Sally Hansen Insta-Dri Anti-Chip Top Coat

4.2

Ethyl Acetate, SD Alcohol 40-B, Butyl Acetate, Cellulose Acetate Butyrate, Acrylates Copolymer, Trimethyl Pentanyl Diisobutyrate, Triphenyl Phosphate, Sucrose Benzoate, Nitrocellulose, Etocrylene, Benzophenone-1, Dimethicone, Tocopheryl Acetate, Saccharide Isomerate, Algae Extract, Lavandula Angustifolia (Lavender) Flower Water, Hydrolyzed Rice Bran Protein, Violet 2.

on 7/3/2015 10:18:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This product has changed my life... dramatic I know but seriously it's perfection.
Ive painted my nails a couple of hours before bed and no creases!! when I wake up in the morning and to me that's really the ultimate dry test.
It's great at being chip resistant and I have a hands on job where by the end of one day I would have chips a plenty and now I either have none or one tiny chip.
Im in love 😍

on 6/7/2015 12:32:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is the definition of a perfect product!!! For a top coat, criteria are:
- Protection: check! 4-5 days for me, because I use my hands a lot. Regular polish lasts 2.5 days. Manicure lasts 5 days. So this polish for 4-5 days? Oh yeah, that's really good.
- Finish: beautiful! It adds extra gloss and shine to even the dullest colours.
- The "insta-dri" claim: YES! unbelievable!! After painting my last finger, my first hand is already all dried. Yup!!! But by "dry" it means you can start using your hands on simple things like cooking, typing, picking things up, and even washing dishes (done it!). But washing your hair, unbuttoning tight jeans, and putting together furniture (anything that repeatedly scratches your nails), you'll have to wait a few more hours. I'm saying this because I don't want you saving the world after this top coat. It's not THAT invincible, but you can definitely do a lot of everyday things right away!! including sleeping.

I apply only one layer of this top coat. It's thick and gel-like. Very gunky if you apply too much. It can get messy if you have a lot of cat hair flying in the air. This bottle has lasted me 3 years. It's amazing, I love it.

on 5/21/2015 11:09:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure

Literally, the best on the go nail product ever. The packaging has changed, but the formula is still amazing. It's super cheap, and works wonders. My nails last about 5-7 days with this, and considering I'm rough with my nails that says a lot. I normally chip my nails within two days! The finish is BEAUTIFUL. It's so glossy and it almost looks like gel. I always get asked if I'm wearing shellac. It dries ridiculously fast, I just put my nail polish on and I don't even have patience for it to dry, so I wait about 5 minutes and put the top coat and within minutes my nails are ready! Such an amazing product.

on 5/19/2015 4:18:00 PM

I absolutely love this stuff! It dries so fast and unlike Seche Vite it wasn't thick and goopy or sticky, and it didn't do the infamous shrinking that Seche Vite is known to do. Goes on absolutely evenly and is extremely shiny and makes for a really lovely manicure. It doesn't completely dry in seconds, but I'd say in about 10-15 mins I was able to do whatever I wanted and pretty much went about my business. This stuff is so worth it and I will continue to purchase. 👍🏻

on 5/17/2015 1:53:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

This is not the miracle worker everyone claims it is for me. It does not dry fast. I've tried it with roughly ten different polishes and it takes the same amount of time to dry.

on 4/12/2015 6:39:00 AM

I love this product.

After having issues with another Sally Hansen Nail Polish I wrote them expressing my dismay and asking to send that product back. Sally Hansen not only replaced my polish but they sent me the Insta-Dri top coat and the Double Duty basecoat and instructions on how to do a manicure that lasts.

I'm in LOVE with the Sally Hansen Insta-Dri topcoat. It needs time to dry, its not instant drying, but its still a damn fine topcoat that protects my manicure and makes them last longer. I also love the effect it gives over the polish, all shiny and professional looking.

I'm getting towards the end of my bottle now and at about the half way mark I started adding thinner for a better result as it was getting a bit thick and stringy. But, a few drops of Nail Polish Thinner after every use then back in its storage area and this stuff is applying as well as the day I received it.

Love this stuff and would definitely consider repurchasing.

on 3/15/2015 11:52:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

This is an insanely good product. I can't fault it. My nails look like I've spent $25 at the salon getting them done. Highly recommend, absolutely my HG nail polish product.

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

I'm nearly halfway through my second bottle of this stuff. It's amazing. I can't believe I spent so many years without good base and top coats.

I use this in conjunction with the insta-grip base coat, which I really like but I don't think is available anymore, and two coats of whatever polish I'm using.

The "insta-dri" claim is no joke - it's smooth and dry to the touch within seconds of application. A caveat to this that I've noticed is that it might not be dry all the way through, so you still have to avoid being hard on your nails for maybe 10-20 minutes. What I mean by this is, your polish won't smudge from a fingerprint or small bump, but it will still dent/peel if you firmly press your fingernail or another hard surface against it. This is no big deal to me, as I generally polish my nails when I'll be watching TV or on my computer for awhile, so the fact that it dries just enough for me to be able to type without worry is perfect.

This stuff dries so fast that you have to work fast when applying. I've found that I need to use a bit more than I would with a normal polish, because if you try to use a super thin coat, it will dry on you before you have gotten the polish all over the nail.

The bottle I have doesn't say anti-chip on it. I actually have never been able to find that version - but the plain insta-dri top coat in the red bottle works really well for me at keeping chips at bay. I've had my nails last for a week or more without damage and have had people ask if my nails were gel because it lasted so well.

I haven't really had issues with this polish getting thick & gloopy, but I go through it pretty quickly if I paint my nails every week or two. I'm also someone who shakes/rolls my polishes a few times during application to keep it from settling, which might help.

The only thing I hate is that this polish has such a short brush, which leaves A LOT of product in the bottom when you start running low - like 1/4 of a bottle. I've never gone through an entire bottle of polish before this, so maybe that's normal, but it drives me completely crazy. This stuff is expensive, and it's a pain to have to try and tilt the bottle and dig the polish out of the corners when you're painting your nails!

on 2/15/2015 9:26:00 PM

I read the good reviews however this product did not work for me. It takes longer to dry.

I made my nails at night and in the morning the polish was not completely dried, I was getting dressed and the polish got damaged. I used already it 10 times and decided to get another top coat.

on 1/24/2015 1:26:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral

Awesome top coat! I was also a Seche Vite user but got tired of how quickly it seemed to dry out. I don't do my nails all the time and I was losing a lot of product. I like the consistency of this more than Seche Vite too. It's a bit thinner which I think is easier to apply. Dries fast and keeps a manicure looking good for days. This is now my go-to top coat.