a bad 70s time warp.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/9/2012 4:25:00 AM More reviews by alohahawaii

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Overall, not a bad product. In all fairness, I feel that you could probably find cheaper alternatives. Example: Dove Sensitive Beauty Bar....I will admit that this is a pretty large bar of soap and there is absolutely no fragrance and it doesn't seem to dry my face at all. I was told by my Derm that bar soaps are best for those suffering from Eczema and Seborreic Dermatitis. I really went on a splurge when I bought this and I am pretty happy with it so far. My skin seems to be pretty happy and to some degree you really can't go wrong with Clinique Products. I really am pleased with how my complexion looks after switching to this bar cleanser, it really has made a huge difference in Eczema flare ups.

Update: I had to return it, although it is a nice bar, I decided not to change my original choice which is Dove Original Beauty Bar. It is much more budget friendly and it doesn't dry my face like this did.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/11/2012 2:56:00 AM More reviews by Radchickee

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I like this bar quite a bit. It feels creamy and smooth when it lathers up, has no scent, removes makeup, and leaves your skin (literally) squeaky clean. I haven't experienced my skin getting overly dry when using this, I just use a moisturizer after. I like the convenience of a liquid cleanser better than a bar, but that's the only minus. I would repurchase.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No