July 26, 2014 | 1880 users online

Lipstick - Bourjois - Rouge Edition Velvet

rated 3 of 5 on 7/19/2014 9:27:00 AM More reviews by lippiereviews

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have it in 07 nude-ist, and I love the colour. It's a rose-pink toned nude with a slight brownish hue, which I like.

The packaging is sleek, pretty and very sophisticated. It seems pretty sturdy. The applicator is a doe foot applicator and makes applying the product easy.

The product is like a lip cream with a matte finish. It smells like silly string, that artificial, pungent chemical scent which is a drawback. It takes up a bit too much product for my liking, so I wipe a bit off, as it gathers around the lip line when applying. It has almost opaque in one coat pigmentation, but I prefer to apply two thin layers. It feels like a slippery gloss at the start, but as it dries, it turns sticky every time you smack your lips together.

It transfers a bit of colour when drinking or eating, and I found that after eight hours of wear, eating and drinking, I ended up with the colour all around the outside of my lips, and my inner lips my natural colour. The matte formula is a bit drying to my taste, but I'm a lip balm kind of girl anyway.

The price. Bourjois is an expensive brand in itself, and in Australia, $25 is hefty for a 'drugstore' lip product. I know that in america, for $25 you can basically get two mac lipsticks. Overpriced, yeah? That's Australia for you. Thank goodness I got it for $10 on a sale, which is still like $5 away from a mac lipstick in US, but Australia's Mac lipsticks are 36 0.o Anyway, that is overpriced for a lip product.

Overall, depending on what you like, or prefer, it will depend on whether you like this product or not.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/8/2014 4:25:00 AM More reviews by Cosmiina

I first bough shade "Pink pong" which is a hot pink/fuchsia. I really lovelovelovelove that shade, it looks so feminine but still "something different". And oh boy it lasts! Once I apply it 10am and drank, eat, smoke several times and 16pm it was faded away but still looked nice. This lipstick (or lipstain?) fades really nicely, and bright shades are safe to use. Normally I would love to use bright lipstick more often, but I m too lazy to apply it often enough. This product is totally a lifesaver to bright lipstick-lovers like me!

I was so excited and bough a different colour few days after - Personne de rouge, which is very classic red. Unfortunately I was quite disappointed, because this shade didnt have that much pigment and it didnt last as long as the shade Pink pong. I would give 3 stars to red shade and 5 stars to pink shade.

Price in low, but unfortunately u cannot find brand Bourjois from Finland - altought it is the same problem with many brands.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/18/2014 2:43:00 AM More reviews by katmint

I really love this lipstick. I'm a bit of a lipstick junkie- I'm always looking for the perfect product that has staying power, doesn't dry the lips too much (a little is to be expected) and gives a nice matte finish, rather than a cakey, or shiny 'layer'. I find that most of my favourite lipsticks fail in one of these categories. This lipstick is amazing- especially considering the price. The colour is nice and strong, easy to apply and lasts forever. The finish looks like a beautiful tinted lip. I highly recommend it.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/10/2014 10:02:00 AM More reviews by vtomboy

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Great staying power, no staining, no drying our lips, high pigmentation and in a competiive price.
Isn't that all we want from a lipstick? Yes! And no.

Bourjois Rouge Edition Velvet has all the above. It stays for hours. And hours. It won't feather, it won't stain your glass of wine. Will it dry your lips? No, it really feels like velvet, I guess it has something like silicon in it, because you feel it like Benefit's Porefessional feels on your skin. And it's super pigmented. And for an average of 12 euros (lower than a MAC)? For all these, a huge yes.
But, would I buy it again? Probably not. And the reason is its smell.

I an really amazed how no-one mentioned it before, this product has a distinct industrial smell, almost metallic. I am almost never irritated by strong smells, but this one really needs improvement. It lingers for hours and you notice it immediately after removing the lid. Apart from that, the product is indeed amazing (hence the three stars).

But, unless I'm under the flu and can't smell anything, this is a no for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/21/2014 8:46:00 AM More reviews by maria91

I have this in Pink Pong and I would highly recommend it. It applies really nicely, it's incredibly pigmented (in this case I believe only bold colours would do), it doesn't bleed, and has a really good staying power.

I would definitely repurchase, although I do find that it's a tad overpriced for a drugstore liquid lipstick.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/20/2014 6:10:00 AM More reviews by bethanellison

so lovely, stays on really well!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/18/2014 11:54:00 AM More reviews by TinkyBlink

Fantastic staying power like I've never had. Nature of the beast means you do need to balm after a few hours but to get to that point you've done well! I love them and have it in 4 colours

rated 5 of 5 on 5/14/2014 9:25:00 AM More reviews by Lana1992

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I'm usually not a big fan of lipcolors, be they glosses or sticks. They feel weird and heavy, make my lips either greasy or dry, they tend to crack and they stain anything and anyone they come into contact with
These velvet lipstains however, are truely gorgeous. They have a lovely matte finnish and beautiful deep colors. I can drink a glass of water immediately after putting them on and biting off and NOTHING will show on the glass. The color doesn't stain, doesn't bleed and stays for a long long time.
And the best thing is that it doesn't feel like I'm wearing lipstick!
The only downside is indeed the range of shades, but I'll hope they will add more shades soon. I have the one in Peach Club, and although it isn't peach AT ALL, I do like the shade. I think I might get another one in Hot Pepper.
I do recommend!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/8/2014 3:01:00 PM More reviews by DPD

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I definitely recommend these. They are long lasting (and nothing lasts on me), non drying and they stay creamy until they go down to a stain.
I have 2 shades 01 which is a red similar to MACs Brick Lipliner and 04 called peach club. This does apply on me a soft red though and this is the lightest shade.

Ive been on the hunt for my perfect red and Russian Red is close but not quite. This is definitely my red.

I would take off half a star because of the shade range as there are only 6 shades.
Im going to see if I like the other red but I think that would look too bright orangey/red on me but would look gorgeous on a paler skin but especially a very pale porcelain skin. I might check on the other shades but I dontthink they are for me.
These are def the best matte liquid l/s Ive tried. Im only sad I spent 22 on the Hourglass Rouge Opaque which went funnynand bitty on my lips after a few hours.
I dont like sheer lip products and def nothing shiny or glossy and these are perfect

rated 5 of 5 on 5/3/2014 11:56:00 PM More reviews by Amadahy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I have this long-wearing lip colour in the shade 03 Hot Pepper, which is a neutral red (not blue, nor orangey). Red is a lip colour that simply won't go out of fashion, and there's good reason for this; it looks good on everyone. It's classic and timeless.
This lip colour goes on smoothly and dries to a matte finish. It claims to last for up to 24hrs, have a light texture and be extremely comfortable, and let me tell you, it really is light and comfortable, for sure. The whole 24hr lip colour thing is always a little (ok, rather more than a little) exaggerated if I'm honest, but this lip colour stayed looking good for around 6-8hrs before I decided to take it off and reapply. There's no need for lip liner either as this doesn't bleed, like a lot of red lipsticks have done to me in the past. It withstood me eating and drinking, felt really light, and most of all it didn't dry my lips out (a lot of long-wearing lip colours have a tendency to do this to me). It has become my favourite red lip colour, and I most certainly will be repurchasing this in the future. This is kind of a big thing for me as I am not a huge matte-lip colour fan, but this has certainly made it into my top 5 lipsticks.
(The pics I've uploaded are from my blog, so sorry about the writing on them - please just ignore it - I just wanted to show the product and colour!)