July 28, 2014 | 1951 users online

Stick - Bobbi Brown - Skin Foundation Stick

rated 3 of 5 on 7/25/2014 5:42:00 PM More reviews by CStuartMonteith

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I read so many good things about this foundation. I have pale yellow toned skin with sun spots. This stick did not even lighten these spots, it is as if I was not wearing any foundation whatsoever. The texture is pleasant, it glides over the skin. I can imagine it looking good on perfect skin (but then if you have nice skin, most foundations would if they match your skin coloring.
I am usually warm sand, but I find the stick slightly lighter and duller at the same time.
If you have good skin, by all means, get it, but if like me your skin is not even colored, stay well away.
I have rediscovered Clinique's Perfectly Real makeup. It is a great foundation, and although it supposedly has a light/medium coverage, it covers my brown spot quite well.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/14/2014 4:10:00 PM More reviews by Jams19

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This foundation works well for my combination skin for summer and I honk would also work with moisturizer for winters dryer air. Easy to spot use for areas needed....I have a lot of redness and it works great on those area without looking heavy for mask like. Last through the day and comes off easily at end of day. Love how portable it is and gives a little more coverage than Bobbi's Skin Foundation.
Really like it. I wear warm sand in Skin Foundation and same shade was perfect in this formula! Don't touch my makeup all day using this.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/9/2014 9:07:00 AM More reviews by Kittenwhiskas

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I have combination skin with large pores / dry flakes and this foundation provided minimal coverage and yet made my skin look heavily made up and flat and dull.It also managed to pool into all my pores, and magnify EVERY dry flake. This also drags across the skin and you have to use alot of force to blend it. Its one of the worst foundations I've tried. The only saving grace was that it didn't break me out.

I normally love Bobbi Brown Products, I have the Bobbi Brown oil free tinted moisturiser which provides more coverage than this and looks very skin like, and does not pool into my pores or highlight any flakes either, so I'll be sticking with that.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/23/2014 12:36:00 PM More reviews by piccolamandorla

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I absolutely LOVE this stick! It's so quick and easy to use...I swipe it on the areas where I need the most coverage, even under eyes, and blend together with a brush (usually Real Techniques Expert Face Brush). I don't know how, but it manages to cover flaws and look like actual skin. I get a good 8 hours of wear out of it, which is great because I can't be bothered to touch up during the day (to note: it was 102F and humid the day I bought this). The only drawback is the price. Really, $45 is a pretty penny for one makeup item, but it does perform amazingly well.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/21/2014 3:18:00 PM More reviews by Scarlettte

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I have dry skin patches on my forehead. I had great hopes for this foundation but alas, it raised my dry patches like there is no tomorrow and seemed to "create" others that I didn't thought I had.

Very disapointed..... $55 down the drain.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/12/2014 3:52:00 PM More reviews by abfabjeanius

I've used all of Bobbi Brown's foundations at one point or another, and though I've liked some more than others, they always seemed to miss that "wow" factor for me. When Skin Foundation Stick came out, I sort of rushed to the counter to try it, and was matched to Beige. (Previously, I'd used and liked the old foundation stick, but had been matched to the old one in Warm Ivory, which is significantly paler and more yellow.) It seems like with Bobbi's new line-up, the colors have changed a little, so I would recommend getting re-matched.

Now, I tried the Beige a couple of times, but thought the color seemed a bit off, so I went back and was rematched by someone else - to Cool Beige (3.25), and it is the perfect match! (For reference, some other foundation colors that work for me are Armani Luminous Silk #5, Guerlain Lingerie de Peau #02, YSL Teint Touche Eclat mix between B20/B30.)

Application is a breeze; I do a couple of stripes down each cheek, on my forehead, nose and chin, and blend with my fingers. This is the perfect foundation to use when you're on the go because it is fast, and the container makes it portable. Compared to the old foundation stick, it is less heavy/greasy, and once blended onto the skin, I don't feel it or see it at all. The finish is, surprisingly, very skin-like -- neither matte nor dewy. Just looks like freshly washed and moisturized skin, if that makes sense.

There is no SPF, so I imagine this would work well for flash photography. For sun protection, I find this pairs well with Bobbi's SPF50 face base. The coverage is about medium. I needed a bit of YSL Touche Eclat to help my dark undereye circles, but the Skin Foundation Stick was enough to cover some minor acne scarring and hyperpigmentation on its own.

Also, it doesn't need to be set with powder, but I do use a little in the t-zone just because I have an oily t-zone. I find it plays well with Guerlain's Meteorites and Chanel Les Beiges to sort of give it a more "glowy" look.

I wish I could give this 4.5 lippies. The only reason why I didn't give it a full 5 is because I do notice that it does clog my pores if I don't wash my face extremely thoroughly (meaning with a wipe + cleansing oil + soap + toner.) I think because it is rather long-lasting, the foundation has a tendency to "stick."

Also, as the previous reviewer noted, I believe it does have silicone, so if you are allergic/sensitive, you may want to be careful.

Overally, very happy with this foundation, and best match I have ever gotten in a foundation color! I hope this helps, and good luck! continued >>

rated 1 of 5 on 6/11/2014 12:25:00 PM More reviews by lsjoy

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Writing this review is a painful experience for me...Years ago when I was looking for a good silicone free foundation, I found the original BB Foundation Stick in 6.5 Warm Almond. It was a blessing for my acne-prone skin. It provided good coverage, had a natural look to it, and it didn't adversely affect my skin. The only issue I had with it was the lack of oil control...I would need blotting papers after a few hours of wear. This was a small price to pay for a reliable foundation.
This weekend I purchased this foundation without realizing that it has been reformulated. A quick glance through the ingredient list would have stopped me in my tracks, but I guess I wasn't aware of the changes they made to the product. Why??? There are so many foundations chock full of silicones, Did Bobbi Brown really have to follow suit? I am sure there are many customers like me who chose this product specifically because of what it did not consist of, mainly silicones.
Anyway, I decided to try it and see how my skin responded. During the day of wear my skin did not get as oily as it would have from the original which was a plus. However by evening i could see the tell tale signs of those dreaded small bumps on my chin. I immediately washed and treated my face. I have really been progressing with my skin issues: no active breakouts,and diminishing hyper pigmentation. I do not want to go backwards so I will have to find something else. Very disappointing.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/9/2014 9:48:00 AM More reviews by xholly

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

I read up a lot on this product before I bought it due to the hefty price tag of £29 (luckily I have a Bobbi Brown pro card, which softened the blow!) and came across some very promising reviews.
When it arrived in the mail, I was keen to try it out straight away! I rushed upstairs in front of the mirror and applied it directly from the stick to my face (I bought this in the colour 'Sand'). It applied very smoothly and I was pleased with the texture - it really does look and feel like skin! The coverage is buildable, so it took a little while to get the fuller coverage that I prefer (not ideal for a full-coverage, quick, morning routine), but the finish is great. I got around 8 hours use out of the foundation, which is fine (this is with a primer underneath). It's also extremely easy to carry around in a handbag for touch-ups throughout the day.
My main niggle with this product is that it really sticks to any dry patches on the face, so I wouldn't recommend it to those with dryer skin.
Overall, I think it's a fabulous foundation and I will certainly purchase it again when I run out. Although I don't think I'd be as tempted without my discount!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/2/2014 4:06:00 AM More reviews by missmelsie

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I absolutely love this foundation!! It is perfect for the busy mum on the go, who wants to wear foundation but doesn't want to look too made up. A few swipes of the Skin Foundation Stick on my face and a quick blend with my Real Techniques Expert Face Brush, and I'm done! It blends really easily and quickly and the finish is so lovely. It's enough coverage to soft my dark acne scars but I still feel natural and it feels great - not tacky or sticky.

This foundation is really easily buildable as I've really coated it on for a full-coverage night out look, and it still looks great. The stick packaging is fantastic for touch ups and to carry around in your bag, and it's so convenient to apply it compared to pumps or tubes. Also, I've found that for every day, "no makeup" looks, it actually looks better without powder on the top.

I usually wear Bobbi's Long Wear Even Finish foundation, but this has definitely replaced it. It looks a lot more natural, it's a lot more buildable and far easier to apply than the LWEF. The downsides in comparison is that it doesn't last as long on the face and I don't think it's as good as controlling oil. I have a relatively oily t-zone which the Long Wear Even Finish could tackle (with help of NARS powder) but even if I powder my t-zone when using the Skin Foundation Stick, I still have to blot after a few hours.

Shade wise, I prefer yellow-based foundations, but the Honey shade actually suits me a LOT better in this formula than the Honey in the LWEF, even though it's meant to be less yellow toned.

I really love this stuff but feel I should give it 4 lippies because of how it doesn't control oil as well as the Long Wear Even Finish, and it doesn't last as long. But for a great natural look, that can be built up to a full makeup face, that's quick and easy, I will continue to rate this foundation highly.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/27/2014 7:58:00 AM More reviews by Mozart68

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Pros

* perfect glow -- not metallic, not glittery, not too much (IMO J Lo is too much)
* great texture, smoothes over pores but doesn't look cakey
* neutral color looks better for me than her typical yellows (but it's still not perfect for me)
* portable
* easy to apply with a brush or fingers

Cons
* too creamy (oily-looking) for me during the summer -- I'm saving it for winter
* I'm concerned about the staying power -- hope it's better during the winter

Probably HG for some people, however it will not work for my combo-oily summer skin living in Florida.