Maybelline Dream Wonder Fluid Touch

3.9

(Active Ingredient : Octinoxate 3%) -------------------- Dimethicone, Cyclohexasiloxane, Isododecane, Alcohol Denat, Vinyl Dimethicone/Methicone Silsesquioxane Crosspolymer, Phenyl Trimethicone, Acrylates/Polytrimethylsiloxymethacrylate Copolymer, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Water, Disodium Stearoyl Glutamate, Propylene Carbonate, Aluminium Hydroxide +/- (CI 77891/Titanium Dioxide, CI 77491/CI 77492/CI 77499/Iron Oxides)

on 6/30/2015 8:57:00 AM

Not too sure of this one. I did like the application at first but during the day it settled in my fine lines and dry patches, it also oxidised quite a bit. I think if you have really oily skin then this one may work for you but I need something a little bit creamier to work with my skin, which can be dry in places. I wasn't sold on the packaging either, the liquid is very runny and it goes everywhere when you pour it out it's a bit hard to control and isn't the easiest to apply with a brush or sponge as they seem to soak it up leaving you with little to play with on application.

Light and flawless! It's the best.

on 6/2/2015 9:26:00 PM

I Love this foundation and I recommend it to everyone lol. It's not too expensive and gives me better results than any Mac, Napoleon or Nars foundation that I've ever tried. I find its lightweight but has great coverage so I get the cover up without the cakeiness. It feels smooth and silky on my skin which I love. Plus my skin tends to break out but when I'm using this foundation out of my many others, but my skin is never worse or breaking out after using this one. Definitely worth trying.

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

(This is known as 'Dream Flawless Nude' in the UK)

I love the way this looks. I dot it onto my face with the wand then use a buffing brush to blend. One layer is good, two is better - and doesn't clump or separate. It is very watery, and I have already dripped it onto my bed (clumsy) but other than that I like it. I don't think I've use such a runny formula before. Neither like nor dislike the packaging to be honest. I can see it fitting nicely into a travel case though.

It feels great on my skin really weightless. It blends out to a matte finish, but not powdery if that makes sense! I feel like it is really easy to use, I don't need multiple tools to blend it, I don't need to be careful not to overload in certain areas. For colour reference, I chose colour 20 which is Cameo in the UK and Classic Ivory in the US I think? I don't often buy drugstore foundation as I find it difficult to colour match, but I'm glad I was tempted by an offer (two products for £10?! Bargain!) as I really like this product.

My skin is combination and not sensitive. I would urge caution for dry or sensitive skin as the reason this dries down so quickly and is so watery is because it has a lot of alcohol in it, as is evident in the smell. I would buy this again.

on 5/25/2015 1:02:00 PM

This foundation looks really good on the skin, it melts in pretty well and stays for hours. I like the formula, it dries semi matte, which I like, but it sets pretty quickly, so you have to blend fast. It does cling to dry patches so if you have dry skin you should moisturise thoroughly first.
The bottle looks nice, it contains a good amount of product, but the applicator sucks. I always manage to drip foundation on the sink/floor when I use it. I dont understand the stupid dripper ting.
Another huge minus is how much alcohol it contains, it stinks of it. Alcohol will dry your skin out, and is especially bad for acne-prone skin.. which I have. As a result I only use it once in a while because I dont want to brake out, which is a shame, as I really like it.
Because of the alcohol I won't re-purchase this, and its also the reason I gave it two lippies.

on 5/15/2015 3:21:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

The last foundation I ever used was Revlon's Nearly Naked one, and that was over 2 years ago. Just so you know, I am NOT a foundation person at all. I mainly stuck with concealer and a light translucent powder because I broke out really bad using foundations, and my Mary Kay representative suggested that perhaps foundations weren't such a good idea for my sensitive skin.
Background of my skin: it's pretty much all skin types just all in one face, it's so weird. My skin has its normal days, and it's SUPER oily days, and those in between days (aka Combination) where my t-zone is just pumping oil like you wouldn't believe, making my pores look like craters on the moon. It's also SUPER MEGA SENSITIVE like you wouldn't believe, and lately, my skin has been dehydrated (which is WHY it's producing so much oil...ew) so there are dry patches on my skin and flakes on and around my nose and forehead.
Now that you have an idea of my skin, ON TO THE FOUNDATION.
I read a ton of reviews on here of how much people really loved this foundation, and I've watched reviews and demos on YouTube before I decided to invest in such a purchase. I was skeptical because, like I said before, I am not a foundation person. I got it in the shade Ivory. When I got home, I decided to try this stuff on just in case I hated it and then I could take it back. So I opened it and wow, it smells straight up like alcohol. I guess it's okay though because it will kill bacteria that enters the bottle, so I didn't mind that. Also, that dropper thing is so weird! It says to wait until it gives about 2 drops to put on a FULL FACE of foundation, but please, we all know that 2 drops isn't going to cover EVERYTHING. So I smeared some on the back of my hand and then applied with my fingers. This feels like velvet on the skin. It's so smooth! And the colour was a perfect match for me! I actually didn't need to blend it into my neck because my neck was the EXACT SAME COLOUR, which I thought was pretty freaking cool. It looks so natural too! I was amazed because foundations, on me anyway, give a fake and CAKEY look to my skin and around my nose which I'm not a fan of. This did cling to the dry patches around my nose, but This was still amazing! The coverage is probably like a medium to full coverage depending on how much you prefer to use, and no matter how much you put on, IT FEELS LIKE NOTHING ON THE SKIN. It's so light!!! I caught myself rubbing my face and then realizing that I was wearing foundation for the first time in forever. Also, it dries to like a powder like finish. So I didn't feel like setting it with a translucent powder straight away because it didn't look so dewy. It did sink into my crater pores a little bit, but nothing that a poreless primer can't fix. Now, throughout the day, I was impressed. It looked the same just as I applied it that morning. However, it sunk into my pores even more and my t-zone looked as greasy as the t-birds' hair, but oil absorbing sheets and an oil absorbing powder would do the trick to set it.
The packaging is okay, glass bottle makes it look a bit fancier and I'm kind of digging that. The price was okay. I paid $12.96 Canadian for this, but originally it's around $15.00 for this, the beauty of Walmart though. But I think it should be at least $10.00 because I really like this stuff.
Overall, AMAZING FOUNDATION. AMAZING AMAZING AMAZING. I will DEFINITELY repurchase this as long as I live because I love it so! I do HIGHLY recommend this for all skin types. For dry skin, it might be tricky, but as long as you exfoliate and have a good hydrating moisturizer, I don't think you'd have a major issue. Oily and combo skin will enjoy!! And sensitive skin, I don't know how sensitive your skin is but it is worth a try. So far I didn't break out or get a rash and my skin has been okay with it. If something happens I will update, but so far I don't think I need to.
Maybelline, PLEASE don't EVER discontinue this!! This foundation is amazing and I love it!! It's the first one I've ever been able to wear in a while that I've fallen in love with!!

on 5/1/2015 6:10:00 PM

I love to use this foundation as a sort of mixing foundation. I add it to either lotion or my primer to sheer it out some, and apply with either a brush or a dampened RT sponge. I love the way it looks on my skin, more glowy with lotion and more matte with primer. The lightest shade (Porcelain Ivory) is a bit too yellow for me, but it's certainly not noticeable when it's sheered out.

Alone, I find it to be not near as good, as it clings to the dry patches on my combo skin while not putting up any resistance to the oily areas. As many have said, the packaging isn't their best idea. I would have loved a proper dropper instead, but I'm at least glad it isn't just an opening, as this is FAR too watery to simply pour.

on 5/1/2015 5:17:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

I've been wanting a product like this. A light, barely there foundation. I kept putting it off because I didn't think they would have a shade light enough for me or it would be too pink but this is perfect. You can check my other foundation reviews but as far as Maybelline goes I use the lightest shade in both concealers (15 vs 10 in Fit Me).
This doesn't offer much coverage but for day to day, that's not something I really want. Blends well and is very quick to apply. No transfer that I've noticed. No breakouts. Before I was using only concealer and powder on most days (obviously not including all other eye, lip, cheek products) but I find myself reaching for this quite frequently.
The only thing I don't like is the applicator. I usually end up dripping it all over the place.

on 4/30/2015 3:36:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

I have fairly dry skin and are naturally rather fair but I tend to find that my shade (50 Creamy Natural) is just a little to dark and quite orange toned, since I have a neutral undertone its difficult for me to find my perfect shade but this foundation once I lighten it with some moisturizer works well as my everyday foundation;.

on 4/21/2015 5:53:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I'm loving this foundation. It goes on soo easily and blends very well with a brush. I think it would suit anyone looking for light- medium/heavy coverage because you can build up your coverage without it looking cakey. You get a matte, but no flat finish. I get a pretty flawless finish with it every time! I have oily skin and this stays put pretty well throughout the day for me with my Hourglass primer. It's a great foundation, especially when you consider the price! I hear it's not the best for really dry skin.

Video Reviews & Tutorials