December 17, 2014 | 1749 users online

Liquid - Maybelline - Dream Wonder Fluid Touch

rated 4 of 5 on 12/17/2014 12:39:00 AM More reviews by ChynnaM09

I honestly can say how this performs by itself since I know this gives off a dewy finish and I have oily skin. So I pair it with a matte foundation and the result is beautiful mixed with a long wear foundation it looks flawless. I do like it quite a bit :)

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/15/2014 3:03:00 PM More reviews by eadinsmo

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Medium Eyes: Green

I hate to be a bummer, but I really don't like this foundation. I looked high and low for it, and finally found it at CVS. There weren't many shades available, and I deliberated way too long over them. The were all fair, and the one I got matches fine.

I don't have a problem with the price. It's not as much as Revlon and of course there are always coupons and sales.

I hate the packaging, although it looks elegant. A glass bottle is just impractical. The wand thingy is weird and I'm not patient enough to wait for a drop or two to fall off it. I just dab it on my fingers.

As I said, the color is fine, and the product is very blendable. The look is just...TOO natural, if that makes sense? It really looks, up close, like you have no makeup on. And if you had asked me before I bought this product, I'd have said that was my goal. But as it turns out, I don't like it. I want a little blurring, a little filling, and a little perfecting out of my foundation.

I think this might be right for other people. But not for me.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/12/2014 6:57:00 PM More reviews by homersmom

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

In love. I'm giving it as gifts to all the girls on my gift list this Christmas! First of all, it goes on like a dream. Silky, great buildable (if that's a word) coverage that lasts all day. Definitely use moisturizer before you apply, though. I use the small stippling brush from e.l.f. and it works great. Definitely equal to a high end foundation.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/12/2014 5:13:00 PM More reviews by Cortneywpatterson

Absolutely love this stuff. It goes on so well and makes my skin have a matte, velvety feel. When I wear this foundation, I normally don't even wear powder over it and it doesn't make me shine by then end of my 12 hour ambulance shifts. Just wish the bottle was bigger. Very weird packaging. New HG foundation.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/4/2014 2:14:00 PM More reviews by alexcampbell922

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I applied this, this morning with my real techniques buffing brush. It looked so amazing! It evened out my skin tone perfectly but it looked like my skin. I have redness across my cheeks, nose and sometimes inbetween my eyebrows. Since it's the winter here in Canada my skin is more on the drier side, whereas it's normally pretty oily in my t-zone. The colours in store looked pretty dark (which is a bonus for us mixed girls) so I picked up Nude and it blended perfectly with my neck. Because the sun isn't as strong in the winter my skin is no where near as dark as it gets in the spring and summer so it's nice to know I can purchase this in a darker shade when the time comes. I put this on then went for oral surgery (LOL I bought it lastnight so I couldnt help myself) and it's still on! I have acne scarring on my cheeks and it covered it nicely, I could use concealer for full coverage around the scarring but I really don't care to cover it that much; I just want my face evenly coloured. I will update this after some more use :)

rated 1 of 5 on 12/4/2014 8:31:00 AM More reviews by DezineOptional

Not a fan. What an absolute waste of a product. I bought this because I tend to like serum-type foundations that melt into the skin. This was a complete bust. Firstly, the packaging is horrendous. How on earth are you supposed to apply foundation with a tear-drop tipped applicator? Not only is this extremely unhygenic, but you get absolutely no product onto the back of your hand, so you literally have to overuse to the extreme which defeats the purpose of this base makeup, because you end up having way too much product on your face. Secondly, while I prefer my base makeup coverage to be between light and medium, this stuff is virtually non-existent. No coverage whatsoever. I may as well have not worn any foundation at all.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/3/2014 10:53:00 PM More reviews by Gossijay

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Dark, Neutral Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I purchased the Maybelline Dream Wonder Liquid Touch Foundation in 95 Coconut

Shout out to Maybelline for letting us darker skinned WOC get a shot at their new releases. I wanted to try the dream wonder powder but Maybelline wasn't thinking about WOC then.

Anyway Coconut is a great match for me. It blends right in with my skin tone and looks incredibly natural.

This formula is so lovely. The foundation is very fluid and also very thin. It spreads effortlessly on skin. The coverage is medium which is really perfect for me. It's so light that my skin just looks naturally perfect. There's nothing cake-y about this foundation. It sets to a matte finish and doesn't make my face greasy by the end of the day at all. In fact it wears very well from application to the end of the day: the matte finish just changes to a slightly dewy one. My nose didn't get out of control with oil. This foundation has a slight alcohol-like smell but I don't notice it unless I'm sniffing the bottle. This foundation barely transfers.

I don't find it to be drying at all. It's not moisturizing either but it doesn't rob my skin of moisture.

I apply this foundation by dropping some of the foundation from the wand on the back of my hand and then dabbing it onto my face with my finger tips. This feels like the type of foundation that would be sucked up by a brush or a sponge which is why I use my fingertips. The bottle is just so gorgeous and is a feast for the eyes.

Kudos for Maybelline for making such a nice foundation. I can put it on and completely forget about it! It is a little pricey (for a drugstore foundation!) but you don't need a lot to get yourself looking made up so I understand. I would definitely repurchase this foundation.

I feel like this foundation ruined me because now I really don't want to try anything else because I'm so satisfied with this one!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/26/2014 3:11:00 PM More reviews by Stark77

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Grey

I usually hate Maybelline foundations, but... This is amazing. Thin consistency but applies and blends like a dream. The color Porcelain Ivory is a great match for my skin tone. The applicator is a little strange, but I just pull it out of the bottle, use it to swipe the foundation across my cheeks, nose, and forehead, and then blend with my fingers. I will definitely repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/25/2014 9:01:00 AM More reviews by sgnewbie

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Firstly, I have oily skin (mostly on t-zone), with NC30-35 skin tone living in Sunny Singapore. I bought this in the colour 60 Sandy Beige, a spot-on match.

PROS
- light-med coverage (1 layer), medium (2 layers), medium-full (3 layers)
- buildable but not above 3 layers or will start looking like regular high coverage foundations (cakey)
- ok price, $7.99 USD but paid SGD$15 (not available in SG yet though)
- SPF 20, good for sunny tropical weathers all year round in singapore
- light-weight, feels like skin
- smooth application
- dries fast (varies for diff people according to preference), to a natural-matte finish
- a little goes a long way, need 1-2 swipes of the whole wand for 2 layers
- nice glass bottle, love the packaging transition of rose gold
- gives the same coverage with my E.L.F flat top powder brush!!!

CONS
- not easily available where i stay (maybe launching later? will update.)
- slight alcohol scent (subjective)
- wear time is so-so, around 6 hours, would require good setting spray for 12hr wear

NEUTRAL
- wand applicator, love it because its convenient, but it gets the neck of the bottle messy.
- only get 20ml (0.67 fl oz), but a little goes a long way so it may last as long as a regular 30ml bottle

rated 4 of 5 on 11/22/2014 10:40:00 AM More reviews by keldar

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I like this stuff, especially for a drugstore foundation. NO this is not going to give you opaque, matte coverage that lasts forever, so don't expect it to, but for what it is, I really like it. The older I get, the more I'm trying to get away from really thick, cakey, obvious looking foundations like Colorstay and Kat von D (even though I still tend to use them for long days or special events). This stuff glides on really well and actually gives a lot more coverage than you'd expect from the texture, especially if you layer - and I have lots of acne scarring and hyperpigmentation, along with occasional active acne. It can accentuate some dry spots but I just try to exfoliate to keep flakes at bay, or just live with it. It feels really good on the skin, dries quickly, and most of the time I don't bother to set with powder. The palest shade actually matches my impossible to match skin - no other Maybelline base matches me at all, always to peachy and dark - so I was pleasantly surprised by this. If you're looking for long-lasting, hardcore coverage, move along, but for a nice, light foundation with decent coverage, this stuff wins in my book.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No