September 21, 2014 | 2084 users online

Hair Treatments - Nexxus - Botanic Oil

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/31/2009 2:57:00 PM More reviews by hags101

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have been using this for 17 years! This is great to use if your hair is damaged (my hair had the pigment completely taken out with bleach from a salon disaster) or dry and needs a deep treatment. I leave it on for over an hour under a plastic bag and shower cap. I use a hair dryer on it to give it some heat. I also mix up a concoction with this, Keraphix, and Humectress to give my hair the nutrients and luster it really needs. I don't remember how much I paid for this because it usually lasts me a couple of years. I also decanted it into an aveda pump glass bottle because I found it messy and a pain to use in the original bottle. I am into making beauty products myself, so before purchasing again I may try to duplicate the recipe with the carrier oils. But I still have over a year usage left in the bottle.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/19/2008 8:07:00 PM More reviews by lotusfairy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

A great product to keep around since it could be used as a moisturizer, a hair conditioner, or a cuticle oil. I prefer to use it in my hair. I dampen my hair and apply the oil to my ends where it gets the most driest and let it sit for ten minutes. I later shampoo and condtion as usual. My hair comes out soft, shiny, and healthy-looking. My bottle came up to eighteen bucks, but it was worth every cent.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/26/2007 9:14:00 PM More reviews by sunth

I have been using this product for a few years as an occasional pre-shampoo treatment. It replenishes the moisture and oils needed for my hair to stay healthy. I recommend this product for people with dry hair as helps to make your hair soft again. This product has been discontinued in Canada, but I would still buy it if I could.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/28/2007 12:24:00 PM More reviews by MissMelissa

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is an amazing all purpose oil! I LOVE it! I bought two 10.1oz bottles of it, on Clearance for around $5 each, about two years ago. I still have most of one bottle left! It's a blend of several oils, vitamin E and it's fragrance free, too! I use this on my nails at night and I mix it in with; hand creams, foot creams & deep hair conditioners. I also use it to clean out my cats ears! One of them actually likes to DRINK this stuff! (I use Q-Tips to clean out their ears, so I coat them with the oil and that kitty will chew the cotton part off before I get to clean any of them's ear with it!) LOL! I can't give her much of it, because it will give her diarrhea, but she loves it and it's good for her:) I wish I could find more of this stuff--at a good price. I'd definitely buy it again=)

rated 5 of 5 on 6/22/2006 2:03:00 PM More reviews by honeysmoke

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is the best hair oil I've ever used. I've been using it for over 5 years, and won't put it down. Not sure what's in it, but it's wonderful. I sometimes mix it with conditioner (to add a little something to my norman conditioner when doing CO's). I'm African American with chemically treated fine hair that I blow and ceramic iron twice per week. I use this on the 2nd and 3rd days to keep it looking healthy. Can also be used on nails, feet, etc.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/26/2006 7:33:00 AM More reviews by Annieddiva

I absolutely love this oil - I use it mainly as a hairdressing on the ends of my hair and it has really helped keep them in great condition - plus I also like to use it in my hair colour when dying my hair to help replenish essential fatty acids. Plus there are lots of other uses for this fab oil too! The only thing I have a problem with is that due to the spout on the bottle - you can pour out too much. Love it!!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/18/2005 6:35:00 PM More reviews by etoilesud

I have used this product for almost twelve years. I have ethnic hair and I pour some into the palms of my hands and blowdry it straight with a blowdrier with either a comb or brush attachment. It helps to straighten my hair and really helps with the frizz. When I remember, the nights between washings, I pour some into the palms of my hands, apply, and blow dry my hair straight and go to bed with a scarf tied around my hair to keep it flat. My hair looks great (straight), very shiny, and ready for the curling iron when I wake up. I got other people hooked on this product as well. The only thing I dont like is it doesnt smell the greatest. But the scent is better than when it first came out. Actually, its the Holy Grail for my hair.

P.S. I also LOVE Kera Care's Hydrating Shampoo and their shampoo for dandruff is the only one that has ever worked for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/24/2005 8:47:00 PM More reviews by ChristyW

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I had forgotten how good this stuff is for dry hair. A few months ago my hair was severely damaged from a home perm, and I went from having healthy hair to dry, brittle straw! Needless to say, I've spent the last couple of months using every deep conditioner and reconstructor I could find, but my hair still looked so dry and dull. So I picked up a bottle of this and started applying it to wet hair for 3 minutes before shampooing, and the difference is amazing. My hair is soft and actually has shine again! I definitely recommend this for anyone with dry or damaged hair.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/29/2005 6:21:00 PM More reviews by gommiebears

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Cool Hair: Black, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Brown

I bought this product out of anger. Wait let me explain. I called a salon to see if they had Emergencee in the 16.9 oz. The woman said yes. I guess she misunderstood me because when I made the 2 hour trip back home, they didn't have it. I was annoyed to say the least. I noticed that they had the Botanic Oil in the 100 mL size and I said to myself, what the heck? I made the purchase. It is a nice oil, might be too heavy for fine-haired gals, no matter how curly your hair is. I added this to my Keraphix conditioner and my hair felt nice. This is the first time that Keraphix actually detangled my hair or I guess my hair has been straighten to death. I wouldn't mind purchasing it again but hopefully it will be on sale when I find it.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/7/2004 9:57:00 AM More reviews by danawana

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

My hair dresser told me about this product, she uses this for hair and skin. She told me only to put two drops in the palm of my hands, and rub my hands through my hair. My hair has a nice sheen and it feels very soft. This product really penatrays so only use a little bit. When I tint my hair I add a teaspoon to the dye before I put it on my hair.
I paid $10.25 for a large bottle that will last probably a year.
Some of my friends have used this product for over a year and they are very satified.