January 27, 2015 | 2052 users online

Eye Makeup Remover - Rimmel - Gentle Eye Make Up Remover

rated 5 of 5 on 1/24/2015 2:23:00 PM More reviews by Rfunaro

I have tried many eye makeup removers lately and this one is my favorite! It is amazing at removing any kind of eye makeup espically waterproof makeup. Probably the best waterproof makeup remover I have come across. It doesn't leave any oily residue at all which one is one of my eye makeup remover pet peeves. The price is right too!

rated 3 of 5 on 1/14/2015 9:34:00 PM More reviews by artofthriftiness

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I received this product free for testing purposes in my #FrostyVoxBox from Influenster. While there was no oily residue and the makeup remover did not irritate my eyes at all (as some makeup removers can do), it did not actually remove makeup very well. I had to rub my eyes pretty roughly and it still did not come off very well. Check out more on this and other items in the #FrostyVoxBox at http://www.artofthriftiness.com/the-1st-voxbox-experience-frostyvoxbox/.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/13/2015 11:14:00 PM More reviews by kellyjr

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I received this complementary from Influenster in a VoxBox. It didn't work for me. I soaked the cotton ball with this stuff because I thought I was the problem. It still wouldn't get the mascara off. I used Rimmel Scandaleyes waterproof mascara, so it wasn't a brand problem! When I was cleaning up some application smudges from my Rimmel Volume Accelerator (not waterproof), I gave it another shot. Unfortunately, it didn't even work as well as plain water. I tossed it.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/6/2015 12:09:00 PM More reviews by Tracey9705

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I LOVE this product! I always wear waterproof mascara because anything other kind smudges... and this removes it perfectly. I have sensitive skin around my eyes and this doesn't irritate or sting at all. I've repurchased a bunch of times already.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/14/2014 2:48:00 AM More reviews by asideofladies

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is good for getting everything off EXCEPT waterproof mascara. It takes a lot of work to get waterproof mascara off and in fact starts to irritate my eyes. I'm sure it would be good with washable though.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/28/2014 8:30:00 AM More reviews by acatcalledbellatrix

This is one of my favourite eye makeup removers. It feels just like water but breaks down all my eye makeup (and I wear a lot of it). It doesn't burn or sting and it doesn't leave an oily residue on my eyelids. It even removes remnants of built up lash glue as I wear false lashes daily. I'll always repurchase as it's cheap and works perfectly. The only downside to this is that it isn't really readily available where I live.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/27/2014 11:59:00 PM More reviews by drsweety1993

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This product is fairly unique in that it isn't a dual-phase remover and pretty much feels like water on the skin. I have sensitive eyes and this product does not irritate them at all. I find that it doesn't work as well when using a cotton pad as suggested on the bottle. I actually pour a bit onto a microfiber towel and hold it against my eye for a few seconds before wiping away. All of my eyeshadow comes off and another swipe ensures my eyeliner and mascara are gone. It's not magic, but it gets the job done.

My only gripe with this product is the packaging. It's very basic and I find it a bit hard to only pour out a small amount. However, for the price this isn't really a big deal. Definitely a winner.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/16/2014 9:47:00 AM More reviews by allyxo141

You might as well be trying to remove you're makeup with just water. It really takes a long time and some serious scrubbing to get off you're eye makeup. I wear gel eyeliner and just regular mascara, not even water proof (which it claims to remove) and I have a hard time getting off my makeup. It obviously does get it off eventually just not as quickly as other removers that I've tried.

Bottom line: It was super cheap, only about $5, but for a couple dollars more I'd rather get one that actually works well. I think its safe to say I won't be repurchasing.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/10/2014 9:19:00 PM More reviews by shindiggity

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have very oily skin and even oilier eyelids. Therefore, I make my eye makeup as budge proof as possible. If you're like me, then do not waste your money on this thing. I might as well have just splash water on my face, because it basically did just as much as for removing my waterproof mascara and waterproof eyeliner. I very rarely return products, despite occasional dissatisfactions, but I had to make an exception for this product. It was just that useless. If you're looking for a waterproof eye-makeup remover at the drugstore/Target, I would recommend Sonia Kashuk's over this one, hands down.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/19/2014 10:04:00 PM More reviews by chukulata

I bought this product about 2 months ago from Walmart because it was like $5 something and I'm going to have to say that I really dislike it. On the bottle it says that "removes waterproof mascara", I don't even use waterproof mascara and it really takes a while to take off my eye makeup. Oh! Gets even harder when I use gel eyeliner! I have to use like 2 cotton pads on 1 eye and rub it hard to take everything off and then my eyes hurt. It really sucks honestly just don't even bother. I would recommend buying the Neutrogena oil-free eye makeup remover.