November 26, 2014 | 1809 users online

Stick - Bobbi Brown - Skin Foundation Stick

rated 4 of 5 on 11/24/2014 1:41:00 PM More reviews by cleotokos

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Wow, what a difference a proper shade match does!!! I was originally matched to Beige by a Bobbi Brown rep at Sephora. You would think this would give a proper match. I even mentioned I usually go for the yellow-toned foundations. I got this home and tried it every which way - thought it was positively awful as the colour seemed to match my imperfections instead of my skin!! All my redness was accentuated and I had an orange-ness to my skin, almost like when foundation oxidizes, but I knew the problem was the colour was off. Not knowing what Bobbi Brown considers "cool" or "warm" (as it's different from brand to brand, so annoying, cool is sometimes pink and sometimes yellow). Turns out Cool Beige is a PERFECT match for my skin (I'm NC 25). CAN'T BELIEVE this guy was on the fence about matching me to Warm Beige or Beige - this guy works for Bobbi Brown?! Warm Beige would have been an absolute nightmare. The only explanation I can come up with is that he was asian, and perhaps didn't realize that caucasians can also have yellow undertones?

Anyways, on to the product - it really does look beautiful on the skin. The only reason I give it 4 stars is I would consider it a light to medium coverage product. But it's got a beautiful finish, it may need some blotting midway through the day as it tends to get a little shiny on my skin. Those complaining about separation need to switch to a different moisturizer - a water-based moisturizer will cause an oil-based foundation to separate, and vice-versa.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/18/2014 4:31:00 AM More reviews by poogle17

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

I love the finish of this foundation. It looks very natural and the 00 Alabaster shade is perfect for my extremely pale, ghostly complexion so it's such a shame that I can't wear it. The terrible thing about this foundation is that is transfers absolutely everywhere! I can't change my clothes or kiss my boyfriend without getting it all over them because it simply doesn't set. Despite this, it is quite long-wearing but you'd have to be very careful not to touch your face throughout the day if you wanted it to stay put. That's the only problem I have with it as I'm generally really impressed with the finish, packaging and shade range but the transferring issue is just a deal breaker for me and for that reason I will not repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/16/2014 4:48:00 PM More reviews by smeepsmop

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I prefer to wear tinted moisturizer most days, but for those times that I want more coverage or to look really great in photographs, I picked up this foundation. I think this is a great option for people who aren't used to using and applying liquid or powder foundations because this can easily be blended with just your fingers. I enjoy that you can control the amount of coverage you get from it, and its easy to apply a bit more to just the areas that you need it. The color selection is great (as to be expected with Bobbi Brown) and the slight yellow tone helps to cover my rosacea/redness very well. The packaging is nice and makes this very travel friendly! My skin is combination/acne-prone usually, but the winter air is making my skin quite dry lately. I've found that this foundation, just like every other foundation I've ever tried, tends to cling to any flakey bits of skin, so proper skincare before applying is essential. The thing that wows me the most about this foundation is how much it looks and feels LIKE SKIN. I've never worn a foundation that has such a beautiful, natural finish as this one--I just wish it weren't so expensive :/

rated 2 of 5 on 10/30/2014 7:24:00 AM More reviews by Formerann83

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Had high hopes for this foundation but was left disappointed. Pro was the color match was perfect so if you are in need of LIGHT coverage with perfect match, this one is for you. I have oily skin with flaking due to sensitivity and this foundation showed every dry spot and covered very little of my rosacea redness. Not a fan. I need a smoother application foundation with more coverage.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/21/2014 3:36:00 PM More reviews by laviniatea

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I think Bobbi Brown recently updated the formula for this foundation. I think I purchased it in April and I honestly love it to death. It matches my skin seamlessly. It is a little yellow-toned, but it looks incredible in pictures. Its quite a thick cream formula, but you can blend it out for light coverage (I use my beauty blender) or build it up to full coverage. The only thing is that because it's a cream formula, it does feel a little greasy and you need to use a setting powder, but it will last for hours. My colour is 4.25 Natural Tan, love it so much. I think this would be really good for contouring if you had a deeper and lighter shade as well, but unless you have the money for it, it can be a little pricey. I think it is worth what you pay for it, personally. I will definitely buy again.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/19/2014 12:19:00 PM More reviews by Starone

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Silver, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've had this for several months loved that it matched my skin tone warm sand 2.5 and easy to use.Now the downside does not stay on! I've also had small bumps on my face.After reading other reviews I now feel that I am not going crazy thinking that this foundation is not working.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/15/2014 1:18:00 AM More reviews by luusk1125

This stick foundation was super smooth and easy to apply. It stayed on my face for only about 1-2 hours on my combination dry skin evnen with primer powder and setting spray. Made my t-zone really oily, seperated and pooled around my nose and chin. The rest of my face was dry cakey and oily. It made my face breakout in tiny little bumps under the skin. After removing it my face was irritated with red patches dry flakey skin.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/2/2014 6:08:00 PM More reviews by soakley123

I really wanted to like this stick foundation. I mean, it applies like a dream and feels so creamy and smooth and really does look like skin. The problem? It has zero staying power - probably the worst foundation when it comes to separation even with setting powder and primer. I also used a setting spray in hopes of holding it through 4 hours. Nope. Put it in my drawer of failed foundations.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/2/2014 4:59:00 PM More reviews by TBonita

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Love this foundation TO DEATH - 'skin' is right! I simply couldn't powder over it - the finish was just too beautiful. Like perfect skin. Not dewy or oily or flat or matte. On my not-too-oily combo skin it lasted most of the day until a light powdering was needed in the afternoon. I didn't even feel the need to put on bronzer blush or hilighter which I normally do unless just wearing laura mercier or nars tinted moisturizer. I am dealing with redness only - no major blemishes to cover. Did use my LM undercover pot on circles. I saw a goss vid on this and used like he did, painting stripes on my face (which is a fun and easy method btw) then buffing in with my sephora brush #45. I'd say it's a solid medium coverage. So easy and quick! I see it going fast though ... Much faster than a liquid would last so it may be hard on your wallet haha. I am a shade 3.5 warm beige, which is what I am in her long wear foundation. I wear MAC nw/nc20 and LM TM in sand (which is slightly dark but I can get away w it), Nars TM in Alaska. I cannot believe how non cakey, believable, and beautiful this foundation is. I'm a TOTAL foundation junkie. I've tried MANY of them. This has got to top them all. I have yet to try it in extreme heat. Doesn't exacerbate dry patches. Oh I did use primer w this: LM or hourglass or maybe a pore minimizer or illuminator (in the corresponding appropriate facial zones). If you have normal/combo skin you are MISSING OUT if you don't try this gem! No messy liquids! So easy! (Powders settle in every line and pore so they're out). So happy I found this.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/5/2014 4:10:00 PM More reviews by arieljocelyn

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

Okay, so I'm pretty torn about this product. The shade selection is amazing and even had the perfect match for my skin, which almost never happens with foundation. Additionally, the foundation applies very smoothly and easily, and is even easier to blend. In fact, it barely needs to be blended at all, and seems to effortlessly merge with skin to create the most natural-looking finish I've ever seen with foundation. It's almost uncanny how natural it looks. However, the bad news is that it wears away like nobody's business. My skin gets pretty oily throughout the day, and this foundation seems to slip and slide around on my face. (I could use a setting powder or primer, but I feel like that would defeat the purpose of the whole "extremely natural skin" look). The product also transfers like crazy. By the end of the day, my face almost looks like it had no makeup on to begin with (and not in a good way, but an "I just woke up and I have tons of redness and a few new zits coming up" way). This is unfortunate, because I really like this foundation. However, I would STILL buy it again because it is incredibly easy to apply, and is wonderful for those occasions when you just need to run a few quick errands and don't want to leave the house completely bare-faced. Most days, though, I just stick with my tried-and-true Mac Pro Longwear foundation or Kat Von D Lock-It.