November 28, 2014 | 1470 users online

Gels/Soaps - Burt's Bees - Peppermint Shower Soap [DISCONTINUED]

rated 4 of 5 on 10/25/2014 3:24:00 PM More reviews by roseannabanana

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

I wish they'd bring this back; it's such a nice soap for a bar. It lathers well, smells nice and leaves your skin feeling really clean.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/20/2013 9:05:00 AM More reviews by catherinemarie102

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I got a trial size of this in a Burt's Bees starter kit. This soap lathered okay, and I liked the smell. The smell didn't linger(which I like because I put on scented lotion after showering) and I think it slightly dried out my skin. This product wasn't horrible but there is absolutely nothing special about it. I wouldn't recommend or repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/15/2011 2:31:00 PM More reviews by ximachikenx

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I received this as part of the 2010 holiday grab bag and didn't get around to using this until a month or so ago. This is an okay soap, it has little bits of almonds in it for an exfoliating effect. The thing I don't like about this soap is that it seems to melt very quickly so one bar lasted me less than three weeks. However, I like that unlike a lot of soaps it doesn't dry out my skin. Burt's Bees products are fun to try but not sure if I would purchase this regularly.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/7/2010 7:28:00 PM More reviews by kp818

I started using this on my face (boldly I know as it is not a facial cleanser).

Miraculously, I've seen an almost instant improvement in my skin. Under the skin bumps are disappearing, skin isn't dried out at all.

I am totally surprised that this is working for me as a face wash, but I was getting desperate.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/15/2010 2:32:00 PM More reviews by plf1988

Got this in a sample set on sale and didn't think I would have much use for it. Well I was wrong. This is not made for the face but I have found that it does not harm the face, in fact is quite a good little exfoliator. I use it to scrub away the dry skin flakes on my chin caused by NE winter. It does a better job of exfoliating that area than Queen Helene Mint Julep Scrub. It looks kind of scary but it isn't rough and it smells good. I wish it was less expensive/larger, but I don't need it everyday so it's ok. Try this for exfoliating, you won't be disappointed.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/21/2009 3:23:00 PM More reviews by ganicity

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

it's going to a good start leaving my skin squeaky clean and getting rid of all that dirt ...afterwards i apply either my neutrogena sunblock spf 55 or a good moisturizer ....

rated 5 of 5 on 7/14/2009 4:32:00 AM More reviews by radar626

This is a great pick me up soap. It's not overly drying and gets off all the dirt and grime. A perfect time to use this is after a hot, sweaty day of yard work. My husband loves it for that purpose. It revives him and makes him relax after a hard day of work. It would be nice if Burt's made a lotion that had the same scent.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/24/2009 3:58:00 PM More reviews by ennisprettykitty

I am a fan of mint smells, and i have to say while this smells pleasently of mint,its not a strong scent and you do not get that tingly sensation as you do from most mint products.I used this in place of my shower gel, and simply took it our of the packet, ran it under water and rubbed it on my skin!It didn't cause too much of a lather, and it din't dry my skin out in any way. However i do have a few complaints.The bar is very small, and only lasted me over a week(though i do shower every day due to exercise)Also as i was coming to the end of it, it broke in half and started to crumble so its hard to use the very last bit.I got two in a swap and am on my second.I love this, but i think in order to convince me to purchase myself they would have to make the bar bigger.Left my skin feeling clean and in no way dry.Only looses marks for size and fact the soaps are not sealed in their packets

rated 5 of 5 on 11/9/2008 11:51:00 PM More reviews by davefan77

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love this soap! I have very sensitive skin that freaks out at a lot of things, but was able to use this on my face and body. It makes a huge difference on my face! And I just feel so clean from using it. It got rid of the annoying little bumps on my arms. The peppermint smell is a nice pick-me-up in the morning. The dark color is weird, but I'm a believer!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/22/2008 6:01:00 PM More reviews by Savvy890

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

this smells good
it wasn't moisturizing , but i really like the texture, and it cleaned good . 4 lippies.
edit: I LOVE THIS STUFF!