November 29, 2014 | 982 users online

Top/Base Coats - Sally Hansen - Insta-Dri Anti-Chip Top Coat

rated 5 of 5 on 11/18/2014 12:08:00 PM More reviews by Justagirl78

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Blue

I was an avid user of Seche Vite for a long time because it was great at preventing chipping and gave such fantastic shine. However, it drove me mad the way it shrunk on my nails, so when I saw this listed as a HG top coat by a blogger, I had to give it a go, especially at the bargain price of 5.99.

Wow, what can I say? I'm converted! Super shiny, rock hard and no chipping. When I use this my manicures last for a week, sometimes longer, apart from a little bit of tip wear but that's to be expected as I type a lot in my job (Plus I'm a powerlifter so my nails can get knocked about in the gym!)

I get compliments on my nails quite a lot and am often asked if I've had a gellish manicure due to the shine on my nails. This is definitely my new HG :)

rated 5 of 5 on 11/17/2014 7:49:00 AM More reviews by Rexanma

This is a product that really works! It dried very fast. Don't know how long it will last, hope for a week!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/15/2014 12:53:00 PM More reviews by jmday100

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

My new favorite product! I'm on day 7 and my nails still look like I just polished them with no chips.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/15/2014 10:48:00 AM More reviews by Econobabe

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Blue

I was recommended from one of the boards that a top coat is crucial to a good manicure. I use gel polish and when I apply this within minutes my nails are dry to the touch! No more ugly smearing. My nail woes have been answered. The only thing I don't like is that this doesn't seem to prevent chipping, but I guess I can't expect one product to do everything. I will definitely repurchase and I'm glad I found out about this.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/12/2014 5:26:00 PM More reviews by wonderful309

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I loved this product. I will admit, i thought it would be terrible but not the case. Polish would last 3-4 day with this top coat,but be aware that you must have on a base coat for polish to stay on.... In other words dont just use this topcoat ( or any) without a base coat expecting it to last. But yeah i loved it and yes it dries relatively fast. Id say my nails were COMPLETELY dry with 15-20 mins

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/7/2014 7:40:00 AM More reviews by snowwgirl

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Dries nails super fast to a shiny finish because who has time to wait around??On my third bottle.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/7/2014 5:07:00 AM More reviews by MadameButterfly

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This costs the same as Seche Vite and is nowhere near as good. Seche Vite makes your nails super shiny and as hard as glass. I can easily go 4-5 days with no chipping or very tiny amounts of chipping on the corners of my nails, etc, with Seche Vite, but with Sally Hansen, I can't go 2 days without chipping. The finish is also not very shiny. Not impressed by this.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/6/2014 2:58:00 PM More reviews by Lashaye16

This is a holy grail for me! I have a little one and I need my nails to dry fast and this definitely helps! I love this stuff I always keep a back up just in case. And I love how it works with any polish! It works so wonderful I always get compliments asking if my polish is a gel manicure! Love love love this stuff! It's pricey but sometimes I land it on clearance at my local family dollar!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/6/2014 7:27:00 AM More reviews by katk925

I used Seche Vite a while ago then switched to OPI but this has by far made all my home manis since I bought it come out perfect. I even took it too my nail salon and the girl there commented that she had used it before and loved it, also thinking it was better than Seche Vite. For $6 you can't beat it. If it were $12 it would still be best in class.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/1/2014 10:35:00 AM More reviews by wxnne

I should've bought this way sooner. I've used Seche Vite, Essence, INM, you name it. But this stuff is better than all of them. My nails dry quickly, shine and my nail polish stays on longer! And that is a miracle since i have to do my nails every day or two. It's a little pricey but it's worth it! Definitely buying again.