September 23, 2014 | 1836 users online

Top/Base Coats - Sally Hansen - Insta-Dri Anti-Chip Top Coat

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/11/2014 10:18:00 AM More reviews by scs2dd

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is my new favorite top coat. I have previously used the quick-dry formulas from Seche Vite, Orly, Essie, OPI, and Butter London all for extended periods and I can say that Sally Hansen works the best for me. My two main concerns are shrinking (looking at you, Seche) and visible brush marks (and you, Orly), while this top coat gives an extremely glossy shine like Seche and only has minimal shrinking which is taken care of completely if you sweep the brush over the tips of the nails. The formula itself strikes a balance between runny and thick and is easy to control, while it's one of the, um.. Quicker-drying quick-dry top coats. I tested this for a week, reapplying every morning on my fairly long nails-- my nails are naturally weak and having them longer results in chipped polish usually by the third day. However, I was pleasantly surprised that only on the fourth day was some slight wear along the tips of my nails; no chipping, so my manicure still looked fresh to the casual observer. I removed it on the seventh day only because the constant reapplication was causing the paint around my cuticles to look thick.
My small complaint is that the bottle is not round so that I can't warm it up by rubbing it in between my palms, which is crucial for getting out air bubbles that will show up on nails. Other than that, I recommend it highly to everyone.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/6/2014 10:03:00 AM More reviews by bobbywasagoodman

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This crap actually works. Buy it.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/6/2014 1:25:00 AM More reviews by callwood

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is the best top coat, hands down, better than seche vite, better than any other Sally Hansen. People always ask if I get my nails done professionally. This evens out your colour, forgives your mistakes and puts a beautiful shiny gel-like coat that lasts for weeks on my toes. If I remember I put another coat on the next day, even better! It is easy to apply, hard to get wrong, dries in 60 seconds. Simply does what you want all top coats to do, but they invariably don't. This is the only top coat I will use and if I am forced to use something else it disappoints. Try it. Don't forget the second coat the next day for an even more incredible, very long lasting shine.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/25/2014 12:21:00 AM More reviews by Ferrishyn

I find this is better than the ever popular Seche Vite. This never gets gloopy and hard to deal with. It never need thinning or cracks weirdly or even shrinks. It drives in the same amount of time and has the same shine.

I have been using this off and on for at least 15 years now and it's never let me down. Seche Vite has many times. This is MUCH cheaper as well.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/13/2014 12:20:00 AM More reviews by aprilcake

AMAZING. After using this, I seriously cannot use other top coats. Dries so fast and keeps the nails shiny for so long. I ran out of this, and tried a new top coat,but i kept coming back to this one. the best top coat i have ever seen so far. It is a bit pricy, but it is so so great, i can say that it IS WORTH IT

rated 5 of 5 on 8/11/2014 12:01:00 PM More reviews by swordfern

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I was hesitant to try this as I didn't think that it would be better than my beloved Seche Vite; however, I'm extremely happy that I did! Fast drying? You betcha! Shiny, durable finish? Yes! Shrinkage? None! On top of all of these benefits, the formula is thinner than SV, meaning a thinner finished nail thickness, and it doesn't contain toluene. I also surprisingly prefer it to Essie's Good to Go! I have experienced bubbling on occasion, and the bottle/brush could be improved, so it's not a perfect product, but I now find myself reaching for it more often than any other! Great product!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/23/2014 9:57:00 PM More reviews by achtungbaby80

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Hallelujah! Finally--a top coat that does what it says. Yes, it does dry quickly; yes, it is shiny; yes, it lasts a decent amount of time (although I always end up getting tired of my polish and changing it on the 4th or 5th day, so I can't really say exactly how long its staying power actually is). I'm so happy I finally found a top coat that works, and even the negative reviews don't really scare me off...so what if it gets gooey and gloopy halfway through the bottle? For $6 I'll just buy another one. Please note that I have not yet experienced this, and I've used about a fourth of it. I would definitely recommend this as the best top coat I've tried thus far (and I've gone through many)...

rated 5 of 5 on 7/9/2014 5:26:00 PM More reviews by antoanto23

How i love you,dear ista dri.you are sooo fast and shiny!people keep asking if i got gel!Downside ,gloopy and thick,nothing a bit of skills cant fix.!!

rated 2 of 5 on 6/3/2014 3:49:00 AM More reviews by Laura2121

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I don't really understand how this product gets so many positive reviews?
It was because of those reviews that I decided to try it, however my experience was by far not positive.
First of all my polish didn't last longer than 1-2 days (I mean if you want a completely perfect look).
Besides after a while it got kind thick and gooey and completely lost even the few positive properties that it had.
Overall I find this to be a crappy product and wouldn't recommend to buy

rated 5 of 5 on 5/25/2014 7:35:00 AM More reviews by christeeezy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is my go-to top coat, I'm on my 4th bottle. I'm not patient when it comes to painting my nails and a fast-drying formula is what I look for in a top coat. This definitely dries in 30 seconds to a minute, depending on how thick of a coat you apply. Apparently, it gives my nails that gel polish look because I always get questions from people asking if I have gel nails whenever I use this. Price-wise, it ranges from $5-$8 depending on where you go.

If I had to choose a con I'd say that the formula gets goopy and thick after awhile, but that's pretty normal for most, if not, all top coats and nail polishes.