October 1, 2014 | 1915 users online

Gels/Soaps - Dove - Beauty Bar

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 10/1/2014 11:12:00 AM More reviews by coldlove

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I have used this for the past 5 years . This soap leaves my face soft and clean . I have not bought face cleanser since i have used this . I use this when i run out of body wash sometimes too .

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/30/2014 5:29:00 PM More reviews by redheadjane

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Of all the things to give me Clear, blemish free skin I cannot believe it was a simple soap. always being told that soap was bad for my face, I avoided it much of my life. I also go through spells of horribly broken out skin too. I've tried everything on the market..literally. I finally gave up and said, enough is enough and I'm tired of spending money when nothing works. My Aunt who has beautiful 50 year old skin told me to use Dove, nothing else. i had nothing to lose and Starting using Dove exclusively to wash my face 4 weeks ago. My skin is completely clear and smooth. No breakouts, no clogs, no bumps, acne scars are healing. I'm dumbfounded but happy.

I'm using the original beauty bar, not the unscented or sensitive one, just the original. Twice a day. wipe with Witch hazel, Vitamin e oil on scars, lips and under eyes. I'm just amazed at what a huge difference a month can make.

when i started using it, it dried up existing blemishes. I got a few more in the first week, but small and they went away easily. I had clogged up pores too and by the end of the second week, I noticed those were going away too. By Week 3. clear skin, week 4, still clear. Didn't even breakout during my TOM, which never happens. I'm totally sold on Dove. I even got my BF to start using it and I've invested in a huge 10 pack!! lol

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/28/2014 9:55:00 AM More reviews by eq2008

I can't believe I haven't written a review for this beauty secret for my blemish free beautiful skin. I have gone through phases of breakouts my entire adult life, and never thought this is the answer to all my problems. I have considerably oily skin in the summer and combination skin in the winter. I am very prone to clog pores and therefore I always have a breakout on my face unless I use BP all over my face everyday. I regimen for Dan on acne.org did work for me, but I hate putting that much BP on my face everyday and it's so time consuming and takes deligent and dedication to maintain breakout free face. And so I venture out to find a routine that takes less time and uses less harsh products to maintain my face.

I found it. I use Dove white bar to wash my face twice a day everyday. it removes oil, makeup and keeps my face less oily and clean. If i do get a breakout, this soap kills it like nothing can. I have several packs of backup of this soap in case I ran out.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/8/2014 3:34:00 PM More reviews by kavitabc

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I use the Dove for Sensitve skin,unscented. I have extremely dry skin and it dries out even more during the winter. After seeing my dermatologist she recommended this soap. It does have a scent but not overpowering. It does not dry my skin out and I use it on my face to remove makeup and it does a great job.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/29/2014 2:29:00 AM More reviews by lushlife505

Our family swears by the Dove sensitive skin bar. It is very gentle to the skin. It is truely unscented and leaves no scent to the skin just clean.
This one, however, is my favorite. I adore the scent and I really like that it leaves my skin lightly scented even after rinsing off. The scent is clean, soft and soothing. It is very calming to me. Not overpowering or sweet just soft and clean. It also gives me a slight notolgia feeling.
When used on my face my face feels very soft and clean. It removes all my makeup with no issues and I do not have to use makeup remover.
It is not a magic bar that clears up blemishes or rids my skin of my oiliness but it does make it softer than when I use other cleansers made for the face. Again it does NOT rid the oil but does make it clean and soft.
My number one face wash for blemishes would be Clearasil Ultra Rapid Action Daily Gel Wash,then DuDu Osun African Black Soap, I only use Dove bar in the shower if I did not grab my cleanser. Clearasil really helps with my blemishes very well the best so far out of everything I have tried it also removes my makeup fairly well sometimes my mascara will need a little help but my skin looks a lot more clear with this one and my oil is somewhat better. The Dudu osun removes makeup pretty good and helps with the blemishes as well, it does nothing for my oily skin and I do not like that I have to order it and cannot buy in the stores or that it desolves so quickly and is messy.
The dove is just ok for my blemishes but it makes my complexion supple and soft. I also LOVE the scent I find it so soothing for bed or evening shower.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/21/2014 6:29:00 AM More reviews by ShailjaVashisht

I am recently trying Dove's face wash range. Have been a loyal customer of Dove face bar but now its hight time to go for the face washes. Dove Deep Pure Face Wash thoroughly cleanses face and unclogs pores. After continuous use I am even noticing that my pore size has reduced. You can check the detailed review here: Dove Deep Pure Face Wash Pore Care Review continued >>

rated 1 of 5 on 8/18/2014 6:20:00 AM More reviews by ginasalsabila

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

oh god,
this product made me break out.
i use 3 dove bar before i stopped, i purchase this after hearing rave review about this.
i stopped breaking out a while ago, then when i use this bar, i have nasty cyst and pimple all over my face AND body.
i thought there was something wrong with my face, but i switched back to baby shampoo and there's only acne scars left on my face.
seriously, if you have acne prone skin and live in a humid place don't use this.
i suggest using baby shampoo instead it work wonders on me.

and this soap sting the fuck out of my eyes, and it dries out my skin after showering, than it made my face look like an oil slick after 30 minutes.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/10/2014 3:34:00 PM More reviews by o0hollie0o

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

The Dove Beauty Bar is amazing! It smells and feels so nice on your skin. I have used nothing but Dove on my face since I was 14, people always guess my age at around 19-21, I will actually be 31 in a couple of weeks and believe it's all thanks to Dove!. :)

I use the Dove Beauty Bar on my face and the Dove Cream Bath in my baths and will never use anything else.

Also, as others have said, it's the best product to use when shaving.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/9/2014 6:50:00 AM More reviews by Carybear

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

it's strange, the sensitive beauty bar is more drying than the original white bar. I have tons of this stuff lying around. There's Dove Baby scented and unscented both of which resemble Dove original white *unscented*.
See, here's the thing. All three species of bar contain the same ingredients. Unilever is required by FDA regulations to listing greetings on the package, but not the percentages. This would prevent knockoffs etc. so what I'm saying is the Dove unscented version is very much different from the devil original white unscented. And again, Dove original white unscented is different from the orginal white with scent.
The scent does bother my skin...that sucks. But there is Dove Original white *unscented* (blue box) that has the same lather.
So far, it's been ok with just Dove. I use a toner to remove residue, but I honestly don't think there's much of a residue, and if there is, it's ok with me.
Consistency is the key, and a clean diet.
***UPDATE***August 2014-- Well, I have been on a journey since my early 30's, trying to find a cleanser that will not irritate or clog my pores. After my proactiv phase in my late 20's I moved on to Dermalogica.
The world has less resources now than ever, and things are often being reformulated (from food products to cosmetics) with cheaper ingredients. This is what had happened to Dermalogica's Special Cleansing Gel. Before then, it was an amazing cleanser that never irritated my skin. I have SLE and trying to find something that doesn't irritate my reactive skin is tough. Tougher now that I am nearly 40.
My skin was always rather resistant and oily, and could handle what ever I used. These days, due to the toxic environment we live in, my SLE and changing hormones I have dry/combo skin now.
I hate that Dove is tested on animals. I mean, this is 2014, why are they still using bunny ears? Not only does that make me feel bad, but my facial skin does not resemble that of a damned rabbit ear. That aside, I have tried everything thats available and in my budget which is becoming ever tighter. I have to make a choice based on logic and consistency.
Bringing Dove back, because I am sick of worrying, itching and the insane round & round.
***UPDATE*** well I've been using the orginal dove beauty bar (blue box) unscented for 3 weeks.
After the Natures Plus Natural Beauty Cleansing bar, my skin was a mess. Luckily, I have learned of ways to heal dehydration and such...lemon & sugar scrubs at night and yogurt masks in the day.
After intense masking and moisturizing for a week, my skin finally stopped scaling.
Now I am just using
1) Dove
2) Avene thermal h2o
3) Cetaphil lotion.
I read this routine on acne.org (blog called "Dove is my best friend) seemed logical.
As usual, will update in 3 weeks.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/8/2014 2:57:00 PM More reviews by pickmepinup

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

My bar of soap of choice for my face and body because like another reviewer said, it isn't slimy or sticky and no residue is left over. Just clean, soft skin. I've used on my face numerous times and haven't had a pimple afterwards, so you don't have to be choosy about spots with sensitive skin.

If you just shaved your legs a few days before, it's smooth and slippery enough to give you a close, quick shave without needing to break out the time-consuming heavier creams.

I've always had a problem with dry skin on my nose and cheeks and generally dull or reddish discoloration but this product fixes that right up. My skin is smoother and more supple using the Beauty Bar than it is with any moisturizers I've tried, and results start as soon as you wash away the soft lather.

Do keep in mind what gentle means though, I wouldn't rely on this when you've just had a strenuous workout, your face is completely sweaty and you want your skin deeply cleansed. Foams up really easily, lasts a good while and isn't too pricey. Dove is a nice brand. I'll definitely keep on repurchasing!