Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk Foundation

on 10/12/2015 8:08:00 PM

I'm gutted about this foundation as it looks absolutely flawless when applied with a beauty blender and some powder on top to set it, but only lasted 2 hours before it separated and looked like I'd dipped my face in baby oil! If you have combination to very oily skin then do not purchase this product!! You will be wasting your money!
If you have normal to dry skin then this is perfect for you! It will give you a flawless finish with a lovely dewy glow and will last all day when set. It is very pricey but this is to be expected, as it is a high end product! The packaging is nice and the pump makes it easy to dispense. It does have a slight smell to it, but not overpowering or unpleasant.

I didn't want this to live up to the hype. I really didn't. I did not want my HG foundation to be $62. But it is.

I didn't even wear foundation for years because it breaks me out and looks unnatural. An SA recommended this to me and sent me home with a sample. It's easy to apply. Goes on smooth, blends nicely. It's thin enough that it's not goopy but it's not too watery either. It's just perfect. It's dewy enough that my face doesn't look dry but matte enough that it doesn't look greasy either. I have combo skin so that's not something I'm used to. It lasts an 8 hours workday. Shade 5 blends perfectly with my skin. It looks like my skin but better, which I never believed was possible. It also does not oxidize like many other formulas do on me.

After falling in love with this product I was determined to find something that works as well but doesn't cost an arm and a leg. I tried MAC, Clinique, Bobbi Brown, NARS, Revlon, L'Oreal...and finally gave up. This is it. This is The One. I curse myself every time I buy it, but it works like nothing else.

Packaging is great. The pump works well, it doesn't leak, the bottle looks nice (as well it should for $62!!!)

My *only* complaint is that it has a very slight fragrance. I would prefer no fragrance at all. Does anyone like fragrance in their foundation? I don't know why you would, but they all seem to have it!

If you're picky and you hate foundation, give this a try. But try at your own risk. It will forever ruin all other liquid foundations for you.

on 10/4/2015 12:19:00 PM

I wanted to love this foundation; after spending $62 on it, who wouldn't want to love it? The coverage was fine for me, and it didn't settle into my pores or oxidize as other reviewers experienced. However, my normal skin felt oily, and worst of all, I broke out. Big time. With horrible pimples on my cheeks, chin, and forehead, and I haven't broken out since high school forty years ago.

on 9/26/2015 11:09:00 PM

I'm torn. Absolutely torn.
This foundation gives me wonderful coverage as pigment is dense yet texture is thin. There is nothing cakey about this foundation. Colour match for my NC20 is perfect with 4.0. This leaves my skin looking beautiful. I had a lady ask if I use expensive treatments or serums on my skin because it looked buttery and plump. What that even means, I have no idea! It was solely this foundation. Where it lets me down? It doesn't last on my skin :( and I don't even have majorly oily skin. Just normal production down the t zone. Yet with this foundation, I have to prime my t zone with a primer and powder once-twice throughout the day.. With other foundations, I can usually forgo powdering.

To help this last on my skin, I have been mixing it with long lasting foundations and applying it down my T zone. Maybelline Superstay/Covergirl Ready Set Gorgeous along with this foundation enhance longevity.

I won't repurchase unless my skin becomes normal-dry, as the finish is unbeatable.
It also doesn't irritate my sensitive, eczema/Perioral dermatitis skin.

on 9/25/2015 1:42:00 AM

I have oily skin but I have never been a fan of the matte look. This was one of my first foundations and I did really like how it looked. On me, it gave a light-medium coverage. The colour matched my skin pretty well and felt light weight.

I got very oily by midday though so blotting is a must. If you're oily, this foundation will look great for the first few hours but blotting or powdering will be needed after. If you're oily and low maintenance, then this probably is not the foundation for you. People with dry skin or normal skin may like this!

on 9/20/2015 1:49:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

I bought this based on rave reviews on the internet. I found the color range to be excellent; coverage medium and with a subtle luminosity. Adherence to the skin was good but I had to blot my T-zone by mid-day. Unfortunately despite trying it multiple times and even with a primer to create a barrier, I would break out repeatedly. Not just superficial breakouts but fairly inflammatory ones. Into the bin this sadly went.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Damn it, GA. You are perfection. More coverage than my previous HG MUFE F&B and a touch more matte. Longer lasting than PF Nude Wear Glow, although the texture and coverage is very similar. Is more natural looking than Lancome Teint Idole and EL Double Wear Lite, and more comfortable on my skin than Colorstay. Also, more glow than Colorstay too, so take that Colorstay. Luminous even coverage that makes my skin look *better* while covering my flaws. This lasts all day, but doesn't look cakey and doesn't sit in pores. It is expensive, but comes in a convenient and hygienic pump bottle. You win. Are you happy now? Damn.

on 9/7/2015 3:17:00 PM

Anytime I try another foundation I'm reminded that this the best, most flattering foundation, and I don't think there's a close second. My skin glows and looks considerably younger. My #1 choice for many years.

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure

I bought 6.5 at! They have the cheapest price for the GA! Here in Australia, it retails for 80aud ish . I got if for 60+. When i received it , i was so shaky and excited! Imagine i have been lemming this product since 2007! Omg! And now i had it , it's a perfect moment! Initially i thought it looked beigey because i applied it in the morning where the sun is so so bright but when i applied it at nightime, it's the perfect yellow olive shade that I always see online. So yeah i would use it more on the night. It's kinda weird hey. But trust me i have been studying foundations, undertones, colors for like 10years now because i hve been searching the perfect color! Ai love how it feels! It blends well. Yeah it doesnt give u the most matte finish like hourglass but it creates a beautiful look overall. I hate the smell , reminded me of fhe old Bobbi Brown oil free foundation that I abhored back in the days. Yes it is buildable, and it takes time to set. I can compare it to Loreal true match but the latter is weak in oil control . You must try it I promise! Im an nc40, olive in becca , cashew in EL DW. Give it a try!

on 9/5/2015 6:51:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

When a male friend notices & remarks on how great your skin looks you know you have found THE foundation. The one. Great coverage without feeling or looking false. This hides my rosacea without upsetting my sensitive skin with 2 pumps. Worth. Every. Penny.

Video Reviews & Tutorials