October 1, 2014 | 1779 users online

Lip Gloss - Maybelline - Color Elixir (All Shades)

rated 4 of 5 on 9/26/2014 8:32:00 AM More reviews by acatcalledbellatrix

I have these in Hibiscus Haven, Petal Plush, Raspberry Rhapsody and Vision in Violet. These are very pigmented and not sticky at all which is nice when you have long hair like I do!

These are fairly expensive for drugstore lipglosses here in Australia (AUD$18) but they're long lasting and don't taste disgusting. The packaging is super cute and the little arrow shaped applicator applies the perfect amount of product. I never find myself reaching for these for some reason but when I do I'm always reminded of how much I love them.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/25/2014 2:24:00 PM More reviews by scm240

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

The applicator and size are excellent, the colors are beautiful and pigmented and so, so shiny and I love how I looked in these, but...

(and it's a big but)

THE SMELL.

I admit I'm probably more sensitive to scents than the next person and my sensitive skin demands that I use fragrance-free everything, even laundry detergent. But I couldn't get through an hour wearing these because I felt like I was choking on perfume. It may have dissipated...into my mouth and I couldn't escape it.

I can use a product whose scent I dislike, but not when it's majorly overpowering, such with these.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/23/2014 1:03:00 PM More reviews by kaxel

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I bought this in shade 025, Mauve Mystique. It is pretty much a dupe for Buxom "Dolly" lipgloss, which is great since I just ran out of that & didn't want to spend $19! This is 1/3 the price at 6.50 at Target.

I actually thought this was lipstick based on the clever packaging, which looks like a bullet of lipstick. When I opened it, I was surprised to find lip gloss. I'm not a huge gloss fan, but I LOVE this.

It is super "plush" and my lips feel like they're being caressed by softness…..It is not drying and has a nice pop of color, which is rare for lip gloss (they all tend to go "clear" on my pale lips)..and it wears well. I also love the packaging, which is sturdy and chic, plus lets you see the color of the product really well.

I'll definitely check out other colors, and would rebuy this in a sec - plus am telling my friends who are "Dolly" fans to check it out.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/20/2014 6:38:00 PM More reviews by EmmaHarrison3

So far I have only bought 2 of the 20 color elixir lipgloss's (shade105 - petal blush and shade 705 - blush essence) and I already plan to buy more. These super cute lipgloss's act as a lipgloss, a lip balm (as its super pigmented) and a lipstick all in one. They are not sticky, and have long lasting color throughout the day (even whilst eating/drinking/talking etc.) The packaging makes it look like an expensive, high end lipgloss and its not, also it's such a super tiny lipgloss ideal for smaller handbags when out with friends or if your in work and in need of a top-up. I would definitely buy more of these, and would recommend these to anyone with a 100% guarantee of not disappointing you.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 9/19/2014 3:41:00 AM More reviews by antolin1

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Alrighty, so... I am definitely in the minority here. I purchased two of this today (Mandarin Rapture and Vision in Violet) and they looked so pretty in the tube, plus I had read a ton of reviews that said these are super pigmented, so I was excited to try em... Got home and was all like "wtf?!?" The violet barely shows on me at all. The mandarin one was "cute" and all - IF you are looking for a really sheer hint of color. I coulda got the same color payoff from a tinted balm for 1/3 of the price.

I am a pretty fair/med skin tone, fluctuating btw NC25 and NC30 with very nude colored lips and these were barely there on me. I just looked at some more photos of people reviewing these Elixirs and happened to notice these seem to have more pigmentation on really pale gals. Thus if you are pale or looking for just that hint of color I suppose you might like these; otherwise don't bother. It's really too bad about the false advertising on this stuff pigmentation wise, because the formula is really good for a gloss - not stickly at all. BUT the scent is overwhelming in a way that totally turned me off (really floral-ish?) even if these did work for me color wise. The taste of this is so horrible, it's like I sprayed parfume in my mouth. It actually made my mouth numb.

Can I get an AMEN for Ulta's excellent return policy? I hope so, bc I am taking these back in the morning. Yuk.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/18/2014 3:19:00 PM More reviews by JoyConway

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I adore all...

rated 4 of 5 on 9/18/2014 4:24:00 AM More reviews by Arinabee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love the consistency of this product. It nice a thick but not like your traditional lip gloss. Its not sticky at all and honestly i love the smell. It does have a slight taste which is not that great but to me its not that bothersome. My only complaint is the price versus how much product you get. I got mine at cvs and it was like 9 bucks for such a small tube.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/14/2014 7:35:00 PM More reviews by Cassak

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Other Eyes: Green

I'm obsessed with this. It's so indepthly pigmented and smooth! I have the purple one and it's SOOO bright I'm in love with it. Only purple shade that is that bright in my collection

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/14/2014 12:02:00 PM More reviews by andToto2

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Grey

These are very nice lip glosses. I have only bought two so far, Intoxicating Spice, which I love a lot, and Caramel Infused, which is pretty, but not quite enough color for my liking. They are very moisturizing, and the staying power is pretty good. I like that it is a smaller tube. So many glosses come in a longer tube, and I like to keep my lip product in my pocket at work, so I have it to reapply whenever I need to, and these shorter tubes fit very nicely. I am going to try out more colors soon.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/12/2014 3:32:00 PM More reviews by glowing500

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Smooth. Not sticky. Beautiful color choices. Long lasting color.

LOVE THESE!!!

I wish I had purchased two more of these instead of the two Super Stay 24 hour colors that I purchased. I should have known better. I hated Super Stay foundation with a passion and the lip colors are no better. These, however are awesome! It's funny how companies can put out some outstanding products and also some real turkeys.

I own Blush Essence and Fuchsia Flourish and both are very flattering on my cool, fair skin. My lips are colorless...no joke...totally colorless so I need some color to punch up my pale face and these do the trick nicely.

I plan to pick up a couple more of these the next time I hit a sale and have some Maybelline coupons. These perform just as well as high end lip products do for a fraction of the price. Well, not maybe a "fraction". Drugstore products prices have been creeping up lately just like everything else I guess.