January 30, 2015 | 1060 users online

Stick - Bobbi Brown - Skin Foundation Stick

rated 5 of 5 on 1/4/2015 10:17:00 PM More reviews by oingoboingoqueen

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Being a lazy gal, I find myself grabbing this product quite a few times a week. It is very easy to carry and apply. I use in Natural and find that it matches my skin perfectly. It glides on and blends perfectly.
It is a bit pricey, but a little goes a long way and the formula is long lasting.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/3/2015 8:18:00 PM More reviews by February_Starr

So far I am loving this foundation stick! I received a deluxe sample in a recent online order which I was skeptical about trying but ended up purchasing a full size tube after using the sample. Up until now, I've avoided creamy or oil based products on my combination/oily/dehydrated skin because I didn't want to add to the problem, but what I've learned is that these types of products can work very well on my skin type. In the past I would strip my face down with harsh cleansers and oil absorbing products, but my skin would usually react by producing even more oil. I've read claims that say oil combats oil and results in your face producing less oil, which is not the case for me. However, the creamy/oil based products aren't causing me to overproduce, so I'll take that! Plus, my skin seems more balanced now that I'm not overstripping it and is less dehydrated. Anyway, back to the foundation stick. I use the shade 'beige' and it's a nice match for my NC25/30 skin. It's a nice neutral golden shade without being too yellow as some BB shades are. The texture is very emollient and creamy but after blending leaves a dewy finish that looks like skin. The coverage is medium/full and can double as a concealer by adding another layer. I apply this directly on my clean face by swiping the stick in a few lines over my t-zone and blending out with either my beauty blender sponge or a fluffy concealer brush. After I finish blending, I work on my eye makeup to allow the foundation to 'set.' Afterwards I lightly dust and set the foundation with loose powder which helps to keep the foundation in place all day. I don't use this foundation everyday as it is a little heavy, but it hasn't caused any breakouts on my sensitive skin. The packaging is nice and I think the amount of product will last quite a while.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/29/2014 8:11:00 PM More reviews by kimmurs

I have combo skin and this is way too heavy/greasy feeling to use as a foundation! The consistency is very thick and moisturizing, too moisturizing if you have combo or oily skin - it will definitely make you shiny. Also avoid if you have acne prone skin as I suspect this broke me out a bit, the formula is way to heavy to wear all over the face anyways. I managed to find use for this as a concealer for dry areas, undereyes its not bad but there is a bit of creasing.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/20/2014 11:53:00 PM More reviews by handfulofgoo

I would not buy this again, I have dry skin and this only emphasized that. It works like a concealer, and does indeed cover my redness. However, it didn't last long and faded quickly. Love the stick concept, but I don't need to look like crepe paper.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 12/20/2014 3:36:00 AM More reviews by lovelyvenice

Well..I was so excited to buy this foundation, but honestly it really let me down. It does offer medium coverage. It does look natural and beautiful and leaves a natural matte finish-ONLY on good skin days. Have a blemish or dry patch? This stick accentuates it rather than concealing it. Thats where it lets me down. Because lets face it, good skin days are a miracle from the heavens that only happen like once a week (at least for me). So i can't really feel comfortable wearing this as an every day foundation.
Also, applying this is so frustrating and more time consuming than any other foundation-liquid or powder. After you streak your face up with the stick, spreading it out is a hassle. Its not that easy to blend with a brush, impossible to blend with a beauty blender (sheers out the foundation way too much), and applying with fingers definitely sheers out the foundation. Its just so complicated I can't deal with it when I'm trying to leave my house in the morning. Also, it breaks me out everytime I use it. Its just such a thick creamy consistency I feel bad for my skin everytime I use it since a zit always comes after.
SO, Sadly, this foundation stick is a no-go for me and my unperfect skin. I liked the concept though so A for effort.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/1/2014 10:09:00 PM More reviews by Raphaelachka

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Have been using this for two years now! I am on my third stick. Originally i was a 4.25 (Natural Tan) but it seems like since i have not been out much this past summer i am now a 4.0 (natural) and i am pleased to say that the color matches just as perfectly as the other one! This foundation has a creamy texture and i like to apply it either with my beauty blender sponge or my shiseido flat brush (both are excellent). The coverage is just what i need, as it covers some old spots from recent acne that is fading and corrects any redness. Blends very well with the skin. Of course the only problem is that it will run you about $45 per stick which is pricey but for this quality i will not complain!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/24/2014 1:41:00 PM More reviews by cleotokos

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Wow, what a difference a proper shade match does!!! I was originally matched to Beige by a Bobbi Brown rep at Sephora. You would think this would give a proper match. I even mentioned I usually go for the yellow-toned foundations. I got this home and tried it every which way - thought it was positively awful as the colour seemed to match my imperfections instead of my skin!! All my redness was accentuated and I had an orange-ness to my skin, almost like when foundation oxidizes, but I knew the problem was the colour was off. Not knowing what Bobbi Brown considers "cool" or "warm" (as it's different from brand to brand, so annoying, cool is sometimes pink and sometimes yellow). Turns out Cool Beige is a PERFECT match for my skin (I'm NC 25). CAN'T BELIEVE this guy was on the fence about matching me to Warm Beige or Beige - this guy works for Bobbi Brown?! Warm Beige would have been an absolute nightmare. The only explanation I can come up with is that he was asian, and perhaps didn't realize that caucasians can also have yellow undertones?

Anyways, on to the product - it really does look beautiful on the skin. The only reason I give it 4 stars is I would consider it a light to medium coverage product. But it's got a beautiful finish, it may need some blotting midway through the day as it tends to get a little shiny on my skin. Those complaining about separation need to switch to a different moisturizer - a water-based moisturizer will cause an oil-based foundation to separate, and vice-versa.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/18/2014 4:31:00 AM More reviews by poogle17

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

I love the finish of this foundation. It looks very natural and the 00 Alabaster shade is perfect for my extremely pale, ghostly complexion so it's such a shame that I can't wear it. The terrible thing about this foundation is that is transfers absolutely everywhere! I can't change my clothes or kiss my boyfriend without getting it all over them because it simply doesn't set. Despite this, it is quite long-wearing but you'd have to be very careful not to touch your face throughout the day if you wanted it to stay put. That's the only problem I have with it as I'm generally really impressed with the finish, packaging and shade range but the transferring issue is just a deal breaker for me and for that reason I will not repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/16/2014 4:48:00 PM More reviews by smeepsmop

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I prefer to wear tinted moisturizer most days, but for those times that I want more coverage or to look really great in photographs, I picked up this foundation. I think this is a great option for people who aren't used to using and applying liquid or powder foundations because this can easily be blended with just your fingers. I enjoy that you can control the amount of coverage you get from it, and its easy to apply a bit more to just the areas that you need it. The color selection is great (as to be expected with Bobbi Brown) and the slight yellow tone helps to cover my rosacea/redness very well. The packaging is nice and makes this very travel friendly! My skin is combination/acne-prone usually, but the winter air is making my skin quite dry lately. I've found that this foundation, just like every other foundation I've ever tried, tends to cling to any flakey bits of skin, so proper skincare before applying is essential. The thing that wows me the most about this foundation is how much it looks and feels LIKE SKIN. I've never worn a foundation that has such a beautiful, natural finish as this one--I just wish it weren't so expensive :/

rated 2 of 5 on 10/30/2014 7:24:00 AM More reviews by Formerann83

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Had high hopes for this foundation but was left disappointed. Pro was the color match was perfect so if you are in need of LIGHT coverage with perfect match, this one is for you. I have oily skin with flaking due to sensitivity and this foundation showed every dry spot and covered very little of my rosacea redness. Not a fan. I need a smoother application foundation with more coverage.