December 18, 2014 | 844 users online

Hair Treatments - Phyto - Phyto 7

rated 4 of 5 on 2/2/2014 1:10:00 AM More reviews by gagajm

Purchased this in a french pharmacy so I was able to buy it at a bargain compared to the us price. Having heard so much about phyto 7 I figured why not. At the time my hair was 2/3rds healthy the rest a damaged mess. I've tried everything, literally everything I could get my hands on to tame the mess, short of shaving my head however; I did cut my butt length hair to my shoulders =( to start fresh.
Nothing made the dead bits 'look' healthy, there was no shine or life from my ears down until I tried phyto 7.
I tried it on dry hair first, its fine if I dont use to much or apply it to my roots because then I look as if im on day 2 hair. But when I applied it to my wet hair I hit the hair jackpot. Air drying after applying it to just the ends resulted in something I had been trying to achieve for over a year... a good hair day.
I would repurchase this again only if I was abroad for the price.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/11/2014 7:09:00 PM More reviews by lollsazz

I don't like this. It doesn't do anything nasty with my hair, but it doesn't help it in any way either. My hair isn't really much damaged - a regular conditioner leaves it nice and shiny. I bought this for winter, when my hair has a small tendency to get a little static because of some of the clothes I wear and because in the big difference in temperatures inside and outside. The product didn't weigh down my hair, but really didn't do much to take away static electricity - I have a lot of hair oils that preform better. This doesn't have much smell at all - for some reason I imagine it smells a little like wheat. Anyway: I bough this, forced myself to use up half and trashed it because it was lying around for over two years without being used. This might make a difference to those who don't like to use conditioner in the shower, but otherwise I can't give any suggestions about what kind of hair this is good for. It doesn't do much for mine, which is straight, medium thickness, already shiny, no split ends - rarely needs to be trimmed (maybe only once per year, if even that), colour treated many times, but looks and feels healthy. Sometimes minor problems with flyaways and static electricity in the winter, which is annoying, since my hair is waist long.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/12/2013 6:23:00 AM More reviews by sweetpeas2

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I just figured out the best way to use this product - for me, it works wonders on my thick, coarse and dry hair. I apply this to the mid lengths with a wee bit extra on ends. It leaves my hair wonderfully soft, shiny and bouncy without any greasiness or loss of volume! On dry hair, this product clumps up and leaves annoying white residue on my hair. I am so glad I found the a way to use this product after almost giving up on it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/17/2013 12:11:00 AM More reviews by maquin22

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Ive been using this for a month and I am a fan. As of this summer my roots get very oily. I also have thin hair that loses volume and lies flat if i use the wrong product or dont wash every other day.

I only condition below the length (below ears) and then follow phyto on damp hair starting from the ends and and wiping the remainding residue on the scalp. Wow.. My hair is conditioned and i still have volume!!

Not a fan or the herbal scent, but dissipates in minutes so no complaints. Tip- cheaper to get this from europe if you are able.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/30/2013 7:30:00 PM More reviews by tollbooth28

I purchased this at a French pharmacy a little over a month ago with relative confidence given the high ratings it received on MUA. It was only 7 or 8 euros at the amazingly cheap pharmacie on the Rue de Four in Paris, so quite a bargain. At first I was not at all enamored with this product... BUT because my hair is so dry and I ran out of my beloved argan oil, I continued to use it.

The turning point came about two weeks ago when, instead of applying it to still quite damp/practically wet hair, I added a little more than a pea sized amount to my nearly dry ends (the roots were still wet - my hair is pretty damaged from picking, coloring...). Applying the product later made a tremendous difference - softer, more manageable locks instantly.

It is not a miracle product (and given the price in the US, I will probably try something different next time) but it does make a difference. It seems it works best in two pea sized doses (I have shoulder length hair) concentrated on the ends in conjunction with some oil (I am using Caudalie at the moment - Nuxe is next to try!).

To confirm what a few other reviewers mentioned, I am impressed at the relative weightlessness of my hair post-Phyto and even post-Phyto + oil, especially given that I have very, very fine, color-treated blonde hair.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/23/2013 2:07:00 PM More reviews by countregis

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I don't use this product everyday because I don't wash my hair everyday. When I do wash my hair, I apply it on damp ends. I have thin and fine hair and it doesn't weight them down, which is a major plus. My ends get very dry because my hair is long, despite my using oils to combat the dryness. I don't use silicones in my hair so I feel that this product does protect in place of one with silicones. I don't buy it in the US, because the cost here is outrageous, $28 for a small tube?! I order it from an European pharmacy, for two tubes with shipping already included, I pay around $34. It's not cheaper because it's fake. It's 100% genuine but it is less expensive because the product is French so when it is imported to the US, the duties and import taxes, plus profit for the seller makes it much more expensive.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/21/2013 10:08:00 AM More reviews by pk2013

I really like this because it makes my hair soft after I swim and exposed to chlorine. I have medium-length wavy/curly hair and I get great definition if I use a sea salt spray on top of this. The smell and texture are light. A little product goes a long way (I had a sample that I stretched out to a week). Unfortunately, the price isn't worth it for me at this point.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/23/2013 11:30:00 AM More reviews by TRP

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

It really calms the frizz like no other, hair is left soft and straight but without being heavy, sticky or greasy, great product!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/11/2013 3:03:00 PM More reviews by stls

I'm so glad I found this product! I was offered a sample, used it and afterwards I purchased my own tube.
I like the thin lotion-y texture, the slightly herbal smell and the natural ingredients.
But most of all I love how soft, shiny and strong feeling leaves my hair. It also prevents freeze and tames flyways better and longer than anything else I have tried.
I just use a pea size amount after styling concentraiting at the ends and won't weighten my hair down. Haven't noticed tremendous difference when it comes to split ends but overall I believe it's worth it!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/6/2013 8:38:00 PM More reviews by Elaine91

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have very oily roots in my hair, however, my ends are extremely dry! This is most likely due to my hair being balayaged. It is so dry that when my hairdressers were cutting my hair, the scissors wouldn't even slide smoothly in some parts. I've tried dry oils (Nuxe huile prodigieuse & Caudalie divine oil), Aveda Damage Remedy Restructuring Treatment and Aesop violet leaf hair balm. Despite these products working on my hair, Phyto 7 ALWAYS leaves my hair looking so soft and healthy yet not weighed down (due to my oily roots)! I can use it when my hair is wet and dry and it still gives me beautiful very HEALTHY looking hair every time. I also love how it absorbs so easily and there is no oily residue. The only MINOR downfall is the new gold metal packaging, it can be annoying because its easily dented so when I open the lid product can go everywhere. But this can easily be forgiven due to how great this product works.