November 23, 2014 | 1742 users online

Liquid - Giorgio Armani - Luminous Silk Foundation

rated 5 of 5 on 11/20/2014 3:59:00 AM More reviews by Therealmina

Absolutely love this foundation however I couldn't find my shade properly.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/17/2014 8:14:00 AM More reviews by Colourpop

I so wanted to love this foundation but sadly it does not seem to work for me. I have combination skin which veers towards oily and I know which products work for me e.g Double Wear Light amongst others. I had read that this is fine for oilier skins but I don't believe that is true. I think a foundation at this price should work well enough without a primer if it really is ok for oily skins but it leaves me incredibly shiny after just a few hours. Also when you look closely it sits oddly on the skin, it can highlight pores and even any facial hair which none of my other foundations do! I can imagine that this leaves a lovely dewy finish on drier skins but please try this out before you buy, there are many other foundations out there which are just as good if not better.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/15/2014 8:14:00 PM More reviews by beautylover105

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

OVERPRICED.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/8/2014 12:23:00 AM More reviews by natao

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Nice medium coverage, not as natural and beautiful as finish i get with Vitalumiere aqua. Staying power: after 5 hours it begins to melt, after 8 hours in the office - almost all is melted. Primer, powder, finishing spray - nothing helps. I have normal skin. Conclusion: Due to the bad staying power not worth the price I paid. For 63 EUR (cca 75 usd) i paid for it I expect to get more.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/7/2014 4:57:00 PM More reviews by PorscheGirl1

After much hype I purchased a few of this on the same day, why? Because I was experimenting with different tanning lotions and so I needed a few colors to mix so I could match my color correctly. If you are oily do not buy and do not buy their primer it will make you look even more like a butterface. I will not be buying again, if you like this then try Nars the dewy foundation. You will love it.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/6/2014 8:53:00 PM More reviews by futuredermeditor

It’s my favorite for special occasions — I recommended it to a friend recently for her wedding, and I personally wear it for every big, well-photographed event myself!

It's very layerable. It provides aluminum starch octenylsuccinate to help balance oil on the skin, while cyclopentasiloxane (a lightweight silicone) provides mild hydration. Alcohol thins the solution without drying your skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/3/2014 8:49:00 PM More reviews by maddiexx

I love this product so far!! I was looking for a replacement for my NARS tinted moisturizer since I had been using it for quite a long time. The GA concealer is amazing so I figured I would give the foundation a shot and I am glad I did. I was matched to #4 and it blends in perfectly. I use my BB to apply the foundation and it gives a perfect, light but full coverage. It doesn't feel like I am wearing anything on my face but it gives a nice, natural coverage. I have used Dior (very drying) and YSL (too streaky) foundations in the past and Luminous Silk is much better IMO. Normally I always set my foundation with some loose powder but I actually can go without it now if I choose. The only reason I may not repurchase is because it was so damn expensive where I bought it in Canada (~$75!!).

rated 5 of 5 on 10/30/2014 6:42:00 AM More reviews by zcselman

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Green

Absolutely obsessed with this foundation - definitely my HG! When used with a sponge you get the most flawless airbrushed look; it gives a sort of glowy look without being super shiny. Colour is buildable and has good staying power when used with a primer. I used to be a Studio Fix addict, but I don't need powder to set my foundation now that I use Luminous silk!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/27/2014 5:13:00 PM More reviews by lemon_tree

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Black

Love love this foundation for my normal/dry skin. it is one of few foundations i've tried that truly look seamless and radiant and even and natural. it wears really well throughout the day, doesn't oxidize on me that i can tell, and it doesn't break me out. texture is more on the watery side and spreads very nicely. coverage is medium. i have a TON of foundations and this is one of my favorites. it does have a fragrance but it fades so i don't mind it. i would repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/27/2014 1:20:00 PM More reviews by citrus99

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I usually don't need foundation because my skin is smooth and doesn't have many blemishes but my friend insisted on me trying some of her luminous silk foundation. In my opinion, most other foundations just smooth out complexion and many look cakey after a while. When I put on this one, it gave me something else. My skin started to glow and I was voted hottest delegate at an MUN conference I went to. Thank you Giorgio Armani!