Rimmel Gentle Eye Make Up Remover

3.6

Water (aqua), Poloxamer 184, Sodium PCA, Disodium Cocomphodiacetate, Propylene Glycol, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Sodium Lauryl Sulfate, Tetrasodium EDTA, DMDM Hydantoin, Panthenol

on 8/4/2015 3:59:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This is my go to eye makeup remover. Most of the time I can get both eyes clean with one cotton round, two if I've got waterproof or long-wearing cream eye shadow on. The product is fairly gentle - my eyes are super sensitive so most things will irritate them, more often than not allergy related. I like that the product has little to no scent. Fragrance is the last thing you need around your eyes. There is no oily residue either which is a real bonus. I've even used this to wipe away hair dye when touching up at home. It does a great job of minimizing chance of staining from the box dyes and less than perfect application you'd get at the salon.

on 6/28/2015 4:09:00 PM

My first impression of this product was positive, since it seemed to do a good job removing eye makeup. Then, about two weeks after I started using it, I suddenly developed allergic contact dermatitis on my eyelids. (It's a very painful and hideous red, scaly rash. For Game of Thrones fans: it looks like greyscale, only bright red.) The culprit was a chemical called methylisothiazolinone, which is a preservative used in this product. My doctor's advice is to run far, far away from any product containing methylisothiazolinone. It's notorious for causing dermatitis, and it won the dubious distinction of being named the "allergen of the year" by a dermatologists' group. Beware!

on 5/31/2015 3:41:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

So far, this is the best eye makeup remover I've found. I wet my eyes with the makeup on (this makes it work.. None have worked for me when it's still dry) an then I put it on a cotton pad and remove the makeup. I only wear light makeup and mascara by the way. But this removes everything!! I have to use 2 cotton pads for each eye, which is okay because it does the job and I wear many coats of mascara. It's only 2.99 at target, so I don't mind using 2 cotton pads for each eye. The best part about this eye makeup remover is that it doesn't burn my eyes! All the eye makeup removers I've tried such as neutrogena and Almay have stung my eyes soooo bad and gave me blurry vision. This doesn't do that, which is amazing... I would repurchase this. If anything changes I will update. I've only been using it for like a week

on 4/15/2015 1:52:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I can't speak for it's effectiveness in removing waterproof makeup, but it removes all of my mascara and eyeshadow super easily. Only thing is there is a bit of an oily residue, not significant enough for me to give it up though. I'd been using makeup remover wipes for the past few months, but I found them to be too irritating. If you don't use waterproof mascara and want a cheap makeup remover, this stuff is great.
Update: I purchased a waterproof mascara, and unfortunately this didn't remove much. :/

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other

I received this product (waterproof version) for free for testing purposes. While it's not oily, which I like, and doesn't irritate my eyes, it's not really good for removing waterproof eyeliner. It works ok on eyeshadows and regular mascara. I definitely won't purchase.

on 1/29/2015 9:44:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

This doesnt remove waterproof mascara very well. I've used other eye make up removers that are better. I only bought this because I wanted something cheap and I didnt want to have to research which one is good in the drugstore. I wont buy this again. I'm going to use it up then use a different drug store brand since I dont want to buy high end eye make up remover. Disappointing.

on 1/24/2015 2:23:00 PM

I have tried many eye makeup removers lately and this one is my favorite! It is amazing at removing any kind of eye makeup espically waterproof makeup. Probably the best waterproof makeup remover I have come across. It doesn't leave any oily residue at all which one is one of my eye makeup remover pet peeves. The price is right too!

I received this product free for testing purposes in my #FrostyVoxBox from Influenster. While there was no oily residue and the makeup remover did not irritate my eyes at all (as some makeup removers can do), it did not actually remove makeup very well. I had to rub my eyes pretty roughly and it still did not come off very well. Check out more on this and other items in the #FrostyVoxBox at http://www.artofthriftiness.com/the-1st-voxbox-experience-frostyvoxbox/.

on 1/13/2015 11:14:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

I received this complementary from Influenster in a VoxBox. It didn't work for me. I soaked the cotton ball with this stuff because I thought I was the problem. It still wouldn't get the mascara off. I used Rimmel Scandaleyes waterproof mascara, so it wasn't a brand problem! When I was cleaning up some application smudges from my Rimmel Volume Accelerator (not waterproof), I gave it another shot. Unfortunately, it didn't even work as well as plain water. I tossed it.

on 1/6/2015 12:09:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I LOVE this product! I always wear waterproof mascara because anything other kind smudges... and this removes it perfectly. I have sensitive skin around my eyes and this doesn't irritate or sting at all. I've repurchased a bunch of times already.