July 29, 2014 | 2122 users online

Concealers - BeneFit Cosmetics - Boi-ing

rated 1 of 5 on 7/13/2014 2:27:00 PM More reviews by upinspace

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I hated this so much!

It has a very thick consistency but isn't high coverage at all. It just looks like a caked mass!

I ended up giving it to my mom, and she hated it too.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/12/2014 8:46:00 PM More reviews by missmajestic

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I definitely wouldn't call this an industrial concealer. I'm very fair skinned and even the lightest was not nearly light enough. I found that it gave me absolutely NO coverage and it was not very blendable. It also creased very easily. I ended up taking it back to the store. It was a huge disappointment.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/10/2014 5:34:00 AM More reviews by Beautylish06

This was the first high end concealer I purchased and since trying others I realized just how mediocre this was. The pot itself lasted a long time but I found the product to be very dry, unblendable and did not cover acne and pigment scars very well so for $20 it's just not worth it if you're in the market for a good coverage concealer and are willing to spend more than $20 go for make up for ever full cover concealer.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/6/2014 11:44:00 AM More reviews by jujube21

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I waited 5 years before reviewing this... yes 5. I have owned this five years and I use this nearly every day! It is very expensive but ...five years! OK let me explain first how I use it:
-I only use this under my eyes and on my lids daily
-I use it elsewhere if there is rednes or a blemish - it's a spot treatment-and that's once in awhile
-I take a small amount on my pinkie and let it warm up before patting around eyes- otherwise it WILL require you to tug and pull (not good for under your eyes)
-I use this once per day most days- no more than that

OK- it's on its tail end now and I am in the market for a new concealer so I would say that for $20 this lasted three years longer than any other drug store concealer I owned. In my opinion, that makes this by far worth the money and, frankly, a bargain. It also worked the best. I did buy a few concealers here and there in between but they all paled in comparison. I think it deserves all the awards it is getting for the price and length it lasted. Now- I am sure if you have lots more to cover or used this several times a day - it won't last as long.

Oh- I also went a shade lighter than I normally would. I would buy a medium but I went for light-medium because I wanted it to blend better for under eye. I think this was wise because it brightens up my skin too. I will check out the medium next time now that my concealer is finally running out!

Remember -let this heat up a bit on your finger and always use your pinkie or ring finger to apply as it's gentler than your other fingers.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/4/2014 2:56:00 AM More reviews by Babsfree

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Not the worst concealer I've used but not the best either. It's not a super creamy and easily blended formula, which is what I prefer. Boi-ing is super pricey for the teeny tiny bit of product you get. I found this formula to be gritty in texture too and to blend it you need to pull and tug in order to blend it.
This is labeled as industrial strength concealer, which it is not imo, it also doesn't cover blemishes (looks horrible on blemishes!) very well or undereye darkness, two of the flaws I'm trying to hide. I prefer Hard Candy's Glamoflauge concealer (surprise!), it's super creamy, blends easy and is easy on the wallet, I think I paid $5 for a generous tube of it at Wal Mart. It makes my undereye area look brighter and I look more awake, it leaves a dewy finish to my undereye area too.
I heard Boi-ing used to be awesome before they changed it, apparently it used to come in a flip top container opposed to the screw on-cap container (I'd prefer the old packaging better) and the formula was changed (not sure if that's true or not).
I won't buy again, I'll stick with Glamoflauge.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/28/2014 6:44:00 PM More reviews by Meiori

This is the first concealer I've found that actually matches my skin tone perfectly. It covers acne, scars, marks, spots, veins. Everything. If you are pale and have those kinds of issues it's great for you. I tried this product first before buying it, applied it myself and loved the results. It felt smooth on my skin and didn't irritate it, blended in easy and didn't create the 'spotting' issue that other concealers have for me in the past. I have very pale skin and most concealers/make-up have an orange/tan tint which lookes totally fake on me. If you're pale and want to make your skin look perfect (like Snow White) then this is the way to do it.
Steps: apply this concealer with a dot bush (I like slanted brushes so it can blend) then apply a good powder over and blush/conture after that.

I have a scar on my chest from heart surgery that this product effortlessly covered. That should tell you it's strength. Scars are rough edges that need to be blended pretty hard to cover.
Freckles/undereye were easily hidden as well without looking fake.
Though for people who do not like a thicker coverage this might be too much; my advice, remember it's an 'industrial' cover. Not dewy, and certainly not a bb cream or cc cream.

This does what it says, which I think is great. Price? Well a little goes a loooong way so that's how it works out for me. I would rather use the concealer and a tiny bit of foundation than layer the latter; that's just my taste. Concealer is good to hide the bad parts and let your natural skin come through otherwise. It's pretty easy to do that with this product.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/23/2014 4:27:00 PM More reviews by hipchick66

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is the only concealer I will use and recommend. I've tried many others and none compare. This covers redness and under/around eye discoloration. Lasts all day. I apply it with a soft brush and lightly buff it in. It works on dry areas of my face and more oily areas as well. Even though I'm generallly light skinned, I use shade 02 and it matches my skin perfectly. I've been using it for 10 years and only on my 3rd jar because it lasts so long....worth the price!

rated 1 of 5 on 6/14/2014 8:07:00 PM More reviews by naomi10

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is a terrible concealer. It's so incredibly cakey. My face looked horrific after putting it on. It was such a waste of money. I would try to stay away from this concealer at all costs

rated 2 of 5 on 6/14/2014 7:14:00 PM More reviews by Megzimo

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Urgh, not a big fan of this stuff. It is very thick and heavy feeling, not to mention it looks very caking and will totally make fine lines as dark patches way more noticeable. I always find that benefit concealers never fit, and this one is no exception. The reason I gave it a 2 is because I sometimes use it to contour my cheek bones and I don't mind it for that, but it's nothing special. Wouldn't recommend

rated 3 of 5 on 6/9/2014 7:22:00 AM More reviews by koolvjs

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

First of all, the price is insanely high; something like over $35 in Australia !!
I'd read about the mixed reviews on this concealer, and I have to say, I found it was alright when I first tried it, but then I broke out only in the areas I used it. I thought it was just a phase and my skin was acting up. But I kept using it and I have to say, it did break me out every time.
I found it quite difficult to blend, especially since I had to use my fingers to get the product out of the pot, and when I used it under my eyes, it caked really easily so I had to use a really small amount. It also clung to my dry patches which is definite no-no.

Overall, I think this product would be best suited to someone who has normal skin; doesn't have dry skin or acne-prone because of the reasons states above. Thus, I would probably find a better concealer for my skin type at the drugstore, waste of money.