Maybelline Dream Wonder Fluid Touch

3.9

(Active Ingredient : Octinoxate 3%) -------------------- Dimethicone, Cyclohexasiloxane, Isododecane, Alcohol Denat, Vinyl Dimethicone/Methicone Silsesquioxane Crosspolymer, Phenyl Trimethicone, Acrylates/Polytrimethylsiloxymethacrylate Copolymer, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Water, Disodium Stearoyl Glutamate, Propylene Carbonate, Aluminium Hydroxide +/- (CI 77891/Titanium Dioxide, CI 77491/CI 77492/CI 77499/Iron Oxides)

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Wow! This foundation amazes me. It glides on really smoothly on my face and it's so lightweight. I love how it absorbs instantly and gives of overall matte finish.Price are absolutely reasonable for a good product as this. Love love this product!

I tried a sample size of this and it so happened to be my perfect shade!

I thought I'd hate this, I've never liked the idea of a water-like foundation and knew that this was really really liquidy.

I applied this using my fingers, which I'd never usually do but I was really really happy with the finish it gave me! This foundation is super blendable and extremely light weight but by no means a sheer cover - actually a pretty high coverage for this type of foundation!

The minute sample size was more than enough to cover my whole face and more! Lovely velvety finish, not entirely matte but you don't absolutely need a powder, I would be quite comfortable wearing this alone with no powder!

I wouldn't recommend this for dry skin, I have a few manageable dry spots on my forehead and if I hadn't have moisturised before hand this would have 100% stuck to those. So if you have bad dry skin, try before purchasing!

Other than that I'll be going to purchase the full size yay!

on 4/13/2015 1:05:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool

Why did I wait so long to try this?! This is one of the best drugstore foundations I have come across! I found my perfect shade match in 50 Creamy Natural. First, I love the wand applicator. I just use it to dot the foundation on my face and then blend and buff in with my flat top foundation brush. Second, the formula is truly a dream. It is silky smooth and blends so well. It feels so light, like your wearing nothing at all, but yet it covers like a high end full coverage foundation. I mean it really covers scars, discoloration spots, and redness so well! Third, it has really decent lasting power. It is a thinner liquid foundation, but isn't sheer at all. It is hydrating on my combo skin-dry cheeks with oily t-zone. It isn't irritating at all nor does it cause excess oiliness. This has a semi matte/lightly dewy finish on my skin, which I absolutely love. I also find that it is hard to over apply this foundation. With some, it can start to look cakey, but you don't have to worry about that with this one. I don't have one bad thing to say about this! In love with it. Would definitely recommend and am going to repurchase! I do like several other things in their line, such as eye shadow palettes, Master concealer, Master Hi-light, eyeliners, e/s singles, tattoo e/s line. I will definitely be checking out more of their products in the future!

on 4/12/2015 11:05:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Half of me really likes this foundation - it's very lightweight, blends like a dream (I use my fingers!), and perhaps most important is that it looks VERY natural on your skin. I even touched my face and it felt like...nothing was on my skin. I only tried it once or twice so I can't comment on any breakouts but I certainly didn't have any immediate reactions.

The biggest problem for me is that it doesn't seem to have much lasting power on my oily/acne-prone skin. When I first apply it, it does look quite perfect and a thin layer is enough to blur any redness and create a nice even base. Unfortunately it just isn't a match for my oily skin. It starts to fade around my nose and it separates a bit due to the natural oils of my skin. The moral of the story is, it's not long-wearing (in fairness, it isn't advertised as that either).

It can cling to dry patches if you have them but a good primer/moisturizer prior to application should take care of that. Give it a try if you have normal or slightly combination skin! If it lasted longer for me, I would probably use it daily.

I might give it another shot if I ever stumble upon a good mattifying primer!

on 4/12/2015 7:12:00 PM

My no. 2 favorite foundation and my no.1 will be Hourglass Immaculate liquid powder foundation. I like the velvet feel foundation with satin finished. I need powder over this foundation. I have some flaws but not bad so the coverage is light to medium is good for some flaws. It also last on me for 8 hours shift at work. I paid for $8.99 before tax at Target. By the way this out perform Nars All day luminouse foundation.

on 4/3/2015 5:48:00 AM

ABSOLUTE FAVOURITE FOUNDATION EVER!! I bought this on a whim mainly because I was looking for a light foundation with good coverage and a natural matte finish, and this foundation is all those things!! The packaging is beautiful and I think the glass bottle is lovely! I don't use the drippy thing the way your meant to because come on, who has time to wait for the drops to drip down the wand thingy, so I just use the wand to smear a little bit of foundation on the main points of my face and then I rub it in with my fingers. I know people will think "EW YOU ARE CONTAMINATING THE PRODUCT BY PUTTING THE WAND ON YOUR FACE AND THEN PUTTING IT BACK IN THE BOTTLE" but honestly there is so much alcohol in this foundation it kills all the bacteria anyways :') this foundation has the perfect semi matte finish so I don't need to powder it, it feels like I am not wearing any foundation it's so light and the coverage is amazing! This is the perfect "perfect skin" foundation, and it doesn't break me out either! ultimate hg foundation i hope they never discontinue it!!

Made my skin look impossibly dry...might be a decent foundation for those with oily skin but not for me. Makes my crows feet look much worse too. For me its a no go.

on 3/18/2015 2:35:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I actually really like this foundation, it blends wonderfully on skin, it has a light coverage, it can be build up to a medium coverage. Not too oily friendly so I recommend setting it with a setting powder. But has a beautiful finish and is super light. Some people say its yellow undertone, but I see it more of a pinkish undertone. I recommend it :)

on 3/17/2015 2:18:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

So far I'm really loving this foundation! It's literally been years since I have taken the plunge and tried a foundation other than my usual (Revlon New Complexion one step compact makeup) and I am happy I did for this one. I found the coverage to be medium (not sheer or light). The foundation feels like a super-light liquid on your finger tips and blends in easily and seamlessly with the skin. It dries down instantly to a matte finish. I like that- it removes the shine and whiteness left behind by my sunscreen. The applicator doesn't bother me- in fact, I like it. You need the wand in order to dispense two drops... otherwise you'd always be over-pouring it into your hand. Overall, it a very nice medium coverage, matte finish foundation that looks natural on the skin. And feels nice too (not heavy or greasy). I used the lightest shade on my very fair skin and it looks a-okay.

on 3/15/2015 2:55:00 PM

I've been into natural foundations lately because I want my skin to show through the foundation, but I also want my imperfections to be blurred/covered. This foundation does just that. It blends into nothing; it just blends right into your skin and I love that. It is enough coverage for me but it also looks natural. Some people say that this is too sheer but I disagree. I would say that it is like medium if you apply it with a brush. The website recommends using it with your fingers but I find that my fingers just rubs the product off so I use either a flat top kabuki or the Real Techniques Expert Face Brush, and that gives me the perfect application for medium coverage. If I could change one thing about the foundation, it would be the alcohol content. It burns if you have pimples and it is drying. I also took out a lippie for the packaging because I find the wand pointless. It doesn't dispense product and I'm not going to wait for a drop to fall so I just directly put the wand on the back of my hand.

Since it dries to a powdery finish, you need to prep your face before this, especially if you have dry skin because it will cling to dry patches. Make sure your skin is exfoliated (use something like exfoliating cotton rounds) and hydrated. Oils are great for keeping your skin hydrated and prepped for foundation, like argan oil.