November 23, 2014 | 1135 users online

Concealers - LORAC - touch up to go concealer/foundation pen

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/14/2014 5:15:00 PM More reviews by HollyWould123

I purchased this product on sale when Sephora inexplicably decided to stop carrying LORAC products. I was searching for a brightening/highlighting type of concealer similar to Loreal Magic Lumi, YSL Touche Éclat or Marc Jacobs Remedy. Obviously it's best to test these types of products in person, but this was on sale and I generally love LORAC. Turns out this was more like a plain old concealer, which is what I ended up using it for. I purchased a lighter shade than anticipated since it was purchased on the website and I originally intended it for highlighting purposes. Therefore, it was a touch too light for me to use as a foundation. I was just an OK concealer, with light coverage, though buildable. It was creamy, though thin. If the formula were any thinner it would qualify as runny. I think the packaging is perfect for travelling, especially if you're not into a full coverage foundation. It's a pen with a button at one end, with a brush at the other in which the product is dispensed. I used about 2-3 clicks, but never used the brush. Instead, I would dispense the product on the back of my hand and apply it with my fingers/beautyblender. I would probably repurchase this product if it were on sale, but definitely would not pay the full $28 for it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/4/2014 4:26:00 PM More reviews by kitty55

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

I really like this foundation/concealer, especially when I'm in a hurry. It gives good coverage that lasts and kind of reminds me of the "ease" of a stick foundation. I just stripe my cheeks, chin, forehead and under-eyes and go. Very nice. I am NC25 and I wear the CF3 shade..

rated 4 of 5 on 8/12/2014 3:44:00 PM More reviews by flixbix

Have this in CF 10 which is one of the darkest colors. I recently moved to a sunny climate where I've been getting extremely tan, so I had to get a darker concealer and this works just fine. I get way more than I need with one click, but the brush is handy. I'll keep this one in my purse!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/6/2014 4:49:00 AM More reviews by scopingforyou

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

PROS: Very good coverage, not oily (runny) but not drying either. When I'm NC20-25 (neutral, barely leaning warm), I wear C3. But I like a concealer barely lighter than my skin.

CONS: I don't like the ideas of built-in brushes. But I will say it's a very nice brush, and I don't hate having it be so easy to use from my purse. But the size of the brush is a little large for my taste, so when I am at home, I just use my own brush to retrieve the product from the built-in brush. Sometimes this can bother my sensitive eyes, and I have to go back to my Stila 24-hour (or some name like that.) It lasts a long time without creasing too.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/25/2014 3:17:00 PM More reviews by bbarfield12

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this product from Ulta after I was talked into it by a staff member. I didn't actually go in there for that, but I ended up buying it. I have been on the search for a perfect concealer, my issues with concealer have been my eyeliner and mascara transferring to my under eye area after wearing it for a couple hours (or less). I believe this is due to my oily skin and using cream concealers, so I'm looking for a more liquid/oil free concealer.

Pros- Doesn't cause transferring of my eye makeup
Cons- I don't like the packaging ( it is a pen type thing that you click to distribute the product and then it comes out through a brush tip at the end- concerns about hygiene, I feel like I don't have good control of it when I am applying it), the price is $28 US, coverage is pretty sheer, and I get creasing with this.

Even though this product did address my issue with smudging and transferring, it doesn't fit the bill for a good concealer. Returning it to ulta and on to the next one. :/

rated 5 of 5 on 10/26/2013 2:08:00 PM More reviews by Daddysgirl1

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I love this product...it does double duty. The concealer is great, not too gunky, not too thin and easily blended..also, you can use it as a highlighter, foundation or touch up on any blemish or dark spots. Put this in your concealer collection....you will reach for it time and time again and it has a great delivery brush for easy application. It is quite alot of product for the value. If you don't like this let me know of a better one. The CF 3 color is pretty light.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No