September 2, 2014 | 1628 users online

Lips - Mary Kay - Signature Lip Gloss

rated 5 of 5 on 11/9/2011 9:34:00 PM More reviews by BudgetDiva

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Silver, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Black

One of all-time favorite glosses is their "Cream and Sugar" (used over their Toffee lipstick). Not too sticky, pretty decent staying power, and it just smells delicious. With all my mix-and-match of other products, high end to low end, just can't find any combo that works like that Toffee lipstick with the Cream and Sugar gloss over it. As I said in another post, I have a love/hate relationship with MK products, I either love 'em or hate 'em. However, after reading some of the reviews here, I think I might have to give some of their skincare products another try. I had tried them a few years ago but was undewhelmed. Looks like perhaps they're reformulated them or something to have such positive ratings, so I'll give those another go with my next order for lipstick and lipgloss.

BTW, regarding the comment about the "pink truth" webiste. A dear friend of mine sells MK and has never had a problem. I'd take that "pink truth" site with a grain of salt; to be honest, I explored it a few times and it looked like maybe a dozen or so posters doing most of the posting on that site and I kind of got the impression they got themselves into THOUSANDS of dollars in debt through their own overpuchasing of product, apparently in hopes of getting the "free" car or that red jacket (whatever that signifies; I've never asked my friend about the hierarchy and I don't think even she has one).

I don't put a lot of stock into a site that actually PROHIBITS any positive comments about any company (yes, look closely at their forum and you will be immediately banned if you post ANYTHING positive about MK...that's just weird).

I won't stop using the MK products based on what I've read there; according to my friend (and I've know her 12 years), a lot of what is on that site is just plain ol' sour grapes. I think unfortunately a lot of women got way amped up and overstimated what they could sell, and then were stuck with the excess. Someone's lack of ability to move their inventory won't stop me from purchasing my favorite products, whether it's from MK, Mark, Avon, Arbonne, or any other "consultant" type of situation. I love my makeup and skin care products too much to cut any of it out of my life, LOL!

rated 3 of 5 on 8/21/2011 7:47:00 PM More reviews by erinjmt

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

It's just a clear gloss - not a life changer. Totally average product. I would not buy this again because I can get a comparable product in a more convenient place for less money.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/22/2004 4:01:00 PM More reviews by Hautest

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

The color, grapefull, is beautiful on my CCC skin, however it just doesn't last long enough. I will not repurchase.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/23/2003 2:59:00 AM More reviews by IslandGirlSPN

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is my fave shade of MK's glosses. A perfect sheer plummy color. Smells like vanilla cake batter so it makes it extra pleasurable to smooth on my lips. The color spreads evenly which did not happen with Aloha Pink. Aloha Pink was hard to apply without it looking blotchy. Overall this is a great lipstick like gloss. Great shine factor too!!.------------------------ 2007 UPDATE: If I want to pay what MK wants for this I'd rather buy high end brands or even MAC and Urban Decay.---------------------------------------------UPDATE: I used to love mk products but found out a lot of interesting information on pinktruth.com regarding the products and company. Turns out they are a bunch of scam artists after all. So sad.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/22/2003 2:06:00 PM More reviews by wyntyr

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I bought this gloss in the berry smoothie color(which is a perfect color for the winter time). It has a very lightweight formula and is very hydrating. YOu can wear this alone or over a lipstick.