December 22, 2014 | 1807 users online

Stick - Bobbi Brown - Skin Foundation Stick

rated 1 of 5 on 12/20/2014 11:53:00 PM More reviews by handfulofgoo

I would not buy this again, I have dry skin and this only emphasized that. It works like a concealer, and does indeed cover my redness. However, it didn't last long and faded quickly. Love the stick concept, but I don't need to look like crepe paper.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 12/20/2014 3:36:00 AM More reviews by lovelyvenice

Well..I was so excited to buy this foundation, but honestly it really let me down. It does offer medium coverage. It does look natural and beautiful and leaves a natural matte finish-ONLY on good skin days. Have a blemish or dry patch? This stick accentuates it rather than concealing it. Thats where it lets me down. Because lets face it, good skin days are a miracle from the heavens that only happen like once a week (at least for me). So i can't really feel comfortable wearing this as an every day foundation.
Also, applying this is so frustrating and more time consuming than any other foundation-liquid or powder. After you streak your face up with the stick, spreading it out is a hassle. Its not that easy to blend with a brush, impossible to blend with a beauty blender (sheers out the foundation way too much), and applying with fingers definitely sheers out the foundation. Its just so complicated I can't deal with it when I'm trying to leave my house in the morning. Also, it breaks me out everytime I use it. Its just such a thick creamy consistency I feel bad for my skin everytime I use it since a zit always comes after.
SO, Sadly, this foundation stick is a no-go for me and my unperfect skin. I liked the concept though so A for effort.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/1/2014 10:09:00 PM More reviews by Raphaelachka

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Have been using this for two years now! I am on my third stick. Originally i was a 4.25 (Natural Tan) but it seems like since i have not been out much this past summer i am now a 4.0 (natural) and i am pleased to say that the color matches just as perfectly as the other one! This foundation has a creamy texture and i like to apply it either with my beauty blender sponge or my shiseido flat brush (both are excellent). The coverage is just what i need, as it covers some old spots from recent acne that is fading and corrects any redness. Blends very well with the skin. Of course the only problem is that it will run you about $45 per stick which is pricey but for this quality i will not complain!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/24/2014 1:41:00 PM More reviews by cleotokos

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Wow, what a difference a proper shade match does!!! I was originally matched to Beige by a Bobbi Brown rep at Sephora. You would think this would give a proper match. I even mentioned I usually go for the yellow-toned foundations. I got this home and tried it every which way - thought it was positively awful as the colour seemed to match my imperfections instead of my skin!! All my redness was accentuated and I had an orange-ness to my skin, almost like when foundation oxidizes, but I knew the problem was the colour was off. Not knowing what Bobbi Brown considers "cool" or "warm" (as it's different from brand to brand, so annoying, cool is sometimes pink and sometimes yellow). Turns out Cool Beige is a PERFECT match for my skin (I'm NC 25). CAN'T BELIEVE this guy was on the fence about matching me to Warm Beige or Beige - this guy works for Bobbi Brown?! Warm Beige would have been an absolute nightmare. The only explanation I can come up with is that he was asian, and perhaps didn't realize that caucasians can also have yellow undertones?

Anyways, on to the product - it really does look beautiful on the skin. The only reason I give it 4 stars is I would consider it a light to medium coverage product. But it's got a beautiful finish, it may need some blotting midway through the day as it tends to get a little shiny on my skin. Those complaining about separation need to switch to a different moisturizer - a water-based moisturizer will cause an oil-based foundation to separate, and vice-versa.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/18/2014 4:31:00 AM More reviews by poogle17

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

I love the finish of this foundation. It looks very natural and the 00 Alabaster shade is perfect for my extremely pale, ghostly complexion so it's such a shame that I can't wear it. The terrible thing about this foundation is that is transfers absolutely everywhere! I can't change my clothes or kiss my boyfriend without getting it all over them because it simply doesn't set. Despite this, it is quite long-wearing but you'd have to be very careful not to touch your face throughout the day if you wanted it to stay put. That's the only problem I have with it as I'm generally really impressed with the finish, packaging and shade range but the transferring issue is just a deal breaker for me and for that reason I will not repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/16/2014 4:48:00 PM More reviews by smeepsmop

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I prefer to wear tinted moisturizer most days, but for those times that I want more coverage or to look really great in photographs, I picked up this foundation. I think this is a great option for people who aren't used to using and applying liquid or powder foundations because this can easily be blended with just your fingers. I enjoy that you can control the amount of coverage you get from it, and its easy to apply a bit more to just the areas that you need it. The color selection is great (as to be expected with Bobbi Brown) and the slight yellow tone helps to cover my rosacea/redness very well. The packaging is nice and makes this very travel friendly! My skin is combination/acne-prone usually, but the winter air is making my skin quite dry lately. I've found that this foundation, just like every other foundation I've ever tried, tends to cling to any flakey bits of skin, so proper skincare before applying is essential. The thing that wows me the most about this foundation is how much it looks and feels LIKE SKIN. I've never worn a foundation that has such a beautiful, natural finish as this one--I just wish it weren't so expensive :/

rated 2 of 5 on 10/30/2014 7:24:00 AM More reviews by Formerann83

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Had high hopes for this foundation but was left disappointed. Pro was the color match was perfect so if you are in need of LIGHT coverage with perfect match, this one is for you. I have oily skin with flaking due to sensitivity and this foundation showed every dry spot and covered very little of my rosacea redness. Not a fan. I need a smoother application foundation with more coverage.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/21/2014 3:36:00 PM More reviews by laviniatea

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I think Bobbi Brown recently updated the formula for this foundation. I think I purchased it in April and I honestly love it to death. It matches my skin seamlessly. It is a little yellow-toned, but it looks incredible in pictures. Its quite a thick cream formula, but you can blend it out for light coverage (I use my beauty blender) or build it up to full coverage. The only thing is that because it's a cream formula, it does feel a little greasy and you need to use a setting powder, but it will last for hours. My colour is 4.25 Natural Tan, love it so much. I think this would be really good for contouring if you had a deeper and lighter shade as well, but unless you have the money for it, it can be a little pricey. I think it is worth what you pay for it, personally. I will definitely buy again.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/19/2014 12:19:00 PM More reviews by Starone

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Silver, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've had this for several months loved that it matched my skin tone warm sand 2.5 and easy to use.Now the downside does not stay on! I've also had small bumps on my face.After reading other reviews I now feel that I am not going crazy thinking that this foundation is not working.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/15/2014 1:18:00 AM More reviews by luusk1125

This stick foundation was super smooth and easy to apply. It stayed on my face for only about 1-2 hours on my combination dry skin evnen with primer powder and setting spray. Made my t-zone really oily, seperated and pooled around my nose and chin. The rest of my face was dry cakey and oily. It made my face breakout in tiny little bumps under the skin. After removing it my face was irritated with red patches dry flakey skin.