Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk Foundation

3.8

AQUA / WATER, CYCLOPENTASILOXANE, GLYCERIN, ISODODECANE, ALCOHOL, POLYGLYCERYL-4 ISOSTEARATE, ALUMINUM STARCH OCTENYLSUCCINATE, CETYL PEG/PPG-10/1 DIMETHICONE, HEXYL LAURATE, DISTEARDIMONIUM HECTORITE, PHENOXYETHANOL, ACETYLATED GLYCOL, STEARATE, MAGNESIUM SULFATE, ETHYLHEXYL METHOXYCINNAMATE, TRISTEARIN, CELLULOSE GUM, NYLON-1,2 LIMONENE, BENZYL SALICYLATE, LINALOOL, DIPHENYL DIMETHICONE ACRYLATES COPOLYMER, PARFUM / FRAGRANCE, DISODIUM STEAROYL GLUTAMATE, METHYLPARABEN, BUTYLPARABEN, BUTYLPHENYL METHYLPROPIONAL, ALUMINUM HYDROXIDE, HEXYL CINNAMAL [ /- MAY CONTAIN CI 77891 / TITANIUM DIOXIDE CI 77492, CI 77499, CI 77491 / IRON OXIDES CI 77007 / ULTRAMARINES MICA

on 6/18/2015 11:32:00 AM

Heard the rave reviews so in my search for a HG foundation I invested. Applied it with a brush and I wasn't overly impressed so next application I tried it with a beauty blender. My god it looks so nice I can't describe it. It's not high coverage id say medium but the finish is lovely! It's sort of Matt but still radiant. It's the most expensive foundation I've bought but it is lovely. On a side note originally I wanted the too faced born this way foundation but with shipping taxes it added up to a whopping 48 pounds which is like 76 dollars! I still want to try that one though but I refuse to pay that much!

on 6/17/2015 12:31:00 AM

JUST NO. DONT WASTE YOUR MONEY!! I have pretty normal skin, not especially dry or oily and I can't make this foundation last no matter what. It honestly lasts for about 2 hours before it needs to be touched up. If you get a little bit of oil or sweat FORGET IT!! Also, when you apply it, it goes on streaky. I have to keep buffing and buffing until it doesn't look streaky. I HATE this foundation and I can't believe how people can like it. The ONLY POSITIVE for this is that the colour matches my skin perfectly (a bit lighter and more yellow than nc15 and shade 3 is perfect). Save your money, there are much better foundations for half the price.

on 6/16/2015 7:17:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Bought this yesterday from selfriges in Birmingham and having used it two times already I can say I'm in love!! I have dry skin and with other foundations it would cling to it but with this foundation it covers and doesn't cling to my dry bits!
It gives a glow once it is on I set it with macs setting spray it's good at covering my spots and I'm very pleased!! Deffo worth the money

on 6/15/2015 9:28:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure

I really wanted to love this foundation like so many others, but I absolutely without a doubt hate it and I will never buy it again. I am medium skinned Black meaning not light skinned, but not dark either, in between. Shade #8 made me look ashy or pasty. It had an extremely overwhelming baby powder scent that lingered hours after applying it. The coverage was extremely light almost like a tinted moisturizer. Also, the pump doesn’t lock like some foundation pumps do. For $62, I would expect one that locks. The only good thing about it was that it blended into my skin easily.

on 6/10/2015 1:54:00 PM

Love this foundation.
It looks natural, dewy and have a good coverage. People have been raving about this product a lot and I finally got my hands on this. I am using the shade 4. One pump can do the job already. I don't really need to touch up while using this, if you have combination skin maybe a primer will help the foundation to stay all day. My skin looks really nice when I use this foundation.

on 6/9/2015 4:04:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Silver, Wavy, Medium

Ahhhhh. Finally...an HG! This foundation is wonderful for my dry skin, which is not in bad shape after 57 years of wear. Although it does not have sunscreen, I use a moisturizer with sunscreen, and then a Smashbox or Chanel primer underneath the foundation. It goes on smoothly using either my fingers or an RT foundation brush. It's held up well in cold, dry weather and on hot, humid days, too. I also use a prescription retinoid 1-2 times per week. While I liked Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua, it's fallen to a solid second place now that Armani has appeared. Pricey? Yes. Bliss? Absolutely.

on 6/6/2015 9:28:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

If you have normal or dry skin, you NEED this foundation. It comes with a lot of product so last you a long time (6-7 months) and this is my everyday foundation. Just 2 squirts of this foundation is enough for your whole face, and can easily build coverage with more product.

It's lightweight and medium coverage, and and really does give you a luminous look! The packaging is lightweight and has a matte finish bottle - very pretty :)

Even after purchasing other foundations (I.e. NARS Sheer Glow, Chanel Perfection Lumiere), this would still be my highly recommended product as I always catch myself going back to this product, and using it as my everyday foundation!

It mixes so well with other product, e.g. Whether your contouring with a powder based contour kit or a darker foundation. It just sits very well on this foundation, and doesn't cake the skin!

on 6/6/2015 11:04:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Crap, i really hate to be part of the cult following this foundation but its hard not to when it truly works that well on you. i have olive/yellow skin making it sooo hard to find a good color match, right now im using 5.75 and i love it! everything about it (except of course the hefty price tag) the application, the finish (think satin with a glow where the light hits) it lasts about 6-7 hours on me with settng powder and it photographs amazingly<3 no breakouts either! skin doesnt feel dry or tight with it on.
its been my HG for a few years now and im always trying to find a cheaper alternitive but i have yet to find something this good! the raves are true, LS is amazing.

on 6/3/2015 4:46:00 PM

What can I say; worth the money? hell no.

It looks fabulous when applied like really nice Hollywood nice.
After a few hours: max 4 I get a little oily. (I have combo/acne prone skin.) this doesn't bother me really. I get oily with almost every foundation. (i've tried a lot "always searching for holy grail material with light to medium coverage ")
But here comes the real trouble:
First of all it highlights the pores. When you have visible pores this is definitely not for you!
It says it does not clog the pores.
Well my skin determined that this is a LIE.
From clogged pores to pimples to breakouts all over my face.

First I thought: this must be the hormones.
So I kept using this "face" liquid cause no way this could be causing it.
Boy was I wrong.
In a very short time I went from a decent soft smooth skin to a bumpy pimple scar-ish face. :(
YES Its that bad!
So I started a search for the ingredients since it made my skin a "wanna-be" mount everest style.
so it appears it contains some hormonal-disruption ingredients. Which causes breakouts.
I wish I knew this before spending my money. *cries in Spanish*
Be warned. This one either is a dream. or could be your worst nightmare.
* I normally dont break out from other foundations
only when its that time of the month*
Would never ever recommend to those whom can relate to my skin type

on 6/2/2015 8:44:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Medium

Nothing beats this foundation! It lasts all day, is buildable to required coverage without looking caked on. It gives the most amazing glow. I give other brands a go via samples and trials but I always god back to GE LS.

Video Reviews & Tutorials