Real Techniques by Samantha Chapman Miracle Complexion Sponge

4.2

Shape. I like the shape of the Real Techniques sponge slightly more than the BeautyBlender because of its flat surface. This one has the pointed tip and rounded body like the BeautyBlender, but the flat edge makes it even better. I use this portion for my under eye area.

Durability. Hereís where the Real Techniques Beauty sponge falters. It washes just fine and keeps its shape, but it does begin to get a little junky after a couple of weeks. For mold freaks (how terrifying to think that you sponge you use on your face could be moldy!), youíll probably replace yours before you start to notice things going downhill.

Effectiveness. I didnít experience any issues with this sponge soaking up my product. The finish is just a tad less airbrush-looking than with the BeautyBlender. Itís still very impressive, though.

www.AllTheBestBeauty.com

on 5/19/2015 5:00:00 PM

This product is not worth it. I bought it thinking it may be a dupe for the beauty blender which I own and love. I was wrong, this sponge is so rough and dense compared to the beauty blender. Its also oddly shape and doesn't blend. I would say save up your money for the BB.

on 5/19/2015 3:01:00 PM

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

When did sponges come back info fashion? I must have been living under a rock, so apparently these are all the rage now.
I will say this is a lot different from then crappy triangle white wedges of sponge we used to use though, rather than smearing and streaking it gently blends foundation or what have you into the skin for a nice line free application.

The design concept/ shape is good too, it has a flat edge with a soft point thatís good for doing round your eyes, a rounded side thatís good for covering larger areas like cheeks and a pointed end thatís good for getting in nooks and crannies.

Also its hydrophilic which means you can spray it with water or setting spray and it will absorb the moisture, good for if you're trying to achieve a more sheer or dewy finish. Great idea making it orange too, means you donít have to be horrified at the colour of your foundation on something white!

*TIP use a stippling or Ďbouncingí motion rather than dragging product along the skin, it gives a better finish.
Xx

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Relaxed, Coarse

I bought this sponge today at Wal Mart. It is not porous like the pictures show above. I guess I got the older version, if that theory is even true to be honest.
So as for the review itself, this sponge is just amazing! BETTER than the beauty blender. Yes, I said it. By comparison the beauty blender is harder and much more porous when it it is damp. So I guess if the company did make harder more porous sponges recently, according to theory, I guess they did it to resemble the beauty blender better. Which was a mistake because the sponge is so soft and perfect.
This miracle complexion sponge is SO squishy, so soft, so much better at foundation application. I am just struggling for words! I absolutely love it and will repurchase it every time I can find it at Wal Mart. I really REALLY regret buying the beauty blender for twenty freaking bucks. I want to slap myself.

on 5/17/2015 12:52:00 AM

I'm not sure how to write this review cause I'm on my second one yet never got to use it on my face--because of my cat!!
I tested it out on my inner arm using whipped foundation and concealer before I washed it to use on my face and it seemed to provide a very seamless, smooth and near flawless appearance to my inner arm, but on my face? No, because of my devil cat who thinks she owns everything.
When I wash these I leave these out in the open on a clean and dry wash rag to air dry where I assume my cat can't get to them (but not in the bathroom, yuck) yet she has managed to figure out where I air dry them every single time.
If you have cats hide these cause they will shred them up and chew them up and render them useless!
Also, the ones I have bought, one at Walmart and one at Walgreen's, do not look like the more porous ones in the pictures pictured above, they look like the older version, if there was such a thing as older and newer versions.

on 5/13/2015 5:24:00 PM

I bought about 3 dupe beauty blender sponges from eBay and Amazon and they would break apart or very hard on my face. Since I love real technique brushes, I decided to try this sponge I got for $4 at Ulta. Let me tell you, I LOVE THIS SPONGE! It's so soft and when the foundation goes in, it will come out when you dab it on your face unlike my other sponges where foundation would just disappear. Another way I like to use is, after you apply foundation with a brush, i dab the damp sponge on my face to set my foundation so it gives me that natural glow finish. I keep telling my friends to get them. It's so easy to use and clean. If you don't want to spend $$ on beauty blender. This is for you!!

on 5/13/2015 10:09:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

i LOVE this beauty sponge. I use it to apply liquid foundations, concealers, cream blushes and highlighters etc..... I think I bought it for $6, which is probably the best $6 I've spent on any beauty-related product.

Of course everyone wants to know how this compares to the Beauty Blender. I haven't tried the BB and probably won't since I can't imagine paying an extra $15 for a complexion sponge when this one works so well.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

This sponge helps me to achieve a flawless effect with little effort. I like using the flat edge for my cheeks and forehead, the rounded side for under my eyes, and the tip for around my nose.

It sheers out the foundation somewhat, so if you want lots of coverage, this must not be the sponge for you as you will have to apply more layers. For me, with some acne and redness, it gives me perfect medium coverage.

It does soak up some of the foundation, more so than the Beauty Blender, but I like the shape a lot more than the BB one.

Make sure that you wash and dry this well: otherwise it will start to smell a bit funky.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse

As someone who has used makeup for years, and applied it several ways, I don't understand the beauty blender trend. This does not give you more coverage with less product, I find that it waters down foundation more, causing you to use more product because of thinning. I have tried liking this more, but I honestly just don't see the point. A useless beauty tool, maybe helpful for touching up concealer creasing but that's it. I'm sorry, but I don't have an interest in something that's just used for caking on foundation; spend good money and invest in a good foundation brush, that would be a better option.

on 5/11/2015 10:34:00 PM

I've never used a beauty blender as I can fathom spending that much money for a sponge. I have been using this one for about 5 months and bought a backup 2 weeks after I bought the first one. I'm still using my original. I use it twice before I clean it and I use baby shampoo. I have noticed some slight staining, but that's to be expected. Overall, it's still in excellent condition and applies foundation and blends concealer beautifully. I've only used it damp. I use the flat side to do my foundation and the pointy side to blend in concealer. I also use both sides to bake my under eye with setting powder. Sam Chapman knew what she was doing when she created this product.

Popular Misc Beauty Tools

Derma Roller
Mia
the sponge
Foreo - Luna

Video Reviews & Tutorials

Real Techniques Miracle Complexion Sponge (F.I.F) | First Impression by Chloe Luckin

FIRST IMPRESSION REVIEW: Real Techniques Miracle Complexion Sponge by MyMakeupPerspective

Real Techniques: What's happened to the quality? by Natalee Patel