Real Techniques by Samantha Chapman Miracle Complexion Sponge

4.2

on 9/1/2015 6:57:00 PM

I love this sponge! Never had the beauty blender, but this one does the job at the fraction of the cost. I use it damp and it makes application easy and gives a flawless look.
I'd give it 5 star, but the first sponge I had, fell apart in less than a month. Even though I didn't use it quite often.
Overall, it's a good deal!

on 8/26/2015 3:14:00 PM

I bought this to see if I would like the Beauty Blender since this is much cheaper, and if I didn't like using a sponge, it wouldn't be a huge waste of money. I've used this sponge dry and damp, and I much prefer when it's damp. This sponge is amazing for full coverage foundation and hides any blemishes much better than a brush. I use the flat side for applying my foundation, and the pointed side to apply concealer around my eyes and on any blemishes. I also sometimes use the sponge to blend in a liquid highlighter. It's very smooth and soft, and is also pretty sturdy. Because of how amazing this made my foundation look, I think I might try the Beauty Blender next but wouldn't hesitate to buy this again.

Pros; Flawless application, soft and smooth, good price, and works for any skin type.
Cons: It does soak up a bit of product if used dry, and it is a little hard to get all of the soap suds out after washing it.

on 8/20/2015 8:49:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Tis is the best sponge ever !!! It's so soft and blend the makeup smoothly . I use it for blending the bb creams , the conturing and highlighting and the concealer

on 8/20/2015 12:52:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I don't have a Beautyblender but I can't imagine it works any better than this amazing makeup sponge. I wet it really well and then squeeze it out in a towel until it's almost, but not quite, dry. I use it to blend foundation and it works incredibly well, totally unlike the old white latex sponges, which tend to absorb the makeup rather than blend it. The Real Techniques sponge does not absorb much foundation at all but it definitely helps sheer it out and even reaches the small contours of the face, like around the nose and in the eye sockets and undereye areas. I simply use a blotting motion, gently tapping the sponge, never dragging or pulling. I get excellent coverage and the finish looks completely natural, only better. I bought this little beauty at Ulta for $6 and it's one of the best beauty purchases I've made in quite some time. I didn't want to spend $20 for a Beautyblender so this was the next best thing. The reviews were good so I decided I didn't have much to lose because I bought it at Ulta and could always return it if I absolutely hated it. But I am, instead, in love with this marvelous little orange sponge. I also use it to blend cream blush and it works equally well. It cleans easily with a little baby shampoo or Dawn dishwashing liquid. I hope it will last a good long time. I haven't purchased a cosmetic tool that I was this excited about since I purchased my Real Techniques blush brush (which is excellent btw). So far, I'm loving Real Techniques products and look forward to trying some of their other brushes and such. These gals obviously know their business and their items are reasonably priced and as good as much more high end products. I see no need to purchase a Beautyblender now. It can't possibly be better than this little orange gem. I definitely recommend this product.

on 8/19/2015 8:12:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Cool

I really love this! I have never bought the Beauty Blender as I thought it was way too expensive and when I kept hearing that this way a dupe for it I was thrilled! I finally found this at my local London Drugs as it is always sold out at Walmart and I love it! I don't even use my RT buffing brush anymore. It's pretty easy to clean - I've never had any trouble in that department - and I haven't noticed it soaking up any excess product. It blends like a dream and it leaves my face with such a flawless finish that I couldn't achieve with my foundation brushes. It really is amazing and for the price I would definitely repurchase when I need to! Love this!

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

These sponges are very inconsistent in quality. I bought one of these sponges around a year ago and it was quite good, it was very soft, squishy, and easy to clean. Then I purchased one of the same sponges about a month ago and had to throw it out because the quality of it was so bad. It was hard as a rock, retained so much water, wouldn't blend any of my makeup, stained extremely easily, and when I tried to wet it the shape of it became deformed until it dried fully. If you're lucky to get one of the decent sponges, then yes this is a good sponge, but be wary because there is a good chance you will get one of the crappy sponges like I did and have to throw it out because it's actually useless. If you want a safer investment where you know the quality will always be consistent, I would definitely suggest buying a beautyblender (more expensive I know, but at least you know when you buy one there isn't a 50% chance you'll be wasting your money!)

on 8/7/2015 3:24:00 AM

So far I have only used this sponge when it's wet.

Pros:
Very soft, feels nice against the skin.
Delivers a natural look (although not flawless as some claim) and I do like applying my foundation and concealer with this.
I like the shape of it - the flat surface helps contouring around nose and eyes and the pointy tip does help apply concealer to smaller areas.

Cons:
Although the sponge doesn't absorb too much make-up, I do find myself using more foundation than when I usually do when applying foundation with fingers.
I agree with other reviewers regarding cleaning, this sponge is not particularly easy to clean so it probably accumulates a lot of bacteria and stuff.

Verdict:
Just overall a pleasant, non-messy experience. I might repurchase again unless I find some dupe for this.

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

I go back and forth with sponges. I love how the makeup goes on, I don't like how much product they absorb. Also when you wash them they don't get totally clean, which is kind of gross. Thank being said, this is an awesome one, at a good price, so if you use them, try it!

on 8/5/2015 7:17:00 PM

Great product that really helps to 'push' foundation into the skin making it last longer and appear more natural. Occasionally it does soak up a lot of product but I find some brushes do this too so it's just what comes with the whole liquid foundation/highlighter scene.

Great price, purchased mine for about 5 in Superdrug in April and have used pretty much every day since and it has kept it's shape brilliantly. It gets quite grubby and dirty quickly though so make sure you wash it regularly - this can be done rather easily by using warm water with Johnson's baby shampoo. Regular soap is too harsh for the sponge and your skin.

Definitely recommend this product..if you feel in a bit of a rut with your current make up routine take a chance and buy this! It will totally spruce up your routine! x

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

Recently coverted to using this sponge after I saw a MASSIVE hype about beauty blenders. I wasn't willing to pay the price of a beauty blender and found this was a perfect alternative.

Pretty much the same as a beauty blender, although one end is flat, which is excellent for buffing out your foundation to ensure a smooth coverage.

I have owned this sponge for a couple of months now and it hasn't lost it's shape or ripped in any places. I use it every day when applying my foundation and love the way it blends into my skin. I used to use a foundation brush but found it was allowing my foundation to sit on top of my skin without being properlly blended.

If you are thinking, how is this different to a normal flat square sponge, my answer is it is different in everyway!! Instead of swiping makeup on, this sponge allows you to dab in a stippling motion leaving you with an "air brush" finish.

The packaging is terrible though & took me forever to get the sponge out!!

The only other issue I have had is it can be hard to clean. I attempted it once and due to the flowing water the sponge ballooned on me, however once dried it reverts back to it's original shape.

But considering they aren't all that expensive, if I had any issues, I wouldn't hesitate to purchase a new one. Great product!!

Popular Misc Beauty Tools

Mia
Foreo - Luna
Foreo - Luna

Video Reviews & Tutorials

FIRST IMPRESSION REVIEW: Real Techniques Miracle Complexion Sponge by MyMakeupPerspective

Real Techniques Miracle Complexion Sponge (F.I.F) | First Impression by Chloe Luckin

Real Techniques: What's happened to the quality? by Natalee Patel