Maybelline Dream Wonder Fluid Touch

3.9

(Active Ingredient : Octinoxate 3%) -------------------- Dimethicone, Cyclohexasiloxane, Isododecane, Alcohol Denat, Vinyl Dimethicone/Methicone Silsesquioxane Crosspolymer, Phenyl Trimethicone, Acrylates/Polytrimethylsiloxymethacrylate Copolymer, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Water, Disodium Stearoyl Glutamate, Propylene Carbonate, Aluminium Hydroxide +/- (CI 77891/Titanium Dioxide, CI 77491/CI 77492/CI 77499/Iron Oxides)

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

At first I really liked this. Light texture, smoothes on quickly and easily, decent color match, spf. But it clings to and accentuates all of the sebaceous filaments around my nose. Which I know is a petty problem but it bugs the crap out of me. Maybe this would work better for slightly oily skin? I don't know. But those damn nose things already bug me, I don't want to notice them even more.

on 7/26/2015 7:42:00 AM

When this product first came out i was in love! once i started to use it more and more, i found that a light cover doesn't stay on for as long as i would like it too. Good drug store foundation though!

on 7/17/2015 12:40:00 PM

When I use this Dream Wonder fluid touch foundation with the Real Techniques stippling brush, I get good coverage and an excellent finish to my skin. Dream wonder foundation is light as air, easy to work with and the lightest color of porcelain ivory matches my skin perfectly. The only issue I have with this product is the use of octinoxate for sunscreen. Octinoxate is not stable when used on its own nor is it a particularly safe sunscreen. I try to avoid it whenever possible.

on 7/13/2015 4:31:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Cool

I will just start off by saying that I have oily, highly sensitive, acne-prone skin, so if you are a person who does not fall under any of these categories then this review will not apply to you. First of all, I was surprised how tiny the bottle was! I saw some youtubers that I watch use this stuff and it looked so much bigger there than in real life! I paid about $13.00 at Walmart (Canada) for this product and I did not think that a product that small should be worth that much, especially at the drugstore but I decided to give it a whirl in spite of that. For me the coverage was great as I don't need that much coverage. I don't have present breakouts but I can breakout very easily depending on what I put on my skin so I have to be careful. The coverage is nice and it does come out of the bottle as a very watery consistency but it dries nicely onto the skin. The colour matched me pretty well which is surprising due to my olive undertones - it's hard to find foundation to match well due to that factor. My only beef is this: it is still quite oily if you're an oily skinned person, starts to "slide" off throughout the day, does not stay in place, has a shine when taking photos, and it broke me out! Granted I didn't break out very much at all, and it was smaller bumps but I would definitely not put this back on my face again simply because I do not want to make it worse. Not going for round 2. I will be returning this and opting for the Almay Clear Complexion Foundation and hopefully that will go a lot better.

on 6/30/2015 8:57:00 AM

Not too sure of this one. I did like the application at first but during the day it settled in my fine lines and dry patches, it also oxidised quite a bit. I think if you have really oily skin then this one may work for you but I need something a little bit creamier to work with my skin, which can be dry in places. I wasn't sold on the packaging either, the liquid is very runny and it goes everywhere when you pour it out it's a bit hard to control and isn't the easiest to apply with a brush or sponge as they seem to soak it up leaving you with little to play with on application.

Light and flawless! It's the best.

on 6/2/2015 9:26:00 PM

I Love this foundation and I recommend it to everyone lol. It's not too expensive and gives me better results than any Mac, Napoleon or Nars foundation that I've ever tried. I find its lightweight but has great coverage so I get the cover up without the cakeiness. It feels smooth and silky on my skin which I love. Plus my skin tends to break out but when I'm using this foundation out of my many others, but my skin is never worse or breaking out after using this one. Definitely worth trying.

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

UPDATE: Have stopped using this so often as it dried my skin out too much. It's ok maybe twice a week but I use something else most of the time. Shame because I love the coverage and finish.

(This is known as 'Dream Flawless Nude' in the UK)

I love the way this looks. I dot it onto my face with the wand then use a buffing brush to blend. One layer is good, two is better - and doesn't clump or separate. It is very watery, and I have already dripped it onto my bed (clumsy) but other than that I like it. I don't think I've use such a runny formula before. Neither like nor dislike the packaging to be honest. I can see it fitting nicely into a travel case though.

It feels great on my skin really weightless. It blends out to a matte finish, but not powdery if that makes sense! I feel like it is really easy to use, I don't need multiple tools to blend it, I don't need to be careful not to overload in certain areas. For colour reference, I chose colour 20 which is Cameo in the UK and Classic Ivory in the US I think? I don't often buy drugstore foundation as I find it difficult to colour match, but I'm glad I was tempted by an offer (two products for £10?! Bargain!) as I really like this product.

My skin is combination and not sensitive. I would urge caution for dry or sensitive skin as the reason this dries down so quickly and is so watery is because it has a lot of alcohol in it, as is evident in the smell. I would buy this again.

on 5/25/2015 1:02:00 PM

This foundation looks really good on the skin, it melts in pretty well and stays for hours. I like the formula, it dries semi matte, which I like, but it sets pretty quickly, so you have to blend fast. It does cling to dry patches so if you have dry skin you should moisturise thoroughly first.
The bottle looks nice, it contains a good amount of product, but the applicator sucks. I always manage to drip foundation on the sink/floor when I use it. I dont understand the stupid dripper ting.
Another huge minus is how much alcohol it contains, it stinks of it. Alcohol will dry your skin out, and is especially bad for acne-prone skin.. which I have. As a result I only use it once in a while because I dont want to brake out, which is a shame, as I really like it.
Because of the alcohol I won't re-purchase this, and its also the reason I gave it two lippies.

on 5/15/2015 3:21:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

The last foundation I ever used was Revlon's Nearly Naked one, and that was over 2 years ago. Just so you know, I am NOT a foundation person at all. I mainly stuck with concealer and a light translucent powder because I broke out really bad using foundations, and my Mary Kay representative suggested that perhaps foundations weren't such a good idea for my sensitive skin.
Background of my skin: it's pretty much all skin types just all in one face, it's so weird. My skin has its normal days, and it's SUPER oily days, and those in between days (aka Combination) where my t-zone is just pumping oil like you wouldn't believe, making my pores look like craters on the moon. It's also SUPER MEGA SENSITIVE like you wouldn't believe, and lately, my skin has been dehydrated (which is WHY it's producing so much oil...ew) so there are dry patches on my skin and flakes on and around my nose and forehead.
Now that you have an idea of my skin, ON TO THE FOUNDATION.
I read a ton of reviews on here of how much people really loved this foundation, and I've watched reviews and demos on YouTube before I decided to invest in such a purchase. I was skeptical because, like I said before, I am not a foundation person. I got it in the shade Ivory. When I got home, I decided to try this stuff on just in case I hated it and then I could take it back. So I opened it and wow, it smells straight up like alcohol. I guess it's okay though because it will kill bacteria that enters the bottle, so I didn't mind that. Also, that dropper thing is so weird! It says to wait until it gives about 2 drops to put on a FULL FACE of foundation, but please, we all know that 2 drops isn't going to cover EVERYTHING. So I smeared some on the back of my hand and then applied with my fingers. This feels like velvet on the skin. It's so smooth! And the colour was a perfect match for me! I actually didn't need to blend it into my neck because my neck was the EXACT SAME COLOUR, which I thought was pretty freaking cool. It looks so natural too! I was amazed because foundations, on me anyway, give a fake and CAKEY look to my skin and around my nose which I'm not a fan of. This did cling to the dry patches around my nose, but This was still amazing! The coverage is probably like a medium to full coverage depending on how much you prefer to use, and no matter how much you put on, IT FEELS LIKE NOTHING ON THE SKIN. It's so light!!! I caught myself rubbing my face and then realizing that I was wearing foundation for the first time in forever. Also, it dries to like a powder like finish. So I didn't feel like setting it with a translucent powder straight away because it didn't look so dewy. It did sink into my crater pores a little bit, but nothing that a poreless primer can't fix. Now, throughout the day, I was impressed. It looked the same just as I applied it that morning. However, it sunk into my pores even more and my t-zone looked as greasy as the t-birds' hair, but oil absorbing sheets and an oil absorbing powder would do the trick to set it.
The packaging is okay, glass bottle makes it look a bit fancier and I'm kind of digging that. The price was okay. I paid $12.96 Canadian for this, but originally it's around $15.00 for this, the beauty of Walmart though. But I think it should be at least $10.00 because I really like this stuff.
Overall, AMAZING FOUNDATION. AMAZING AMAZING AMAZING. I will DEFINITELY repurchase this as long as I live because I love it so! I do HIGHLY recommend this for all skin types. For dry skin, it might be tricky, but as long as you exfoliate and have a good hydrating moisturizer, I don't think you'd have a major issue. Oily and combo skin will enjoy!! And sensitive skin, I don't know how sensitive your skin is but it is worth a try. So far I didn't break out or get a rash and my skin has been okay with it. If something happens I will update, but so far I don't think I need to.
Maybelline, PLEASE don't EVER discontinue this!! This foundation is amazing and I love it!! It's the first one I've ever been able to wear in a while that I've fallen in love with!!

Video Reviews & Tutorials