December 18, 2014 | 1008 users online

Misc Beauty Tools - Real Techniques by Samantha Chapman - Miracle Complexion Sponge

rated 5 of 5 on 12/13/2014 9:34:00 AM More reviews by nanakim9

this product is cheaper than beautyblender but i prefer this one, love the shape side so easy to apply the concealer under my eyes

rated 3 of 5 on 12/6/2014 4:25:00 PM More reviews by ambiguouslove

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

let me start this by saying i own a beauty blender--which i love but don't enjoy the price. this sponge is comparable in terms of the finish and application. however i don't consider it a complete dupe for a beauty blender. i feel like the beauty blender is denser and a higher quality product. the real techniques sponge will last maybe about a month of use (with me using it 4x/wk) and towards the end of its life small pieces of the sponge seems to fray and fall off. the beauty blender holds up much better (i've had two miracle complexion sponges in the same time that i've had 1 bb sponge). i've also noticed that the real techniques sponge seems to hold more water than the bb sponge. in any case, i find the two similar in finish but different in quality. for me i'll probably stop buying any more of the real techniques sponges and stick with the bb sponge or the real techniques expert face brush.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/27/2014 1:19:00 PM More reviews by Heechul

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

A flouncy bouncy orange plush sponge that was a supposed dupe for the beauty blender. I have tried the older material, and I must say that it is the only sponge that had the same blendability and squishability and efficacy as my beauty blender. I loved the flat side of the design, and I loved using it!

Until I had to wash it, and it began disintegrating upon first wash. My beauty blender did not falter this quickly, so I'm quite saddened by this. I suppose that the BB may be worth it after all... Thankfully, I'm much more of a brush person anyway, but I would still recommend this to those who have their nose wrinkled at the steep price of a BB.

Edit: Repurchased on 12/3/2014.
You will KNOW if you have had the old one versus the new one. The difference is quite insane in the texture. The older one retained water better, and had a silkier texture to it when applied on the skin. The newer one is still squishy, however feels more dry and less slick on the skin which makes me wonder, why 'fix' something that isn't broken? Was it a cost issue? I wonder if the sisters will ever address this.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/27/2014 1:07:00 PM More reviews by flairgirl8

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have never used the beauty blender sponge so cannot compare the two. I find the Real Techniques makeup sponge to be a great product to apply my Maybelline Dream mousse foundation. It is also easy to clean after each use. I have no problems using this and find the shape to be very effective to apply around the nose area. I think it is a good value.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/24/2014 12:32:00 PM More reviews by mervesen

It has been mentioned that texture of the sponge has been changed and I am writing about new version of it. I must say, It is definitely not a dupe!!! Dont get me wrong, I am not adoring to original beauty blender but at least it gives a nice application. On the other hand this quite hard sponge has large pores which in my opinion causing that non ideal effect. I havent used any other dupes so far and this is the only dupe (!) I have tried and regreted. Maybe older version was better (I have bought mine 1 week ago and trying twice was good enough for me to not like it) but this one is definitely not worth of money.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/23/2014 5:16:00 AM More reviews by StephanieMarie1

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have been using this sponge for a few months, instead of my real techniques buffing brush. It was nothing special but it did the job. I washed it yesterday and as I was squeezing out the water and soap, it ripped in half. I am not impressed as I really wanted to love this product.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/18/2014 1:41:00 PM More reviews by kupo_baby

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I will start by saying that I've never tried the Beauty Blender. But I love this! lol. I use mine damp (squeezed in a towel to get as much water out as possible). I usually just swiped to apply but when I do bounce it on my skin it gives amazing coverage. Now I hate wearing foundation if I don't use this to apply it. Which might end up being an expensive habit. lol

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 11/18/2014 2:42:00 AM More reviews by hayleygracexo

I love this sponge! I've wanted to try the beautyblender for a wee while but didn't want to pay that much for it so when I found this online it was the perfect alternative.

At first, it looked really cakey and didn't blend well. When I tried applying a couple of thinner layers it worked MUCH better and I got that flawless look from my foundation that I wanted.

Consistency of the sponge seems good, haven't used a beautyblender so cant compare but I like the flat edge for blending on my nose and under eyes.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/5/2014 10:13:00 PM More reviews by SophiaSopapilla

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I apply foundation with a flat top kabuki but I use this afterwards to make sure everything is blended and there are no streaks.
It works great for under eye concealer. I usually have some creasing under my eyes by my tear duct no matter what product I use or how I apply the concealer but with the sponge the lines are much better, hardly noticeable at all-even after a long work day.

I had contemplated buying a beauty blender but I just can't justify the price when this performs just as well.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/31/2014 8:17:00 AM More reviews by calooza

This is a great sponge, and very affordable. Those who are thinking to purchase the Beauty Blender... think again.

It's bouncy, soft and applies foundation like a dream. I really like the finish of any foundation using this sponge wet.

The downside is cleaning it. I have acne prone skin, so I'm very cautious about product build up and bacteria. Sponges need to be cleaned (at least in my opinion) every one or two uses, and they're not easy to clean, it takes a lot longer than brushes. So I use brushes most of the time.

Overall I recommend this product, especially if you want an easy full proof way of applying foundation, and if you have dry patches that become very noticeable when you use a brush.

Despite of my positive opinion, I prefer using a brush, so I would not buy it again.