Maybelline Dream Wonder Fluid Touch

3.8

(Active Ingredient : Octinoxate 3%) -------------------- Dimethicone, Cyclohexasiloxane, Isododecane, Alcohol Denat, Vinyl Dimethicone/Methicone Silsesquioxane Crosspolymer, Phenyl Trimethicone, Acrylates/Polytrimethylsiloxymethacrylate Copolymer, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Water, Disodium Stearoyl Glutamate, Propylene Carbonate, Aluminium Hydroxide +/- (CI 77891/Titanium Dioxide, CI 77491/CI 77492/CI 77499/Iron Oxides)

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

This is a fantastic foundation, just not for people with oily skin.

It really does apply like a dream. It goes on very smoothly and looks like nothing on the skin. Medium coverage, and the lightest shade is perfect for my extremely pale pink-toned skin.

However, the spf in this foundation causes it to be very oily. It's fine for the first few hours, but after 3-4 hours (for me) it starts to feel really slimy and heavy on my face and it gets really oily. Such a shame... =( If they could make a version of this without the spf, it would probably be amazing.

As far as the packaging, I actually like the applicator. My only issue is that the bottle is so thin I often knock it over. Oh and there's less product in the bottle than most other foundations (20ml vs 30ml), yet it's still as expensive (if not more) as other foundations.

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

I think this takes the cake for the worst foundation I've ever used.

1.) the initial consistency is just weird. It's hard to describe- I really like super fluid foundations (My current regular us MAC Studio Waterweight) but this one leaves my face feeling... slimy? I really can't find the word to describe it, it just feels gross. I applied with a beauty blender, a stippling brush, and my fingers, and nothing seemed right.
2.) This doesn't set properly on my face, I tried over a few primers (smashbox, neutrogena healthy skin, nivea post shave balm and a couple more with varying formulas) and NONE of them seemed to make this foundation sit right. I tried over a light, oil free moisturizer, and then a heavier moisturizer, still felt gross. I applied on my freshly washed face, totally free of ANY other skincare products, and it still just sat on top of my skin and didn't fully set. It felt like i had a greasy film over my face and made me want to wash it off immediately.
3.) This mixed horribly with all of the setting powders I used as well, and I tried a lot- MAC Studio Careblend- Fail. Maybelline Fit Me- Fail. Laura Mercier- Fail. ELF HD Powder- Fail. Any powder I used would cake up and look gross, whether it be high end or drugstore.
4.) This broke me out SO BAD. The one day I decided to actually try to wear this out, i wore it on it's own, sans primer or powder. That was obviously a mistake. This had completely faded and left a grimy residue on my face within the first hour, and I went from 0 pimples in the morning to 7 yes SEVEN pimples on my face when I washed it that evening.
5.) the packaging and applicator is just bad. They should probably either have this in a pump bottle, or with a dropper.

As you could probably gather, I did a whole lot of trial and error with this foundation, and as you could probably also gather it was 100% error. I wanted to find a new foundation from the drugstore so I didn't have to take any of my high end foundations with me when I travel, and nothing I did made it work. I'm definitely not a novice when it comes to makeup application, and I'm pretty good at achieving my desired results with most products I use, but nothing made this work. I really hope that Maybelline discontinues this and replaces it with a better product. As I said in the beginning, I love super fluid foundations, but this one was a total fail.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

This is a horrible foundation! I wore it once and let it dry for at least five minutes before applying my finishing powder; when I did put my powder on, all of the foundation came right off on the puff! The next time I tried to wear it, maybe three weeks later, the product BURNED my skin and I couldn't wear any makeup the rest of the day... Don't waste your money on this super liquid-y, disgusting foundation.

please for the love of god where can I buy this by the gallon?!?!?

I ABSOLUTELY love this foundation. Over the years I have become a huge fan of Maybelline products in general. They sure as fuck have stepped up their game.

I always look for new products, brands and techniques to try out. I had seen this little bastard for a while but never gave it a shot. Ladies...it is well worth it.
The pros:
- buildable coverage that goes on in a very smooth manor
- a true matte finish that looks flawless
- variety of shades available. This helps because not everyone out there is "sand beige" you fucktard chemists at Maybelline.
- stays on all day and doesn't need a lot of touching up.
- you look natural as a mother fucker. Whatever that means.

Cons:
- dude...nazis designed glass foundation bottles. I'm 99% sure.
- price isn't bad. Just not as good as I would like it to be (like free would be neat) because of how little you get.
- it's a bitch to get what's in the bottom out.

All in all this is a great product and I suggest you try it. It is one of the only foundations in the past 10+ years i have bought more than once.

I dig it, I love it, it will change your life (maybe)

I quite liked this. It set to a really nice matte finish. It gave really nice natural, medium coverage. I actually quite liked the packaging but omg this broke me out so bad which is bad. The shade oxidised a bit which I didn't like. It had very little oil control coverage faded as the day went on. The application was a dream though ! It glided on effortlessly and blended in so well it's just a shame that it didn't work for me.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I love this foundation! I'm a guy so use it on days when I have more time to get ready or want to look natural yet quite flawless. I got this at superdrug along with the baby skin primer for only £10! I have very dry skin on my cheeks, around my nose and above my eyes. I make sure to always exfoliate the night before, I apply a good moisturiser before I apply, I then add a good amount of the primer (which helps it glide on so well) then apply the foundation with my fingers in sections as it is quick drying!

The finish is a nice natural, satin-y matte which looks very healthy! I normally then add another layer in areas and some loreal concealer on spots, down my nose then under my eyes. I then set my under-eye with the banana makeup revolution powder and finish with a dust of Mac MSF natural and sometimes pop on some highlight.

Easily lasts me from 8 in the morning, too 11 at night and still looks good! bearing in mind I go to college, then work for a few hours then work out and leave it on for an hour or so at home.

The only annoyance is the packaging, well not so much the packaging, namely the glass dropper. Its lethal and just a pain, but I can get past that!

This is a really nice, general foundation. It does everything you would want a foundation to do. It covers, lasts all day, looks healthy and natural, is buildable, yet it's nothing special and i have tried better drugstore alternatives.
It's really thin and lightweight in formula which gives a really airbrushed finish. I personally apply this with my fingers because i find it sinks into the bristles of a brush if i use one.
If you have dry patches it does cling to them, however for me personally, hydrating primers fix that. It does apply and wear nicer if a primer is used, however it still isn't bad without one.

For the price, I would recommend you try it out.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

One of my FAVORITE foundations (I wear Sandy Beige, but could go a shade darker)! It has a soft matte finish, and medium buildable coverage. It controls oils really well (about 8 hours), and I have little transfer with this foundation. It feels like absolutely NOTHING on your face when applying, and wearing it! FANTASTIC everyday foundation for combination (I would moisturize first)/ oily skin!

Bought this on a whim today while hauling some makeup at Target... I haven't bought DS foundation in so long and I'm trying to be more budget friendly.

My Target only had three or four of these (am I the only one whose target is the worst at stocking makeup?) and there was no way to tell if my bottle had been opened. There was dry foundation everywhere but thankfully my bottle seemed to not be tampered with... from what little I can tell, anyways.

First of all let me get my cons out of the way... This packaging sucks. The bottle is tiny. The dropper thing doesn't actually drop any product out... am I supposed to rub it on my face? This foundation could very easily be made with a pump packaging and it would be HG for me.

I am NC15 and the lightest shade which I believe is porcelain worked perfectly for me. It is a runnier foundation and I tried several ways of applying it before settling on dotting it around my face with the weird dropper thing and then blending it with my beauty blender. Let me just say, holy moly. I love the finish of this stuff. I am usually a full coverage kinda gal and this is nowhere near full coverage, but it looked so pretty I didn't care. I literally could not tell I was wearing anything, but my face looked pretty much flawless. I dabbed a little concealer on my zits and I was pretty darn impressed. Especially under my bathroom lights which make me look SO cakey regardless of what I have on... seriously, the stuff was undetectable. It wore pretty well too as far as lasting power went, and didn't slide around or transfer to my phone. The finish isn't luminous, but isn't matte either. It's a very nice satin-y finish.

I would love to repurchase this if I ran out, but I'm more tempted to find a dupe in better packaging.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I am very fussy when it comes to foundations. When my beloved Rimmel match perfection foundation was reformulated (hate the new formula) I was on the hunt for a new foundation. I saw this foundation and bought it on a whim. Turns out its my new HG foundation. I have problems with foundations clinging to dry areas of my skin no matter how well prepped/moisturised. This foundation doesn't cling to dry patches and goes on effortlessly. One of the best foundations I have ever used. Praying they don't decide to discontinue or reformulate. I have already bought 3 back ups. Love!

Video Reviews & Tutorials