Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk Foundation

3.9

AQUA / WATER CYCLOPENTASILOXANE GLYCERIN ISODODECANE ALCOHOL POLYGLYCERYL-4 ISOSTEARATE ALUMINUM STARCH OCTENYLSUCCINATE CETYL PEG/PPG-10/1 DIMETHICONE HEXYL LAURATE DISTEARDIMONIUM HECTORITE PHENOXYETHANOL ACETYLATED GLYCOL STEARATE MAGNESIUM SULFATE ETHYLHEXYL METHOXYCINNAMATE TRISTEARIN CELLULOSE GUM NYLON-12 LIMONENE BENZYL SALICYLATE LINALOOL DIPHENYL DIMETHICONE ACRYLATES COPOLYMER PARFUM / FRAGRANCE DISODIUM STEAROYL GLUTAMATE METHYLPARABEN BUTYLPARABEN BUTYLPHENYL METHYLPROPIONAL ALUMINUM HYDROXIDE HEXYL CINNAMAL [ /- MAY CONTAIN CI 77891 / TITANIUM DIOXIDE CI 77492, CI 77499, CI 77491 / IRON OXIDES CI 77007 / ULTRAMARINES MICA

on 2/23/2015 11:13:00 PM

I really wanted to like this foundation after hearing some pretty good things about it, but overall it was just meh to me in every aspect. I found it a little too light coverage for my liking, the foundation seemed really sheer and I could basically wipe it off with my hand. It also made me look oily but not in that glowy dewy type.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

Great foundation, like everyone raves. Wonderful finish, get staying power, beautiful on the skin, does not break me out. Not too glowy, looks like just naturally beautiful skin.

However, beware using this foundation for fair ski because it's color range is not great. It is hard to find the right color and undertones and seems to never look quite right with fair skin.

on 2/17/2015 10:12:00 PM

I don't recommend this for oily or combination skin types, my t-zone shines whenever I wear this. But it can be very nice for other skin types because it feels like second skin.

on 2/12/2015 2:31:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

i had heard so much hype on this product i was very excited to try it. i had my color matched for me at the armani counter. the color right away seemed a tad orange for me but it was the best match they had. kind of disappointing for the price but my biggest problem is that is so drying on my skin. i do have very dry skin, and have to be very picky about my concealers. (I've been loving make up forever full cover concealer) so, back to their foundation: as soon as i apply it it starts to settle into tiny little flakes and pores that were invisible before i applied it. sort of the opposite of what it's supposed to do, right? i expect more from armani products. i see other reviewers had the same experience. and still others adore this. my take: if you have dry skin, mature skin, or large pores, skip this one.

on 2/11/2015 9:05:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I just want to say that this foundation is overly hyped up. There are better foundations out there for the price. Its true that it look beautiful on but it has not staying power only really lasts for about 4 hours on my skin. And for the price is not worth it in my opinion.

on 1/30/2015 12:08:00 AM

L'OREAL TRUE MATCH LUMI IS A DUPE! A true dupe!

I am someone who wouldn't hesitate to spend $50 on a cosmetic product. With that being said, I won't be re-purchasing Armani Luminous Silk. I know there is a LOT of hype around this foundation, and it's a good one, no doubt. But worth $52? Heck no! I was so excited to try it. I was disappointed. The coverage is just slightly too sheer for me.

Run down to your local Walgreens and pick up your shade of True Match Lumi for under $10. I absolutely cannot tell the difference between the two. In fact, dare I say, I might prefer the True Match over the Armani.

on 1/29/2015 11:51:00 AM

I really didnt like this foundation at all. First of all i like lightweight foundations, which looks like a second skin on my face. After applying this you can clearly see that you did put on a foundation. The second thing is, and it is more important for me, this accentuated my pores. I have relatively larger pores on the sides of my nose and when i put this on, it just sits in my pores and makes them look even more obvious. I will stick my hg foundation; yves saint laurent le teint touche eclat. It looks dewy and has a much more natural finish than armani.

on 1/22/2015 12:18:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I'll say it's my HG because it saved me!

I used Lancome Teint Idole BEFORE they changed it to 24-hour ridiculousness. They didn't transfer the color palette over from old to new, so my Bisque 6W was no longer there. It was my HG for about eight years. I spent about three years trying to find something remotely comparable in terms of coverage, color match, lastingness, consistency, finish, price, noncomedogenicness, and photography. Something was always off with every product I tried. Then, I ponied up the big bucks (even bigger than Lancome, which I thought was pricey, sheesh) for this foundation. It stopped my endless search. Now, it's not perfect, but it's darn close. Coverage is light to medium and totally flawless (I'm aiming for lighter coverage, as I'm 38 and need to stop wearing heavy foundations), but if you want to, you can load this on, and it doesn't get cakey. My color match is great -- 6.5 -- very believable. It doesn't let you stay oil-free for too long, but with my hormones, absolutely nothing will cure my Texaco face. The finish is luminous (well named), price -- eek! (knocked off a lippie for price), and I don't break out. Win, win, win, win. Photographs beautifully as well.

I'm 60 and had been using Bare Minerals for years, until a celebrity client of my daughter's gave her a large amount of "freebies" sent to her. So, I tried this foundation that was almost a perfect match. Wow! My skin, which is already in pretty good shape, looked sooo smooth and soft! I went to a department store to get an exact match. It is well worth the money- after all, this is your FACE- it's what everybody sees! Why not have it looking as good as possible! It goes on smoothly, even with your fingers or a make-up brush. Due to it's cost, I'll still use my mineral foundation and just use this wonderful foundation for certain occasions.

on 1/4/2015 2:11:00 PM