July 31, 2014 | 1943 users online

Misc Beauty Tools - Real Techniques by Samantha Chapman - Miracle Complexion Sponge

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/30/2014 10:41:00 AM More reviews by OMGURTEEF

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Okay, I'm having some serious trouble understanding why anyone would spend $25 on a Beauty Blender sponge when this little blob of orange wonder is on the market.
This sponge is fantastic. Beyond fantastic. This thing is out of this world.
I'd been wanting to replace using my makeup brushes to apply concealer and foundation for a while, but didn't want to drop the cash on a BB sponge. When this came out, I was hesitant to order it because I generally hate paying shipping on what could be a crap shoot for me. So when it finally became available at a local brick-and-mortar shop, I snagged it immediately.
The first thing I noticed was how much the size increased when the sponge was dampened. This made me happy, as it meant I'd be able to do my whole face quickly rather than having to spend loads of time buffing and stippling tiny areas.
The pointed tip remains pointy when the sponge is wet too, so it's great for spot concealing.
The finish this sponge delivers is absolutely stunning. Never has any foundation looked so natural on my skin. This thing helped blur out my pores and really allowed me an extraordinary amount of control over how much product I wanted on my face.
And spot concealing? This thing is wonderful for that. I don't wear foundation every day, especially in the Summer, but I do conceal any spots that may pop up and it is fantastic at blending the concealer out without removing it entirely (a problem I've had with brushes since I started using makeup). And since it doesn't just glob on tons of product, I find that my concealer wears longer rather than sliding or fading off. (Less is more, kids.)
For $6, this is a steal.
The packaging it comes in is a little cheapo, but it's going to get thrown out anyway so who cares? I do wish it came with some kind of tray or container to put it in, but whatever. That's what they made makeup cases for.
Definitely pick this up if you're in the market for a great sponge at a fraction of the cost of its competitor!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/28/2014 6:15:00 PM More reviews by MasksOffMasksOn

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

It gives a flawless and smooth finish, dosen't dring a lot of makeup, BUT if you ask me, it's a little less better than the beauty belender.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/24/2014 1:00:00 AM More reviews by Kimelise

Tried this today for the first time and have to say I love this!! I usually wear a medium-full coverage and apply with a stippling or buffing brush. Was worried with a sponge as I didn't think I would get a strong coverage/lasting power but I used this damp today to blend out my foundation and it was FLAWLESS!! Covered a nasty blemish or two with ease- no concealer required!!! I've never had that effect with a brush. Seamlessly blended out under eye highlight and I have had no creasing yet- after about 8hours wear!! I cannot compare to a beauty blender as I have never used one. In comparison to other sponges I think the flat side is ideal. Seriously cant get over this. Won't be using a brush for a while!!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/19/2014 2:53:00 PM More reviews by jaunemoutarde

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I use this product to apply my foundation (Estee Lauder Double Wear), under eye concealer (MAC Pro Long Wear or LA Girl Pro Concealer) and Banana Powder. I dot my foundation and under eye concealer, and then stipple the product into my face using this sponge. the result is a flawless finish with no caking afterwards. I then set up under eye concealer using Ben Nye's Banana Powder using this sponge, and it blends in perfectly.

To wash, I simply use baby shampoo and lukewarm water.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/19/2014 3:17:00 AM More reviews by bixbailey

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I use this to apply mmu so perhaps it gets beat up a bit more harshly than with liquid, I don't know. But after a few months, it's going down the same path as both my Beauty Blenders, which began to stiffen and flake where used most (in this case, its flat side). I'm glad I went for this over a third BB because the price wasn't justified by its performance for my use. I did use BB at times for liquid, and it was fine but I wasn't wowed. Bottom line, I'd buy the RT again and probably will. However- when I first washed it, a black serial number appeared randomly on the sponge. Not budging now. What the everloving hell?

rated 5 of 5 on 7/15/2014 5:11:00 PM More reviews by Lovelylizzie

I cannot compare this to beautyblender because I do not own one. However, this sponge is absolutely fabulous. I have tried the sonia kashuk version as well as target's up&up version... This outperforms both of the aforementioned products by a landslide.

After running it under water, it expands to nearly double its size.
I use to blend out my Covergirl Outlast 3-in-1 Foundation.
Literally, it gives me full coverage without any hint of cakiness.
People can't really tell I'm wearing makeup which is very odd!

If you're looking to try something other than brushes and fingers, but don't want to take the plunge into buying a beautyblender, purchase the RT sponge.

I feel content with using the RT sponge and have no desire to purchase the BB.

It's awesome!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/14/2014 2:59:00 PM More reviews by Chloeclover

I honestly do not know if I would repurchase again. I recently bought this and it worked beautifully but after I tried cleaning it with some soap and water the sponge started to break apart and flake. Not too sure how you would clean it because it doesn't really last with just mild soap and water. So I bought a replacement but not too sure how long this one will last. I might just have to buy the real thing and get the beauty blender

rated 5 of 5 on 7/10/2014 12:23:00 PM More reviews by Myrahotchkiss

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Firstly for those looking to compare this to the Beauty Blender, I have never used one. I had never used anything other than a (Real Techniques) brush to apply my foundation before this sponge, and I will never use anything again omg.

I never knew that my skin could look so flawless. This sponge is incredible. I use it damp (wet it thoroughly, then squeeze it out a lot). It doesn't eat product up like a normal cosmetic sponge. It is EXTREMELY easy to use. I watched an amateur YouTube review of it in which the girl showed how to use the sponge. After one shot at using it on myself I was thrilled with the results.

DO clean your sponge often as they can harbour germs, especially as you use them damp. Don't store damp in a box or anything because it will grow mold. Which is totally gross.

I've had this for about 2 months and it's still going strong, but I will repurchase when it kicks it.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/10/2014 8:51:00 AM More reviews by aliciagrasby

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Blue

A lot of people are comparing this sponge to the BeautyBlender but I have never tried that and can only comment on my experiences with this sponge. That being said I really like this sponge. It creates a flawless foundation base but it looks really natural. I haven't experienced cakey-ness with this sponge. It also makes adding extra coverage very easy. The round and flat sides are good for different areas of the face and the pointed end makes getting into small areas (eyes and nose) very easy and is great to blend out concealer.
I can't think of a single bad thing about this sponge! I will definitely be rebuying.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/9/2014 7:34:00 PM More reviews by nihaobrookey

gives such a beautiful finish!, & if you're having trouble cleaning it use dr bronners Castile soap it gets it completely new looking with very little effort! :)