Sally Hansen Insta-Dri Anti-Chip Top Coat

4.1

Ethyl Acetate, SD Alcohol 40-B, Butyl Acetate, Cellulose Acetate Butyrate, Acrylates Copolymer, Trimethyl Pentanyl Diisobutyrate, Triphenyl Phosphate, Sucrose Benzoate, Nitrocellulose, Etocrylene, Benzophenone-1, Dimethicone, Tocopheryl Acetate, Saccharide Isomerate, Algae Extract, Lavandula Angustifolia (Lavender) Flower Water, Hydrolyzed Rice Bran Protein, Violet 2.

on 2/15/2015 9:26:00 PM

I read the good reviews however this product did not work for me. It takes longer to dry.

I made my nails at night and in the morning the polish was not completely dried, I was getting dressed and the polish got damaged. I used already it 10 times and decided to get another top coat.

on 1/24/2015 1:26:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral

Awesome top coat! I was also a Seche Vite user but got tired of how quickly it seemed to dry out. I don't do my nails all the time and I was losing a lot of product. I like the consistency of this more than Seche Vite too. It's a bit thinner which I think is easier to apply. Dries fast and keeps a manicure looking good for days. This is now my go-to top coat.

on 1/19/2015 6:55:00 PM

The best top coat around! I can put this over my nails and by the time I've finished putting it over my other hand, the first hand is dry to the (gentle) touch! Of course, I always give it a little longer to really dry so it won't smudge with lots of pressure. It's incredibly cheap and can be purchased for under $5. It does not shrink polish. It makes my nails super shiny, and I can usually wear the color for almost a full week before it starts to chip. The only downside is that it does start to thicken in the bottle after a while, but I typically just buy a new bottle since it's so cheap.

on 1/4/2015 5:14:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

it changes and darkens the color of the nail polish :-( but i still like it cuz it dried fast

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

No shrinking, doesn't pick up colour off the nails & put it into the remaining product in the bottle (I have this issue with seche vite...picks up the red & then leaves a blob in the remaining product), dries quickly & smoothly. Fewer of the scariest toxic chemicals compared to some other brands as well. Will repurchase.

on 12/14/2014 9:54:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Dries fast..shiny and long lasting.. But after I use it a few times it starts to bubble on my nails! Really horrid, my manicure looks bad now. This product got a lot of positive reviews, so maybe I'm doing something wrongly..?

I require three things from my top coat: 1) It has to dry quickly, 2) It has to keep my manicure looking nice, and 3) It better not shrink my polish. This is the closest thing I've found to meeting all three criteria, and for the price, you can't beat it. It dries rock-hard within a couple of hours, although you can pretty much go about your day-to-day business right away as long as you're reasonably careful. I've accidentally brushed my nails against other objects shortly after doing my nails but they came away unscathed, which is a vast improvement over other top coats I've tried that never ever ever *ever* seemed to dry all the way. It does keep my nails shiny, so that's another plus. Shrinkage is minimal although I do experience it some at the ends of my nails, especially with glitter polishes, but this is easily avoidable by wrapping the tips. The only thing I don't like is that it does what top coats do over time, and that's thicken into a gloopy stringy mess. The odd thing is, Insta-Dri will still do its thing even if you apply it in this state--it still dries and performs like usual, although it tends to bubble more at this stage, which is more annoying that the gloop-factor. I am usually able to use at least 3/4 of the bottle, though. When mine gets to this point I just toss it instead of adding a nail polish thinner, but I'm thinking of trying that just to see how it does. The stuff is so cheap it really doesn't matter either way, because before I was spending at least twice as much on top coats that didn't perform any better so eh, I'll take it. This is still the best-performing out of all the top coats I've tried, with the added bonus of being inexpensive and easy to find. I'll keep using it unless I stumble upon something that works better.

on 11/18/2014 12:08:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Blond, Kinky, Fine

I was an avid user of Seche Vite for a long time because it was great at preventing chipping and gave such fantastic shine. However, it drove me mad the way it shrunk on my nails, so when I saw this listed as a HG top coat by a blogger, I had to give it a go, especially at the bargain price of 5.99.

Wow, what can I say? I'm converted! Super shiny, rock hard and no chipping. When I use this my manicures last for a week, sometimes longer, apart from a little bit of tip wear but that's to be expected as I type a lot in my job (Plus I'm a powerlifter so my nails can get knocked about in the gym!)

I get compliments on my nails quite a lot and am often asked if I've had a gellish manicure due to the shine on my nails. This is definitely my new HG :)

on 11/17/2014 7:49:00 AM

This is a product that really works! It dried very fast. Don't know how long it will last, hope for a week!

on 11/15/2014 12:53:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

My new favorite product! I'm on day 7 and my nails still look like I just polished them with no chips.