Bobbi Brown Skin Foundation Stick

3.5

Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Cetyl Dimethicone, Polymethylsilsesquioxane, Beeswax, Ozokerite, Euphorbia Cerifera (Candelilla) Wax, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Talc, Octyldodecanol, Caprylic/Capric/Myristic/Stearic Triglyceride, Silica, Propylene Glycol Laurate, Tocopherol, Squalane, Pentaerythrityl Tetra-di-t-butyl Hydroxyhydrocinnamate. May Contain: Mica, Iron Oxides, Titanium Dioxide.

on 7/28/2015 4:04:00 PM

I love this foundation, it's a great every day. Doesn't feel heavy but has great coverage that lasts all day. It's a satin finish, I wear Natural 4. I looked into it after watching Jessie James Decker's makeup videos, absolutely love, easy to apply, throw in your purse. I use a flat foundation brush and blend in, doesn't break me out or dry my skin out. Definitely will repurchase!

on 7/12/2015 3:35:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I don't know why but I love the idea of a stick foundation. Having said that, I don't think I've ever found one I'd buy twice.

PROS:

Portable - easy to throw in your purse

Good color range - Sand is my usual match and it was the perfect shade for me in this one, too.

Lasts a long time - you only need a few swipes of this product to cover your face completely and blend with a sponge

Looks very good, doesn't appear obvious or thick. I had the old stick foundation years ago and thought it was too heavy and greasy. This is an improvement over that.

Does not irritate

CONS:

I have combination skin and I'm very aware that I have foundation on. It's not a weightless feel at all.

I suspect the waxy ingredients necessary to make this foundation a stick are the same ingredients that caused me to break out within 24 hours.

If you have normal to slightly dry skin that is not acne-prone, I think this might work for you. I do not fall into this category.

I prefer Bobbi's touch-up stick which is more like a concealer and for spot application; maybe it's not fair to compare the two because one is foundation and the other isn't.

on 7/11/2015 4:08:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Decent foundation is light to medium coverage has a decent amount of coverage but can't be worn alone looks great with a highlighter over it alabaster is the palest in this line it is extremley pale maybe even a little pale for me considering getting porcelain next which is the second palest shade they have its expensive at $48 but lasts a long time packaging is sleek and classy moisteriser is needed as this will cling to any dry patch more suitable for oily skin ladies but its the only foundation that does not oxidize on me just wish it had SPF:( otherwise this is my go to foundation right now

on 7/4/2015 12:08:00 PM

When the SA put this on me in store it looked great so I purchased it along with the full coverage brush and the primer.

Tried to apply it the next day and it was a total nightmare.

It looked great just after applying but within an hour it started slipping around my face and it clung to dry spots. It oxidised and my skin looked and felt so oily. I have rosacea and Seb derm so my skin is usually dry.

It broke me out and the coverage is medium at best. But layering it causes it to look flaky and mask like.

The packaging is

on 6/23/2015 6:13:00 AM

After using this foundation on and off and receiving different results, I have to say that this breaks me out. I have an oily complexion with hormonal acne. When I wear this foundation out I get a flood of pimples the next day, not connected to any skincare or cleansing methods I use.

The color seems very nice and I do get nice comments when I use this foundation, but for the sake of my skin I have to refrain using this.

on 6/17/2015 11:50:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

wearing this bobbi brown foundation stick today reminded me of how i used to love foundation stick when i had it. this one from bobbi brown is nearly as good as the shu uemura one i used a few years ago. it looks very natural on the skin and when blended correctly using a dense bristled flat top brush, not cakey. it may not have the best oil control or lasting power, but i love that it blends nicely with my skin and comes in a stick which is portable and compact. light-medium coverage. matte finish. very lightweight. comes in a great range of shades. im repurchasing it for sure.

on 6/13/2015 7:44:00 AM

This foundation is amazing. The MUA tried it on my face when I came in for a concealer, she did my whole face with Bobbi Brown products and she used this foundation. When I got home I could see that my face was looking gorgeous and natural. I went back the next day to get this foundation because I loves it that much. When I got it home I was not disappointed.

Pros:
Very easy to apply
Medium to Full-ish coverage
Amazing shade rage
A little goes a long way
2-in-1 foundation and concealer
Looks good on dry/normal skin
Lasts more than 10 hours

Cons:
The price is a bit high
Might look a bit oily after a few hours on oily skin

on 5/29/2015 3:09:00 PM

I was not impressed with this foundation stick whatsoever. I had never bought any bobby brown products before and never read any reviews so I went in with a fresh slate and the girl tried it on me and advised me it would be best for my skin - oily combination, acne prone.
Firstly I didnt feel like the coverage was overally good, it definitely has to be built up and even at that the coverage still isnt the best. when its on the skin it doesnt look flawless and after a couple of hours my skin was so so oily but the worst part, any dry patch you have, and im not even a dry gal, it clings to like crazy and you look like you have alligator skin. I tried everything I could to make it work and the only thing that would work was spraying mac fix + onto my kabuki brush before application and then buffing it in with that.
I continued to use the product cause it isn't cheap and it only lasted me 3 weeks, tops a month.
Would not buy again, ideal more for contour if it works for you, not foundation..

on 5/29/2015 9:52:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

This very well may be my HG foundation...! Coverage is somewhere in the medium range, and although it didn't cover the worst of my blemishes, adding a bit of concealer makes my skin look flawless; this product is perfect as a base for evening out my skin tone. I was worried since my skin err's on the side of dry and acne-prone that I might have issues, but it applied and stayed beautifully, and I've had no negative reactions. It is definitely my skin - but better. I apply it directly from the stick onto my face then use the MAC 190 brush to blend. I use the brush directly on the stick for harder to cover areas. Highly recommend this product.

on 5/24/2015 8:48:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Didn't work well for my combination skin.
It made me look oily and disgusting D: