December 18, 2014 | 1857 users online

Fragrances - Elizabeth and James - Nirvana White

rated 5 of 5 on 11/13/2014 2:11:00 PM More reviews by SmokeySings

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

Was pleasantly surprised by this. Has a classy, not overpowering, long-lasting smell that imo is suitable for day into night. Safe for the work place, esp when using a light hand, and can also be worn for a night on the town, so imho it is very versatile. This lasts all day on me. Seriously I can take a shower and still remotely smell this. And yet the smell itself is not too strong nor overpowering. Probably one of the longest-lasting fragrances I have ever worn. It also wears very nicely during the day, stays true to scent without changing scents or turning into any funny scent as the day goes on. I will say if you are looking to get the roller ball as I started off with, to try to get it at the store if possible as opposed to online. The rollerball I received in my online order was a dud and I had to take it back to exchange it. So I would recommend trying the product while in the store before you get it home. Unless maybe mine was just an isolated dud..*shrug*..Packaging on this is okay, it is sleek and classy/classic looking, even if the plastic itself feels like a cheap plastic. Not a fan of the nirvana black, but fell in love with the nirvana white...I would definitely pruchase this again.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/13/2014 1:41:00 PM More reviews by Superbeckyy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

Very glad to get my hands on the full size of this fragrance: I was lucky enough to get it from Sephora in the USA, as it is not available in the UK, nor is it permitted to be shipped internationally. I visited three Sephora stores on my visit to the US and it was well stocked in each. Costing $75 it is fairly pricey (definitely not something I'd purchase on a whim!), but absolutely worth it if you enjoy the scent. I really didn't think I'd like this smell judging by the description (normally I'm a fan of fruity-florals along the lines of Viva La Juicy, or sandalwood scents) but this really is a divine, wearable everyday floral - fans of Marc Jacobs' Daisy will love this too. The white peony and musk scents are the most dominant to me - fresh, modern and not overpowering at all. And I always get compliments from men when I wear this!

Despite being my new favourite scent there are a couple of negatives that lose marks. The first - this doesn't seem to last long for me! I feel I need to reapply a little every few hours, since it doesn't stick around long. Luckily Sephora also sell a rollerball version, which is convenient for carrying around, but I'd really prefer a mini spray (or for it to actually last longer)! Though I haven't tried the perfume oil version, it's on the shopping list for my next US trip - perhaps that'd improve the lasting power. The other negative is the packaging! Yes, it is a gorgeous sleek vintage-look bottle with lovely gold detail and looks gorgeous on the dressing table. But it really bugs me when there's no way of seeing how much is left! The bottle is rather heavy, so it would be difficult to tell when you're near the end by weight alone and when to repurchase - something that does irritate me with these kind of bottles.

Although this does have its small faults, it really is a gorgeous scent that everyone needs to try - you could be onto a new favourite! I'll be wearing this all year round and will more than likely need another..

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/7/2014 2:33:00 AM More reviews by pennypencil

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Blue

Living in the UK, we don't have access to the Elizabeth and James line yet, which of course fosters the desire to get one's greedy mits on it.
The bottles are beautiful, like 1920s cigarette cases or whiskey flasks - the epitome of chic. The fragrances, in comparison, seem a little roughly hewn. This one is like a watered down Stella - a simple rose. I can think of many rose fragrances preferable to this one, though as a simple rose, it's pleasant enough.
If I owned a full bottle of this, I would wear it often enough, as the rose and peony combination is pretty and gentle. With the voluptuously pretty Chloe fragrance being a little too ubiquitous, and Stella already being the staple rose on the high street, it's fine to have this as an option - but it's a pity there's not more character to be found here.
This goes from a 3-lippy to a 2-lippy because the lasting power is pretty rubbish. You're left with a lightly sweet and musky base, but little else. I find it a bit synthetic too. I'd be interested to know how high grade the ingredients are as to my nose, 'Black' is quite scratchy too.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/2/2014 6:31:00 PM More reviews by Ferrishyn

Why are these so expensive? They are 3 notes and nothing complex or unique. I think they are seriously overpriced for what they are. Peony, musk, and lily-of-the-valleyÖ thatís it. I personally get nothing more than the peony and a hint of wood? I donít think this is anything special and it smells like something I had years ago but I canít recall it.

This is very white floral and I believe you can get way more for your money with something else from an actual fashion designer. This is expensive for a celebrity fragrance and I think we are paying for the packaging, which is nice.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/25/2014 5:58:00 PM More reviews by HollyWould123

I have to say I was pleasantly surprised by this fragrance. I've had samples/rollerball of this and have been using it on and off for months now. I constantly receive compliments on what I originally thought was a run-of-the-mill scent. Typically, floral scents are not my go-to. But this has a little more to it since there are musky undertones. The staying power is pretty amazing. It's feminine and not overpowering but strong enough to wear on a night out!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/23/2014 12:57:00 PM More reviews by majanet

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

A rollerball gamble that pays off. The floral topnote is soft, inviting, and durable. Peony/rosy to my nose, and a little lily of the valley. Not too much, and no contrail. The musk seeps in but doesn't overwhelm. This is a great way to go floral without being like an arrangement.

I don't think I'd buy the big bottle; having the rollerball handy is about right for me wrt making a floral choice for a given day.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/4/2014 11:15:00 PM More reviews by Shadow_Witch

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This reminds me of the long discontinued MAC MV1. It smells exactly the way I remember MV1 smelling. If you used to love MV1 you need to give Nirvana White a try. You will be so delighted! Then I spritzed Nirvana Black and... thought, of course it's MV3 (black cap). I bet they come up with a third one, Nirvana Gold and it will be, you guessed it, MV2 (gold cap). Didn't buy it because it's too expensive for a been there, done that fragrance.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/4/2014 7:58:00 PM More reviews by CaiOli

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is my go to fragrance. I don't generally go for floral perfumes but something about this is fantastic to me.
I smelled it at Sephora and wasn't wowed but after wearing it for an hour I loved how it melded with my skin. It is not an overpowering scent but it does last about five hours on me.
I have a rollerball and am going to get the full size next pay check

rated 5 of 5 on 8/2/2014 9:54:00 PM More reviews by thatsweetaddamsgirl

I love how it smells, it lasts forever and a little goes a long way

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/7/2014 4:36:00 PM More reviews by OMGURTEEF

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I normally don't go for high-end perfumes. But when I smelled this in-store at Sephora and sampled it, I fell in love with the scent and how it evolved on my skin.
It's described on Sephora's site as "a captivating blend of delicate peony, chic
muguet, and tender musk", which I definitely agree with, except on my skin, it tends to pull musk the most with some interesting tobacco-like notes. Very pleasing, very sophisticated and sexy.
However, this does not last on my skin at all. At first, I felt like I got a good couple hours out of this, but now, it seems I get about 30 minutes before the scent is all but gone. I apply this on my pulse points, starting at my ankles and working my way up, and even after all that, it still fades quickly. Very disappointing.
I got the small roller ball of it, which still came to $22. Normally, I stick to less-expensive essential oils and change their notes with interesting body sprays, but I wanted to give this a shot in spite of the astronomical price. I couldn't justify purchasing a full-sized container of it, and I still can't.
The roller ball doesn't really dispense the product too smoothly either. I feel I have to almost press the tip in so it'll release some of the perfume, rather than the product being picked up by the ball and dispensed onto my skin. It makes quick application somewhat difficult. I wish I could empty it into a portable vaporizer or something.
Over all, even though I absolutely adore the scent and will be hard-pressed to find one that suits me so fantastically, I'll have to pass on repurchasing. Hopefully this company will improve the formula to make it longer-lasting, since I don't seem to be alone in my observations.