Stila Sport Bare Lip Tint

3.8

on 7/9/2004 3:34:00 PM

I love the texture of these products. They glide on easily, but still have enough pigment to make them look more like a lipstick than a gloss. I have Bare Mocha, which is an ugly brownish shade in the pachage, but goes on a gorgeous mocha berry.

on 5/28/2004 10:22:00 AM

I tried Bare Nude, and felt that it was just too brown for my coloring - it made me look very washed out. I later tried Bare Berry, which was way more red than berry. The pigmentation and color is ok. Overall, I much preferred Aveda & Almay's Lip Tints to Stila's.

on 5/25/2004 3:59:00 PM

I always wanted a Stila lip color, but this one, bare berry, was way too bright on me. I thought it was a lot more like a lipstick, not much like a sheer stain. I almost feel like I bought a different product from the one everyone has been reviewing and saying it is so light! I usually can only use it if I dab a tiny tiny bit on my finger and sort of blend it onto my lips, and I don't think I'm getting full use of the SPF factor that way. It's also a very orangy-red, I thought, and not so good with my pale skin (I'm a "winter"). Really stands out. The packaging is cute, and withstood several attacks from my cats, so I gave it a 4 for packaging. I would not repurchase, too much pigment for a sheer. Maybe if I'm feeling really creative someday I'll melt it down a bit with one of my bonnie bell dr. peppers and see if I can make the texture a bit more smooth (well it is smooth but doesn't glide like the dr. pepper) and tone the color down!

on 3/11/2004 12:42:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I've always wanted lippies from Stila but kinda disappointed that it didnt look nice on me. I have these tints in Bare Berry & Bare Pink. Bare Berry looks terrible on me, I agree with the previous review that it looks more red than berry. Its a Liv Tyler colour, I guess more suitable for fair skin than medium/tan skin. Bare Pink looks more natural though. Not moisturising enough for me though.

on 5/15/2003 10:32:00 AM

I had this in berry last summer, and it was actually very brownish on me. I loved the texture and the smell, but figured the Almay were cheaper and had a higher SPF, and their berry was pinker, too. :) I do have to concede that despite losing out in the SPF department, Stila has a MUCH bigger selection of colors than Almay!

on 2/17/2003 11:49:00 AM

I have this in berry and can't stand it. It's more red than berry and just feels gross on my mouth.

on 1/19/2003 3:12:00 PM

An FYI, these have been renamed Sport Clear Colors. I have reviews under that product name.

on 12/23/2002 5:58:00 AM

It's packaged in a slim plastic tube. I bought Plum, but the color was actually a sheer berry. Very pretty. It has medium amount of shine and staying power. However, the SPF should be higher, and the amount of product is sortof small and is used quickly.

on 7/20/2002 11:50:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I have Nude and I love it. It isn't really a 'nude' color, it's more of a cocoa mauve. It is so moisturizing and natural looking. It goes on nice and smooth. I can't wait to get some more colors!!

on 6/15/2002 5:42:00 PM

I have this in "Bare Berry," which turned out to be a very bright, garish fuschia. I found it to be very dry, so I don't understand how some people might find it moisturizing. It does have a very nice scent, however.

Popular Lipsticks