October 23, 2014 | 1533 users online

Fragrances - Hermes - Rocabar

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/18/2012 6:40:00 PM More reviews by lemonlye

This scent is pure comfy hotness. At first sniff I thought, "Eh, it's all right, but kind of like any other popular men's fragrance." But as I wore it, I found myself sniffing my own arm and increasingly thinking, "This smells way sexy." Hermes fragrances, in my experience, can sneak up on you that way, and bloom into their true greatness in a gradual fashion. Rocabar is fresh in a piney and orangey way, and masculine enough that I feel a bit like I'm cross-dressing when I (as a woman) wear it. But that's hot too, so, come to me, Rocabar. Snuggle up and stay a while.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/2/2008 9:18:00 AM More reviews by condesadepitimini

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Green

This a truly gorgeous perfume.
When it was first issued in 1998 (ten years ago, already!) it made a statement as it was definitely different from any other scent "en vogue" at the time.
I personally like it a lot, & is instantaneously recognizeable on wearers, as it is so unique.

Of course this cannot be worn by everyone.
It is deep fragrance - the top citrus notes are so volatile that you almost do not get them - that smells hearthy, woody, resinous, plus the spices and the sweet patchouly. It is very masculine and for a self assured man. Very "pheromonic"!
_____________________________
Notes as per Osmoz:

top notes: Bergamot, Lemon, Coriander, Artemisia
heart note: Cardamome, Violet, Orris, Carnation
base note: Patchouli, Benzoin, Vanilla, Oakmoss

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/29/2008 6:19:00 PM More reviews by Nixe

The initial smell of dry moss gave me hope that I might like this fragrance, but sadly, it morphed into a very generic masculine woody Barbasol shaving cream scent with a sweet benzoin touch to it that gave it a dated, nineties feel reminiscent of Givenchy Pi, and Organza Indecence. It dries down to a purely musk scent.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/24/2008 3:15:00 PM More reviews by debrsl

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I would love to smell this on a guy......a little too masculine for me personally.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/5/2006 4:11:00 PM More reviews by babydials

Yum! Warm, woody, with no sharp edges. On me this has a subtly sweet die down. On a guy I imagine it might be a little less so, and totally snuggle enducing.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/4/2004 2:59:00 PM More reviews by ae0003

Was separated from my significant other at N-M Last Call on Sunday; he found me squirting myself with Caleche (which, thank goodness, he DOES like on me) and as soon as the SA saw him, she started pulling out the Hermes men's fragrances. Despite his protests, I insisted the SA squirt him with Rocabar after I smelled it in the bottle. HOLY COW. If there's a men's fragrance can make a woman "weak in the kness," this is it!! :>)

rated 5 of 5 on 11/13/2002 3:52:00 PM More reviews by Sean

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I defitely agree! This is one of my all-time favorite fragrances...

rated 5 of 5 on 11/12/2002 7:48:00 PM More reviews by MikeD

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I purchased this product today, basically on a whim. I am glad I did! It is really a very nice men's fragrance, complete with the requisite coniferous notes balanced with amber and some other nice things. One thing that struck me is the similarity it has with the 'Bois' series from Serge Lutens. Imagine that! I only paid $40 for a nice bottle, and I think I've found a real keeper. I bought this at the same kiosk where I found another rare fragrance, 'La Voile Rouge' by Jeanne Arthes. The owner specializes in hard-to-find fragrances. I will be a regular customer of his, for sure.