September 23, 2014 | 1334 users online

Liquid - Giorgio Armani - Luminous Silk Foundation

rated 5 of 5 on 9/21/2014 4:28:00 AM More reviews by gadgetgalz

I'm totally and completely FLOORED with this foundie! I bought one out of whim, a bit sceptical (I usually wear Channel's Perfection/Lift Lumiere) and this bottle just win above them all! It got great coverage without the chalky/cakey look, sheer to medium buildable, feels so smooth on my skin and no breakouts whatsoever. So a sheer layer is perfect for daily use, whilst a thicker application works perfect for parties/girls' night out. Also the color is just a perfect match for my skin (4).

I apply this foundie with just a speck of my regular moisturizer, with Obagi's sunblock for day time. Sigma F80 or damp Beautyblender just blur the foundie nicely. I just one pump of Skindinavia's setting spray on the F80 and smooth complexion is mine all day.

I will definitely buy this again, I just can't get enough!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/6/2014 4:04:00 AM More reviews by Pinkaroma

Amazing foundation which makes your skin look amazing. It gives medium to full coverage and looks great for hours.

Some foundations start to change in its textures due around my t-zone during the day due to oils. But this still foundation still looks fantastic.

I use it with primer and use loose powder to set it.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/25/2014 6:14:00 PM More reviews by gcpecor

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

I have just repurchased my second bottle! I haven't opened yet, I'm scrapping out my first bottle with a long wooden spatula, that's how much I love this foundation. No SPF. I don't want SPF in my foundation, I use a separate SPF. It last beautifully all day and photographs lovely. Comfortable, just the right amount of hydration for my combo, skin. When I want to sheer it out, I use a damp beauty blender and bounce it off my skin. With a foundation brush, I get flawless fuller coverage. With my fingers, it blends out seemlessly. Every tool I use works perfectly and gives a differet type of coverage.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/25/2014 1:44:00 PM More reviews by CStuartMonteith

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is the best foundation I have found so far, and I have used many high end ones, such as Chanel, Dior, Bobbi Brown, etc. It's not my HG one, because the color does not quite match my skin. No. 4 is too light and 3.5 is slightly orange. I must admit I did not play with the other colors, as the SAs seem to keen to 'help' and don't let you get on with it.
The texture is amazing, light yet it covers my brown spots better than any foundation I have ever tried. It is so easy to blend, it just melts into the skin.
I received a sample, but I am sure I will buy it despite the price, a little goes a long way because it is highly pigmented.
I would not recommend it for oily or combination skins because it is indeed luminous. I found that it lasted a long time, at least 5-6 hours, but then my skin is slightly dry.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/24/2014 6:17:00 PM More reviews by Katy2404

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Since my perfect foundation was discontinued (dermalogica treatment foundation) I have searched and spent hundreds on different foundations. I like foundation to have a bit of a shine and not look too dry and caked on, but I also don't want to look oily and greasy, as my skin is already quite oily and acne prone. I found this after doing research and have never looked back. I use colour 5.5 and it is perfect for me. It is quite expensive but I use it every single day and a tube lasts 3 months. One pump covers whole face and I use an extra half a pump on areas that need a bit more coverage. I hope they never discontinue this.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/23/2014 1:08:00 PM More reviews by mellypmakeup

For reference I am currently a MAC NC40-NC42 (at home tanning) in GA Luminous Silk Foundation I bought 7.5. I believe the shade matches well. It's very yellow in undertone which is great for my faux tan. The coverage is light to buildable medium.. If you don't have acne or dark spots on your skin the foundation looks great all on it's own. But if you do, a little spot concealing and you're good to go. Doesn't feel heavy at all. Doesn't cake, gives a nice "glow" FYI i do use a primer first and it seems to last me 8+ hours.. I've counted 10-12 hours if decent wear. If you're oily blotting and maybe additional powdering or smoothing out thoughout the day is possible to help it last and look nice but that's typical with most foundations on oily skin. I like this foundation and can't wait to see how it behaves when I'm dry in the winter!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/19/2014 6:45:00 AM More reviews by catheamazing

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I use this in 02 Ivory and I have to say the color matches my skin perfectly (I have usually difficulties finding the right color). The only thing I don't like is it does not last whole day on my oily skin. Also the coverage is rather sheer, so it won't work well if you're trying to cover pimples. But I would repurchase (I already did).

rated 4 of 5 on 8/17/2014 3:09:00 PM More reviews by PSS07

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Brown

I really love the texture of this foundation and the coverage it would be my HG... But the problem are the colours I can only wear this is summer when I am very tanned then I'm a shade #9. I tested other lighter shades for the winter months but in my colour range they are the wrong undertone, too pinky. Such a shame :(

rated 4 of 5 on 8/16/2014 2:56:00 AM More reviews by Misszeeb

The best foundation I have ever used... And I have tried many. I have combination skin and find it doesn't go dry, oily or oxidise on my skin - great medium coverage that lasts all day.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/13/2014 4:22:00 AM More reviews by CCbirdie

My HG foundation for sure. I've used this for about 3-4 years now and it is still hands down the best foundation I have used. It leaves a lovely, even dewy sheen to the skin and covers beautifully and gives me a glowing complexion. I mix two colours to get the perfect tone for my skin.
It's certainly not cheap (and I try and get every last drop out of the bottle!), but for the moment I'm happy to fork out for it because I love it so much.