Bobbi Brown Skin Foundation Stick

3.5

Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Cetyl Dimethicone, Polymethylsilsesquioxane, Beeswax, Ozokerite, Euphorbia Cerifera (Candelilla) Wax, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Talc, Octyldodecanol, Caprylic/Capric/Myristic/Stearic Triglyceride, Silica, Propylene Glycol Laurate, Tocopherol, Squalane, Pentaerythrityl Tetra-di-t-butyl Hydroxyhydrocinnamate. May Contain: Mica, Iron Oxides, Titanium Dioxide.

on 3/30/2015 12:12:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

I am Indian and have yellow undertones so it was love at first sight for me. But after using it for more than 10 hours I hate it. It breaks down easily and looked bad at the end of the day. It has a dewy finish. Not good for oily skin types. I am close to nc44 but more yellow. The shades I got are warm honey and golden honey. I have swatches and a whole review on my blog: http://wp.me/p3ByuH-vx

on 3/28/2015 12:06:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

Whilst some people praise this foundation like crazy, I think that whilst it's good it's not totally worth the money! I have the foundation stick in 2.5, and I'm about an NC20/25 and I do love a light make-up look, and to be fair to Bobbi, this foundation stick does give a light but buildable coverage and I can't fault that. However, it's pretty tough to blend seamlessly and whilst the finish is sort of satin but more dewy, it does cling to any dry patches. The shade range however is fabulous and I do think this is a good, albeit pricey staple. Not to sound biased, but if anyone reading this is looking for a light make-up look that lasts longer and is easier to blend (but worse colour range) try the NARS tinted moisturiser! I will probably use this foundation stick for warm summers and casual days (where I'm not out for over 5 hours and I'll mostly be by the pool!) A pretty good foundation, but the price and poor bleeding for me and poor staying power meant that it's not a favourite but I may consider buying it again when I have more money as possibly a contour or a concealer!

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

It was the very first bobbi brown product that I bought. I was wearing no make up at all and I look so dull. When my friends asked me to accompanied them to bobbi brown's counter, I was just trying to put this foundation on to cover my non make up face. To my surprise, my face instantly brighter and covered. even my friends were astonished seeing me. So I instantly in love. I am using the stick in shade warm sand. and yes it is so pricey but I dont care. it is easy to apply and blended well with just a little effort. afterwards, I cant help but buying this branded make up.

on 3/25/2015 3:19:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm

I bought this in shade 2.25 cool sand and it is a beautiful match for my skintone, I have never had a better match! I apply it by putting a couple of stripes on my face and blend it out with a RT stippling brush, or RT expert brush if I want a little more coverage. This is supereasy, the texture blends so smoothly and even, I actually really enjoy the process of applying this! The coverage is sheer but buildable and it has a dewey finish which I love, it looks very natural, even in harsh daylight. I like the way it feels on my skin, it feels very light, it's not drying at all and leaves my skin feeling soft and smooth. It doesn't last very long, but with a primer and some powder on the t-zone it will get me through 4 to 6 hours, depending on weather circumstances and activitylevel, ofcourse. I usually take it with me if I wear it, it is easy to bring along and perfect for touch ups. Wouldn't recommend it for a night of clubbing though, but such an occasion doesn't need a natural-in-daylight-look anyway. Another downside to the product is the way it clings to dry flakes. That combined with the sheer finish makes this my favourite on good skin days, but on bad days with a lot of dry patches and flakes my skin looks even better without foundation than with this one. And, just like all Bobbi products, it is kinda pricey. But still 4 lippies, because it is so beautiful! I will definately rebuy it, even if I can only use it on good skin. I'm just totally in love with it on those days :)

on 3/22/2015 8:16:00 PM

I love how easy it is to use. I love the color....really a good match. Not thrilled that there's no SPF. But I could forgive the lack of sunscreen, if only it had staying power....which it doesn't.

on 3/22/2015 7:30:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I've used Bobbi Brown since 1997 but recently been really disappointed with a lot of products. The powder eyeshadows seem to be patchy and hard to blend, the cream eyeshadow sticks have no lasting power compared to Laura Mercier and the blush textures also seem very cheap and powdery. I've been testing lots of foundations as I want a new one as spring is now here, and I was colour matched to this foundation yesterday. I used to use the old formulation so was looking forwards to trying this incarnation. Well. Although the colour matched (Warm Beige 3.5) was 'OK' (nothing special) I then walked around the store for a bit to see how it settled in. After 10 minutes, I peered at myself in numerous mirrors around the store and saw that the makeup was just sitting on the surface of my skin, you could see it quite clearly -- looking kind of shiny. There was no meshing with the skin at all. And within 20 minutes...well two (two!) spots had erupted on my nose. WTH! That's crazy. I've never had that kind of reaction before. So, I didn't buy and it's kind of put the nail in the coffin of my relationship with Bobbi Brown.

I bought this from Sephora not too long ago, and had been planning on using it as a highlight stick after the lady at Sephora practically shoved it down my throat. A lot of people seem to love this product, but on my face it seems cakey and just sits on top of my skin - no matter how little I use, what moisturizer, primer or lack-there-of I use. No matter if I apply it with a brush, a sponge, my fingers, or directly from the stick and then blend. It just ends up being very obvious and cakey. I'm not sure if I maybe just got a bad stick. I will use it up but for $44, I won't be repurchasing or recommending.

on 3/20/2015 2:06:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

I have been using Max Factor Panstick for about 20 years now and thought I would try Bobby Brown and MAC foundation stick. To my surprise the Max Factor is still better. They all have a nice creamy texture but the Max Factor has that bit better coverage without a heavy feeling. I don't find any of them had a heavy feeling on the face but felt that the max factor covers better so I didn't have to bother using any concealer. I apply with fingers or put stripes over face and use the sigma F80 to blend and then set with powder.

I have fair skin so the colours that suit me are:

Max Factor Panstick: True Beige
Bobby Brown Stick: Sand
MAC: N20
Estee Lauder Double Wear: 1N2 Ivory

Hope this helps!!!

on 3/7/2015 10:16:00 PM

This is my go-to. Covers everything except the dark circles under my eyes

on 3/5/2015 5:18:00 PM

Just bought this foundation stick in the shade sand. The colour suits me perfectly, and I have very pale skin. I find the ease of applying this incredible. When you're in a rush you can definitely rely on this stick. I apply it in stripes over my face, and then blend it in with a flat foundation stick (which I find works best). I do find that I have to build it up with another layer in some areas but like I said before, it doesn't take long. I usually set it with powder (eg bare minerals/Laura Mercier powder) - but only a little. The staying power is incredible - even without a primer! It doesn't make my skin oily, and doesn't make it too dry. The only thing I'm not sure about, is how much product there is and I cannot comment on how long it's lasted me as I've only been using it for a week. Hopefully will last a reasonable time as it's quite expensive! I would say, if you're hesitating about buying this, then just bite the bullet and go for it! Because even if you don't use it as a regular foundation it's useful and easy to carry around in your bag/pocket for touch ups!!!