September 16, 2014 | 1480 users online

BB Cream - Physicians Formula - Super BB Beauty Balm Cream Compact

rated 1 of 5 on 6/2/2014 1:34:00 PM More reviews by dtrautz

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

I wish I could leave no lippies for this. I'm fair-skinned and I got this in light. The texture wasn't bad, but it did not blend well. It was really streaky, but at least the coverage was kind of decent.....

But can you say oompa loompa orange?! Literally NO ONE's skin is this color. It's legitimately bright fake orange. it wouldn't even match a bad spray tan. I showed my boyfriend and he busted out laughing saying "you look like an oompa loompa with that makeup on". I laughed with him and washed it off and returned it immediately.

It's way too expensive for how AWFUL it was.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/26/2014 7:16:00 PM More reviews by tambalina

I picked this up in Light/Medium and as soon as the sponge touched my face, I knew I made a horrible mistake. This is orange - straight up orange - on my skin. I love Korean BB creams, but I was out and had to get *something*. I was excited to see one I could purchase on the ground that didn't look/feel like a tinted moisturizer. There was a BOGO sale and this made the cut. I wish it hadn't. In addition to being a horrible skin tone match, this is greasy/oily. Even though there is so much greasiness, it showed every flake of skin around my nose. Very strange. The coverage is definitely light and I doubt the SPF would last through the day. I try to use product until it's gone, but this was thrown in the trash after trying it for a week straight.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/5/2014 12:23:00 AM More reviews by MovieVixen

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I was really hoping to like this product because I use alot of PF cosmetics. HOWEVER this foundation/BB cream was way to GREASY and turned my face completely ORANGE the second time I used it! Somehow it oxidized in the compact because I went to put it on my face, and the color was way off... not like the first time I tried it. I had to wipe it off with tissues and put on a different foundation from AVON (I was in the car passenger seat on my way somewhere, so no bathroom.) This foundation also comes off very easily, so no staying power.

Gave it 2 lippies because I liked the packaging, but still not worth the purchase. Reviewing for Light/medium.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/4/2014 4:49:00 PM More reviews by immiaaxo

Love this, but expensive for what it is. Wouldn't repurchase, but gives a nice natural finish.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/23/2014 5:08:00 PM More reviews by Tashi09

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This has a couple of things going for it. Well, mostly that the Light shade is nice and blends well with my ~NC20 skin tone. It doesn't seem irritating at all. UNfortunately, it has a lot of shimmer in direct sunlight. Just bought it and I'm already seeing that it fades fast and didn't hide my redness for long.

And now that I have read the reviews, I'm pretty scared to keep using it. If it's as greasy as everyone says, I'm afraid it's gonna make me break out. (But then, most everything does.)

rated 4 of 5 on 4/20/2014 8:22:00 PM More reviews by mmmgirl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is the kind of tinted moisturizer/foundation that only works for a specific skin type. I would strongly discourage anyone with combo or oily skin from using this. It essentially has the texture of Crisco- very slick and greasy. That said, it's great for my dry skin. If you have trouble finding a base that will actually spread and blend even if you've moisturized already, you may like this bb. Other bb and cc creams I've tested were way too dry for me.
Color: I'm around NC 20-25, and got Light. If you're lighter than NC 20, the Light will probably show up orange.
Coverage: very sheer to medium, depending on how it's applied. Has a translucent quality like Mac face and body.
Wear: Using a primer helps this to not crease or fade. I usually used Hourglass veil or Armani fluidmaster primer, and liked how both helped the texture set. Stays dewy all day, so I really like this bb compact, and already repurchased.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/7/2014 10:10:00 AM More reviews by asininehi

This sucked. I wore it to work once (barmaid) and had to reapply it so much I literally hit the pan after one shift. It has very sheer coverage and an oily finish. With or without primer, for me, it didn't last long at all. It advertises that it replaces the need for a moisturizer, but I had expected that it would set and mattify somewhat after a while...It just gets greasier. Complete waste of money and I'm taking it right back.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/2/2014 7:40:00 AM More reviews by jojobeann

I bought this because I use the Physicians Formula BB powder compact which I love, but the light/medium is a little too dark for my skin. I actually mistook this for the BB powder in new packaging with a lighter shade so I grabbed it without thinking. Turns out the two products are NOTHING alike. This cream is greasy and gives little to no coverage. Within an hour or two of wear, it was making lines all over my face. I can't see any benefit to this unless you want to look like you have a ton of makeup on without any of the perks of wearing makeup. It also takes a ton to cover your face - I've tried using it a few times with different combinations of powders and primers and I could see the bottom of the tin within 5 days. I usually love PF but this product is a huge miss for me. Save your money and get a regular BB cream or use the BB powder compact.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/24/2014 9:24:00 PM More reviews by cathykl

I noticed this was available in Light so I picked it up a few weeks ago. I really wish I hadn't.

This comes in a compact, and the texture is like a thinner, stickier Vaseline or perhaps castor oil - not creamy like most cream compact make-up, but just kind of tacky and oily. It goes on very sheer, and you can get light coverage but it's not that easy to layer due to the greasy texture. It actually looked and felt like someone mixed Vaseline and foundation together and put it in the container. It doesn't look skin-like at all - it's like a layer of caked on pigmented bacon fat. So unappealing.

Aside from the greasy texture, it has a dewier finish that doesn't seem to set ever, and slides around. The days I wore it, if I would accidentally touch my face, it would wipe right off and then my hand would feel tacky and oily. I like make-up where I can go about my day not worrying, and that if I touch my skin, it should feel like skin - not a grease bomb. And lastly, the Light colour seems to match at first but oxidises too dark/orange and looks streaky (I'm about NC20 right now) and it isn't yellow enough to match my skin. PF's has some great products (their EyeBooster 2-in-1 eyeliner is my HG, and I love their MineralWear powder) but this was a huge, huge fail for me.

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No