December 20, 2014 | 1609 users online

Makeup Brushes - Sonia Kashuk - Medium Eye Shadow Brush

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/13/2010 5:04:00 PM More reviews by gorbe

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Pretty lame. With the exception of the pink little foundation blending sponges from SK, I am finding their products to be rather disappointing- especially since they are kinda expensive (for Target makeup standards). This brush didn't do a particularly good job of picking up/applying product. And it felt slightly unpleasant- not like painful or anything but didn't feel NICE. I want the eyeshadow application experience to be improved with the use of a brush, this is the only reason I use them- If it sucks it's just easier/more effective to use my fingers.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/1/2010 11:08:00 AM More reviews by Julia941

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I have the black handled medium fluffy eye shadow brush. I think this is a natural hair brush and mine has a pretty striped appearance in the bristles. It is very soft and I use it for applying a light dusting of shadow on my brow bone and the inner corners of my eyes. I find it a little soft for really effective blending (which is the recommended use on the package).

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/18/2010 2:57:00 PM More reviews by mariella99

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I think I have the medium eye shadow brush (I tossed the packaging long ago and there is no writing on the brush to indicate what it is) but I use this brush often in place of my MAC 239. It is a very good eye shadow brush and at an affordable price. I wish Sonia Kashuk brushes were available in Canada because every time we're in the States, it never fails but that they are out of the 2 or 3 brushes I REALLY want to get. This brush does a great job of picking up colour and applying it where you want it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/30/2010 7:37:00 PM More reviews by Breve

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This is a review for the Sonia Kashuk "fancy" line of brushes- Number 18, Medium Fluffy Eye Shadow Brush with the long curvy handle. This is an awesome brush! My little flat eyeshadow brushes that I've used in the past just don't blend a lid color very well. This is exactly what I needed and is definitely the cheapest good quality brush you can find. It is fluffy, very soft, doesn't scratch my sensitive thin skin at all, and blends perfectly over my lid. I don't really use it anywhere else so can't attest to other areas. Though it's kind've big, I don't find that it gets unwanted color on my crease for example, which is great! It just stays on my lid. Definitely get this if you are having problems getting even coverage for your lid eyeshadow. One swipe and I'm done- so much easier!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/21/2010 1:42:00 PM More reviews by blessed11

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I don't know why this brush isn't getting better reviews.
I just bought it a few weeks ago and it's soon becoming one of my favorite eye brushes. Very soft, good price, great for the lid and highlighting, etc. I love it! :)

rated 5 of 5 on 8/11/2009 3:19:00 AM More reviews by lienny

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this brush. I have small/asian eyes and this brush does a good job in depositting color on the lid, blending a darker color on the crease AND putting highlight color under the browbone. You can just put one brush in your makeup bag everytime you go out and you're all set. I don't know why people say that this brush is too hard/rough to blend because I use it to blend all the time and I don't feel any irritation. I love it so much that I bought another one, one for light color on the lid and one for putting/blending dark color on the crease. I really recommend this brush in this size (medium) for asian eyes and if you have big eyes (european eyes?) get this one in size large.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/6/2009 12:29:00 PM More reviews by lola88

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I use this brush for patting on color onto the lid. It does a good job. The bristles are soft. The price is fab!

I buy the brushes with white handle. The bristles are the same as the longer black handle brushes. The longer black handle brushes are more expensive--I don't need or want a longer handle. The white handles are just as good, are easier to pack in a makeup case, and are less expensive. Marlena at Makeup Geek gave the same advice.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 5/18/2009 2:59:00 AM More reviews by MISHA5150

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I bought this brush a couple of months ago and it's pretty decent for applying eyeshadow. I use it to pat eyeshadow onto my lid and then to line the bottom with the tip of the brush. It does not blend well at all so you will need to buy a different brush for that. At first it was fine until a couple of washes later with baby shampoo and now it is a little scratchy and there's stray hairs sticking out a little at the bottom. Although it was cheap, I will not be repurchasing this and will instead invest in MAC's 239.

**update**
I just purchased Ecotools 5 brush set and the eyeshadow brush blows this measly eyeshadow brush AWAY!! No more scratchy lids and barely there eyeshadow for me!! Sorry Sonia but Ecotools wins this round!!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/16/2009 10:07:00 AM More reviews by wiccawonder

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

In these tough economic times I thank God for Sonia Kashuk and her quality products. I brought this brush because I needed a quality brush that would pick up shadow. I was not going to pay for a MAC brush especially since you need more than one of this type of brush. So I picked up the Sonia k. I'm glad it picks up shadow applies well and is soft. It dries quickly and I'm happy with it. I paid 4.99 for this great brush.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/1/2009 6:34:00 AM More reviews by fahzybear

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This does a good job of picking up and applying shadows but I feel that the hairs are too rough for me. In fact if I try to blend my eyeshadow with this brush my eyes begins to swell up and turn red from the irritation. I guess I am still on the search for a good cheap eyeshadow brush.