October 20, 2014 | 1739 users online

Skincare - Body - Banana Boat - SPF 50

rated 1 of 5 on 7/20/2009 2:27:00 PM More reviews by dalan121

This is a review for Banana Boat's Maximum Sunblock SPF 50 (absorbs quickly, waterproof, aloe vera, and vitamin E). The result of using this product for a day on the beach is the worst sunburn I have ever had in my life. I even made sure to take the time to re-apply regularly through out the day and after going in the water. It states that it's waterproof, but that's a lie. I figured out later that just regular tap water can take it off. The whole point of this product is to protect the skin especially in the water, but since it comes off with any water, it's like I was using nothing at all to protect myself from the sun.
This is the worst sunblock I have ever used and will not purchase this again.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/14/2006 3:05:00 PM More reviews by fabmac1

I have this in the waterproof Ultra Plus Spf 50. I love the high protection it has!! 50!! wow!..As with most sunblocks, it IS greasy.. bu ti don't really mind that at all! it does sink into the skin after a bit and the greasiness is very minimal! I don't find it runny at all! Mine's is actually a pretty GOOD consistency! comes in a 240ml tube with a pink cap! retails for about $9CAD not bad considering some lotions are $12+ for a lower protection too! Def will rebuy!! actually..wait.. i already did!! hehe =]

UDPDATE - i have developed a rash after using this..ugh... i am now using neutrogena ultra soft and it seems to be better!

rated 2 of 5 on 11/28/2005 9:49:00 PM More reviews by sexysweetie17

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I like the broad spectrum this sunblock provides but I found it to be runny and messy. It took a considerable amount of time before it was completely absorbed by my skin. I will not purchase this again.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/27/2003 10:21:00 AM More reviews by rooch

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I was looking for a "physical" sunscreen, instead of chemical and found this BB "Baby magic" SPF 50 with Titanium Dioxide. problem is it has a chalky consistency and I have to really rub it into my skin not to appear pasty white. The "lotion" label's misleading. it's more like a thick cream. I certainly would not buy this again.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/7/2003 7:46:00 PM More reviews by medeia13

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I like this and have bought several bottles throughout the years. It's not too greasy and it's broad spectrum.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/11/2003 8:01:00 PM More reviews by ColorOfMyWorld

This is kinda runny, so the bottle it comes in isn't the best - the bottle is just a normal tube, with the lid at the very bottom. This wouldn't be good for oily skin, because it's oily even on my highly dry skin. I don't really see a difference from the 50 SPF, from the 30. At least not with this.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/11/2003 9:36:00 PM More reviews by carissa1801

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Other

great sun protector. I burn very easily, but this product really protected my delicate skin!