September 21, 2014 | 1639 users online

Blush - Amazing Cosmetics - Cinnamon Spice (Shimmer)

rated 5.0(1 review)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/31/2014 4:24:00 PM More reviews by countrybearjamboree

Obsessed with this blush! I was on a mission to find a warm toned unique blush shade. Okay, so that is fine but try finding one that doesn't contain bismuth oxycloride! I'm one of the lucky ones that gets hives from bismuth. i do love the effect bismuth gives but I can't handle it. My fun little mission turned into a big frustrating headache. I searched Sephora, JCP Sephora, Nordstrom, Macys, CVS, Walgreens and ended up at Ulta. After reviewing ingredient list after ingredient list, I spotted a shade at Ulta that I couldn't resist. I'm not familar with the brand Amazing Cosmetics and I tend to overlook their display at Ulta. But, today was different. I studied every single blush in the store. When I laid my eyes in Cinnamon Spice, I fell in love. This shade is what I was looking for! This blush is very dimensional. It is almost what I would call duochrome. If you swatch this on your hand and move it around, it looks cinnamon/coppery or magenta/pink. It does contain a lot of shimmer but even on my oily skin, it looks more like a glow. It doesn't look like cheap drugstore shimmer. There are no sparkles or glitter in this. After playing around with it, I choked up the courage to read the ingredients. I assumed this would also have Bismuth Oxycloride, but it doesn't. In fact, this shade contains no ingredients that would upset my skin. However, some shades in this line contain different ingredients but none contain Bismuth. As for the pigmentation? It has decent pigmentation but it is buildable. The shade looks very dark in pictures but irl, it isn't that dark.