November 26, 2014 | 1818 users online

Concealers - Bourjois - Happy Lights Ultra-covering Concealer

rated 2 of 5 on 10/7/2014 4:33:00 AM More reviews by Catfink90

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

Looks fine when you put it on, but definitely not the best coverage considering they call it "ultra covering". Give it a few hours* and it will cake like crazy. Will not repurchase.

EDIT: Autocorrect wrote "hoes" instead of "hours"...awkward...

rated 2 of 5 on 5/27/2014 8:28:00 AM More reviews by happinessinpink

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I bought this because (at the time, which was about 3 or 4 months ago) I'd been wanting a cream concealer as I was getting really sick of liquid ones. I'd also wanted one that was in a little pot (I'm not sure why; I don't think there was really a reason but again, at the time, that's just what I wanted). There weren't a lot of pharmacy/drugstore concealers of this type and so this was the one I went for. The others were very cheap and seemed too cheap to be any good, so I decided to spend $19 on this little thing.
Big mistake. I honestly thought it was quite rubbish. First of all, the packaging claims that it is a full coverage concealer and it's not. As soon as you started trying to blend it out it lost coverage and really didn't end up covering much.
The shade I have (21 Ivoire) is too light for me though I will admit that that's my own fault because even after testing them in store, I ended up picking the wrong one by accident.
Most importantly, though, and the thing I find most unbearable about it is that it is so drying! It goes on alright (not great but alright) but within seconds it's started to dry out my skin. I mainly use this for under my eyes because I don't tend to get blemishes but I've tried it on the occasional blemish and it just starts drying out on top of it and making the crusty skin stand out and it just looks awful. It also really dries out my under eye area. At first I tried just layering on a bit more moisturiser in the areas I knew I would be using it and although it helped slightly, this concealer was still a lot drier than anything else I'd used.
This might be good for someone with oily skin but I still think there's got to be better things out there for people of any skin type. I wouldn't bother with this concealer honestly. I won't be repurchasing ever and I don't recommend it.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/25/2014 9:44:00 AM More reviews by KarmaEls

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love the smell of Bourjois's products, isn't that weird? It's so lucky for me that I rarely have blemishes on my face, but I do have some acne scars, and this concealer, I wouldn't say it's full coverage, because it is not. I does cover, but not so well, the lightest shade is kinda dark for me, usually I don't have problem with Bourjois's skin color range but this time I did. It last me for about 5-6 hours if I use powder, otherwise, only 2-3 hours. I don't use these type of concealer under my eyes so I don't know how well it cover dark circle.Trying to use it up. It said "Happy Light" but I don't feel happy at all

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/19/2014 6:42:00 PM More reviews by Anera

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

There are only three shades to chose from. Since I wear Bourjois 123 Perfection Foundation in 51, I've bought the shade 21 Ivore.

COLOR: the color is darker than I thought it would me. It does match me, but it's half a shade darker than my foundation. Still, it does match me. It's more orange than yellow or pink. It's darker than Healthy Mix concealer in 51 Eclat Clair.
COVERAGE / PIGMENTATION: though they state it's a full coverage concealer, I think it isn't (I read somewhere it's supposed to be). I've tried HE full coverage concealers, and LE camouflages, and all have more pigment. Thus, it doesn't cover blemishes good enough. I use it as an under-eye concealer in conjunction with HM concealer to add more coverage. To be honest, I combine them only to get use of this concealer since the pigmentation is not rich enough to cover acne.
APPLICATION: I apply it with fingers since it's a dry and becomes sticky when swirling the cream with your finger. It's easier to spread it with the warm tips of your finger than with your mini kabuki or concealer brush. With fingers it applies more evenly and nicely.
LASTING POWER: it doesn't crease when it's placed on the under eye area (yay). It stays up to 6 hours when it starts to be noticeable, patchy.

I will not buy it again - no enough coverage for blemishes
I wouldn't recommend - Bourjois has HM concealer which I find better for concealing minor imperfections and for the under eye area. For full coverage concealers I recommend investing more - a water-resistant, long wearing, more pigmented and richer one.