Real Techniques by Samantha Chapman Miracle Complexion Sponge

4.2

on 7/1/2015 5:50:00 PM

Love this sponge! I purchased mine at Ulta it came with 2 in a pack for the price of one so I decided to go ahead and try for back up for my original BB. I started using this sponge once my BB was old and needed to be repurchased and I fell in love. I even reach for this one more now even though I have already purcahsed a new BB. I know alot of people arent a fan of the shape but I like it better. It helps me apply my makeup so effortlessly and it comes out flawless. If you are hesitant about the original BB because of the price point I would just skip it altogether and go stright for this one. You can't beat the price and it works just as great, if not better.

on 6/30/2015 11:19:00 AM

I bought this sponge because the beauty blender was too expensive. Later that month my mum bought me the real beauty blender so i had both to compare. I do prefer the beauty blender because the real techniques sponge does soak up the foundation a little more and it is slightly harder to clean. I would repurchase the complexion sponge instead of the beauty blender because it is really inexpensive and the beauty blender isn't. It costs around 7.00 whereas, the beauty blender is around 25.
Overall, i love the sponge because it has a pointy edge to get under your eyes for your concealer and a flat edge for your face. There is also the curved edge to make sure all the foundation is flawless.
Great Sponge, highly recommend!

on 6/27/2015 1:08:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I had a BeautyBlender and loved it but the price was insane for how long it lasted. I decided to try this one out and am so glad I did. When damp, it blends just as well as the BB. I also really like the flat side on this one. This sponge is a little denser; the BB feels more light and bouncy, however I think the Real Techniques one is durable (the material of the BB tore very easily and left little holes). I find it soaks up less product than the BB; I'm only using 2 small pumps now, I was using like 4 before. All in all, this is a fantastic dupe for someone who cannot bring themselves to shell out $20+ for a sponge that lasts maybe 3 months. Blends foundation and concealer beautifully. I will buy this again and again.

on 6/25/2015 2:01:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium

So...I purchased this for $5.99 at Walgreens out of curiosity. I have a couple Beauty Blenders and I love the results they give. I gave this a try and it is a decent sponge, however it does soak up product. I wet the sponge prior to application and it did swell, which should have reduced it soaking up product but it did not. My biggest complaint is that after I applied my makeup, I washed the sponge and it RIPPED!!! There is a huge tear on the side. It should be more durable than to rip on first washing. I have old Beauty Blenders with small tears, but nothing like this.

on 6/24/2015 4:25:00 AM

Urgh this thing is awful it soaks up all the product. My one pound primark one is way better

on 6/16/2015 4:26:00 PM

I love this thing. I was very hesitant to buy a sponge after using brushes for my base makeup for so long, but now I find myself reaching for this more often than any other tool. It is so soft and easy to work with, and I love the dewy, natural coverage it gives me. It's a bit of work to clean, but that's to be expected with a sponge I guess.

on 6/11/2015 10:05:00 PM

I use both Beauty Blender and RT Miracle Complexion Sponge, but I prefer BB as their quality control is better. I always get different quality or texture RT sponges. Some are softer, some are harder.

on 6/6/2015 10:32:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral

I have had several of these and really like them. I have also had both "versions"....the smooth non porous one and the rougher, very porous (and smaller) one as shown in some photos. I don't think RT 'changed' versions....I feel a very large bad batch went out and that's why there was a moment of panic. lol. As fare as I know, the "defective" sponges weren't out on the market everywhere.
In any case, I don't rate it a 5 as none of mine have really stood the test of time. It's cheap and I don't mind when it tears, but I am very careful when I wash them as to not pull or bunch them and they will still rip or shred in parts after a couple of months.
Overall great sponge for the money and it does what it says it will do....even more if you like to play around with functions.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I have yet to try the beauty blender but I have a feeling that it is just a much more expensive version of this sponge. I see lots of reviews that it is too dense but comepared to my other ones (generic egg shaped ones from amazon) this is by far much lighter. This sponge is much bigger at well which is sometimes kind of awkward in my hands but is great because there is more surface area to work with, I hate having to reuse the same dirty spot in between cleanings. Overall very satisfied and will not likely be looking into a beauty blender.

on 6/3/2015 3:36:00 PM

So, I have had the Beauty Blender for a while and actually repurchased two beauty blenders few months ago. I was shopping online however and decided to try the Real Techniques sponge because it has good reviews and only costs like 6-7 bucks. Wow - I love this sponge, and I actually find myself reaching out to this sponge way more (like 80% of the time) than the Beauty Blender. Why? Because it's soft but a bit stronger and silkier than the Beauty Blender and I feel that it allows me to achieve a more flawless finish and pushes the foundation into my skin flawlessly. I will definitely repurchase and not sure I will even repurchase the beauty blender because I don't use it as much. Another thing that I like about this sponge is the shape - it has an egg like shape on one side and a sharp edge on the other - the sharp edge works well contouring the jawline, cheeks and the sides on my nose.

Definitely recommend this product!

Popular Misc Beauty Tools

Derma Roller
Mia
the sponge
Mia2

Video Reviews & Tutorials

Real Techniques Miracle Complexion Sponge (F.I.F) | First Impression by Chloe Luckin

FIRST IMPRESSION REVIEW: Real Techniques Miracle Complexion Sponge by MyMakeupPerspective

Real Techniques: What's happened to the quality? by Natalee Patel