October 21, 2014 | 2018 users online

Stick - Bobbi Brown - Skin Foundation Stick

rated 5 of 5 on 10/21/2014 3:36:00 PM More reviews by laviniatea

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I think Bobbi Brown recently updated the formula for this foundation. I think I purchased it in April and I honestly love it to death. It matches my skin seamlessly. It is a little yellow-toned, but it looks incredible in pictures. Its quite a thick cream formula, but you can blend it out for light coverage (I use my beauty blender) or build it up to full coverage. The only thing is that because it's a cream formula, it does feel a little greasy and you need to use a setting powder, but it will last for hours. My colour is 4.25 Natural Tan, love it so much. I think this would be really good for contouring if you had a deeper and lighter shade as well, but unless you have the money for it, it can be a little pricey. I think it is worth what you pay for it, personally. I will definitely buy again.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/19/2014 12:19:00 PM More reviews by Starone

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Silver, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've had this for several months loved that it matched my skin tone warm sand 2.5 and easy to use.Now the downside does not stay on! I've also had small bumps on my face.After reading other reviews I now feel that I am not going crazy thinking that this foundation is not working.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/15/2014 1:18:00 AM More reviews by luusk1125

This stick foundation was super smooth and easy to apply. It stayed on my face for only about 1-2 hours on my combination dry skin evnen with primer powder and setting spray. Made my t-zone really oily, seperated and pooled around my nose and chin. The rest of my face was dry cakey and oily. It made my face breakout in tiny little bumps under the skin. After removing it my face was irritated with red patches dry flakey skin.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/2/2014 6:08:00 PM More reviews by soakley123

I really wanted to like this stick foundation. I mean, it applies like a dream and feels so creamy and smooth and really does look like skin. The problem? It has zero staying power - probably the worst foundation when it comes to separation even with setting powder and primer. I also used a setting spray in hopes of holding it through 4 hours. Nope. Put it in my drawer of failed foundations.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/2/2014 4:59:00 PM More reviews by TBonita

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Love this foundation TO DEATH - 'skin' is right! I simply couldn't powder over it - the finish was just too beautiful. Like perfect skin. Not dewy or oily or flat or matte. On my not-too-oily combo skin it lasted most of the day until a light powdering was needed in the afternoon. I didn't even feel the need to put on bronzer blush or hilighter which I normally do unless just wearing laura mercier or nars tinted moisturizer. I am dealing with redness only - no major blemishes to cover. Did use my LM undercover pot on circles. I saw a goss vid on this and used like he did, painting stripes on my face (which is a fun and easy method btw) then buffing in with my sephora brush #45. I'd say it's a solid medium coverage. So easy and quick! I see it going fast though ... Much faster than a liquid would last so it may be hard on your wallet haha. I am a shade 3.5 warm beige, which is what I am in her long wear foundation. I wear MAC nw/nc20 and LM TM in sand (which is slightly dark but I can get away w it), Nars TM in Alaska. I cannot believe how non cakey, believable, and beautiful this foundation is. I'm a TOTAL foundation junkie. I've tried MANY of them. This has got to top them all. I have yet to try it in extreme heat. Doesn't exacerbate dry patches. Oh I did use primer w this: LM or hourglass or maybe a pore minimizer or illuminator (in the corresponding appropriate facial zones). If you have normal/combo skin you are MISSING OUT if you don't try this gem! No messy liquids! So easy! (Powders settle in every line and pore so they're out). So happy I found this.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/5/2014 4:10:00 PM More reviews by arieljocelyn

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

Okay, so I'm pretty torn about this product. The shade selection is amazing and even had the perfect match for my skin, which almost never happens with foundation. Additionally, the foundation applies very smoothly and easily, and is even easier to blend. In fact, it barely needs to be blended at all, and seems to effortlessly merge with skin to create the most natural-looking finish I've ever seen with foundation. It's almost uncanny how natural it looks. However, the bad news is that it wears away like nobody's business. My skin gets pretty oily throughout the day, and this foundation seems to slip and slide around on my face. (I could use a setting powder or primer, but I feel like that would defeat the purpose of the whole "extremely natural skin" look). The product also transfers like crazy. By the end of the day, my face almost looks like it had no makeup on to begin with (and not in a good way, but an "I just woke up and I have tons of redness and a few new zits coming up" way). This is unfortunate, because I really like this foundation. However, I would STILL buy it again because it is incredibly easy to apply, and is wonderful for those occasions when you just need to run a few quick errands and don't want to leave the house completely bare-faced. Most days, though, I just stick with my tried-and-true Mac Pro Longwear foundation or Kat Von D Lock-It.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/30/2014 10:47:00 AM More reviews by OMGURTEEF

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I got a sample of this from Sephora when it first came out because I was interested in testing the claims of how natural and skin-like the finish was supposed to be. I really didn't intend to buy it, which is probably a bit cheeky of me, but I was curious.
And they're right - the finish is gorgeous. It blends into your skin beautifully and gives you the appearance of a naturally flawless face. You're left with dewy-but-not-greasy skin and a lightweight finish.
But you're also left with blemishes. Seriously. My skin has not been acne-prone for a while now, but this thing leaves me with spots every time I use it.
Sad, because this is otherwise the perfect foundation.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/25/2014 5:42:00 PM More reviews by CStuartMonteith

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I read so many good things about this foundation. I have pale yellow toned skin with sun spots. This stick did not even lighten these spots, it is as if I was not wearing any foundation whatsoever. The texture is pleasant, it glides over the skin. I can imagine it looking good on perfect skin (but then if you have nice skin, most foundations would if they match your skin coloring.
I am usually warm sand, but I find the stick slightly lighter and duller at the same time.
If you have good skin, by all means, get it, but if like me your skin is not even colored, stay well away.
I have rediscovered Clinique's Perfectly Real makeup. It is a great foundation, and although it supposedly has a light/medium coverage, it covers my brown spot quite well.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/14/2014 4:10:00 PM More reviews by Jams19

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This foundation works well for my combination skin for summer and I honk would also work with moisturizer for winters dryer air. Easy to spot use for areas needed....I have a lot of redness and it works great on those area without looking heavy for mask like. Last through the day and comes off easily at end of day. Love how portable it is and gives a little more coverage than Bobbi's Skin Foundation.
Really like it. I wear warm sand in Skin Foundation and same shade was perfect in this formula! Don't touch my makeup all day using this.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/9/2014 9:07:00 AM More reviews by Kittenwhiskas

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I have combination skin with large pores / dry flakes and this foundation provided minimal coverage and yet made my skin look heavily made up and flat and dull.It also managed to pool into all my pores, and magnify EVERY dry flake. This also drags across the skin and you have to use alot of force to blend it. Its one of the worst foundations I've tried. The only saving grace was that it didn't break me out.

I normally love Bobbi Brown Products, I have the Bobbi Brown oil free tinted moisturiser which provides more coverage than this and looks very skin like, and does not pool into my pores or highlight any flakes either, so I'll be sticking with that.