Bobbi Brown Skin Foundation Stick

3.6

Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Cetyl Dimethicone, Polymethylsilsesquioxane, Beeswax, Ozokerite, Euphorbia Cerifera (Candelilla) Wax, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Talc, Octyldodecanol, Caprylic/Capric/Myristic/Stearic Triglyceride, Silica, Propylene Glycol Laurate, Tocopherol, Squalane, Pentaerythrityl Tetra-di-t-butyl Hydroxyhydrocinnamate. May Contain: Mica, Iron Oxides, Titanium Dioxide.

on 4/20/2015 9:41:00 PM

I used the old version before it was discontinued and have continued to use this new and improved version called the Skin Foundation Stick. This foundation is easy to use and apply, blends flawlessly, gives me enough coverage but doesn't look fake or overly made-up. I love love love it, just as much as the previous version which Bobbi discontinued and then released this. I think I've been wearing this foundation (old version and new version) for about 8 years combined? I cant even recall when I first bought it but I love it so much and can't imagine anything better (and I looked very hard across many brands when I settled on this product 8 years ago - but why look again now and fix something that isn't broken?). This foundation is world-class in every regard. Thank you so much Bobbi!!

on 4/5/2015 10:06:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

I recently picked up a Bobbi Brown skin foundation stick at Blue Mercury in NYC. I am very fair (dark blonde hair with blue eyes) with a slight pink tinge to my complexion. The shade that was best for me was Alabaster. This will change slightly during the summer, maybe by two shades at the most, and then I wear either Bobbi Brown tinted moisturizer or the similar product made by Trish McEvoy, which I prefer.

So, Alabaster is a good match for me, except when I hit a dry patch. You must exfoliate and moisturize your skin completely. If you have a lot of dry skin, then this foundation is not for you given its propensity for clinging to dry patches.

Otherwise, it's a great foundation. The stick form is genius. I simply place it where it I need it (nose, chin, and forehead), and blend with my Trish McEvoy #55 brush, which works great. The stick fits like a charm into my Trish McEvoy Planner.

Convenience, simplicity, and a broad range of colors are all great reasons to choose this product!

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

First of all this product retails for SGD$68 at Bobbi brown counter in Robinsons, Singapore.
So yes it is quite pricey.
I kind of have a love hate relationship with this.

Pros
It is easy to blend
Easy to apply (with a foundation brush is good)
Creamy and consistent
Comes in many shades
Fun to apply
Doesn't look like cakey
Has a natural skin like finish

Cons
I am a girl with oily skin so even with a primer, at the end of the day my skin was oilier than usual. I tried using the Urban Decay make up setting spray after apply the foundation and I guess it helped a little. I had to blot my face with a tissue at certain times of the day to prevent my face from being overly oily.

But I look forward to experimenting more with this to control the oil on my face. I truly believe in this product and I will not give up on this simply because it has made putting on foundation really fun and not a chore. Thumbs up to Bobbi!

This will be especially great for those girls with less oily skin. May you have a great make up experience.

on 3/30/2015 12:12:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

I am Indian and have yellow undertones so it was love at first sight for me. But after using it for more than 10 hours I hate it. It breaks down easily and looked bad at the end of the day. It has a dewy finish. Not good for oily skin types. I am close to nc44 but more yellow. The shades I got are warm honey and golden honey. I have swatches and a whole review on my blog: http://wp.me/p3ByuH-vx

on 3/28/2015 12:06:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

Whilst some people praise this foundation like crazy, I think that whilst it's good it's not totally worth the money! I have the foundation stick in 2.5, and I'm about an NC20/25 and I do love a light make-up look, and to be fair to Bobbi, this foundation stick does give a light but buildable coverage and I can't fault that. However, it's pretty tough to blend seamlessly and whilst the finish is sort of satin but more dewy, it does cling to any dry patches. The shade range however is fabulous and I do think this is a good, albeit pricey staple. Not to sound biased, but if anyone reading this is looking for a light make-up look that lasts longer and is easier to blend (but worse colour range) try the NARS tinted moisturiser! I will probably use this foundation stick for warm summers and casual days (where I'm not out for over 5 hours and I'll mostly be by the pool!) A pretty good foundation, but the price and poor bleeding for me and poor staying power meant that it's not a favourite but I may consider buying it again when I have more money as possibly a contour or a concealer!

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

It was the very first bobbi brown product that I bought. I was wearing no make up at all and I look so dull. When my friends asked me to accompanied them to bobbi brown's counter, I was just trying to put this foundation on to cover my non make up face. To my surprise, my face instantly brighter and covered. even my friends were astonished seeing me. So I instantly in love. I am using the stick in shade warm sand. and yes it is so pricey but I dont care. it is easy to apply and blended well with just a little effort. afterwards, I cant help but buying this branded make up.

on 3/25/2015 3:19:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

I bought this in shade 2.25 cool sand and it is a beautiful match for my NC15-20 skintone. I apply it by putting a couple of stripes on my face and blend it out with a RT stippling brush, or RT expert brush if I want a little more coverage. This is supereasy, the texture blends so smoothly and even, I actually really enjoy the process of applying this! The coverage is sheer but buildable and it has a dewey finish which I love, it looks very natural, even in harsh daylight. I like the way it feels on my skin, it feels very light, it's not drying at all and leaves my skin feeling soft and smooth. It doesn't last very long, but with some powder on the t-zone it will get me through 4 to 6 hours, depending on weather circumstances and activitylevel, ofcourse. I usually take it with me if I wear it, it is easy to bring along and perfect for touch ups. Wouldn't recommend it for a night of clubbing though, but such an occasion doesn't need a natural-in-daylight-look anyway. Another downside to the product is the way it clings to dry flakes. That combined with the sheer finish makes this my favourite on good skin days, but on bad days with a lot of dry patches and flakes my skin looks even better without foundation than with this one. And, just like all Bobbi products, it is kinda pricey. But still 4 lippies, because it is so beautiful! I will definately rebuy it, even if I can only use it on good skin. I'm just totally in love with it on those days :)

on 3/22/2015 8:16:00 PM

I love how easy it is to use. I love the color....really a good match. Not thrilled that there's no SPF. But I could forgive the lack of sunscreen, if only it had staying power....which it doesn't.

on 3/22/2015 7:30:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I've used Bobbi Brown since 1997 but recently been really disappointed with a lot of products. The powder eyeshadows seem to be patchy and hard to blend, the cream eyeshadow sticks have no lasting power compared to Laura Mercier and the blush textures also seem very cheap and powdery. I've been testing lots of foundations as I want a new one as spring is now here, and I was colour matched to this foundation yesterday. I used to use the old formulation so was looking forwards to trying this incarnation. Well. Although the colour matched (Warm Beige 3.5) was 'OK' (nothing special) I then walked around the store for a bit to see how it settled in. After 10 minutes, I peered at myself in numerous mirrors around the store and saw that the makeup was just sitting on the surface of my skin, you could see it quite clearly -- looking kind of shiny. There was no meshing with the skin at all. And within 20 minutes...well two (two!) spots had erupted on my nose. WTH! That's crazy. I've never had that kind of reaction before. So, I didn't buy and it's kind of put the nail in the coffin of my relationship with Bobbi Brown.

I bought this from Sephora not too long ago, and had been planning on using it as a highlight stick after the lady at Sephora practically shoved it down my throat. A lot of people seem to love this product, but on my face it seems cakey and just sits on top of my skin - no matter how little I use, what moisturizer, primer or lack-there-of I use. No matter if I apply it with a brush, a sponge, my fingers, or directly from the stick and then blend. It just ends up being very obvious and cakey. I'm not sure if I maybe just got a bad stick. I will use it up but for $44, I won't be repurchasing or recommending.

Popular Stick Foundations