September 19, 2014 | 1861 users online

Misc Beauty Tools - Real Techniques by Samantha Chapman - Miracle Complexion Sponge

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/18/2014 3:06:00 PM More reviews by Kica

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

So after reading so many reviews about how good this is compared to the BB, I decided to finally purchase it...and guess what.....they were right. IME it feels as soft on my face, gives me the same finish to my foundation, and performs just like the BB at a fraction of the price. While I do think the BB does creme blush better because of the rounded end instead of the flat end, it's not in my mu world worth a 15.00 dollar difference because I have stipple brushes that also work for that. The ONLY not even really worth mentioning wish I have is that it came in a container that it could be stored in like the BB. It also cleans up like a champ (I use Dawn)! So far I have no tears in it. So yeah, when my BB bites the dust, this sponge will be the only one I use.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/16/2014 1:15:00 PM More reviews by mizsockmonkey

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This sponge works well for application. However, I can't give it a good review because it started to fall apart on its second use. The third time I used it, a large chunk came out of the top. I wasn't using it in an extra rough manner or anything like that... just normal use! Because of this, even though it's cheaper than the Beauty Blender (which is why I wanted to try this one first), I wish I'd just sprung for the BB, which I'm gonna have to do now anyway.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/14/2014 1:19:00 PM More reviews by blushinglikelulu

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

THIS SPONGE.. OH MY GOD.

I used it for the first time today with my Rimmel Lasting Perfection 25h Nude Foundation and my face looked flawless. I added a few layers and my makeup never got cakey. The only down side was actually my fault. My thumb and forefinger nails are pointed atm and I dug them into the sponge by accident. There are teeny tears but they won't stop me using it.
I am so terribly in love..

rated 5 of 5 on 9/12/2014 12:15:00 PM More reviews by Peekabooa

Very good. It makes foundation routine so much faster and no streaks on my face.

Just get it come on it's 6 bucks!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/12/2014 11:49:00 AM More reviews by Ragdoll87

OMG where has this been all my life? I love this blender!! My foundation looks flawless when I blend with this. The price point is phenomenal. I love the color too!! My foundation looks fabulous and my skin feels hydrated and I don't have any streaking. I have a slightly dewy finish, and no dry spots. This is a must for everyone. I also use this after I've contoured and blushed my face to just blend it all together. Looks flawless. Definitely worth picking it up.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/8/2014 6:00:00 PM More reviews by shones22

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Bought this on Thursday and was ripping by Sunday. That is really poor. Gives a nice finish to my foundation and allows for good coverage around my nose but it has torn already. It is very cheap,only five pounds but not worth it if it isn't going to last.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/5/2014 10:21:00 PM More reviews by jesskamarie

Foundation applies flawlessly and appears much better than using a brush. I haven't tried the original beauty blender, but I dont see the need to since I find this one absolutely perfect. I purchased mine from iherb since I'm from Australia and its MUCH more cheaper online than it is online than in store.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/4/2014 9:51:00 PM More reviews by taral001

This sponge has drastically cut the amount of time it takes me to do my makeup by applying foundation and concealer quickly and flawlessly. I also love that it has a flat edge, which is something the beauty blender does not. I agree with others that it is difficult to clean, but here is some advice: put it in the microwave in about an inch of water for 30 seconds, it will kill the bacteria. I also clean it every day before use with purity by philosophy and have had no issues with breakouts or makeup buildup.

Do not spend $25 on a beauty blender, this works better and is only $6!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/3/2014 5:34:00 AM More reviews by MyMakeupPerspective

I purchased this product from iHerb some time ago and these are my overall thoughts on it;

Pros:

Price
Flawless finish to foundation
Ease of use
Blends easilly

Cons:

Difficult to clean
I'm a bacteria-phobe and using a sponge freaks me out a little!

If you'd like to see my first impression on this product, I filmed it and uploaded it to my YouTube channel (MyMakeupPerspective), here it is:

PS - I am so so so SO happy that MakeupAlley now allows us to embed our YouTube reviews!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/22/2014 2:55:00 PM More reviews by KBaylie

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

The shape of this works very well for my face. The sponge is very soft and easy to work with. Many reviewers are right that it does soak up too much product, but if you are a concealer junkie like me, you'll know that this works very well with concealers. I tend to over conceal, but this product picks up the excess while leaving just the right amount of concealer under my eyes. I use this sponge for my concealer and the Studio Basics Expert Complexion Sponge for my foundation and my makeup looks flawless! Who needs the BeautyBlender when I've got these two babies for half the price?

Edit on 9/18/14: Just upgraded my rating to 5 lippies. This is the BEST for concealer! I love it so much I feel like buying a hundred.