August 1, 2014 | 943 users online

Blush - Alchemy - Refreshing complexion gel

rated 4 of 5 on 5/20/2005 11:55:00 PM More reviews by digit

Well, I have to say this- while I probably won't repurchase this (it costs waaaaaaaay too much out here), it IS a fantastic product, and I can't believe I nearly let this go on my swap list. The colour I have is Pink Grapefruit. One small pea size on each drop, and it takes a few moments to dry, so that you can correct any mistakes you make. Doesn't stain the fingers, yet stays put all day. I wore this throughout the day, including a workout, and this survived it all. The colour sort of reminds me of a rose-mauve on my NW20 skin, in the same vein as Lancome's Aplum, and L'Oreal's Hope blush. Very nice product. Tube is cute, though the writing does tend to come off quickly. If this were cheaper I'd check out other colours.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/5/2005 2:13:00 PM More reviews by nycgurl5

Great, convenient for on the go girls. Very sheer, easy to blend and no need to rub your cheeks like tarte gel stick. Mistake proof cause it is soo sheer it would be impossible to put too much on.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/21/2004 11:22:00 PM More reviews by Nowheregirl

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I like this product. I have the color called Grapefruit, after reading about it in Lucky magazine a couple of times. When I purchased it, I was surprised to find that it had a little shimmer to it. But it's not enough to really be noticeable. It feels cool when I apply it to my face, and I love the natural color it gives my cheeks.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/31/2004 5:50:00 PM More reviews by glowgal

Really. Bad. Stuff. I don't understand how this product has gotten so many lippies! I hardly ever feel strongly enough about a product to sit down and write this kind of review, but this stuff was so disappointing. I got it in Rose. When you squeeze it out of the tube, it is the most gorgeous thing you've ever seen: a warm bright pink with just a touch of red and a hint of glimmering shimmer in a gel. After dabbing it on my cheeks, my love affair ended. It goes on very wet and sheer. Five minutes after applying, the stuff is finally dry (leaving behind a sticky film on my cheeks! Blech!) But somehow as it dries, the very, very sheer stain disappears. All I'm left with is pieces of silver glitter on my cheeks. Maybe it's working for some people out there, but for me this stuff went right in the trash (and I firmly believe it a sin to THROW MAKEUP AWAY.) I couldn't even bear the thought of sending this product as an extra with a swap. Yeah. It's that bad.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/31/2004 3:07:00 PM More reviews by missdaisy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

This has now become the cheek stain that I use everyday. I love the creaminess of the gel and the total control of intensity of color I get when I use this. The shade I have, Rose, is a sheer wash of warm pink color on my cheeks. There is a very subtle sparkle in this gel - just enough to reflect the light, not to have sparkles all over your face. This really gives me a nice flush of color. Reasons I took off a lippie: Sometimes, my cheeks tingle a bit when I use this in the morning. Not sure why, but it only happens sometimes. Second, the label wrapped around the tube kinda sucks. The writing and image are looking dingy and are starting to flake off. Maybe they can work on that. Regardless, I plan to some other shades as well.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/21/2003 9:23:00 PM More reviews by chelsear

Blackcurrant. A berry colour with a faint shimmer and faint fresh fruit scent. Goes on sheerly and feels cooling and refreshing as the name suggests. This really gives a wonderfull natural flush and as it is sheer doesn't result in many mad toilet paper cheek scrubbing incidents. Lovely. I already have another colour winging it's way to me. Oh, by the way, do not try this as a lip stain. Nowhere does it say you should, and with good reason. On the cheeks it sinks in beautifully and dries completely without drying the skin. On my lips it stung, was sticky, and tasted ucky. Aren't you glad eejits like me try things out so you don't have to?

rated 3 of 5 on 11/2/2003 11:30:00 AM More reviews by teenysquirrel

i have one in ROSE. i saw it in Sephora all the time but thought was TOO SHEER. but when the SA told me i am not suppose to blend it so much. So did that, i got natural rosy dewy glow. my sister goes, "wow! your skin looks great!" she didn't know that i was wearing any make-up.
UPDATE: I stopped using it 2 yrs ago(now 1/2008) 'cause it just made me look blotchy. Better for people with perfect skin.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/25/2003 2:14:00 PM More reviews by marjorie

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is a great little gel blush that goes on very sheer and is buildable. It dries nicely too so you can use it under powder without is caking. I got three colors Pink Grapefuit (a cool pink), Rose, and Orange. All have a bit of shimmer in them. So far I've only tried the Pink Grapefruit and liked it very much. I'll update this review as I try the others.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/3/2003 4:29:00 AM More reviews by krambear

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I found this gel at the Sephora in the Venetian Hotel in Vegas. The color I have is Pink Grapefruit... it looks quite pink in the tube but goes on very sheer and gives the cheeks a natural flush. I happened to get the last tube in the shop (and the worst looking one at that, the lettering off the label was nearly rubbed off!) and I haven't seen it again in the Sephoras in So Cal. This is definitely one of my faves and if I ever find it again, I'm going to buy the place out!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/8/2003 12:08:00 PM More reviews by KateN

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I bought Pink Grapefruit after seeing a blob of it pictured in a recent issue of Lucky. The color and texture was represented very well in the magazine. This gives my very pale skin the perfect flush, though I can imagine it would be too light for medium or dark skin tones. The tiniest bit of shimmer also shows up on my cheeks, too. A few caveats - you'll use more of this than most other cheek gels (I find two layers gives me the perfect effect - so, I end up using a small pea size). And, it will make any skin perfections more apparent! Overall, though, I think the color and consistency may be grail-worthy!