Bourjois Rouge Edition Velvet

4.1

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I bought two colours:
Grand cru - deep burgundy red (it looks a lot darker in the tube though)
Frambourjoise - a soft raspberry pink (it looks intimidating in the tube but it looks so much nicer on lips)

Grand cru has a horrible eye watering smell to it, only when the tube is open its fine once it's applied, it smells very chemical like. It's a beautiful colour, the depth of the red can be built up (it does take some time though). I found it applied patchy and I needed to dip about 6 times to get the colour seen in the tube (and to make it even). Some of the reviews describe the lipstick as long lasting although this wasn't the case for me, within an hour it had began to fade, it dried up on my lips and began to crumble off (I have had this problem with some liquid lipsticks though so that may be a result of my lips with the formula). I found it easily transferred onto glasses but that's not too much of a problem as it can be reapplied. The velvet texture is really nice and smooth, this texture though didn't last long for me. I have only been using the product for about 5 days though so I will most likely keep trying it till I get it to work for me. I also tried using a range of lip balms under it: eos, Vaseline and a Chapstick, for me none really prevented the drying but eos worked best for me with this product.

The smell of frambourjoise isn't anywhere near as bad as Grand cru although it still has quite a chemically smell. This lipstick didn't dry out on my lips and it remained velvet. I found it wasn't long lasting (about an hour) but it's easy to reapply. For me I'd need baby wipes to reapply as going over it with more colour makes your lips that typical sickly pink colour that I don't find personally flattering. But to begin with its a beautiful soft almost Spring type colour of pink. I find it compliments my skin well but I think this would look beautiful on any skin tone it would really compliment anybody. I also used this with and without eos lip balm and I wouldn't wear it without eos again, that made it drying for me. It's not my favourite ever lip product but I will use it fairly often.

longlasting and pigmented for me

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

I have this in 04 Peach Club. It's a beautiful, warm, coral pink with a tinge of red. You can build up opacity, and I find it's best to apply in two light coats. Whilst I find the colour to be gorgeous on my NC15-20 cool olive skin, I am not a fan of the formula. It dries down matte but it does not set, so the formula is prone to moving. If you take a sip from a glass, you will see the colour transfer. If you eat anything - even if it is light - it will also transfer and rub off. The colour rubs off unevenly, and most of the colour is gone from the centre of my mouth. Not very attractive at all.

Another characteristic I do not like about this product is that it is drying and this is a very unforgiving formula. Your lips have to be VERY well-prepped and moisturised, otherwise every single line will show up after two hours or so. It's also quite pricey in Australia as it goes for A$24 RRP. I love the packaging - it's sleek and beautiful, but the formula just is not up to par. I will finish this, but I would not repurchase or recommend this to anyone looking for a formula that is vivid, long-wearing and comfortable.

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I love these. I have them in two shades: #07 Nude-ist and #01 Personne ne rouge. They go on very smoothly, have a gorgeous satin finish to them and stay on for ages (when they do wear down, I am never left with the awful "lip liner-like" ring around my mouth!). They also do not dry out my lips and go on smoothly over any existing dry spots. My only issue is that Nude-ist oxidizes into a much darker shade within 10 minutes of wear time; on my fair skin, it turns into a much darker berry colour, which is still beautiful, but is leagues away from a nude-y pink you see in the package.

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

I bought this mainly because I loved the colour - I was looking for a bright pink lip colour, and was really drawn to the Bourjois Rouge Edition Velvet in pink.

The colour goes on well, and is quite thick. Once dry, it pretty much stays put, even through eating and drinking (although it does come off on glasses, cups etc) - you may also get a bit of colour bleed if you haven't used lip liner. Generally though, the colour is long lasting and doesn't fade easily, so you don't need to keep touching it up.

The downside to this product is that it is very drying on the lips after a while. I noticed mine flaking after wearing all day (usually with one re-application). It can also be quite difficult to get off with micellar water or other makeup removers, and can stain.

I would buy it again as I love the colour and the fact that it stays put - it's also very reasonably priced.

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

I bought this in two colours of this matte lipstick at Shoppers as a pricier than normal gift for myself ($25 Canadian); I could buy a few other brands for much less that I find are better quality
It feels greasy on my lips, easily smeared, and the pigment seems almost inconsistent across my lips. The colour would be great if it actually stayed on smooth.
It also has a strong chemical-like odour, making me not want to wear it at all.
In the bottle, it looks absolutely perfect. But I just do not like it on my face.
08 Grand Cru Matte Finish feels very poor quality; 07 Nude-ist Matte isn't so bad, so I'm wondering if I just got a bad batch.
Regardless, it was not worth $25 and I would not purchase again.

After seeing my favourite beauty bloggers rave about this range and the amazing staying power so I decided to try.
I bought the shades Grand Cru, Plum Plum Girl and Don't pink of it on 3 for 2 at Superdrug.
I'm really disappointed.
Grand Cru is a beautiful dark red colour but the consistency is terrible and quite different from the other two. It's hard to explain but it doesn't apply evenly no matter what I try so I've never actually been able to wear it out!
Plum Plum Girl is gorgeous and looks so nice when it's newly on, but within a couple of hours it sits in the creases of my mouth.
Don't pink of it is not a good colour for me.

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I have this in 10 Don't Pink Of It!

I love the colour, the formula feels lightweight and silky on my lips. It lasts reasonably well.

BUT....it dries my lips out so badly, after 3-4 hours they are so arid they itch and only the thickest salve with sort them.

So unfortunately, although this is the perfect look and colour for me, unless I only plan on wearing it for an hour it's not worth it.

Love, love these liquid lipsticks. It is very matt as to be expected, the colour you can really build up depending on how strong you want it during the day or night. I currently have shade number 1 and 2. Number 2 is the first one i bought and I loved it straight away. Really long lasting too on the lips. Would like to try a few other shades too.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Other

I am pretty disappointed with these really all in all - I bought 01 (a red) and nudist and they are both such gorgeous colours. The first time I tried them I really thought I'd finally thought I'd found a Matte I can wear. They feel lovely when you first put them on and they are so easy to apply. Then it dries, and it feels really weird and dry, which I can live with if the staying power really was good - but I find they go patchy pretty quickly and start to kind of flake off. Topped off by the fact that they smell like a burning plastic factory - I'm not the biggest fan. The colours though are gorgeous and il still continue to attempt to work with the ones I've got. But a the search continues...

Recommended for Medium Skin