Bourjois Rouge Edition Velvet

4.4

on 7/24/2015 5:45:00 AM

oh. my. god. I LOVE IT!!
purchased it yesterday (06 pink pong) and put it on in the morning for work... now, 4 hours later and after having two cups of coffee and a big and greasy burger i was sure that i would only find traces of it on my lips when i looked in the mirror.. well, surprise, surprise!!! it looks the same as in the morning!!! :)))) i have no doubts that it will last for four more hours..
can't wait to purchase more shades :)

on 7/18/2015 5:28:00 PM

Hair: Silver, Other, Other

8.99 in Boots originally, but bought it in a 3 for 2 offer, I would pay full price for one if I found another perfect colour. After filling my hand with testers (about 9 shades, all orangey, pink, red, girly shades unfortunately) I ended up with ampeach colour, when in the bottle, but more orange on the lips - shade 04.
Small angled padded lip brush, typical Bourjois, easy swipe on application, goes perfectly because the actual product is really creamy, so it feels really soft when you apply it.
You can put on 1 layer, or you can pile it on for a more intense colour, its creamy enough to take the layering!
It lasts for hourrrrrrs, some days I don't even need to reapply it, but if you do, you can add on top of the dried formula without it becoming flakey/dry, it just feels a little heavier on your lips.
Definitely wanting to buy another shade, but the 1 red shade that suits my skin tone always appears to have a different consistency to the rest if the colours, in every shop I have tried it seems weaker & not as spreadable?

I bought the shade 'Peach Club' yesterday and I love it!
When it comes to lipsticks I usually like to buy either Mac or YSL because I've always been more than happy with the shades and textures etc and I have never until now been able to replicate this with a cheaper brand.
I particularly like the brush on this lipstick, makes application super easy! Great colour and staying power!
I'm going to order 3 more has it is 3 for 2 at boots at the mo.

on 6/27/2015 11:26:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

This product has a really big rave in my place. I tried to buy it once in the counter, even Sales Assistant made up a ridiculous rule. She told me that I can get Rouge Velvet only if I purchase it with another product. Come on, there's no such thing. It's not even a GWP product!

I refused to buy there and I finally found it online, the Peach Club one. I understand why it is such a rave. It has a really smooth texture, application is relatively easy, and the color pay off is quite satisfying. You will probably need to apply 2 swipes to get the best pigmentation and coverage, but I mostly use it as stain so I just swipe once and dab the product on the lips to smear it evenly. It feels really light on my lips, and I happily claim that this doesn't dry my lips. It dries quickly, so I think a quicker application is suggested.

Long-wearing? Yes. I took a sip of a cup of coffee 3 minutes after application and it didn't even leave a stain on the cup. After almost 6 hours with oily and spicy dinner, a couple cigarettes and a few drinks, it left visible (and acceptable) stain.

I find that the color changes after a while, but I'm not sure if it oxidises or it just fades away (which reveals a hint of my lips' true color). In the tube, it looks more like a medium coral pink that peach pink. I have purplish pigmented lips and when freshly applied, the color appears as bright reddish-orange. It does flatter yellow undertone and brings a nice contrast for medium skin (NC35). After a few hours, when it looks like lesser pigments stay, the color on the lips turns into rosy pink. Nothing annoying though.

While the price is higher than most drugstore lipsticks, but I find that you will be satisfied for what you're paying for. I would gladly buy them again (in another shade!).

on 6/18/2015 2:14:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I discovered Bourjois recently & I am glad I did! This is a unique liquid lipstick, it has amazing staying power! I have been out for dinner & drinks but this stays put. I have the darkest shade Grand Cru and Frambourjoise the berry pink which both I get compliments on every time I wear them. The formula could smell better but it is very creamy which is a plus. Like with any matte lipstick, make sure you use lip balm before! I can't wait for more shades to come out because these are affordable & have great packing!

on 6/13/2015 1:03:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I own the darkest shade and I'm impressed with its staying power. It lasts through an entire meal if the food is not too greasy. I've never owned a lipstick so durable before. It's true it's drying and tends to bleed so I don't give it 5 stars.

on 6/3/2015 4:31:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I bought 4 shade of this lippy in peach club, ole flamingo, nudeist and happy nude year.
not all of them makes me happy.

peach club - actually it looks more orange rather than peach. idk but this shade made my lips dry and lack of color pay off. i'm quite disappointed with this.

ole flamingo - bright deep fuschia. it's bold color that doesn't suit for daily wear. but pigmentation and lasting power is great.

nudeist and happy nude year - oh these my favorite. perfect for office, quite long lasting, but i found it drying sometimes, even though i used lipbalm underneath.

repurchase? yes for nudeist and happy nude year

on 4/25/2015 10:04:00 AM

LOVE IT

Stays all day, been wearing it religiously and I always get compliments everytime i wear it. I bought in shade frambourjois (no.2) a bright pink one but still okay tho. What I like about this baby bcs it survives lunch dinner snacks water and etc. I rarely wear liptick bcs I am to lazy to reapply lol, so this baby comes in handy. Also, it's not drying on my lips. I give it 4 stars because it has chemical smell, if you can't stand the smell don't buy it.

on 4/17/2015 4:17:00 AM

I love this product, it last all day even after eating food like a burger haha. Ill put it on at 7AM and have a full day of work, get back at 8:30PM and it's still on, not as bright as it was but there is still some product on your lips. The product can be quite drying if you have really dry lips but if u put a bit of lipgloss under or above it then I always find it to be ok. But you use the product in 2 coats so the first one goes on lightly as a base and then u build it up on the second coat. I would really recommend this product and I have done to my friends and they love it too. I'm going back today to buy another shade because its my favourite lipstick so far!

on 4/12/2015 5:29:00 PM

Although I love matte finishes, I hate the way they dry out the lips and settle into the fine lines. Not with these! I bought the shade 07 Nude-ist and it glides on like a dream and actually does feel velvety. It reminds me of the Collection Cream Puffs but more opaque and not streaky. I have found that this transfers but there is no obvious colour loss. This wears well and is comfortable on the lips, does not bleed and fades nicely, leaving a gorgeous, subtle stain. I took one lippie off because although I do love the colour, the name Nude-ist is misleading as this colour is a medium but quite dark pink. I also love the colour Don't Pink About It which is a lovely soft pink and perfect for this time of the year. At 8.99, these are a steal - especially because Boots almost always has 3 for 2 offers on.

Popular Lipsticks