Jason Natural Cosmetics Fresh Papaya-Pineapple Enzyme Facial Peel & Mask

4.1

Not tested on animals

I really enjoyed this product because I could apply it jump in the shower & shave legs etc then rinse this product off & have smooth facial skin with refined pores. Unfortunately JASON has discontinued this product. IF you'd like to part with yours please page me by clicking on my MUA pager in my profile page. Thanks.

on 7/29/2005 1:06:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I don't know why, but I have this urge to call this product "scrumptious". I can't explain myself. It smells great, very pineapple-y and fruit, it is sticky but it spreads well so you only need a little for your entire face. It's really cheap, the ingredient list seems very natural and healthy -- I think it makes my skin a bit smoother, but I'm not 100% sure. I do get a slight warming sensation.

Still, it's a lot of fun to use! I got this for about $7 CAD at a health food store. Amazing.

on 7/21/2005 11:59:00 AM

I have used this facial peel & mask on & off for a couple years now, and am rather happy w/it. It's a fruity smelling gel that you apply on your face like a mask & the enzymes naturally exfoliate your skin. I find that it does a good job at leaving my skin smooth & soft w/out drying it out. My skin is usually red after I wash off the mask, but that subsides quickly. The tube is also huge for the price & lasts forever. Overall, a good choice for light exfoliation, especially for a natural product.

on 6/17/2005 1:43:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I really wanted to like this product. I have been trying to find natural masks and cleansers, but nothing seems to work. Been using this once a week for about 4 weeks. I wake up with tiny bumps. My skin is sensitive, acne-prone, combo, and aging.

on 3/16/2005 6:34:00 AM

I'm quite impressed by this, I've had it for ages but never used it until yesterday.
The mask has a very thick jammy like texture and odd fruity/mentholy fragrance, it does begin to tingle soon after application and once washed off will leave skin very soft and smooth. This morning however, my face is much brighter and my acne scars have faded somewhat, and my skin was still lovely and soft. I was surprized as normally my skin though very oily, feels very rough and masks only work for a very short time. Having said all this I think part of the reason it worked so well was that I cleansed so thoroughly beforehand. I applied Jojoba oil and massaged in then I washed it off with my Ahava mineral soap and a warm wash cloth. This double cleanse pre-exfoliation helped the enzymes to work more efficiently on my skin.

on 11/23/2004 4:13:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I like this mask. For me, it doesn't tingle or heat up so I wasn't convinced it was doing anything. I was wrong. One day I applied it as usual even though I had a healing scrape on my cheek. When I looked in the mirror, the scrape was bleeding! Yes, this is bad, but I was impressed that the mask was actually working. It's a great product, but if you have any cuts or scrapes you should wait until your skin has healed. Will repurchase.

on 11/23/2004 8:54:00 AM

As many other reviewers have mentioned, this mask has a great pineapple scent. It doesn't sting. It doesn't do anything majorly dramatic, but does leave my skin smoother. Hopefully with continued use I'll keep seeing results. I use this once a week, I would repurchase.

on 11/4/2004 9:51:00 AM

WOW! I loooove this stuff! I bought it after I read the reviews here on MUA and I have to admit I am so impressed. The mask is translucent and smells yummy- very pineappley. After rinsing I noticed much better skin- my pores were smaller and my skin much more even toned. I have no idea which ingredient does this but it sure works! Anybody who is reading this MUST try this! My skin is combo, tends to breakout and following the monthly bout of acne I have light scars. I swear they just diminished after one use of this. My HG! I will have to buy a few of these before I return back to england!

on 10/4/2004 1:56:00 PM

Love this stuff. It smells good, has a nice consistency and works great. Burns just a litte (really makes your face a bit hot is all) and will leave your face a little red until the next day. I use it at night once a week or so and the next day my skin always looks great. One of my must have items that I found from coming here and reading all the great reviews. Thanks!!!!

on 7/1/2004 4:12:00 PM

I have combination skin, prone to minor acne, and also can get excema flare ups.
The first thing that hit me about this product was the smell; it smells good enough to eat, like a tropical fruit salad. You need to put it on damp skin, and leave it for about 15 minutes. It will not dry, it stays sticky on the skin, but will not slide off. I don't recommend using it in the bath, because the steam will make it slide. It doesn't give me miraculous results. My pore size stays the same. It does leave my skin nice and smooth, and has never irritated my skin - and I am slightly allergic to fresh pineapple. I enjoy using it because the nice smell and the feel of it on my skin make me feel relaxed. It comes in a 4oz/113g tube, which should last a pretty long time as you don't need a lot of product.
Ingredients: Organic Honey, Papain, Bromelian (fruit) Algae Extract, Extracts of: Burdock, Aloe Vera, Chamomile, Marigold, Comfrey, Pineapple, Blackberry, Sweet Clover, Red Vine, Glycerin (vege), Corn Starch, Allantoin, Oil of Lemon and Thyme, Hydroxyethyl-cellulose, Methylparaben, Sorbic Acid.

Jason products are available in the UK in some health food shops. I bought mine in Victoria Health & Beauty.

Popular Face Skincare Products