Real Techniques by Samantha Chapman Miracle Complexion Sponge

4.2

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Great alternative for the beauty blender. It is a little stiffer.

PROS: I really like its shape, as the flat side is perfect for working on larger portions of the face. Gives a natural finish. Easy to use.

CONS: I have been using it for a few months and washing it regularly, practically after every use, and it started to get a little deformed! When dampened it's okay, but when dry it is noticeable. Also you have to be delicate when washing because mine got a few "rips" and tiny holes.

I loved the way my foundation looked when I applied it with this sponge, but I'm really disappointed with the way it has held up. The first time I tried to wash it it started to rip so I just didn't wash it and now after 3 weeks it has a whole in it and is ready for the trash. :(

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I am so glad that I tried this product My make up has never been so flawless. It looks like my skin only better it gives such a airbrushed dewy finish. I use it for foundation, concealer and my cream contour. I cannot stress just how much better this is than fingers and brushes. It's nothing like the sponge wedges of old (which I never really liked) I'm looking forward to trying the beauty blender next time. Also ivory soap is fantastic for cleaning these sponges (I actually prefer soap to blender cleanser. I have had my sponge for over a month and it's still perfect I wash it after every use with ivory soap and every couple of days I use a makeup brush cleaner to sterilise. I put it on the radiator on top of a washcloth so it dries out thoroughly. I

I purchased this sponge at Walgreens for 4.99 which I thoug was a great price for an alternative to the beauty blender. I have considered purchasing a beauty blender for a couple years now, but was always appalled by the high price for such a small item. I searched for dupes on YouTube, and stumbled across this one. I had been looking in stores for it, so I was happy to finally find it. I use it wet to apply liquid foundation. And dry to apply concealer. It works great! Leaves a dewy finish most of the time. Best to set with powder. Would repurchase for sure!

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I really, really, really love this sponge. I haven't ever tried the Beauty Blender or any of the cheap versions of this - I just bought this sponge and have been rebuying ever since! I use it to apply all of my foundations and find it the best thing ever. I used to have streaking and a thinner application with using brushes for my makeup. Since using this, I get a better/more direct application without any streaks. This makes foundation so easy to blend. I used to be pretty lazy with using this "damp," a lot of times I'd just use it "hard" and it still worked really nice! Now that I moved and my bathroom sink is closer to my makeup station I'm better with wetting it before use, haha. At any rate, it works really well wet or dry! I usually get 3-4 months out of one sponge, daily/heavy use, before it rips or just gets too dirty to clean anymore. I do find that most foundations stain this, but the orange color is not too far from the foundation so it doesn't bother me too much (I think the pink Beauty Blender would make the foundation staining look grosser than it is, so I appreciate the color of this sponge a lot!). I also really like that there's a flat side and a pointed side. I primarily use the flat side, but "roll" the rounded egg side on the sides of my nose and down the bridge of my nose. I also use the pointed end to blend my undereye concealer and the sides/creases of my nose. It's a very dynamic sponge concerning the shape and I really like that part about it. One thing some people might not like, especially those who use pricey foundations, the sponge can absorb a lot of your foundation. However, I find that the smoother application I get out of this sponge is worth the sacrifice of some foundation, and to be honest, brushes absorb a lot too. Ultimately, this is the best sponge on the market, not even considering the price, but the price is also amazing! Try this if you use liquid foundation!!

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

This sponge is soft and applies makeup flawlessly. Love it. I like it more even than my beauty blender sponge. It has a great price and I found a coupon for it so I stocked up. I will buy it again and again. Great quality and affordable price. It is firm but soft at the same time. It is easy to use and does not absorb too much makeup. This will be an staple in my drawer.

I bought this sponge as an alternative to the BB, hoping it would do as good of a job. It's certainly good value for money compared to the BB, but in my experience the RT sponge is difficult to wash, rips and tears very easily and simply does not do as good of a job as blending product into the skin as the BB. Having said that, it can be quicker than applying foundation with a brush although I personally prefer using the RT expert face brush than this sponge.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Well, it might sound like I'm exaggerating but this product has saved me. I'm very particular about foundation and I abhor anything that makes my skin look heavy and cakey. I've tried various methods of applying my base over the years and nothing comes close to this sponge. It gives the most natural finish and help my foundation sink in without wiping it away or sheering out the coverage. My skin has the tendency to drink up the moisture of any product so it can look very flat and dry very easily. This sponge prevents that from happening because it helps the product spread and look more uniform and undetectable on the skin's surface. However it's not the kind of product that will last you many years and mine is quite battered and bruised right now, I will need a replacement real soon. Unfortunately I have not tried the original Beauty Blender so I can't make any comparisons between the two.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

This beauty sponge is amazing for blending foundation and even concealer with its point end that gets under eyes without any effort and awkward hand turning. The sponges wash really well and dry in no time I would highly recommend this product over any pricier alternatives. After using this product I realised how much of my foundation is wasted by brushes soaking it up I would never use a brush to blend my foundation again now.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Never owned a beauty blender so I can't compare but I absolutely love this sponge! Gives a beautiful even finish with all foundations. If you can't afford a beauty blender, get this, no doubt it does the same job!

Popular Misc Beauty Tools

Mia
Mia

Video Reviews & Tutorials

Real Techniques: What's happened to the quality? by Natalee Patel

FIRST IMPRESSION REVIEW: Real Techniques Miracle Complexion Sponge by MyMakeupPerspective

Real Techniques Miracle Complexion Sponge (F.I.F) | First Impression by Chloe Luckin

Top Rated Real Techniques by Samantha Chapman Products