October 20, 2014 | 1861 users online

Liquid - Maybelline - Dream Wonder Fluid Touch

rated 5 of 5 on 10/15/2014 1:11:00 PM More reviews by Erika813

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I love this foundation! I am someone who buys different foundations constantly to try to find the perfect one. I bought this after I saw an ad in a magazine. I liked other maybelline dream foundations but felt they were a little heavy for me. This foundation goes on so light and smooth. It actually has perfect coverage for my skin. I get hormonal acne pretty bad on my neck and jawline. This covered it perfectly but still looked and felt natural in my face. Next thing I knew I was buying another bottle of this and throwing away the other foundations I had sitting around. I use nyx pore filler, apply this foundation and then finish win nyx matte but not flat powder.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/5/2014 3:28:00 PM More reviews by hayleyelwick

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I have acne, there's no getting around it, and I had been eyeing this puppy for SO long, but thought it wouldn't work for me because of my blemishes and scars.

But oh boy, was I wrong! And I am so glad I was.

I recently ran out of my Revlon Colorstay, which I've been using for over three years. I was so tempted to repurchase it, but I have really been wanting to try a light coverage foundation. Usually when I wear a full face of makeup, I am itching to wash it off as soon as I get home. I have started to hate the feeling of foundation on when I'm in the horrible Texas heat! I love my CS, but it was time to try something new. I hated to have to buy a new foundation (I currently own 9) but all of mine were a shade or 2 darker than I am right now, since my tan said goodbye about a month ago, so I gave in and purchased this.

To be completely honest, I wasn't even sure this would work for me! I really took a chance with this. I had a coupon though, and it was already on sale for $8, so I decided it was worth it. Plus I could always return it if all else failed.

Now that I have been using it, all I can do is sing the praises of this foundation!!!!!! The coverage is so amazing for something that feels so incredibly light. It covers just enough- all the redness and scars, but not everything. It just looks like good skin. It doesn't feel heavy at all, I can wear it all day without getting uncomfortable and wanting to wash it off.

The one thing I can say though, is that it doesn't last long. I can wear this for about 4-5 hours without getting too oily. However, there's a really quick remedy for when I do start getting a little shiny- I always carry a powder with me a Sigma P80- which is a very small flat top brush, then I just touch up the areas that need it with powder. This way, I'm not powdering my whole face, so it doesn't cake up, but I still stop the oiliness. It's super quick and easy.

Throughout the day, I feel like this fades, but I never have it on for more than 6 hours. And even when it fades, it's really even, so it doesn't look bad. If I had worse skin, I would probably look for something else, but honestly, i'm okay with my skin showing through a little, even with my hyper pigmentation and blemishes!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/5/2014 1:01:00 PM More reviews by bellavee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I did not expect it but this is my new daily go-to foundation! I've always hated the look and feel of foundation; no matter how light I put it on, I always felt like it was too much for everyday.

This is very light coverage, the epitome of "your skin but better" foundation. It glides on smoothly and seamlessly, feels silky to the touch, no smell, and blends like a dream. Saying I have oily skin would be an understatement so I really did not expect this to last through the day. But paired with my Becca poreless primer it typically does not budge. I do like to touch up with powder once or twice a day but that's nothing new.

What really impressed me about this primer is that when I went into the dressing room during some Saturday shopping, the ones with those bright fluorescent lights that bring out every flaw (unplucked brow hair or poor blush blending) this makeup looked FLAWLESS. Seriously perfect. And I know some people complain about the dropper applicator, but because it's so liquidy, without this type of applicator it'd be ridiculously messy. Plus the amount that comes on the applicator is just the right amount I need.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/30/2014 1:13:00 AM More reviews by faija

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Dark, Cool Hair: Black, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Brown

I'm not big on foundation because I have a hard time finding one that looks good on my dark skin with yellow undertones. I like my make up to look natural so I've never been a big fan of foundations and have always gone for tinted moisturizers or bb creams.

Anyway, I bought this on and I love it! It gives my skin a pretty glow and evens out discoloration. My skin isn't that bad but I do have some dark marks that I use concealer on. This gives my skin that youthful glow that I don't have anymore. It makes my skin look pretty but not made up.

I say buy it from Walmart or Walgreens so you can take it back if you want to but I really don't think you will need to.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 9/19/2014 3:20:00 PM More reviews by theginger11

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I hated this foundation for a few reasons. First off the smell. Holy alcohol. What is going on in this bottle to make it smell that bad? Secondly it caked, it creased, it melted over any primer I tried. I'm very oily in my t zone so perhaps that's the reason. Last but not least the weird applicator? I used the dropper on the back of my hand but was really confused on the concept. Obviously you wouldn't put that on your face right?

Just didn't work for my oily acne prone skin.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 9/16/2014 6:17:00 PM More reviews by meredithann0714

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this on a whim because I had a dollar off coupon and was looking for something that was lighter on my 47 year old skin, as most of my full coverage foundations were starting to look a little heavy and caking in my fine lines. Let me start by saying I have tried many, many drugstore foundations, always looking for "fuller" coverage for my skin, which can get a little red and has a small amount of melasma spots. I've used Revlon Colorstay (liquid and mousse), Cover Girl 3-in-1 foundation (has built-in primer), Rimmel Stay Matte, Cover Girl AquaSmooth, Rimmel Lasting Finish. So I have a pretty good overview of the "better" drugstore foundations out there. I wasn't expecting much from this Maybelline foundation, as it advertised itself as "12 times thinner" than regular foundation, so I thought it would have very little coverage. I was wrong, wrong, wrong. Coverage is comparable to any of the above foundations, and unlike many of the above, is actually buildable. Plus, it goes on like gossamer silk - I use my Real Techniques stippling brush, and it glides right on. Shade selection can be tricky - I usually use Sand Beige in Revlon Colorstay for reference, and needed Classic Ivory in this. This stuff was definitely a surprise and the best Maybelline foundation created. It actually takes me less time to get my foundation on because this stuff blends and applies like a dream. No caking in my lines, and lasting power is good - I set it with powder and use a primer underneath. If you're worried there won't be enough coverage with this, all I can tell you is that I was surprised at the amount of coverage for such a thin foundation. Definitely worth a shot.

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 9/14/2014 3:39:00 PM More reviews by shaboobent

I love this product! Even more than Bare Minerals version. Blends nicely, with or without brush. I don't like the little dropper, a pump would be better. It does not break me out, doesn't oxidize, stays matte. Love, love, love it!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/11/2014 2:52:00 AM More reviews by scopingforyou

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

PROS: Something that matches my PPP daughters NW 10-15 skin?? Yes! So rare for her. Stays on her acne-pronce, oily skin so long. (She also dusts a bit of ELF's HD powder over it.) Beautiful matte finish.

CONS: Does show dry patches, so she has to be sure she uses her Paula's CLEAR 2% BHA (regular strength) and also make sure she's using her olay brush with each face wash. Wouldn't be great on my quite dry skin.

APPLICATION TIPS: She shakes it on to the back of her hand from the dropper and QUICKLY (it dries fast) picks it up with her Sonia Kashuk 130 to apply and then blend with that brush. Like I said, she covers it with a light dusting of ELF's HD powder wherever she will typically get oily breakthrough. (see cons about exfoliating)

ALTERNATES: She used to use the lightest and coolest bare minerals matte powder. Sorry don't know name. This breaks her out less and stays a LOT more matte on her.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/9/2014 7:04:00 PM More reviews by Tovah

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I've been hearing about "serum" foundations and, because I love "light" foundation, I thought I'd give this a try. I was in Target and I didn't see any other foundations that claim to be "serums". I looked for a Physician's Formula one I'd read about, but it wasn't there, and even if it was, the chances of finding something other than "Light" on the shelf are pretty slim. As far as the Dream Wonder goes, #85, Sun Beige is a good match for my NC35 skin. This foundation sets to a matte, silky finish that feels good, but it definitely looks like "makeup". It smells strongly of alcohol upon application, and its high alcohol content helps this to set nearly immediately.(Perhaps this is inspired by Armani Maestro?) This foundation's texture doesn't seem any different from a gazillion other liquid foundations I've tried. It's definitely not nearly as "thin" as my favorite, Make Up For Ever Face & Body Makeup. When Dream Wonder is on my skin it reminds me of old, old-school favorites such as Clinique Stay True, or Lancome Maquimat.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/8/2014 10:53:00 AM More reviews by goddessofthegalaxy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

First impression: the bottle is made of glass, it's looks very grown up compared to other Maybelline products that appeal more to teens (in my opinion). It wasn't too small or too bulky and is perfect for travel. The bottle has a screw on/off type of closure and the dropper wand is attached to the cap. The Hype: this product is supposed to be a dupe or in comparison to Bare Escentuals new liquid foundation that's supposed to be applied with a specific fancy brush. This foundation does not include a brush. But it does have the same liquid type that bare escentuals which is light, not too thick, and very easily distributed. A little product goes a long way. The product: the smell resembles a light scent that can be compared to rubbing alcohol. I'm not sure if it was just the one I picked up but it did smell strange. It was bearable so I won't complain too much. I'm not sure why so many say that the dropper is useless, I've found that when you shake it up well that it does exactly as it says it will. I find the dropper very useful. I purchased the shade "nude" and it appeared that the undertones in this particular foundation are more towards the "warm" toned skin types with orange undertones. It wasn't too bad, with a good amount of blending I made it work. It really feels like I have absolutely NOTHING on. The night before I washed my faced and exfoliated to remove any dry patches on my skin. The morning of, I prepped my skin with a good moisturizer, allowed it to be absorbed by my skin, and then applied the Maybelline baby skin pore eraser to give me a good canvas for the product. It worked out for the best! I dropped a total of 5 drops onto my face: on my forehead, nose, jaw, and one on each cheek. I used a regular powder brush to buff it all over my face. The coverage was amazing! Not only did it cover my acne scars, it covered a few cuts I had on my face from picking. (Bad habit) It feels so light and it didn't sink into my pores or my tiny under eye creases. It really looks like I have nothing on. It looks like nice clean, clear skin! I'll have to do an update on this product because I haven't worn it for an entire day but I'm assuming that it should do well because it's not sitting on top if my skin where it can be moved around easily. It looks like it became one with my skin, it looks so beautiful and natural it really does! I'm very excited about this product. I am so glad that drugstore brands jump on the bandwagon as keep up with the trends of the high end brands. It gives everyone a chance to experience the thrill. :-) $8 compared to $30. I would recommend this product to all! Most definitely