September 21, 2014 | 1807 users online

Liquid - Maybelline - Dream Wonder Fluid Touch

rated 1 of 5 on 9/19/2014 3:20:00 PM More reviews by theginger11

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I hated this foundation for a few reasons. First off the smell. Holy alcohol. What is going on in this bottle to make it smell that bad? Secondly it caked, it creased, it melted over any primer I tried. I'm very oily in my t zone so perhaps that's the reason. Last but not least the weird applicator? I used the dropper on the back of my hand but was really confused on the concept. Obviously you wouldn't put that on your face right?

Just didn't work for my oily acne prone skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/16/2014 6:17:00 PM More reviews by meredithann0714

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this on a whim because I had a dollar off coupon and was looking for something that was lighter on my 47 year old skin, as most of my full coverage foundations were starting to look a little heavy and caking in my fine lines. Let me start by saying I have tried many, many drugstore foundations, always looking for "fuller" coverage for my skin, which can get a little red and has a small amount of melasma spots. I've used Revlon Colorstay (liquid and mousse), Cover Girl 3-in-1 foundation (has built-in primer), Rimmel Stay Matte, Cover Girl AquaSmooth, Rimmel Lasting Finish. So I have a pretty good overview of the "better" drugstore foundations out there. I wasn't expecting much from this Maybelline foundation, as it advertised itself as "12 times thinner" than regular foundation, so I thought it would have very little coverage. I was wrong, wrong, wrong. Coverage is comparable to any of the above foundations, and unlike many of the above, is actually buildable. Plus, it goes on like gossamer silk - I use my Real Techniques stippling brush, and it glides right on. Shade selection can be tricky - I usually use Sand Beige in Revlon Colorstay for reference, and needed Classic Ivory in this. This stuff was definitely a surprise and the best Maybelline foundation created. It actually takes me less time to get my foundation on because this stuff blends and applies like a dream. No caking in my lines, and lasting power is good - I set it with powder and use a primer underneath. If you're worried there won't be enough coverage with this, all I can tell you is that I was surprised at the amount of coverage for such a thin foundation. Definitely worth a shot.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 9/14/2014 3:39:00 PM More reviews by shaboobent

I love this product! Even more than Bare Minerals version. Blends nicely, with or without brush. I don't like the little dropper, a pump would be better. It does not break me out, doesn't oxidize, stays matte. Love, love, love it!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/11/2014 2:52:00 AM More reviews by scopingforyou

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

PROS: Something that matches my PPP daughters NW 10-15 skin?? Yes! So rare for her. Stays on her acne-pronce, oily skin so long. (She also dusts a bit of ELF's HD powder over it.) Beautiful matte finish.

CONS: Does show dry patches, so she has to be sure she uses her Paula's CLEAR 2% BHA (regular strength) and also make sure she's using her olay brush with each face wash. Wouldn't be great on my quite dry skin.

APPLICATION TIPS: She shakes it on to the back of her hand from the dropper and QUICKLY (it dries fast) picks it up with her Sonia Kashuk 130 to apply and then blend with that brush. Like I said, she covers it with a light dusting of ELF's HD powder wherever she will typically get oily breakthrough. (see cons about exfoliating)

ALTERNATES: She used to use the lightest and coolest bare minerals matte powder. Sorry don't know name. This breaks her out less and stays a LOT more matte on her.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/9/2014 7:04:00 PM More reviews by Tovah

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I've been hearing about "serum" foundations and, because I love "light" foundation, I thought I'd give this a try. I was in Target and I didn't see any other foundations that claim to be "serums". I looked for a Physician's Formula one I'd read about, but it wasn't there, and even if it was, the chances of finding something other than "Light" on the shelf are pretty slim. As far as the Dream Wonder goes, #85, Sun Beige is a good match for my NC35 skin. This foundation sets to a matte, silky finish that feels good, but it definitely looks like "makeup". It smells strongly of alcohol upon application, and its high alcohol content helps this to set nearly immediately.(Perhaps this is inspired by Armani Maestro?) This foundation's texture doesn't seem any different from a gazillion other liquid foundations I've tried. It's definitely not nearly as "thin" as my favorite, Make Up For Ever Face & Body Makeup. When Dream Wonder is on my skin it reminds me of old, old-school favorites such as Clinique Stay True, or Lancome Maquimat.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/8/2014 10:53:00 AM More reviews by goddessofthegalaxy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

First impression: the bottle is made of glass, it's looks very grown up compared to other Maybelline products that appeal more to teens (in my opinion). It wasn't too small or too bulky and is perfect for travel. The bottle has a screw on/off type of closure and the dropper wand is attached to the cap. The Hype: this product is supposed to be a dupe or in comparison to Bare Escentuals new liquid foundation that's supposed to be applied with a specific fancy brush. This foundation does not include a brush. But it does have the same liquid type that bare escentuals which is light, not too thick, and very easily distributed. A little product goes a long way. The product: the smell resembles a light scent that can be compared to rubbing alcohol. I'm not sure if it was just the one I picked up but it did smell strange. It was bearable so I won't complain too much. I'm not sure why so many say that the dropper is useless, I've found that when you shake it up well that it does exactly as it says it will. I find the dropper very useful. I purchased the shade "nude" and it appeared that the undertones in this particular foundation are more towards the "warm" toned skin types with orange undertones. It wasn't too bad, with a good amount of blending I made it work. It really feels like I have absolutely NOTHING on. The night before I washed my faced and exfoliated to remove any dry patches on my skin. The morning of, I prepped my skin with a good moisturizer, allowed it to be absorbed by my skin, and then applied the Maybelline baby skin pore eraser to give me a good canvas for the product. It worked out for the best! I dropped a total of 5 drops onto my face: on my forehead, nose, jaw, and one on each cheek. I used a regular powder brush to buff it all over my face. The coverage was amazing! Not only did it cover my acne scars, it covered a few cuts I had on my face from picking. (Bad habit) It feels so light and it didn't sink into my pores or my tiny under eye creases. It really looks like I have nothing on. It looks like nice clean, clear skin! I'll have to do an update on this product because I haven't worn it for an entire day but I'm assuming that it should do well because it's not sitting on top if my skin where it can be moved around easily. It looks like it became one with my skin, it looks so beautiful and natural it really does! I'm very excited about this product. I am so glad that drugstore brands jump on the bandwagon as keep up with the trends of the high end brands. It gives everyone a chance to experience the thrill. :-) $8 compared to $30. I would recommend this product to all! Most definitely

rated 2 of 5 on 9/7/2014 9:44:00 PM More reviews by sarafyna

I read and watched reviews on this before picking it up. I had read that it was not favorable to dry skin, but decided to give it a shot as my skin was actually not flaking this week. Oh boy was that a bad idea! I was interested in this as it gives light cover and sinks into the skin. It is supposed to feel like you aren't wearing any foundation but evens you out at the same time. A product that does this would be my dream weekend product. This does sink in and feels like you have nothing on, HOWEVER it also clung to every little dry patch it could find on my face. I found dry patches using this that I didn't even know existed before I put this stuff on. Plus the way you have to blend it in to the skin basically caused my forehead to flake like crazy. Even after using a primer. I basically applied it and took it off almost right away. The dropper in the lid was gimmicky, I thought. It certainly took forever to get it to drop the product as the packaging suggests. My advice is if you have dry skin, skip this one, even if your skin is behaving normally for once.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/7/2014 9:35:00 PM More reviews by Relentless

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

I'm familiar with these news foundations (Armani, Bare Escentuals) and wanted to see if this one was good since the others are sooo expensive. At first, I was disapointed because the coverage is not full enough for my needs. So I thought it would go in my "reject" box. Then I decided to try something. And this is when the magic happened. I used it OVER powder foundation. Wow! It got rid of all the dryness without adding any oily feeling, it made my pores and even some of my wrinkles dissapeared, it covered everything AND it stayed all day. My skin looked perfect. The trick is to really RUB the foundation as if you were blending it with the powder on your face. It is just so perfect that I'm thinking of throwing away my entire "reject" box. I'm not saying it's going to work with every powders or it is going to work for everybody but I wanted to share my amazing results. I hope it will be usefull to some people who have similar problems of melasma, old skin and very large pores.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/6/2014 1:19:00 AM More reviews by Mlm515

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I bought this on clearance for $2.59. I do not usually use "drug store" foundation because I have such sensitive skin but I figured for so little money I can't go wrong. I am so glad I bought this! I love the finish it gives on the skin. It feels like there's nothing there and the finish is so natural and slightly dewy. The color match was fantastic for me, I got porcelain ivory and I am NC 20-15 in Mac. My only regret is that I didn't buy the other two porcelain ivory that were on clearance also!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/3/2014 9:22:00 AM More reviews by niiique

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I'm in love with this product. Doesn't leave me oily and it has good coverage. I thought the coconut shade would be to light for me but it was a perfect match. The dropper is a little annoying and messy but I can deal with that since this is a good foundation.