Elizabeth and James - Nirvana White

3.7

on 6/3/2015 3:46:00 PM

I'm glad I managed to get a sample rollerball with my Sephora points because while this is a pretty fragrance, it seems a little overpriced. It's basically 85% peony and 15% sheer, light musk on me. It does remind me very strongly of Stella McCartney's Stella, but the latter is a bit more complex with a slightly metallic, wet rose note. Nirvana White would be a nice, inoffensive daytime fragrance. It stays relatively close to the skin but can last through a workday. I think the solid is a bit more mellow than the perfume or the perfume oil.

The packaging is really sexy, though it's not nice enough to sell me on a full-sized bottle.

on 5/20/2015 6:54:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This is the most beautiful fragrance I have ever smelled. Sweet vanilla and musk. I wish all shops will sell this, we don't have sephora in Ireland­čśö I got a bottle of this perfume from my aunt

on 5/11/2015 2:45:00 PM

I was SO excited to receive a generous roller ball sample from Sephora as part of the Beauty Insider/VIB program. It's pretty and totally wearable but also nothing spectacular. After reading all of the reviews and sniffing in the store, I adore peony so I had high hopes. I'll likely use the rollerball up but not repurchase. Maybe I'll try the oil next? This wears close to the skin and doesn't project much so I think it would be a good office-friendly scent.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse

I usually don't do well with a dominant peony note because it has a tendency to turn sour on my skin; however, Nirvana White is a pleasant peony fragrance.

As a non-perfumista, I think the musk and peony blend well together and makes for a lovely evening scent. The musk adds a sensuousness to a girl next door peony scent.

If I decide to purchase it, will select the rollerball. A fragrance with three notes shouldn't have the price tag Nirvana White has, imo. However, the bottle is eye catching. It reminds me of a cigarette case from the 20's.

on 3/27/2015 9:42:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I love Nirvana Black *much* more than White, but I've slowly warmed up to White. I'm wearing White by itself today. Drydown is definitely key, since it turns (to my nose) from a bold floral (initially) into a nice delicious musky drydown, after it melds with natural skin scent.

Both launched in 2014, you can wear them together or separately:
* Nirvana White's notes are: Peony, Lily-of-the-valley, Musk
* Nirvana Black's notes are: Violet, Sandalwood, Vanilla

My first impression was that it smelled like Lilly Pulitzer Wink -- a rather bold blousy floral -- not shy, innocent, or "white" at all -- but give it some time, and it has a pretty great musky drydown -- yet it never really gets terribly innocent -- it stays rather bold in nature.

White is also good when worn together with Black -- they make a good combo. I still *much* prefer Black, mostly on its own, but it's a darker, more boho type Fall/Winter scent -- so White will be more fitting for the Spring & Summer warm weather to come -- I'll probably wear White on its own quite a bit.

on 3/20/2015 6:23:00 PM

Absolutely in LOVE with this perfume. I first started out using the Nirvana Black rollerball because I thought I liked it better than this one in Sephora when I tested them out but as I would wear it, I would feel it was kind of strong. Then, I tested out the white again in Sephora out of curiosity and I feel in love. I feel like this perfume smells so fresh and clean but also a little floral. I also find the packaging very chic yet very simple and classic looking. The scent and the bottle are both absolutely gorgeous. The only thing I hate about this perfume is the price tag because it is a little expensive but I honestly love it so much that I'm okay with paying the price.

on 3/18/2015 4:24:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

This is one of my go- to feminine floral scents. Reminds me of Stella McCartney's Stella but has more of a peony note to it. I have the mini rollerball which is nice for work because I can just dab a small amount on and not make everyone choke. I have received a lot of compliments on this from both men/women. It's a versatile scent for any age and any occassion (more daywear). It tends to be more of a spring/summer scent . When I got mine I wore it in the middle of summer and the heat really brought out the true beauty.

Lasting power is amazing! I get a good 3-4 hours out of mine even when I use it sparingly.The scent also doesn't change over time very much like some fragrances do. If you are looking for a more sexy, smoky, mature, confident scent then try the Nirvana Black. Nirvana White is more of the shy, coy scent frolicking around in shorts and flowy tops.

on 2/28/2015 10:23:00 AM

Have some pity here. I am old enough to remember when the materials censors did not exist, and great perfumes were created with now forbidden components. There were white florals, and white florals that contained musk, and they were actually good. Not everyone likes a white floral; they can be piercingly high pitched and indolic on the back end. Even those who hate opera can admire the voice of Jessye Norman, however, and a good white floral can always command respect. And then there is this. Claims to be based on peony, muguet, and musk. This is the olfactory equivalent of a toddler shrieking in your ear. Loud, exceedingly high pitched, prolonged and agonizing. The initial effect is similar to being buried alive in powdered laundry detergent. If you enjoy Jessica McClintock, perhaps there is room in your heart for her overbearing and coarse cousin. I suspect that jamming knitting needles up my nose would hurt less. If this is Nirvana, I pray never to achieve enlightenment.

on 2/5/2015 12:20:00 PM

Absolutely love this perfume! I can't describe the smell but its a very mature beautiful scent! I will probably only wear it in the fall and winter. I purchased the rollerball because I do not wear perfume a lot. I've never been through an entire bottle of body mist yet alone perfume. The only thing I didn't like about the rollerball is you can't tell when the product is getting low. But I do like the design very different from other rollerballs.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

After liking both of the Nirvanas equally for a long while, this one has edged out as a clear winner for me, solely because there is a licoricey medicinal note in Nirvana Black that didn't harmonize with the rest of the fragrance, making it annoying to me.

Nirvana White may seem the softer, quieter counterpart to her edgier, more extravagant sister (BlacK), but she has a warmth, a musk, and a timeless feminine zen that is neither juvenile, too floaty feminine or hippiesh or too powdery. It's a balance of all of this with a refined sophistication while being modern and clean without being too beachy or masculine or cologney, Awesome and beautiful check it out. WILL repurchase

Notes: Musks, Peonies and Muguet,
Also detect a soft rose and some woody thing too jus to my limitedly intelligent nose! :)

Popular Fragrances