October 24, 2014 | 1999 users online

Treatments (Face) - Frownies

rated 2 of 5 on 6/29/2014 7:27:00 AM More reviews by thaonlylakergirl

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Oily, Deep Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Mine wouldn't stay on. Granted, I have very oily skin and I'm a restless, twist n turn sleeper. The paper is too hard to conture to the face.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/13/2014 6:16:00 PM More reviews by K12sep

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Grey, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

I am 50years old and quite obsessed about my skin and use quite a lot of anti ageing products morning and evening never missing but even with this wrinkles are appearing across my forehead and between my eyebrows slightly helped with collagen fillers so after reading about these frownies I thought why not give them a go and so pleased I did,used every night for a month amazing results, I don't use the fillers now but if I do I can honestly say my forehead looks 20years younger so I started using at side of mouth and really pleased with the results.I am still applying my usual serum eye cream and moisturiser and let them soak in for about 10 minutes then I wet the frownie before applying.The only complaint I have is the ones I use at side of mouth are difficult to tear apart so I use nail scissors to cut them,they give a good waxing if you pull them off before you soak them so 2for 1 lol.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/27/2014 3:30:00 PM More reviews by cheriepink

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I just had to review this product! I cant believe it actually works! OMG i have been trying to get rid my forehead wrinkles for like the longest time with botox and wrinkle fillers but unfortunately neither work on my wrinkles! But this brown piece of tape works! I was just using it like 4 hours ago and now I remove it thinking that ok it might just work for the first 15 minutes but an hour has past and no my forehead is still smooth...so I decided to apply moisturizer on my forehead and wait to see if applying that will stop what its doing and guess whatttt my forehead is still wrinkle free....i am so happy that i discovered this product! highly recommended!!!!!! although its a bit expensive though but if i ever ran out of it i will still repurchase it again:)

rated 5 of 5 on 1/16/2014 4:07:00 AM More reviews by lagomorph

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I just use Nexcare tape, or the Rite Aid knock off of Nexcare, both work well. I've never tried Frownies but didn't know where to put this review. I make an upside down triangle with several layers of the tape and place it between the eleven lines on my forehead. Smooth the skin a bit before you lay the tape on your skin. It absolutely works for this one area but you have to use it at least every other night to make a difference. Not terribly sexy if have an SO. It also gives you an idea of what Botox would look like if you're considering it.

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 1/12/2014 3:07:00 PM More reviews by Sweetpea7r

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I am 42 yrs old with the 11's prevalent between my eyes. (Apparently I like to squint a lot.) I bought the Frownies with high hopes of making my 11's less noticeable, especially after reading the good reviews. Unfortunately. No such luck for me. They did not perform as advertised and I saw very little change in my 11's, at least in my experience with them which is why I only gave a 2. In addition, they did not adhere as tightly as should in order to keep the skin stretched during sleep. I do have oily skin so this may only be a problem for those of us with that skin type. I have started to use first aid tape, stretched between my brows, with better results than I had with the Frownies. Unfortunately, there is no miracle after my squinting for so many years & the 11's do come back, but I actually find the results of the first aid tape to be better than the frownies.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/3/2013 8:24:00 AM More reviews by alison_k

I read a review of these from a woman in her late 50's who said that she had no forehead lines because of these. I often wake in the night squinting or furrowing my brow for no apparent reason, so I thought that wearing these while I sleep would be the answer to my fine lines.

They are such a simple product, brown paper triangles with adhesive on one side, that it seems strange to me that it would work. However, when applied correctly, they really do stop the facial muscles moving and thus causing lines to appear over time. I have forehead wrinkles beginning to show, and Frownies really helped them to look softer and be a lot lese noticeable. The 11 lines between my eyes are also mostly gone now, although I have stopped using them for a while due to treating some dark spots on my forehead. I do expect these lines to come back eventually, but so far my skin is smooth.

There are a couple of things that would prevent me from giving these a 5 star review though. Firstly, they are painful to remove. You are supposed to soak them before peeling off gently, but the water won't penetrate every part of the triangle so you end up peeling up the edges gently and then yanking the whole thing off. I wonder whether this will affect the elasticity of the skin over time?

Secondly (and this is just a minor point), you are left with triangular lines from the edges of each Frownie where these have been placed on your face. Yes these do fade within a few minutes to an hour, but are really unsightly.

Finally, the most important drawback for me, wearing thick anti-wrinkle creams or serums underneath affect how these stick. I wear tons of products on my face (and right where I would add a Frownie I have 2 huge age spots meaning I apply additional serums) and adding a Frownie to the top is impossible as the adhesive will not stick for any length of time. The literature in the Frownie box suggest waiting an hour after applying any night cream, but even that isn't long enough. So I have the option of wearing a Frownie and carefully applying a serum around it, or just applying the serum and no Frownie.

So although I think these are great, I am not sure whether they would be a permanent part of my routine. Yes they work to stop the muscles moving, but there are too many downsides for me to consider this product anything other than a once-in-a-while treatment. Unless my age spots vanish in which cast I am stocking back up on Frownies and using them religiously!

I do really recommend these, they are worth a try, and they are also quite cheap.

8 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 8/31/2013 9:08:00 AM More reviews by Thunderblitz

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I've been using these for several months between the eyebrows and they really help re-train that corrugator muscle, so that my eyebrows don't pull together. I'm not that old, but when you spent a lot of time concentrating over difficult work for far less compensation that what you deserve, this is what happens. By the way, a good way to judge the intelligence of anyone over 30 is whether their eyebrows have that pulled together look, and/or 11 lines. Your average bimbo, male or female, won't have that (unless the person has had botox). When you reach 50 and don't that have that, that truly means you really haven't thought about much about anything in your life.

I have no problem taking this off in the morning, because most of the time my little rescue cat does it for me. While I'm lying in bed and just opening my eyes, she creeps up to me to greet me, and then with a quick painless nip, the frownie is gone. Easy.

14 out of 26 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/10/2013 6:55:00 AM More reviews by Licha

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have been using the forehead/between the brows for over 5 years and my very pronounced '11' is gone. Completely. I do use them religiously. Of course there have been the occasional night in the past 5 years that I was not able to or forgot to wear them. At first if I skipped a night, there would be a faint '11' that would appear. But after years of use, not a crease in sight if I skip. I have also noticed during the day I no longer frown in between my brows like I used to when talking, reading, etc... They really do 'train' your facial muscles. The price is very reasonable considering how many you get and that they actually work!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/20/2013 10:31:00 PM More reviews by Janetw86

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have used these for years. They work but you have to be diligent and use them nightly. For such an inexpensive ' gimmicky' sort of thing, they are amazing. If you use them religiously, they truly can retrain you from using those muscles. I love them ! They have kept me from getting " in between the eye" frown lines so far.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/9/2013 8:47:00 AM More reviews by pinkaboolilly

when did these get so expensive?? I remember seeing that chick from Thomas crown affair and she said she had been using them for years and they only cost like a dollar a box at the drug store when they asked her how she looked so young still. then they kinda exploded in popularity and went to 20 bucks a box? is that what happened? or did she have the price wrong all along??

4 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No