Bourjois Rouge Edition Velvet

4.4

on 4/25/2015 10:04:00 AM

LOVE IT

Stays all day, been wearing it religiously and I always get compliments everytime i wear it. I bought in shade frambourjois (no.2) a bright pink one but still okay tho. What I like about this baby bcs it survives lunch dinner snacks water and etc. I rarely wear liptick bcs I am to lazy to reapply lol, so this baby comes in handy. Also, it's not drying on my lips. I give it 4 stars because it has chemical smell, if you can't stand the smell don't buy it.

on 4/17/2015 4:17:00 AM

I love this product, it last all day even after eating food like a burger haha. Ill put it on at 7AM and have a full day of work, get back at 8:30PM and it's still on, not as bright as it was but there is still some product on your lips. The product can be quite drying if you have really dry lips but if u put a bit of lipgloss under or above it then I always find it to be ok. But you use the product in 2 coats so the first one goes on lightly as a base and then u build it up on the second coat. I would really recommend this product and I have done to my friends and they love it too. I'm going back today to buy another shade because its my favourite lipstick so far!

on 4/12/2015 5:29:00 PM

Although I love matte finishes, I hate the way they dry out the lips and settle into the fine lines. Not with these! I bought the shade 07 Nude-ist and it glides on like a dream and actually does feel velvety. It reminds me of the Collection Cream Puffs but more opaque and not streaky. I have found that this transfers but there is no obvious colour loss. This wears well and is comfortable on the lips, does not bleed and fades nicely, leaving a gorgeous, subtle stain. I took one lippie off because although I do love the colour, the name Nude-ist is misleading as this colour is a medium but quite dark pink. I also love the colour Don't Pink About It which is a lovely soft pink and perfect for this time of the year. At £8.99, these are a steal - especially because Boots almost always has 3 for 2 offers on.

on 4/12/2015 8:35:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

If you like bright matte lips super duper long wear hours, I'd say this lipstick is for you.
As far as any long wear matte lipstick goes, they tend to drying your lips and crackle. Not this one.

Bourjuis Rouge Velvet Edition has superb pigments, they're good in one swipe, or two at max and you have solid colour.
I only need to apply it 8AM when I off to the office, and it didn't budge even a bit. It only goes off at 9PM when I finally take off all my make up. Yes, they're that good. Although, they took a bit longer to set down, but I don't really mind since once it set, it stays there until you take it off. It survives eating from cute snacking to ridiculous 5-course-meal, drinking even an aerobic class (it was one time I forgot my make up remover when I go to the gym). I constantly licked and smacked lips, yet it stays there. Not to mention that I live in a tropical climate, and it didn't melt at all. I can't never forget how my office mates envy my always on-top lips all day long.

At the end of the day, when I about to wipe them off, I admit it is quite hard to remove. With Bioderma it took the whole cotton drenched in it pigment.
Also I recommend to regularly scrub your lips so any pigment residue won't darkened your lips. Beside, it didn't hurt to always prepare your lips, have it smooth so the next wear look perfect. Not that it is necessary because the product settle just fine in between those lines but I always find it settle best when I scrub my lips regularly so it is really really smooth (me and my obsession)

At first I content own 1 shade, Framboujuise ones, my favourite kind of red lipstick with pink undertone. Almost fuchsia in the slightest. This one I wear it on heavy rotation.
Then I regret it only buy one and plan to buy another two, Personne ne Rouge, the all classic true red which has this vintage old Hollywood glamour vibes and Peach Club which I'd say the wildcard of all. The name may say Peach but on me it is more like orange than peach. This one has the most difference between in the tube and on lips.
I fell too hard, so I need to buy another one so now I have 4 shades. The latest is Grand Cru, a deep-almost-wine-and-vampy-ish red. Grand Cru has more tendency to blotchy than the other three but easily fixed by swipe another layer quickly.

So matte lips lover, long wear lipstick worshipper, if you haven't got this lipstick yet, go run to your nearest drugstore and get this lipstick A.S.A.P!

on 3/23/2015 3:48:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

I have this in 2 shades and find both are extremely pigmented , even the nude shade has quite a bright initial application. It is matte , but it doesn't set on the lips so it does transfer and does wear off - like most lipsticks. It is drying and wouldn't do your lips any favours if you were wearing this every day but if like me you wear a different product every day you may find the dry effect manageable. I think this does look sophisticated once on the lips and I will certainly repurchase

on 3/20/2015 2:39:00 PM

I find this very drying. It looks good for about two minutes then it seems to shrivel up and separate on my lips, turning from a plush velvet finish to a patchy mess. It's tolerable with balm on top but then it's not velvet or matte. I do have dry lips though so
YMMV. On the plus side it's easy to apply.
I prefer laura mercier lip paint though it's nearly x3 the price.
EDIT: shade 07, a pink nude makes for a nice matte but not dry-looking cream blusher. You only need a spot. It blends well, but work fast!
10, an orange red also works as blush but a little harder to blend. Do not use too much, once it's on there is no going back.
Finish as a blush is very natural but still "there".
So, Iíve gone from 2 stars to 3 because at least now I see myself using these.

I picked this up on a whim as was an offer of 3 for 2 and I needed 2 things.

So glad I did, I normally avoid matte or long lasting lipsticks as I find them very drying but I love how this feels on. No cracking or piling at all.

I bought 08 Grand Cru, it's a gorgeous rich red, the formula seemed quite strane when i first applied it was blotches of colour and rest sheer but once i slowed down and applied another layer it real was a lovely matte velvet very pigmented colour. I've had several comments in the few hours i've been wearing it.

I've just had lunch, soup and fruit smoothie and it had come off in the middle of my bottom lip a little, not much and probably not noticeable if i wasn't looking for it.

I'll be looking to see what other colours might suit me as I'm delighted to find a matte lipstick i can wear.

on 3/18/2015 1:36:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

Fantastic lipstick Love it. Stays on all day . Loveeeee it. I have it in grand cru

on 3/9/2015 7:26:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Hands down the best lip product formula i have ever used.

The rouge edition velvets apply like a thin, sheer gel but can definitely be layered plus there is plenty of playing time before they dry down. Although these have a somewhat sheer appearance they are very pigmented.
This product last longer that any formula i have tried but feels hardly noticeable on the lips, especially compared to other lip stains which can be extremely drying and uncomfortable.

I want a lip product that can last through eating a steak and drinking a few pints and this does that! I get up to 10 hours wear (with eating and drinking).

This product comes in a square clear tube with a slanted, flat doe foot applicator and with 8ml of product. The lipstick is easily visible through the plastic and the lid is also the colour of the shade.
The colours in the range include four reds, both cool and warm, two bright pinks, a peach and two mauvy/pink nudes.
I own the entire range (9) except for the darkest colour 'grand cru' which i found applied patchy and 'happy nude year' which is hard to find where i live.

The only negatives about this product are that the shade range is quiet small and a few of the colours are quiet similar, it would be great if the range included a purple, a coral, a plum or maybe an orangey shade.

Some people also do not like the smell, i would describe it as sort of like a dried/stewed fruit smell, not candy or fruit sweet but more of a cooked fig/prune scent. I like the smell but i know many people that do not like it.

These retail in store for $24 in Australia but you can sometime get them on sale for $10-$14 and they can also be bought online for a similar price. This may see expensive for a drugstore liquid lipstick but the formula is so great i would easily pay $50.

on 3/6/2015 1:34:00 PM

I absolutely love these lipsticks and I have them in almost every colour! It applies with a slight sheen allowing you to correct any mistakes and dries to a nice matte finish. I find these to be extremely long lasting and not overly drying on the lips. I love the shade Nude as an everyday colour and often get people asking what lippie im wearing. I generally apply in the morning, lunch and possibly after work and the colour stays bright. Some of the red shades are fab for a night out and I dont find that these fade as fast when drinking.

Basically I cant get enough of these and I would highly recommend.

Popular Lipsticks