October 23, 2014 | 1989 users online

Treatments (Eye) - Merlot - Grape Seed Eye Cream

rated 1 of 5 on 8/3/2013 1:52:00 PM More reviews by analucia

after reading all of the great reviews, i decided to try this out myself because i decided to start taking more care of my skin before age gets the best of me. sadly, this did not work for me at all. after wearing this for only a few days, my mother (who did not know i had started using this) told me that my eyes were getting wrinkled and that i really needed to invest in an eye cream! i kept using it for a few more days in hopes that the cream would miraculously work, but no. it dried out the skin around my eyes and made them look like wrinkly paper. bummer.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/27/2012 1:08:00 PM More reviews by Sjez

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I don't really believe in eye cream, but I bought this eye cream on a whim and only started using it to use it up. However, It has become a product that I enjoy, and while I don't suffer from fine lines, dryness, or dark circles around the eyes, I think this little tub did a great job keeping the delicate skin around my eyes super moisturized. I also know the people who make this line, and feel some real effort goes into creating scientifically sound products at a great price.

Pros: Pretty cheap, moisturizing (skin felt supple morning following use).

Cons: Product dries out towards end. Tub is really ugly (all packaging of Merlot products leaves something to be desired). Saw no reduction in puffiness, although I don't really suffer from puffiness in the first place. Smells eh but not offensive.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/21/2011 5:36:00 PM More reviews by JenJenofAz

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

For its softness to the eye area, I do like it, but I didn't notice any reduction in the puffiness/bags department. Smells nice and applies nicely. SILKY texture. I mix a bit in my moisturizer and I do like that my face feels soft. For that alone, I guess I'd repurchase. Also, this doesn't sting the eye area. Seems to be very gentle, as I haven't had any problems with it. I just think it works better as a face cream. UPDATE: Seems to no longer work for me, in the eye area, as it now makes my eyes blow up like a puffer fish; kinda like I'd been in a boxing ring getting my eyes punched out by George Foreman. SERIOUSLY, they looked that BAD, I kid you NOT! And everyone who saw them were shocked. "What the hell happened to you?!" NOT good. Also, after it left me looking like Mrs. Puff, it began to peel under my eyes, and they itched terribly! SUCKS it didn't work for me as I loved it! :(

rated 5 of 5 on 10/9/2011 8:17:00 PM More reviews by ADIOS_AHOLES

This is the only eye cream product that has actually worked for the dryness I have a constant battle with! I absolutely love it. While the reviewer below said it 'balls up" it is easily fixable; just lightly pat it into your skin and it will absorb right in! It can be used alone or underneath makeup but I suggest letting it set in before applying anything over it. Within a couple of weeks I could tell the difference it made.

I can't say the same for their other products (which I will review) but what I can say is that when I purchased new face stuff to replace Merlot's facial care I stopped using this eye cream. My eyes went dry once again.

The packaging isn't the greatest but then again I don't ever touch the stuff w/dirty hands so it's not a big deal. The price is cheap considering what it does and I will definitely buy again :)

rated 2 of 5 on 9/11/2011 9:58:00 AM More reviews by contrariwhys

I did not like this eye cream. It balls up when it dries and the texture in runny and sticky. It also does not seem to moisturize either. I like Merlot's day moisturizer pretty well however.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/31/2011 5:46:00 PM More reviews by PeacefulHarm

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this during the weekend for $14.99 at Ulta. I was quite hesitant because I haven't really done much research on it, but I just needed an eyecream really bad, and this seemed to match some of my needs. When I opened it, it practically SPILLED on me! The consistency is SO runny! It takes a little effort to rub it in, but it'll rub in. I have lines under my eyes and little bit of puffiness, and this hasn't really made it's mark yet. I guess that the lines are a LITTLE less noticeable, but This isn't a miracle product. I definitely don't mind the packaging. I prefer eye creams in this form.

Overall, I didn't really like this product. I'll continue using this for a while, but I've got my eyes set on the Burt's Bees one when I'm done!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/22/2011 8:01:00 PM More reviews by anne4hoang

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Just letting you gals know that there is a "Buy 1 get 1 free" sale on this eye cream at Walgreens.com this week.

You can get 4 of these eye creams (1 year supply) for $26 + tax shipped.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/15/2011 12:12:00 AM More reviews by Danelekwoods

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I bought this product because I had been using the Merlot Moisturizer and wanted to try the eye cream. I have been using it for probably close to a year now and I still have the same tub. I'm only 23 years old so I don't have a lot of eye issues such as wrinkles or dark under eye circles. However I do wake up with some puffiness under my eyes. Originally I bought this cream just as a moisturizing product for my eyes because at the time they were super dry around my lower eyelid area. I do notice that this stuff is GREAT for puffiness. I wake up some mornings with puffiness and this stuff sucks the puffiness right now. It may work differently on someone with different skin and of a different age.

Overall, I like this product a lot. I would repurchase, but when it finally does run out I may try the yes to cucumbers eye gel for a while since that has good reviews too and I like to try other things.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/25/2011 8:06:00 PM More reviews by kitten14

I bought this because of the great reviews and all the positive things people said about it, if not for that I would have continued to pass it by even though its right next to the Lumene and other specialty skin care items at Ulta.
I am 25 and look very young. My eye area doesn't get puffy or dark very often but I think it feels dry sometimes. So really no major problems with my eye area but after using this my eyes look even brighter and tighter. I use it day and night and you can't see it under my makeup during the day. It's a light gel and it sinks into my skin.
i have been using this only for about a week so I will update this review after I've been using it longer, I'm sure I will only have great things to say.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/10/2011 7:11:00 PM More reviews by jinajamm

I bought this and hardly used it because it looked so cheap. The packaging is so plain, and the product itself is runny. Then eventually, I ended up giving it to a friend. She raved about it, and I hadn't seen her since I gave it to her and when I saw her next, which was about 3 months later, I was amazed at how good her eyes looked. She has some puffiness, but nothing too dramatic, and the same goes for me, but when I have puffiness, I want something that will take it away now, not something I have to use for 3 wks before I start to see results. After seeing how good my friends eyes looked, I went and repurchased it, and noticed a big difference after just one application. Who cares if it looks cheezy, I guess it's better than being expensive and ineffective!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No