October 26, 2014 | 1302 users online

Fragrances - Elizabeth and James - Nirvana White

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/25/2014 5:58:00 PM More reviews by HollyWould123

I have to say I was pleasantly surprised by this fragrance. I've had samples/rollerball of this and have been using it on and off for months now. I constantly receive compliments on what I originally thought was a run-of-the-mill scent. Typically, floral scents are not my go-to. But this has a little more to it since there are musky undertones. The staying power is pretty amazing. It's feminine and not overpowering but strong enough to wear on a night out!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/23/2014 12:57:00 PM More reviews by majanet

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

A rollerball gamble that pays off. The floral topnote is soft, inviting, and durable. Peony/rosy to my nose, and a little lily of the valley. Not too much, and no contrail. The musk seeps in but doesn't overwhelm. This is a great way to go floral without being like an arrangement.

I don't think I'd buy the big bottle; having the rollerball handy is about right for me wrt making a floral choice for a given day.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/4/2014 11:15:00 PM More reviews by Shadow_Witch

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This reminds me of the long discontinued MAC MV1. It smells exactly the way I remember MV1 smelling. If you used to love MV1 you need to give Nirvana White a try. You will be so delighted! Then I spritzed Nirvana Black and... thought, of course it's MV3 (black cap). I bet they come up with a third one, Nirvana Gold and it will be, you guessed it, MV2 (gold cap). Didn't buy it because it's too expensive for a been there, done that fragrance.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/4/2014 7:58:00 PM More reviews by CaiOli

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is my go to fragrance. I don't generally go for floral perfumes but something about this is fantastic to me.
I smelled it at Sephora and wasn't wowed but after wearing it for an hour I loved how it melded with my skin. It is not an overpowering scent but it does last about five hours on me.
I have a rollerball and am going to get the full size next pay check

rated 5 of 5 on 8/2/2014 9:54:00 PM More reviews by thatsweetaddamsgirl

I love how it smells, it lasts forever and a little goes a long way

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/7/2014 4:36:00 PM More reviews by OMGURTEEF

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I normally don't go for high-end perfumes. But when I smelled this in-store at Sephora and sampled it, I fell in love with the scent and how it evolved on my skin.
It's described on Sephora's site as "a captivating blend of delicate peony, chic
muguet, and tender musk", which I definitely agree with, except on my skin, it tends to pull musk the most with some interesting tobacco-like notes. Very pleasing, very sophisticated and sexy.
However, this does not last on my skin at all. At first, I felt like I got a good couple hours out of this, but now, it seems I get about 30 minutes before the scent is all but gone. I apply this on my pulse points, starting at my ankles and working my way up, and even after all that, it still fades quickly. Very disappointing.
I got the small roller ball of it, which still came to $22. Normally, I stick to less-expensive essential oils and change their notes with interesting body sprays, but I wanted to give this a shot in spite of the astronomical price. I couldn't justify purchasing a full-sized container of it, and I still can't.
The roller ball doesn't really dispense the product too smoothly either. I feel I have to almost press the tip in so it'll release some of the perfume, rather than the product being picked up by the ball and dispensed onto my skin. It makes quick application somewhat difficult. I wish I could empty it into a portable vaporizer or something.
Over all, even though I absolutely adore the scent and will be hard-pressed to find one that suits me so fantastically, I'll have to pass on repurchasing. Hopefully this company will improve the formula to make it longer-lasting, since I don't seem to be alone in my observations.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/9/2014 9:03:00 PM More reviews by LABeautyGal

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

My review so far is between 3.5-4 stars. It's based on the rollerball sample from Sephora that I just recently received. I'm not that much of a fragrance afficianado but I do really like this scent on me. It's not too masculine or feminine and most importantly it does not give me a headache. I took a lippie off because it does not last. I'll probably buy the rollerball version; I'm not that much of an Olsen fan to buy the full size. It's a pleasant, light summer scent.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/30/2014 3:20:00 PM More reviews by lanuzzo

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is my summer scent this year. I received a sample from Sephora, and babied it until it was all gone :-( So I in the end had to break down and purchase it ;-)

I know scents are subjective, and perfume smells different on everyone, but on me this is a very sophisticated rose scent, sexy, and without smelling like my grandmother.

Yes, it's pricy, which is why it took me so long to break down to buy it. Plus i get tired of perfume easily, so I have a hard time investing in a large bottle, so I opted to purchase the rollerball. If I still love it when this is empty, i'll by the full size.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/27/2014 5:37:00 PM More reviews by talkaboutaddiction

Smells and lasts exactly like D&G light blue on me. Neither is good. Sharp citrus that morphs into bugspray. Luckily it wears off but the sharp drydown lingers yuck. The final turnoff? The Olson skeletons in the ads. Nope.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/22/2014 6:16:00 PM More reviews by AlohaPandaXOXO

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Nirvana White was initially ignored by me because I was too busy obsessing over Black and all its sandalwood goodness. Now having properly tried it in store, It smelled much better than my magazine sample had suggested and ended up purchasing it alongside Black in rollerballs so I could mix the two to create more complex, whole scent.

My initial hesitation toward White was also in that I've had a bad track record with peony and lily of the valley fragrances smelling like laundry detergent on me and often getting really overpowering with my body chemistry. White for me has enough of an ozone/water aspect to it that it instead smells like a freshly rained on garden on me rather than laundry detergent. The lack of complexity in this fragrance is kind of disappointing for the price, but I think for me as someone who is sensitive to these notes the editing down actually helped a lot.

As noted in my Black review, I think the fragrances work better paired together which is a bit annoying since you end up spending more money than simply buying a singular, "complete" fragrance. The rollerball packaging has its advantages in being opaque and rectangular, preventing light damage to the fragrance and any potential rolling off of counter tops.

Overall, White is a pleasant surprise and perhaps the underdog out of the two. There are other fragrances similar to this, but I do think the simplicity of the formula give it an edge for those who are looking for something that references older floral fragrances without being too overpowering or powdery.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No