March 1, 2015 | 1067 users online

Stick - Bobbi Brown - Skin Foundation Stick

rated 5 of 5 on 2/27/2015 6:39:00 PM More reviews by kattay

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I love this stuff. Except on dry skin. If your skin is dry, moisturize a bit beforehand because otherwise your skin will look really flakey and weird with this stuff.
Other than that, it's amazing. The color selection is what all foundations should be like. I got the lightest shade and it works perfectly for my skintone which is rare. It blends beautifully and looks natural. Paired with my Mineral Veil, it's perfect for every day.
The stick form is convenient for my bag for touchups and I don't have to worry about a possibly spill, only melting on a hot day. Just beware.
The price may seem like a bit much, but I've had mine since September and I still have a little more than half left, and I use it at least four times a week.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/10/2015 9:07:00 PM More reviews by ConradZimmerman

Bobbi Brown's famous skin foundation stick is a staple. Why is because it is so easy to apply and the shade range is very real and close to natural skin tones as possible. No more pink, beige, grandmother rose foundation shades that make everyone look sick, but true to skin yellow toned foundations that look like skin.

This texture of this foundation stick is essential cream to powder, so definitely not for those with oily skin. Combination skins' may get away with it yet they should not moisturize at all as it it would just be too many layers. For combination to oily, cleanse, tone, serum, sunscreen (around eyes too) then this on top would be fine. Then whose who are very dry to normal could layer serum and moisturizer then this on top. Spot coverage or apply all over but it really is best just to start from the centre out, dont feel the need to cover your whole face if you dont want to! Thats not what foundation is for and Bobbi makes this very clear.

Only use it where you need it. I find setting this with the pale yellow pressed powder can make things look crepey and chalky, even when only a little was applied, so if you can get away with not setting this then please do so. Or just switch to this stick only in the winter or when your just too busy to apply a liquid or any other texture. Highly recommend, everyone should have this in their kit! (P.S may highlight areas of dry skin and flaking, make sure to exfoliate well to avoid this) Most cream to powder, stick foundations have this unavoidable property no matter how much they reformulate the texture which this has been reformulated. Not as greasy as it once was.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/4/2015 10:17:00 PM More reviews by oingoboingoqueen

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Being a lazy gal, I find myself grabbing this product quite a few times a week. It is very easy to carry and apply. I use in Natural and find that it matches my skin perfectly. It glides on and blends perfectly.
It is a bit pricey, but a little goes a long way and the formula is long lasting.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/3/2015 8:18:00 PM More reviews by February_Starr

So far I am loving this foundation stick! I received a deluxe sample in a recent online order which I was skeptical about trying but ended up purchasing a full size tube after using the sample. Up until now, I've avoided creamy or oil based products on my combination/oily/dehydrated skin because I didn't want to add to the problem, but what I've learned is that these types of products can work very well on my skin type. In the past I would strip my face down with harsh cleansers and oil absorbing products, but my skin would usually react by producing even more oil. I've read claims that say oil combats oil and results in your face producing less oil, which is not the case for me. However, the creamy/oil based products aren't causing me to overproduce, so I'll take that! Plus, my skin seems more balanced now that I'm not overstripping it and is less dehydrated. Anyway, back to the foundation stick. I use the shade 'beige' and it's a nice match for my NC25/30 skin. It's a nice neutral golden shade without being too yellow as some BB shades are. The texture is very emollient and creamy but after blending leaves a dewy finish that looks like skin. The coverage is medium/full and can double as a concealer by adding another layer. I apply this directly on my clean face by swiping the stick in a few lines over my t-zone and blending out with either my beauty blender sponge or a fluffy concealer brush. After I finish blending, I work on my eye makeup to allow the foundation to 'set.' Afterwards I lightly dust and set the foundation with loose powder which helps to keep the foundation in place all day. I don't use this foundation everyday as it is a little heavy, but it hasn't caused any breakouts on my sensitive skin. The packaging is nice and I think the amount of product will last quite a while.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/29/2014 8:11:00 PM More reviews by kimmurs

I have combo skin and this is way too heavy/greasy feeling to use as a foundation! The consistency is very thick and moisturizing, too moisturizing if you have combo or oily skin - it will definitely make you shiny. Also avoid if you have acne prone skin as I suspect this broke me out a bit, the formula is way too heavy to wear all over the face anyways. I managed to find use for this as a concealer for dry areas, undereyes its not bad but there is a bit of creasing.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/20/2014 11:53:00 PM More reviews by handfulofgoo

I would not buy this again, I have dry skin and this only emphasized that. It works like a concealer, and does indeed cover my redness. However, it didn't last long and faded quickly. Love the stick concept, but I don't need to look like crepe paper.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 12/20/2014 3:36:00 AM More reviews by lovelyvenice

Well..I was so excited to buy this foundation, but honestly it really let me down. It does offer medium coverage. It does look natural and beautiful and leaves a natural matte finish-ONLY on good skin days. Have a blemish or dry patch? This stick accentuates it rather than concealing it. Thats where it lets me down. Because lets face it, good skin days are a miracle from the heavens that only happen like once a week (at least for me). So i can't really feel comfortable wearing this as an every day foundation.
Also, applying this is so frustrating and more time consuming than any other foundation-liquid or powder. After you streak your face up with the stick, spreading it out is a hassle. Its not that easy to blend with a brush, impossible to blend with a beauty blender (sheers out the foundation way too much), and applying with fingers definitely sheers out the foundation. Its just so complicated I can't deal with it when I'm trying to leave my house in the morning. Also, it breaks me out everytime I use it. Its just such a thick creamy consistency I feel bad for my skin everytime I use it since a zit always comes after.
SO, Sadly, this foundation stick is a no-go for me and my unperfect skin. I liked the concept though so A for effort.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/1/2014 10:09:00 PM More reviews by Raphaelachka

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Have been using this for two years now! I am on my third stick. Originally i was a 4.25 (Natural Tan) but it seems like since i have not been out much this past summer i am now a 4.0 (natural) and i am pleased to say that the color matches just as perfectly as the other one! This foundation has a creamy texture and i like to apply it either with my beauty blender sponge or my shiseido flat brush (both are excellent). The coverage is just what i need, as it covers some old spots from recent acne that is fading and corrects any redness. Blends very well with the skin. Of course the only problem is that it will run you about $45 per stick which is pricey but for this quality i will not complain!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/24/2014 1:41:00 PM More reviews by cleotokos

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Wow, what a difference a proper shade match does!!! I was originally matched to Beige by a Bobbi Brown rep at Sephora. You would think this would give a proper match. I even mentioned I usually go for the yellow-toned foundations. I got this home and tried it every which way - thought it was positively awful as the colour seemed to match my imperfections instead of my skin!! All my redness was accentuated and I had an orange-ness to my skin, almost like when foundation oxidizes, but I knew the problem was the colour was off. Not knowing what Bobbi Brown considers "cool" or "warm" (as it's different from brand to brand, so annoying, cool is sometimes pink and sometimes yellow). Turns out Cool Beige is a PERFECT match for my skin (I'm NC 25). CAN'T BELIEVE this guy was on the fence about matching me to Warm Beige or Beige - this guy works for Bobbi Brown?! Warm Beige would have been an absolute nightmare. The only explanation I can come up with is that he was asian, and perhaps didn't realize that caucasians can also have yellow undertones?

Anyways, on to the product - it really does look beautiful on the skin. The only reason I give it 4 stars is I would consider it a light to medium coverage product. But it's got a beautiful finish, it may need some blotting midway through the day as it tends to get a little shiny on my skin. Those complaining about separation need to switch to a different moisturizer - a water-based moisturizer will cause an oil-based foundation to separate, and vice-versa.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/18/2014 4:31:00 AM More reviews by poogle17

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

I love the finish of this foundation. It looks very natural and the 00 Alabaster shade is perfect for my extremely pale, ghostly complexion so it's such a shame that I can't wear it. The terrible thing about this foundation is that is transfers absolutely everywhere! I can't change my clothes or kiss my boyfriend without getting it all over them because it simply doesn't set. Despite this, it is quite long-wearing but you'd have to be very careful not to touch your face throughout the day if you wanted it to stay put. That's the only problem I have with it as I'm generally really impressed with the finish, packaging and shade range but the transferring issue is just a deal breaker for me and for that reason I will not repurchase.