February 1, 2015 | 2200 users online

Misc Beauty Tools - Real Techniques by Samantha Chapman - Miracle Complexion Sponge

rated 2 of 5 on 1/31/2015 4:18:00 AM More reviews by freyahaseldine

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Green

I used to use macs makeup sponge but they seem to be out of stock all of a sudden. My old mac sponge was getting pretty bad so decided to try this one. I use it to apply mac studio fix plus ( the one that comes with the foundation I find to thin). I also use it to blend concealer under my eyes. I was shocked how rough this sponge is! It feels like its exfoliating my face in the process! And under my eyes it's very uncomfortable. I also don't think it gives me very good coverage. I'll be going back to the mac ones asap.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/26/2015 6:47:00 PM More reviews by daffodil49

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I know there are lots of people out there searching a true duplicate product to the Beauty Blender. Well this is about as close a match as you can find!! To purchase a Beauty Blender in Australia, you will pay over $35 to get one online. This retails for about $15 Australian and is available in a few select places like Priceline. It workes exactly the same as a Beauty Blender and the size and texture are identical, The bonus of this over the BB is the flat part at one end that allows for perfect concealer application. Great value for money!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/26/2015 5:15:00 PM More reviews by becktasm

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

Alright, I am a total beauty blender devotee, but mine (probably my fifth) was long overdue for replacement, so I figured it couldn't hurt to try another option. I'm really pleased with this! Airbrushed application, plus it still has a tipped edge for blending my concealer. It's also done a great job of blending out my cream contour and highlight without picking up any of the underlying foundation and reducing coverage. I'm not going to call it a BB dupe just yet, we'll see how it does with time, but so far I'm a fan.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/22/2015 9:28:00 PM More reviews by rowanj13

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I always wanted to try a Beauty Blender but I couldn't bring myself to spend my hard earned cash on one. One day I found this dupe at the drugstore (on sale, at that!) and I'm so glad I picked one up.

This provides a natural and even foundation application. I use the pointed end for blemishes and/or my under eye area and the flat end for the rest of my face.

I should mention that I didn't love it at first because I found it was breaking me out. It turns out that I wasn't cleaning it properly. I was washing it weekly (I use baby shampoo for this and all my brushes), and giving it a rest for a day or two on the weekend. When I learned to zap it in the microwave for 30-40 seconds (saturated with water and placed in a small bowl of water) before washing it my problems were solved. This kills bacteria and makes it so much easier to wash out the week's product. No more breakouts!

I noticed that mine has a few nicks in it from my fingernails. Be careful when squeezing the excess water out to not dig your nails in otherwise you'll get little tears!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/21/2015 8:47:00 PM More reviews by sassygirl101

Loving this sponge! Great deal and I love how good it blends (pretty much just as good as the beauty blender and I love that one too). But for the money I can buy 3 of these as my dupe! :) I've even used mineral concealer to blend under my eyes and it did a fantastic job!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/18/2015 4:21:00 PM More reviews by majesticax

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Brown

I own both the BeautyBlender and the RT Miracle Complexion Sponge, and if you ask me which one do I recommend more? RT. The BB was a HG for me until I discovered this sponge and decided to try it, at $7 CAD at Winners, I wasn't going to lose much so I thought, "what the heck- why not?!"

What I love the most about this sponge is how porous it is now that I've washed it a few times- why, you may ask? It really blends in my foundation and the pores work for me, it may not for other people, but it does for me. I also love how soft this sponge is, way better than the BB! Plus, the BB is more firm and it stains so much easier than this, ruining the beautiful hot pink colour.

My BB now sits as novelty on my vanity. Already recommended to many people!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/12/2015 10:01:00 PM More reviews by alylauren

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I've never owned a beauty blender, so I can't compare it to that. But, ever since I used this sponge, I don't want to go back to using brushes for applying my foundation or concealer, ever again. THIS SPONGE IS AMAZIIIING! I can really tell that my foundation/concealer just looks more natural & flawless when i apply it using this sponge. Also, applying my foundation & concealer has become faster and easier, thanks to this. I also prefer using this to blend in my cream contour, it looks a lot better and softer as compared to using a small stippling brush. I LOVE THIS THING.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/8/2015 8:32:00 PM More reviews by jinxd

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Decent sponge but no Beauty Blender. This doesn't give me quite the same finish as my BB and soaks up a lot more product but I love the flat side, ease of finding it in local stores and lower price but don't think it's worth it. It's already falling apart after 2 washes when my BB lasted over a year with daily use and wash.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/7/2015 10:17:00 PM More reviews by underage

I like this sponge better than my beauty blender. I'm not sure why but the texture is just better to me. I like how it has the flat edge as well. This is much more affordable than the beauty blender. I've already purchased 2.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/7/2015 9:32:00 PM More reviews by GlitterLove12

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Perfect does not even begin to describe this sponge! I was so excited to see this at Ulta for such a great price. The shape is perfect for every part of my face, the pointed end works great for concealer. The foundation did stain the sponge, but it that's no big deal. Overall I would highly recommend this if you are looking for a great sponge for little money. I plan on purchasing another on my next Ulta trip.