November 28, 2014 | 1868 users online

BB Cream - Physicians Formula - Super BB Beauty Balm Cream Compact

rated 5 of 5 on 10/23/2014 9:19:00 PM More reviews by clairedelalune

I have combination acne-prone skin and I absolutely love using this product. It's light and covers absolutely every imperfection on my skin. I use it alone without foundation and also as a concealer for trouble spots. It's good for about a month, but be careful how you store it or it will melt in heat. It's $20 CAD but always goes on sale which makes it really affordable. This is an essential product in my makeup bag!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/13/2014 5:04:00 PM More reviews by ssullivan173

I am really disappointed with all of these negative reviews.

SoundlySensibleBeauty pointed out that PHYSICIANS FORMULA BB COMPACT IS AN EXACT DUPE FOR MAC PREP & PRIME BB COMPACT.

This is not a foundation for people with oily skin. It is a light coverage foundation for dry skin. Period. The only negative aspect is the limited shade range, but light-Light Plus in Mac and Light/Medium =Medium-Medium Plus in Mac.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/10/2014 2:00:00 PM More reviews by Skalioli

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

I have tried this compact in two shades (fair-medium for summer and fair for fall/winter). I absolutely love it. I use a blending brush with it because the sponge alone will not blend the product well but overall I am extremely happy with this product. It doesn't cake, it stays on all day, and I don't feel like I've piled on layers of make up when I wear it. It also covers much better than traditional BB's which is an added benefit for me. I have been extremely happy with the product over all.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/2/2014 1:34:00 PM More reviews by dtrautz

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

I wish I could leave no lippies for this. I'm fair-skinned and I got this in light. The texture wasn't bad, but it did not blend well. It was really streaky, but at least the coverage was kind of decent.....

But can you say oompa loompa orange?! Literally NO ONE's skin is this color. It's legitimately bright fake orange. it wouldn't even match a bad spray tan. I showed my boyfriend and he busted out laughing saying "you look like an oompa loompa with that makeup on". I laughed with him and washed it off and returned it immediately.

It's way too expensive for how AWFUL it was.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/26/2014 7:16:00 PM More reviews by tambalina

I picked this up in Light/Medium and as soon as the sponge touched my face, I knew I made a horrible mistake. This is orange - straight up orange - on my skin. I love Korean BB creams, but I was out and had to get *something*. I was excited to see one I could purchase on the ground that didn't look/feel like a tinted moisturizer. There was a BOGO sale and this made the cut. I wish it hadn't. In addition to being a horrible skin tone match, this is greasy/oily. Even though there is so much greasiness, it showed every flake of skin around my nose. Very strange. The coverage is definitely light and I doubt the SPF would last through the day. I try to use product until it's gone, but this was thrown in the trash after trying it for a week straight.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/5/2014 12:23:00 AM More reviews by MovieVixen

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I was really hoping to like this product because I use alot of PF cosmetics. HOWEVER this foundation/BB cream was way to GREASY and turned my face completely ORANGE the second time I used it! Somehow it oxidized in the compact because I went to put it on my face, and the color was way off... not like the first time I tried it. I had to wipe it off with tissues and put on a different foundation from AVON (I was in the car passenger seat on my way somewhere, so no bathroom.) This foundation also comes off very easily, so no staying power.

Gave it 2 lippies because I liked the packaging, but still not worth the purchase. Reviewing for Light/medium.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/4/2014 4:49:00 PM More reviews by immiaaxo

Love this, but expensive for what it is. Wouldn't repurchase, but gives a nice natural finish.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/23/2014 5:08:00 PM More reviews by Tashi09

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This has a couple of things going for it. Well, mostly that the Light shade is nice and blends well with my ~NC20 skin tone. It doesn't seem irritating at all. UNfortunately, it has a lot of shimmer in direct sunlight. Just bought it and I'm already seeing that it fades fast and didn't hide my redness for long.

And now that I have read the reviews, I'm pretty scared to keep using it. If it's as greasy as everyone says, I'm afraid it's gonna make me break out. (But then, most everything does.)

rated 4 of 5 on 4/20/2014 8:22:00 PM More reviews by mmmgirl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is the kind of tinted moisturizer/foundation that only works for a specific skin type. I would strongly discourage anyone with combo or oily skin from using this. It essentially has the texture of Crisco- very slick and greasy. That said, it's great for my dry skin. If you have trouble finding a base that will actually spread and blend even if you've moisturized already, you may like this bb. Other bb and cc creams I've tested were way too dry for me.
Color: I'm around NC 20-25, and got Light. If you're lighter than NC 20, the Light will probably show up orange.
Coverage: very sheer to medium, depending on how it's applied. Has a translucent quality like Mac face and body.
Wear: Using a primer helps this to not crease or fade. I usually used Hourglass veil or Armani fluidmaster primer, and liked how both helped the texture set. Stays dewy all day, so I really like this bb compact, and already repurchased.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/7/2014 10:10:00 AM More reviews by asininehi

This sucked. I wore it to work once (barmaid) and had to reapply it so much I literally hit the pan after one shift. It has very sheer coverage and an oily finish. With or without primer, for me, it didn't last long at all. It advertises that it replaces the need for a moisturizer, but I had expected that it would set and mattify somewhat after a while...It just gets greasier. Complete waste of money and I'm taking it right back.