October 23, 2014 | 1316 users online

Misc Beauty Tools - Real Techniques by Samantha Chapman - Miracle Complexion Sponge

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 10/21/2014 2:48:00 PM More reviews by meglovesbeauty

I've heard about people using the 'Beauty Blender' for ages, although living in the UK it's hard to get hold of and I never got round to checking it out online!

So in Boots I came across the Real Techniques sponge and presuming it's similar to the Beauty Blender I can see exactly what the rave is about!

My foundation has never looked so even, flawless and dewy! This sponge is also completely perfect for concealer using the pointed end!

I use this damp and it's also really quick for application so I've been using this in the day as well as the night!

After buying this sponge I'm not longer interested in pursuing the purchase of a Beauty Blender as I feel I'm 100% satisfied with the finish this sponge gives me and I feel as though it completely transforms my make up!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/20/2014 2:45:00 PM More reviews by Makeupcupcake

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Other, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I Looove this sponge! It's so bouncy and soft! It makes the foundation look flawless, natural, luminous and just beautiful! It doesn't make the coverage of your foundation as high as a brush would, but since it looks so natural, you could always add another layer ;) You shouldn't use this sponge with a very liquidy foundation, since it's a sponge and it would suck it up and waste product. This sponge works wonders just as a "finishing-sponge" as well, because it smoothes out brush streaks and makes your makeup look more airbrushed and natural. So even though I don't use this sponge to apply my foundation (which is rarely) I always go over it with the sponge :) The reason why i gave it 4 for packaging is because the sponge it a bit hard to store, and I think it would be a huge bonus if real techniques sold a container/travel case for it (i know the beautyblender has that). The sponge can also tear a bit if you get your nails in it which is a downside, but if it gets too bad, it is probably time to get a new one anyways. The tearing isn't bad though, it's just a small detail and it takes time for it to get bad so i don't think it matters, really ;)

PS: I use this spomge dampened ofcourse! I squeeze it under water and then i squeeze the water out, and then I squeeze it yet another time in a towel ;) I haven't tried it dry, and I wont either- hahah! I don't think that would work out as great :)

rated 5 of 5 on 10/20/2014 2:29:00 PM More reviews by Makeuplove99

My new fave way to apply my foundation.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/20/2014 1:41:00 PM More reviews by crystallynnxox

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I absolutely love this sponge! Not only is it reasonably priced but it works wonderfully!

I tried so many different brushes, sponges and of course fingers to get a flawless complexion and always ended up streaky or patchy. This sponge completely changed that. My makeup comes out perfect every time.
I even use less foundation than when I used brushes and still get better coverage than from any foundation or stippling brush I've ever used.

Only down fall... I can't find them anywhere in ontario. So I either have to order online or get my friend to get me them from the states.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/12/2014 8:27:00 PM More reviews by elitegymnasticsxo

I love this sponge! This applies my under eye concealer perfectly! I love the pointy tip and the flat side! The flat side really gets under my eyes and it covers them beautifully! But, I don't use this for my ugly scar/dark spot on my face. I find that this can't cover it because the sponge soaks up all the concealer that it barely covers anything. But overall, this is a good product and a great dupe for the beauty blender!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/12/2014 6:12:00 AM More reviews by rabbit3

I'm up at 4:05 am everyday for work and allow myself 15 mins to get ready (food, dressed, make up) as I need as much beauty sleep as possible. I was looking for a quick but effective way of doing basic make up (base and mascara) in as quick a time as possible. This is the solution!! After a quick wash and moisturise I apply Laura Mercier silk creme foundation using this sponge (damp). It is so quick to use and applies really well, no streaks, blotches or caking. If i need more coverage I just dab a little extra on in the required area. I can do my whole face in less than 5 mins and it looks pretty much as good as when I can spend more time on it. Its also affordable. The only issue I have is cleaning it properly as I'm not too sure what to use/the best way of doing it. If you're debating to buy or not I'd definitely go for it because I doubt you'd be disappointed.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/12/2014 3:27:00 AM More reviews by Behemath

I love this sponge! I previously used a stippling brush to apply my foundation, and sometimes I would dread putting on my makeup because it would take too long (maybe I'm just lazy...) but when I used the real techniques sponge, it felt like my foundation was applied within seconds! I was so impressed. And it gives a flawless smooth finish as well. All in all, I think it's a great, great product and I would highly recommend it!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/5/2014 11:34:00 PM More reviews by Brittbritt963

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Okay so beauty blended 20$ real techniques $5.99 this is an amazing steal. This is so much more affordable and better than the beauty blender in my opinion. It blends the same. I like the edge. I even use it to put on my bare minerals foundation. Works flawlessly.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/29/2014 11:23:00 AM More reviews by Hawko

I love about 80% of her face brush.
I like the flat surface works better as compared to the Beautyblender and is just as soft & buoyant.
Also price wise it is more reasonable then the Beautyblender. Honestly, I don't think it will cost more than 50 cents to produce one, the rest is transportation and profit. I wonder how much is the mark-up for Beautblender, 600 % or even higher, no way, I will never buy Bb again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/18/2014 3:06:00 PM More reviews by Kica

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

So after reading so many reviews about how good this is compared to the BB, I decided to finally purchase it...and guess what.....they were right. IME it feels as soft on my face, gives me the same finish to my foundation, and performs just like the BB at a fraction of the price. While I do think the BB does creme blush better because of the rounded end instead of the flat end, it's not in my mu world worth a 15.00 dollar difference because I have stipple brushes that also work for that. The ONLY not even really worth mentioning wish I have is that it came in a container that it could be stored in like the BB. It also cleans up like a champ (I use Dawn)! So far I have no tears in it. So yeah, when my BB bites the dust, this sponge will be the only one I use.