December 22, 2014 | 1214 users online

Bronzers - Bobbi Brown - Bronzing Powder in Golden Light

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/25/2014 3:57:00 AM More reviews by One1Cherry

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

I like this bronzer. Its good for contouring because its matt. I'm NC30 and this works fine. Its rather pigmented so application has to be lighthanded. Because i need so little product, i don't foresee finishing this for another 2 years! The powder is not the finest milled but overall still a quality product.

I cannot detect any fragrance which is great. I really prefer makeup and skincare to be fragrance free. I love the timeless design of the packaging, simple and chic. The mirror is pretty good sized and the compact sturdy. I wished the compact opens all the way (180 degrees) and not only 90 degrees.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/7/2014 6:52:00 PM More reviews by Asianlily

I have this bronzer in both shades Medium and Light. I use Medium during the warmer months when my skin has more colour and Light during colder months. Light gives my paler skin a beautiful, natural sun kissed glow. I cannot ask for more when it comes to a bronzer. It is finely milled which makes it easy to blend. Completely matte so perfect for everyday use. Will definitely repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/2/2014 6:42:00 PM More reviews by ldyveex

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

nice colour

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/14/2012 7:57:00 AM More reviews by dictatorprincess

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I got this from my mother who is around NC20 and for whom it was too light and oxidized on her. Color wise this is a great match for my NC10-15 skin but I don't really like the texture- it is a little chalky looking on me and I have to buff the eff out of it. I really like the way bronzers look on me after having been on a few hours and "sunk in" and this never seems to do that, it just sits on my cheeks like cheap powder if I don't use a kabuki afterwards to buff it out.

The only thing I really like is the packaging and the mirror. I wish I could give a 2.5 but I went ahead and upvoted to 3 because the product does work if you work for it, which is a giant PITA for me.

A close color match is Cargo Blu Ray and that bronzer has a nicer finish as it wears. It hurts to say but I won't "rebuy" on this (out of hundreds of reviews I have said that less than ten times). I am a bronzer h00r and there are just too many nicer bronzers out there. The color is nice but this takes too much work to get right, and for the price of BB (even if I didn't pay for it) I don't expect a product to be as chalky as drugstore.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/4/2012 4:53:00 PM More reviews by gracymacy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

a few weeks ago my friend gave this too me because it's way too light for her. i'm not exactly fair skinned (NW 30), but i needed something to use for contouring. i tried this and am amazed. it doesnt have any shimmer (perfect for contouring) plus it isn't orangey. i use it under my cheeks and on the sides of my nose and it's perfect and looks natural but still gives the shadows i'm trying to create. however, i don't know if i would repurchase it, only because i'm looking for something with a more greyish undertone

rated 5 of 5 on 4/22/2012 6:24:00 PM More reviews by GetFat

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is a great bronzer. I might have limited room to judge because most of my bronzer experience is with drugstore brands, but I have very fair skin and don't like glittery products so I finally caved to find something that would be more ideal for me than what I was using. (Which previously was the lightest Milani baked bronzer - pretty, but best for night use because it's so glittery)

BB's bronzer is really finely milled. Though it definitely gave me noticeable color on the first swipe with very little product, it went on smoothly and evenly. Since I'm very pale and have dry skin sometimes I have issues with making powders look even because they won't buff into the skin well, but I didn't have any issues with this.

It's a good size, and since it has good pigment and is so finely milled, I think it will last a long time. The packaging is ideal - sleek, attractive, easy to clean, sturdy. The price is steep, but for a product like bronzer that you really only need one HG of, I think it's worth it to stick to one you really like, considering I'd probably only need to buy this once or twice a year with regular use.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/28/2012 12:55:00 PM More reviews by euroasian

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Other

The label on mine says "Golden Light", but I'm assuming it's the same thing. I bought this a few weeks ago so I'm assuming this might be the latest name.

For reference at last check I am NC10-15 (I don't use MAC face products.) This is my daily bronzer. It is matte on the skin but not dull or powdery-looking and applies smoothly and evenly. The colour is a beautiful golden tan colour that is not too red, orange, or yellow. This really is the colour that I come back with after a sunny vacation (yeah, yeah, I know...tanning=bad). It lasts all day on my normal to combo skin and does not oxidise or change colour. I also love the packaging as it comes in a sturdy case with a large mirror and I have not had any issues with the hinge. Definite repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/7/2012 10:57:00 AM More reviews by MSTHALIA

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

i love this bronzer that BB brought to the line. first, i want to say with the experiences i had before with other bronzers i was not fond of because some bronzers are either too orange, shimmery, or powdery (talc ingredient). i know with bronzers you must be light handed and apply gradually, if not then you will have a "dirty or muddy" look. BB bronzer i love for the simple reason is its natural to your complexion based on how you tan in the summer. i wear golden light based on a representative in the BB website webchat she recommended that shade for me. i am glad i listen and it shows now it is natural bronze warmth to my look. the price to this bronzer is $35 usd which i feel is pricey. but i will save for a while. there isnt any bronzer that is cheap in these high end dept stores. so your option if you dont want to splurge is to go to drugstore brands. but you pay for the quality.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/4/2011 9:27:00 AM More reviews by DahliaLily

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is a very finely milled powder with no shimmer. It is a light brownish color...really super light. It is for pale skin like mine and can be used in various ways. I have been using it mostly as a face powder; lightly applying with a huge powder brush over my liquid foundation. It takes away a tad of the paleness from my skin. If you want to use it as a "bronzer" the best way is to apply it in layers and build your coverage slowly. Be careful not to build too much and then your face is brownish and your neck is white. I love this as a face powder much more than a bronzer and I think it is even better than most face powders I've tried just for taking a tad of the paleness away from my skin. As a bronzer - not sure about its use for that so much. Love love love it overall.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/22/2011 4:54:00 AM More reviews by integrated

It's my first bronzer. It's great, I have used it as contour to enhance my cheek bones. No complains, great color, and it does not seem to induce or intensify acne. The case broke at the hinge, but no one else seems to complaint about packaging.