Sally Hansen Insta-Dri Anti-Chip Top Coat

4.2

Ethyl Acetate, SD Alcohol 40-B, Butyl Acetate, Cellulose Acetate Butyrate, Acrylates Copolymer, Trimethyl Pentanyl Diisobutyrate, Triphenyl Phosphate, Sucrose Benzoate, Nitrocellulose, Etocrylene, Benzophenone-1, Dimethicone, Tocopheryl Acetate, Saccharide Isomerate, Algae Extract, Lavandula Angustifolia (Lavender) Flower Water, Hydrolyzed Rice Bran Protein, Violet 2.

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

Excellent topcoat. Been using this for years and haven't been let down by its lasting power! It truly dries quickly and keeps my manicures looking nice for days on end. Also perfect for smoothing out glittery nail colors.

The only complaint I have is that it tends to get too goopy/thick to use around the halfway-empty point - I've experienced this with my past 2 bottles. Would be awesome if it were available in a smaller container. That being said, I will keep repurchasing forever!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I like this, mainly because it dries pretty fast. The thing I don't like about this is that this doesn't stay very glossy looking at all, it will look nice and shiny on day 1 even maybe 2 but afterwards it fills down a lot

Love dis stuff. Makes polish dry super fast, maybe not quite as fast a Seche Vite, but it's definitely close, and considering this is cheaper that works for me. Only reason I wouldn't give it 5 stars is that it does get gross and goopy towards the end. There's about 1/8th of the bottle left right now and it's unusable as it's so thick. I know this tends to happen with a lot of top coats, but until I find a top coat that drys fast, makes nails hard and chip-free and doesn't get so thick towards the end of the bottle, I won't be giving out any 5 stars. I will be buying this again!

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

This is my first use of this product and so far I have been pleased with it. Typically I use SV but wanted to try this as I had heard raves on the NB about this product and it is a bit less expensive than SV. But, the main reason I wanted to give this is a try is that I read that it does not cause shrinkage like SV does.

This applied smoothly without streaking or pulling. The texture was nice and it was not too thick or too thin. It dried quickly leaving a nice glossy shine. The dry time was a fast as SV. As I do with SV I did not use an additional TC to prevent shrinkage, so we will see how this works out. That is one step that I would like to skip if possible.

I added this over a glitter type polish and one coat of the Insta Dri covered the glitter nicely leaving the surface of my nails smooth.

This comes in the standard np bottle w/a standard brush. The brush was a good quality. Honestly, I don't remember the cost, but I am sure that at WalMart it was around $6.00.

So far, so good. I will update in a couple of days as to the wear time, shrinkage and any other pertainent information regarding this product. Typically SH is NOT one of my favorite brands but hopefully this one will break my negative attitude toward SH products. At this point, I would repurchase this again.

UPDATE: 5 days of wear with no chips over a Sinful Colors polish with this TC. Even better in my book is that there was no shrinkage. I think that this is my new HG QDTC!

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm

I purchased this nail polish upon the recommendation of one of my most trusted beauty blogs - sleepandwater - who claimed that she didn't know how she had painted her nails before this. I was immediately sold.

Having never before steered me in the wrong direction, I had high hopes for this product. Upon applying over two coats of (dry) nail polish (despite the claims on the packaging I have never dared apply this over polish that is still slightly sticky. That just strikes me as a disaster waiting to happen) I first noticed the glossy finish that this imparted, smoothing over any ridges or light streaks. It seemed to form a kind of shell-like barrier on top of my nails, and gave a 'professionally done' look to them.

Clearly this polish not only looks like a barrier but acts as one because every nail polish that I top with this lasts for at least a WEEK before chipping or showing signs of wear. For reference I pair this with the Revlon Colorstay Gel-Smooth Base Coat (now discontinued, although with some luck you might be able to nab one at a discount beauty store) and will repurchase over and over again.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Best top coat money can buy ~ hands down bar none! I just did my nails maybe 5 minutes ago and here I am typing knowing that I will not ruin a nail. Not only does it dry your polish in no time but the shiny finish that it leaves is gorgeous. I'm always cleaning around the house and washing dishes so it's not as though I don't do any housework, I do! My nails keep that fresh manicured look for a good solid week....can't ask for much more than that. For around $5 you can't beat it. I absolutely, very highly, recommend this one!

This was one of my brought on a whim purchases, and what a great purchase it was. I saw this product online and put it on my "check it out list". I was at the grocery store, saw it, price was right, so I bought it (even though I have several topcoats that I thought were pretty good).

It has now been two (2) weeks since my manicure, and NOT a chip in sight? I have washed dishes (and other household chores (wearing rubber gloves) using really hot water). Imagine the surprise I got when I took off the gloves and did NOT see one chip or any melting of the polish from the top of the nail (due to the hot water). This stuff is great? So glad I tried it, and would repurchase in a New York minute. And it maintains the shine, and quickly dries too?

This is my new bestie top coat.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This is my hg jelly sandwich tc. I have a nail matrix that is on the weak side (didn't grow without breaking and peeling without Duri Rejuvacote). This tc dries in 10 minutes and fully cures within 2 hours, but goes on pretty thin. I found that if I use it alone some nails would crack and chip, even considering a 5-7 layer polish job. So I'm using this between layers to dry and finishing with Essence The Gel TC.

You do also have to add thinner very frequently once you've hit the halfway mark in the bottle, or it just gets gloopy and bubbly. Once the thinner mixes in it's as good as new.

I have been using this for a few weeks. Very pleased so far with the performance. I find you need to apply a slightly thick coat to prevent it streaking your polish. It really does dry quickly and your nails are dry to touch in a minute or so. I usually wait a few minutes before doing anything, as my nails are prone to smudging, always have been. This is a glossy and shiny TC and wears well. I like to reapply this every other day or so to maintain a high gloss finish and I like multiple layers as I like polish to look thick.
My polish does not chip, (possibly because I reapply this TC though) and I take it all off usually weekly when I redo my polish.
Brush is a nice size.. although it could be a little bigger, but it certainly is fine as is.

My nails are very picky with polishes and top coats! I applied two layers of polish and topped it off with this top coat and it dried to the touch in about 10-15 minutes but in just two short days, my polish began to crack and peel off.
This top coat does not dry multiple layers of polish and still makes the polish sticky. Does not fully dry until a full good 20 minutes, but even after that the polish is still sticky and prone to completely smudge off.