Maybelline Dream Wonder Fluid Touch

3.9

(Active Ingredient : Octinoxate 3%) -------------------- Dimethicone, Cyclohexasiloxane, Isododecane, Alcohol Denat, Vinyl Dimethicone/Methicone Silsesquioxane Crosspolymer, Phenyl Trimethicone, Acrylates/Polytrimethylsiloxymethacrylate Copolymer, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Water, Disodium Stearoyl Glutamate, Propylene Carbonate, Aluminium Hydroxide +/- (CI 77891/Titanium Dioxide, CI 77491/CI 77492/CI 77499/Iron Oxides)

Made my skin look impossibly dry...might be a decent foundation for those with oily skin but not for me. Makes my crows feet look much worse too. For me its a no go.

on 3/18/2015 2:35:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I actually really like this foundation, it blends wonderfully on skin, it has a light coverage, it can be build up to a medium coverage. Not too oily friendly so I recommend setting it with a setting powder. But has a beautiful finish and is super light. Some people say its yellow undertone, but I see it more of a pinkish undertone. I recommend it :)

on 3/17/2015 2:18:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

So far I'm really loving this foundation! It's literally been years since I have taken the plunge and tried a foundation other than my usual (Revlon New Complexion one step compact makeup) and I am happy I did for this one. I found the coverage to be medium (not sheer or light). The foundation feels like a super-light liquid on your finger tips and blends in easily and seamlessly with the skin. It dries down instantly to a matte finish. I like that- it removes the shine and whiteness left behind by my sunscreen. The applicator doesn't bother me- in fact, I like it. You need the wand in order to dispense two drops... otherwise you'd always be over-pouring it into your hand. Overall, it a very nice medium coverage, matte finish foundation that looks natural on the skin. And feels nice too (not heavy or greasy). I used the lightest shade on my very fair skin and it looks a-okay.

on 3/15/2015 2:55:00 PM

I've been into natural foundations lately because I want my skin to show through the foundation, but I also want my imperfections to be blurred/covered. This foundation does just that. It blends into nothing; it just blends right into your skin and I love that. It is enough coverage for me but it also looks natural. Some people say that this is too sheer but I disagree. I would say that it is like medium if you apply it with a brush. The website recommends using it with your fingers but I find that my fingers just rubs the product off so I use either a flat top kabuki or the Real Techniques Expert Face Brush, and that gives me the perfect application for medium coverage. If I could change one thing about the foundation, it would be the alcohol content. It burns if you have pimples and it is drying. I also took out a lippie for the packaging because I find the wand pointless. It doesn't dispense product and I'm not going to wait for a drop to fall so I just directly put the wand on the back of my hand.

Since it dries to a powdery finish, you need to prep your face before this, especially if you have dry skin because it will cling to dry patches. Make sure your skin is exfoliated (use something like exfoliating cotton rounds) and hydrated. Oils are great for keeping your skin hydrated and prepped for foundation, like argan oil.

on 3/13/2015 12:32:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

Initially when I bought this foundation I really, really liked it. There are still some things I like about it all but overall I'm not much of a fan. The foundation is incredibly lightweight and comes in a glass bottle with an incredibly messy dropper which will get the product literally everywhere, even when you are absolutely careful. I don't typically mind when foundations come without a pump because I am very careful with my products but there is next to no way around this. It drips so quickly and gets everywhere! The foundation has sheer coverage with a satin finish and the shade I picked up (Ivory) had orangey undertones which is fairly typical of drugstore brands and very undesirable. It lasts a very average amount of time on my face without looking blotchy (6hrs) but it tends to really gravitate towards my dry patches and accentuate them by the end of the day. The foundation doesn't break me out personally and I assume that this is because of the raging alcohol content in this. This foundation smells like straight up rubbing alcohol and will burn your nostrils upon smelling it which is absolutely disgusting to me. If something is going to burn my nostrils I can't imagine that it's going to be all that great for skin. The foundation also comes with 1/3 less product than the standard 1 fl oz for around the same price-point so you're getting less bang for your buck. I wouldn't say this foundation is horrible but it was a lot more hassle than it was worth and overall didn't perform as well as other foundations I have tried. If you're looking for a product at a drugstore price-point that offers sheer coverage, I would recommend the Covergirl Outlast Stay Fabulous foundation and blend it out with a damp sponge. It will give you a similar look but it lasts longer and is generally a better product.

I love this and I didn't even know it! I bought this a while back and used it and enjoyed it. Recently I bought a different foundation, hated it, and went back to this because it was all I had as a backup. I understand now why I enjoyed it. My one problem with this foundation, hence the four rating, is that it tends to not get so much shiny but doesn't feel matte after about four hours of wear. My solution is just to set with powder in my t-zone. I want to try the dream wonder powder with this but really hate wearing more than one foundation product. Another great thing I tried was wearing the dermalogica clearing matte primer. It seemed to help. Anyway, for a girl who has really bad sensitive skin I enjoyed the great situation of no reaction! Def. must buy! Review on my youtube Makeup by Mere is coming soon!

on 2/25/2015 1:47:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

BOUGHT SHADE 20 AND SHADE 50

I have normal to dry skin, typically i do not wear any foundation. On an average day, i have no blemishes and no NOTICEABLE dry patches. Now, when going out to a bar or dinner i like to jazz up my look. so i want a product that goes on easy, drys fast and looks flawless. I was lead to maybelline dream wonder fluid

PRO

1. does not emphasize pores A+
2. light to med coverage, hid all of my redness (which is a red nose ) and evened out my skin tone A+ - did not feel heavy on my skin.
3. colour is buildable
4. the product finish is AMAZING A+ - feels like your natural skin and like you are wearing nothing at all.
5. ive only worn it for a 2-4 hours at a time and it stayed well. havent tried clubbing with it, will give that ago.

CON
1. it clings on to dry patches i didnt even know i had. so make sure if you use this product you exfoliate before and moisturize. i have tried using a primer and it did not help remove the dry patch cling

2. colouring may be off, for some reason they dont make colour 30? so i had to buy colour 20 and colour 50 and mix to 30. i caution on colour as some have a slight orange or others have a slight "dead zombie" look to you if you go to light!

3. applicator and packaging is horrible. come on lets switch to a pump people its 2015. But this is easy to over look.

if you have normal skin or slightly oily, this product is a win for you. if you have very dry skin walk away.

would i pay full price for this? no. i bought it on sale for 7.99
would i buy this again ? maybe if they changed the formula to not cling to dry patches.
would i recommend this to a friend? yes, its WORTH a shot. buy it on sale and give it a try.

on 2/20/2015 5:13:00 AM

Light to medium coverage, feels so nice on the skin! Very soft.

on 2/19/2015 11:18:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

LOVE THIS FOUNDATION!!
I was hesitant to try this because I am so used to thicker foundations like Revlon Colourstay which I love! My skin has been kind of dry and the Revlon one was a bit to dark and a bit to heavy, so I picked up the Maybelline one... I may never go back to any other foundation!
This is is SUPER blendable and with a light medium coverage (it's medium to full coverage but light in the sense that it feels like NOTHING is on your skin)
This foundation looks soooo natural and I've never had a foundation match me so well, I have Porcelain Ivory!
It does cling to the dry spots on my nose, but it isn't that noticable and it doesn't bother me at all!

Love this foundation so much, just hate the weird wand tool. I just end up smearing the wand on the back of my hand, which I know "isn't sanitary"

on 2/16/2015 3:14:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I bought this foundation with the idea that it would hold me over until I could afford the YSL fusion ink foundation, of which this maybelline one is clearly masquerading as a dupe; high hopes were had because of this, and because maybelline has a good wrap with game-changing foundations i.e. the dream matte mousse.
However I found that this foundation didn't do what I was hoping it would, so I'm just going to give in and splurge on the YSL! I am however going to keep the rest of this bottle to use in the summer months when im looking for a lighter-coverage mattifying foundation.
For me I don't get enough coverage and longevity, but it blends beautifully into the skin leaving a very natural finish.