January 31, 2015 | 1915 users online

Liquid - Giorgio Armani - Luminous Silk Foundation

rated 2 of 5 on 1/30/2015 12:08:00 AM More reviews by cutupangels78

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

L'OREAL TRUE MATCH LUMI IS A DUPE! A true dupe!

I am someone who wouldn't hesitate to spend $50 on a cosmetic product. With that being said, I won't be re-purchasing Armani Luminous Silk. I know there is a LOT of hype around this foundation, and it's a good one, no doubt. But worth $52? Heck no! I was so excited to try it. I was disappointed. The coverage is just slightly too sheer for me.

Run down to your local Walgreens and pick up your shade of True Match Lumi for under $10. I absolutely cannot tell the difference between the two. In fact, dare I say, I might prefer the True Match over the Armani.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 1/29/2015 11:51:00 AM More reviews by bbincir

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I really didnt like this foundation at all. First of all i like lightweight foundations, which looks like a second skin on my face. After applying this you can clearly see that you did put on a foundation. The second thing is, and it is more important for me, this accentuated my pores. I have relatively larger pores on the sides of my nose and when i put this on, it just sits in my pores and makes them look even more obvious. I will stick my hg foundation; yves saint laurent le teint touche eclat. It looks dewy and has a much more natural finish than armani.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/28/2015 12:41:00 PM More reviews by JPerezSP

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have very sensitive skin and was born with small spider veins on my cheeks. I am a makeup lover so Ive tried many foundations and finally I found one I am sticking to! What I mainly love about this foundation is that it's good for a person on the go, meaning some days I don't have time to conceal before my foundation but with this foundation I don't need to! And it lasts all day without getting oily or needing to reapply. It give full coverage without getting the Cakey feeling or look. My skin has also never looked better I barely breakout where as with Mac studio fix foundation would irritate my skin. Everyone compliments my skin when I wear this foundation and I've reccommend It to almost everyone. Although it is a bit pricey it is worth the price.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/22/2015 12:18:00 AM More reviews by riannick

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I'll say it's my HG because it saved me!

I used Lancome Teint Idole BEFORE they changed it to 24-hour ridiculousness. They didn't transfer the color palette over from old to new, so my Bisque 6W was no longer there. It was my HG for about eight years. I spent about three years trying to find something remotely comparable in terms of coverage, color match, lastingness, consistency, finish, price, noncomedogenicness, and photography. Something was always off with every product I tried. Then, I ponied up the big bucks (even bigger than Lancome, which I thought was pricey, sheesh) for this foundation. It stopped my endless search. Now, it's not perfect, but it's darn close. Coverage is light to medium and totally flawless (I'm aiming for lighter coverage, as I'm 38 and need to stop wearing heavy foundations), but if you want to, you can load this on, and it doesn't get cakey. My color match is great -- 6.5 -- very believable. It doesn't let you stay oil-free for too long, but with my hormones, absolutely nothing will cure my Texaco face. The finish is luminous (well named), price -- eek! (knocked off a lippie for price), and I don't break out. Win, win, win, win. Photographs beautifully as well.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/8/2015 9:33:00 AM More reviews by atlantagal123

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I'm 60 and had been using Bare Minerals for years, until a celebrity client of my daughter's gave her a large amount of "freebies" sent to her. So, I tried this foundation that was almost a perfect match. Wow! My skin, which is already in pretty good shape, looked sooo smooth and soft! I went to a department store to get an exact match. It is well worth the money- after all, this is your FACE- it's what everybody sees! Why not have it looking as good as possible! It goes on smoothly, even with your fingers or a make-up brush. Due to it's cost, I'll still use my mineral foundation and just use this wonderful foundation for certain occasions.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/4/2015 2:11:00 PM More reviews by lashsh

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

very good thanks..!

rated 3 of 5 on 1/4/2015 1:01:00 PM More reviews by Lizziburns1

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I bought the Giorgio Armani luminous silk foundation needing full coverage as my skin consists of quite alot of red patches around my cheeks, the foundation applied really easily and was very soft on my skin however I found that it was not very long wearing atall and I was not very satisfied with the coverage, after about an hour or two I would have to top it up and with my skin being quite olily this was not helpful.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/21/2014 9:09:00 PM More reviews by shordeecat

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

I am normally an NC30. I have this in 5 and the Matte version of it in 5 and 5.5. I absolutely love all of them. I just ran out of luminous and will be repurchasing. I love that it gives a natural but full coverage look. Everytime I wear it I always get compliments and people always ask which foundation I am using. The pricing is a little high but worth every cent.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 12/21/2014 5:42:00 PM More reviews by audmac

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Other Eyes: Hazel

Luckily for my wallet I was unimpressed with this foundation. #4 was a decent, but not perfect color match for me (NW20) but the main problem for me was how this foundation brought out the worse in my skin- it looked so heavy on - cakey/masky and accentuated bumpy texture and pores which normally are kept under control with my current hg foundation NARS Sheer Glow in Mont Blanc.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 12/20/2014 2:05:00 PM More reviews by Neyaat

So I have been having a very hard time finding a foundation that matches my skin. People have been raving about this foundation so why not give it a try? I'm not gonna lie, i was a bit unsure if it was worth it bc of the price but I went for it. I serioulsy LOVE it, it's so natural looking but still covers. It matches my skin tone perfectly. I'm darker than NC45 but lighter than NC50 so NC47 in mac? But I got the armani foundation in the shade 9 and i loove it. I'm so happy to finally not having to mix two foundation for the right shade. Definately HG!