October 24, 2014 | 1607 users online

Hair - Paul Mitchell - Awapuhi Moisture Mist

rated 2 of 5 on 11/4/2012 4:36:00 PM More reviews by Chelsalicious

This product is ideal for straight razor neck shaves and drying skin..but it is not a leave in conditioner. It is a moisture mist. Not a moisturizer. It only balances moisture.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/26/2012 1:21:00 PM More reviews by babyxdee10

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

My mom's a hairstylist and got this for me since both my hair and skin are so ridiculously dry. For my hair, it does what a leave-in conditioner can do without leaving my hair greasy. My hair is soft and smooth after a couple spritzes with no frizziness or tangles for the rest of the day. It's also great at preventing flyaway's during the dry winter months. For my skin, I like to spray it on my arms and legs after a day at the pool or beach because it is so refreshing without being sticky. It also is very soothing for sunburns, although I wouldn't use it on my face because of the strong fragrance. That is the only thing I don't like about this, is the heavy perfume-y scent that reminds me of the PM color protect shampoos if anyone is familiar with those. I prefer the scent of the PM kid's detangler.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/25/2012 1:47:00 PM More reviews by loveandlilac

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

Went to Paul Mitchell the School, so I was forced to use entirely PM products. I can say I absolutely hate them all except for Moisture Mist. This is the only one I would recommend. Alot of reviewers are saying it doesn't necessarily moisturize, but I've found the best purpose for it is right before you're about to go outside on a humid/sticky day. Hair is constantly seeking moisture and once the cuticle is infused with the air outside, it coils and raises, causing frizz. The best way to prevent it even on those horrible summer days is to lightly spray hair from mid-shaft to end and brush or comb through. NO frizz. I'm telling you. Also great to spray on your pillowcase before bed to prevent tangling and dryness while sleeping.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/14/2012 10:40:00 AM More reviews by siobhan5

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I love this product. I really like the soft summery Hawaii scent ( reminds me a little of KAI perfume oil, which I like a lot), and it really gives moisture to my hair. It also gives the hair better styling quality. Always in my bathroom, just love it!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/7/2012 12:25:00 PM More reviews by SNAKEFACE

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have used this product for YEARS! LOVE IT!!!

I never used it on my hair. I have always used it on my face, only during the times when I was in a hurry and did not have the time to apply my regular face and eye moistureizers. I always had dry skin all my life. This product has helped as a great "stand-in" everytime it was needed. I am just glade that a product like this is available for those "in a hurry" times.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/27/2012 5:44:00 PM More reviews by thubbard

I like that it can be used on skin and hair, and that kind of shows there aren't any weird things it in (since getting hair products on your face usually results in pimples near the hairline). I'm a little unsure about this product, I like it, but then again I don't feel like I need to have it, which is why I said I probably wouldn't repurchase. There are just too many other products I like that I want to spend money, and this is kind of expensive, even though the bottle is huge, so it's more of personal reasons, not because the product is bad. I would still recommend this to people with dry hair. I have pretty fine hair that can get dry, and this seems to quench it, For me, the biggest turn off is the price.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/25/2012 10:24:00 PM More reviews by cosmic007

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Every product in the Paul Mitchell Awaphui line is awesome! Wish they weren't so $$$ but in this case, you get what you pay for.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/30/2012 12:32:00 PM More reviews by lygophilia

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I only use this on my hair and I love it. Provides hydration and smooths out my hair. Never leaves my hair feeling sticky or weighed down. Plus the I personally really like the fresh and clean smelling scent.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/7/2011 2:35:00 AM More reviews by blondex199667

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I bought this in the aerosol can and didn't like it.
To begin with, the can itself never worked well and totally conked out with about 90% of the product left so it was a huge waste of money. It also felt a bit slimy (I only use it on my skin) and the smell was off.
I've gone back to my old standby, Focus 21 Sea Plasma Spray. It's a pump bottle, but at least it works. It doesn't feel slimy and smells great.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/28/2011 9:06:00 PM More reviews by cosmic007

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I'm quite surprised to read negative reviews on this product. I have long, wavy hair, that's got dry, damaged ends from highlights. I mist my hair with a little water to dampen it in the morning, and then spray a few sprays of this Moisture Mist, and my hair dries super-soft, and healthier. It dowsn't weigh the hair down, nor does it have a strong scent. It leaves my hair looking pretty, accentuating the waves in it.