Rusk Sheer Brilliance

3.9

on 4/21/2009 11:13:00 PM

Probably one of the best shine/smooth products I have ever used, and I've used a lot (Redken, Pureology, Biosilk, Nexxus) I say this because of the fact that it smoothes and shines with absolutely 0 weight (this is providing you follow their instructions), for me with about ear-length hair, usually 3-4 drops is enough for your whole head, so this product will last you a long time even with daily use. The only tiny issue with this product is that sometimes it's so light that after you blow dry and straighten, there might be a few fly aways, but nothing a good shine spray won't help settle, and with 0 weight you can afford to add more product in if you want.

on 7/19/2008 12:12:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I have been using this product for a couple years and felt the need to share with the world. If you are looking for a hair product that eliminates frizz and brings a natural shine without the heaviness, then run to the store & buy this product!.

I have long, thick and dry hair; therefore, I can't imagine life without a shine treatment. I wouldn't recommend using near your roots due to greasiness. I put a small amount in my palm and rub my hands together and spread evenly on my hair avoiding the roots.

on 6/21/2008 3:50:00 PM

I've used this for a few years now and I don't love it but I don't hate it either.
Pros: It smells really good. It doesn't weigh my hair down.
Cons: It just became part of my routine, but I don't think it's actually doing anything for my hair.

on 3/28/2008 1:53:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

I like this stuff. It adds lightweight shine (if you dont use alot).

on 11/10/2007 2:39:00 PM

I still can't decide if I love this product or hate it. My first thoughts about this product are "meh." The only thing near my college is a CVS, and I went there originally looking for an Aveda serum, but since they were all out (and I needed something!), I chose this. This serum doesn't come in a huge bottle, but you only need a few drops anyway or your hair will turn super greasy. The bottle was 12.99, and I know it'll last me a long time, I'm just not sure how much I'll be using it. This product has a fairly strong alcohol smell. At first I thought that maybe I had just gotten an old bottle, but then I looked on the list of ingredients, and alcohol is the 3rd one listed. The smell is a little offputting, especially because other serums like Biosilk have such a nice smell. I put a few drops in my mostly dry hair right before I flat iron. My hair is softer and a tad shinier, I guess, but I'm not blown away. I'll continue to use until this bottle runs out most likely, but then I'll probably switch to another brand. If I'm already going to pay 12.99 for something that's mediocre, I may as well just splurge and fork over the few extra dollars to get a product that is really good.

on 8/17/2007 8:51:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Other

I really liked the original formulation of this product. It was a thick liquid and they added alchohol, as another reviewer mentioned. Alchohol is now the 3rd ingredient. It is now a very thin consistency and smells just like alchohol. Pretty nervey to water down a good product with alchohol and keep the high price tag. Bummer. Fortunately, I found a substitute that may be even better - Redken's Smooth Down Heat Glide. It may be my HG. And only $4 for a small bottle, which is all you need.

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

This one is a winner! Its a tad pricey but worth it imo. It helps smooth if u are straightening frizzy hair and makes your hair sooooo soft and gives it a nice shine. Can't wait to buy another bottle cause Im out! Plus it smells so nice too

on 6/15/2007 2:33:00 PM

This stuff is amazing. I have searching and buying and hating anything I come in contact with...wasting money. Just getting really annoyed because I didn't know what to do with my dull, frizzy, fine hair. I stumbled across this product and its good reviews and bought some from CVS for $12.99. A bit pricy, yes, but the size you get will last. You only 2-5 drops, I put apply when my hair is wet, after applying leave-in conditioner and before applying my usual styling products. The results are shiny, frizz-less, lifely hair. I love the way my hair looks now. And it feels nice too. EDIT: The amount of alcohol and silicones that are in this product is enough to leave my hair a nasty mess. Junked it.

on 6/2/2007 5:14:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

This works great!. I have dry chemically processed hair and this made my hair bouncy and shiny. I was so impressed. I put it in my hair when it was wet and then dried it. I don't think that I'd ever use it with dry hair.

on 1/19/2007 8:12:00 AM

I usually shy away from products like this cause they tend to make my hair look greasy no matter how little i use.

I bought this for my hub because he has very dark very curly hair and his hair tends to look dry and dull. I figured I would give it a shot and try some. My hair feel so soft and it has a nice shine to it without looking wet or greasy.

You only need 2-5 drops of this, start with the 2 drops you could always add more.

I think this is a great product and I will definitely repurchase.

Popular Styling Products