April 17, 2014 | 1913 users online

Eyeliner - Christian Dior - Kohl Pencil

rated 1 of 5 on 12/14/2012 1:14:00 PM More reviews by adinamereuta

I bought this in plum/prune (888) which is a great color, it works nicely with my green eyes. The packaging is super elegant, high quality - like other Dior products, you can twist it on and off. The color stays long enough for me. BUT application is quite painful compared to other pencils/ kohl. The tip is really hard &dry, and in order to actually have color on the eyelids, you have to push and go over several times - painful. I'm not sure if you could smudge it nicely, it seems really dry. I just wish it would be softer... Not buying this again.
Edit: forgot to mention: it also flakes!

rated 1 of 5 on 8/11/2012 4:22:00 PM More reviews by akiraVega

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I can't believe I have forgotten how terrible this eyeliner is! I bought this a long time ago and since then tried multiple eyeliners, I bought this again because I really wanted to have smudge proof and decent kohl eyeliner. I have forgotten what it was like. So when I tried it on my eyes, OMG, the pain, the liner is really stiff and my eyes suffer when applying this eyeliner. When I sharpen it, the pencil crumbles and breaks into small pieces. It is very disappointing.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/26/2012 10:45:00 AM More reviews by alix1979

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Grey

This is one of the worst eyeliners that I have bought. It's hard, really drags/pulls at the skin when trying to apply. I had the noir black and it was a nice deep colour, which is about its best feature. I've sharpened several times, thinking maybe it was the first layer but no - just a bit painful to apply. I marked the packaging down also because the lid keeps coming off the pencil in my make up bag. Wouldn't purchase again and have given up using it even though it's hardly used.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/8/2011 2:09:00 AM More reviews by brendalhp

The colour doesn't stay and smudges after 4 hours. Application is quite painful as the pencil has a sharp/hard/dry point and can feel it tugging at my eyelids when I line them with it. Doesnt help when the price is above average.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/14/2011 4:38:00 AM More reviews by barbiecarnival

I've been using this for about 4 years and i've tried other brands like Chanel and MAC but this is definitely one of the best kohl eyeliners for me. It stays on for the whole day and glides on easily

rated 2 of 5 on 1/10/2011 9:23:00 PM More reviews by Flashpua

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I'm a huge fan of Dior so I'm very disappointed on this one. I purchased the brown one and it sucks, it's not seen anywhere in my waterline and on my lids I have to apply it several times to get some colour..that hurts cause the pencil is so hard. I have a Dior green pencil which is not a kohl one and works better :S

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 12/26/2010 12:36:00 AM More reviews by b3l0vEd

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I don't really know what some reviewers are raving about, because my eyeliner was NOT like how they described theirs to be, which lead to me thinking that I may have had a bad batch or something. I agree with the reviewer directly below mine in that my liner is terrible hard and unpigmented to apply. For the $$$, its quality is really subpar. I had to push really hard, repeatedly, to make any color show up, and when it did, it showed up a gray, instead of black. The staying power sucks too, it smudges and fades within 10 mins of applying. The $2 NYC liner I got had better pigment and staying power than this, and it didn't poke my eyes out either. It went back to sephora straight away. If you want to spend $20 something on a liner and get your money's worth, I suggest lancome. I will never ever repurchase this.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/10/2010 1:45:00 PM More reviews by sexysylvia1211

im very disappointed with this eyeliner, i bought it on a whim after i lost my lancome kohl and this is soooo average, its more like a d/s eyeliner, but im sure d/s are actually better!! Firstly i found the eyeliner really sharp even after trying to soften it on my hand before using it. I had to apply and apply and apply to get any decent colour, and even then its weak. It also doesnt last well at all. Only good things are it doesnt irratate my eyes or smudge. But colour is just too weak, and doesnt stay on...my lancome kohl and mac smoulder are much much better

rated 5 of 5 on 8/19/2010 1:06:00 PM More reviews by DyslexicSpeedreader

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

LOVE this liner! I have it in black and blue. The black is Very black and stays that way untill you take it off! It's very long-wearing, and you only have to swipe it over your eye line once. I love that because it reduces the amount of tugging you do to your eyelids :) Yay. It doesn't budge after you let it sit for a few minutes, but is very easy to smudge beforehand!

If it weren't for the price, I'd still be using it but with the recession I've definitely been trying to save some money. Right now, as a cheaper alternative, I'm using Revlon Colorstay eyeliner in black. It's not the same but it stays all day and has a similar consistancy. Not as easy to smudge.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/17/2010 10:45:00 AM More reviews by chrsmrk

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have been using the black Kohl liner for over 25 years. It is the best eyeliner that I could find that works for me. The only makeup I wear is loose face powder (to control my very shiny, oily face) and this eyeliner. I wear it on the inner rims of my eyes. I have found that melting the tip with a lighter (just a quick pass through the flame) makes the application much easier and stays put longer. It is pricey, but the pencil will last a very long time (over a year, with daily, multiple applications). I would rather have them ditch the free sharpener and reduce the price, as I have about a dozen of the sharpeners.