February 28, 2015 | 1462 users online

Lipstick - Bourjois - Rouge Edition Velvet

rated 4 of 5 on 2/27/2015 1:37:00 PM More reviews by Gingercat77

I bought the shade "nude". At first when i applied it, it looked super bright and i thought oh no this is not for me, but after a few wears it really grew on me.
It does have a horrible chemical fragrance which is quite offputting. Plus the applicator has a tendancy to put too much product on and you end up having to wipe the excess off at the side of the tube, or take it off your lips.
But wow, the matte shades are super sexy and glamourous! And they last for ages and ages. I put mine on at 8 am and by 4, it had faded to a natural looking stain, still traceable and lovely looking. It feels light too, and velvety, not at all drying.
A very nice product indeed. It makes me feel good when i wear it.
( just a tip though- if you like intense, matte colours on your lips also try rimmel' s intense colour lipliner- doesnt last as long as Bourjois but the same intense effect at half the price -4)

rated 4 of 5 on 2/14/2015 1:42:00 PM More reviews by Marie76

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Gorgeous, aptly named, velvety texture. Stays put forever, and it's less drying than other long stay formulas. It dries matte and beautiful. Shades are interesting and wearable, I have nude-ist and franbourjois, but the range is very small, they should put a few more, perhaps softer shades out there.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/12/2015 3:20:00 AM More reviews by raluko

I bought this in a light fuchsia color called Ping Pong. I couldn`t wait to go home and try it, and once I opened the tube I almost passed out, I felt so nauseated. While the color looked pretty, the smell of vinyl?, fresh paint?, something rotten?, just punched me in the nose, and I really don`t have such a good sense of smell. It was so gross I couldn`t even bring myself to apply it to my lips, straight into the trash bin it flew. I would have returned it right away, but unfortunately I`d purchased it at a Sephora in Budapest and now I was on my way to Helsinki. Could it have been a defective product? I guess I`ll never know, but the experience has been bad enough to put me off this Bourjois range.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/10/2015 6:50:00 AM More reviews by Emmagrace273

I have in 08 Grand Cru , I love the colour and it dose feel like velvet on my lips, the only problem I have is applying it, I have to do it in small dots to get the colour because if I apply like normal lipstick, my lips turn a pinky sheer colour that is horrid. It's a good product but I don't recommend it for beginners in makeup x

rated 5 of 5 on 1/3/2015 10:10:00 PM More reviews by Crazy2015

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

Ping Pong (bright bluet pink) is the one I bought for summer. It looks amazing and when I wear it I constantly get asked about it. I wear it 2 ways. 1- thick lip liner then colour in the middle and blend it in. Great day time look. 2- double the layer and it's potent day or night. Lip balm is a must and the colour is as in the bottle. Lasts up 4-10 hours depending on the look you go for. Plus texture is lovely 😊

rated 4 of 5 on 12/15/2014 7:11:00 AM More reviews by fairplaytoyou

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this product! I gave it four stars because I've tried it out (I bought it specifically for an event which I'm yet to attend) but I can't comment on how long-lasting it is. I've tried other red lipsticks before and always been put off wearing the colour red because those feel so dry and look horrible. Also, for some reason I find others harder to apply, not sure why.

The packaging on this is so classy, it's really compact - really useful for touch ups and the brush applicator isn't too big which means it's great for those with thinner lips too. I bought the shade 'hot pepper', a really red stand out colour and loved it! It's great even if you're a first time red lippie wearer, because it just looks so good. It goes on wet/glossy as expected, but it does dry to a really nice matte finish. I assume with blotting it'll last at least an hour if not more, but I can't wait to try it out.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/2/2014 2:15:00 PM More reviews by jessicalaw97

It does feel like velvet on your lips. I bought the colour grand cru. It's a really deep dark red, and I was really disappointed because it goes on and looks incredibly grainy and weird when you swipe it on your lips. I tried exfoliating my lips and moisturising them and put it on again, exact same result. I honestly think I must have got a bad batch because everyone's reviews are so good. Luckily I got another shade which I can't remember the name of but it doesn't have the same grainy weird look, and it dries matte and looks really nice. I don't know much about longetivity because I haven't worn it out often but I did once and it was basically all gone when I got home but I was wiping my mouth a lot ha ha

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/16/2014 3:30:00 AM More reviews by galsunday

This is a liquid lipstick. It applies glossy but dries up to a matte finish. I purchased No 01 Personne ne rouge, a red hue with bluish undertone. Its a beautiful deep crimson red.

It did not last on me after meals and feels just like any ordinary matte lipstick. i had to re-apply. I didnt like the smell, like turpentine/thinner or something but it wears off. It doesnt feather for a matte lipstick which i find amazing considering it's a drug store brand!

I bought this in a 'Kiss and Wish" contest at a mall where you kiss a card with the purchased lipstick, write your wish and hang it on a xmas tree and there's a lucky draw in mid December. It was on discount plus the sales person gave me a lip make- over and some skincare samples, so no complaints there.

The color on the tube denotes the color inside. The lip gloss tube packaging and doe- foot applicator is typical for all liquid lipstick, which is the fad nowadays. Nothing fancy.

The pricing is ok for a drug store brand. I wouldnt re- purchase tho'. It was a spur of the moment feel-good splurge plus i hope to be the winner of the lucky draw contest and get my wish on the card, come true. Hehe!!

I would recommend this if ur on a budget.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/29/2014 7:45:00 AM More reviews by daphneegreengrass

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

I bought two of those, in 03 and 04. 03 is a bright orange-y red and 04 is a deep coral. I adore these.
They apply very easily and if you make a mistake, you can smudge the product off with your fingers if you're not too slow about it. The texture is velvet-y smooth and does not dry out your lips. The colors are really versatile and it lasts AGES. If you eat, you will need to touch up but most of it will still be there, in my experience.
These are just really good, long lasting and non-drying lipstick products. If you are looking for something discreet or like a tinted balm, or a MLBB, there won't be much for you here. The Rouge Velvet Edition lipsticks are all about statement colours made even deeper by the matte finish. If you're wearing it, you're committing to it!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/21/2014 1:52:00 PM More reviews by meglovesbeauty

Best red lip product I have ever used!

I'm not lying when I say I put this on at around 8/9pm before a night out and it is still just as bright and neat on my lips when I wake up as it was when I applied it!

This stuff survives dinners, drinks and lots of pouting!

My only reservation is that these are matte finish and I jumped off the matte band wagon a while, although I've still rated these a 5 as I've applied a clear gloss over the top and it has lasted just as well as it does without a gloss!

Oh, and I have a the bright red shade, I can't remember the number!