July 25, 2014 | 1859 users online

Hair - Paul Mitchell - Awapuhi Moisture Mist

rated 2 of 5 on 11/4/2012 4:36:00 PM More reviews by Chelsalicious

This product is ideal for straight razor neck shaves and drying skin..but it is not a leave in conditioner. It is a moisture mist. Not a moisturizer. It only balances moisture.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/26/2012 1:21:00 PM More reviews by babyxdee10

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

My mom's a hairstylist and got this for me since both my hair and skin are so ridiculously dry. For my hair, it does what a leave-in conditioner can do without leaving my hair greasy. My hair is soft and smooth after a couple spritzes with no frizziness or tangles for the rest of the day. It's also great at preventing flyaway's during the dry winter months. For my skin, I like to spray it on my arms and legs after a day at the pool or beach because it is so refreshing without being sticky. It also is very soothing for sunburns, although I wouldn't use it on my face because of the strong fragrance. That is the only thing I don't like about this, is the heavy perfume-y scent that reminds me of the PM color protect shampoos if anyone is familiar with those. I prefer the scent of the PM kid's detangler.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/25/2012 1:47:00 PM More reviews by loveandlilac

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

Went to Paul Mitchell the School, so I was forced to use entirely PM products. I can say I absolutely hate them all except for Moisture Mist. This is the only one I would recommend. Alot of reviewers are saying it doesn't necessarily moisturize, but I've found the best purpose for it is right before you're about to go outside on a humid/sticky day. Hair is constantly seeking moisture and once the cuticle is infused with the air outside, it coils and raises, causing frizz. The best way to prevent it even on those horrible summer days is to lightly spray hair from mid-shaft to end and brush or comb through. NO frizz. I'm telling you. Also great to spray on your pillowcase before bed to prevent tangling and dryness while sleeping.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/27/2012 5:44:00 PM More reviews by thubbard

I like that it can be used on skin and hair, and that kind of shows there aren't any weird things it in (since getting hair products on your face usually results in pimples near the hairline). I'm a little unsure about this product, I like it, but then again I don't feel like I need to have it, which is why I said I probably wouldn't repurchase. There are just too many other products I like that I want to spend money, and this is kind of expensive, even though the bottle is huge, so it's more of personal reasons, not because the product is bad. I would still recommend this to people with dry hair. I have pretty fine hair that can get dry, and this seems to quench it, For me, the biggest turn off is the price.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/25/2012 10:24:00 PM More reviews by cosmic007

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Every product in the Paul Mitchell Awaphui line is awesome! Wish they weren't so $$$ but in this case, you get what you pay for.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/30/2012 12:32:00 PM More reviews by lygophilia

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I only use this on my hair and I love it. Provides hydration and smooths out my hair. Never leaves my hair feeling sticky or weighed down. Plus the I personally really like the fresh and clean smelling scent.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/22/2008 7:29:00 PM More reviews by jesalyne24

i totally agree w/a MUA reviewer below as well - use this on your skin!!! honestly, i dont ever recall using it on my hair...lol. i saw this can at my mum's beauty spa & just assumed that it was for my face b/c it totally resembles the mini evian spritzers that i used to have as well. luckily, i read the directions on the can before spritzing - god forbid it was like hairspray :( & my suspicions were confirmed :) i use this spray a couple of ways: in the am, after i apply foundation, i spritz this on my face & dab w/a clean make up sponge - it gives my foundation a more 'natural' look & it also leaves my skin looking dewy not cakey; also, if its hot out, this is like my portable little ac!!! - i'll spritz it on my face if i feel a bit sweaty & dab w/a kleenex - i swear it totally helps me from breaking out - & it is very refreshing w/a nice clean scent. i dont really know how much this costs at a store, since my mum has a beauticians license, i always ask her to grab me a couple every few months & i believe they are around $3 or so w/her discount. my only gripe is that the spray can is a little on the wide side, i feel its about twice the width of the evian spritzers, while this is not a big deal for me (i am the girl whose mantra regarding handbags are, 'the bigger the better) b/c i could probably fit a sixpack of these babies in handbag & not even blink twice, i know that others dont share my love of roomy purses!! w/that said, give this stuff a try - if you dont think that it replenishes any extra moisture on your skin/hair - hey, at least it feels & smells refreshing!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/18/2008 1:30:00 PM More reviews by murphysmomkk

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Ya know, I just love Paul Mitchell products. Every item I have ever bought from PM is really great and worth the money. This is such a versatile product - I use it for so many things, incl sunburns! It is very helpful for a sunburn. It is just a very refreshing, useful item that I always take with me on trips because of it's many uses.
I can barely detect any smell which can be a good thing and I love the way it sprays - it is a very fine mist that is just perfect.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/17/2008 11:57:00 PM More reviews by aligator

I love this stuff! I just bought a huge 16.9 ounce spray bottle of it because of the hot summer heat.. I use it all over! On my skin, hair and face.. Makes me feel so refreshed and cool. I just checked out the Paul Mitchell website and they now have an aerosol can! Wish I could have gotten that one! This stuff smells like cucumbers and I love it! You can also keep it in the fridge and spray it on when you get out of the shower.. Good universal product!!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/24/2007 4:32:00 PM More reviews by Ammit

I bought this when I found that my face was parched after showering at the gym.
It's ok, but not great, it doesn't really put back the moisture into my skin or make it feel less tight but it does help.
I can't remember how much I paid for this but either way it was too much for what this stuff does. I will finish it, and it's pleasant stuff but I wouldn't buy it again because it just doesn't do what i really want it too, i'm sure that there is another similar product that works much better than this.