January 31, 2015 | 971 users online

Lip Gloss - Maybelline - Color Elixir (All Shades)

rated 3 of 5 on 1/30/2015 10:45:00 PM More reviews by Firefire

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Mine is 090. I think another reviewer Stellina summarized this all. Not a full color product but have more than normal gloss. This leaves an even stain behind ( more like semi matte lipstick finish, not satin nor cream lipstick) when the gloss / shiny is gone ( about an hour). But then the left over stain disappeared in another hour or so.

This one is still sticky/ tacky, though not as sticky as MAC. But definitely stickier than juicy tube.

I hate sticky/ tacky lippie so definitely not going to buy again. The most I can take is juicy tube, and I have thrown away MAC, T leclerc, Estée lauder lip liquac. I am sitting on the fence for this one.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/28/2015 9:18:00 PM More reviews by makeuploveraus

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I'm a lip anything addict and really love this product. The bright colours have great colour pay off and there is a nude shade to suit every complexion. I really like these as they do exactly what they claim to do. I much prefer them over the loreal colour riche version which tends to rub off quickly and does not feel as moisturising as these do. I got mine from a local chemist warehouse (drugstore to US) and they were only 15AUS which is pretty good given I often pay 36AUD for a mac lip-gloss of equivalent quality.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/19/2015 6:47:00 PM More reviews by princessho

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I really like this! I got it in Signature Scarlet because I needed something to moisturize my lips with my MAC lipstick (it's a perfect color match for MAC red). It's not too sticky, and it has good color payoff and decent longevity.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/17/2015 11:02:00 PM More reviews by Wezo

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Blue

What a great product! Up until recently, I've avoided lipgloss but caved and jumped on the NYX Buttergloss conga line. The packaging is what drew me to these - I'd ever even heard of them to be honest. I initially thought it was a lipstick due to the shape of the tube. I bought the colour 'Rose Redefined' which is a lovely shimmerless soft rosey pink colour. It feels so luxurious on my lips - like a soft, jellyish cushion without being sticky and greasy. There is a noticeable fragrance which I like but I imagine it would bother people who are sensitive to fragrance. I find these to be very moisturizing and even after it eventually wears off, my lips feel really hydrated.
The claim for Color Elixir is that it 'delivers the creamy shine of a lip gloss, saturated colour of a lipstick and cushiony comfort of a lip balm,' and I agree it does all 3 of these! The colour payoff is great, they apply evenly, have amazing shine and feel amazing on the lips.
They're fairly pricey in Australia so I'll only purchase them on sale - luckily my local chemist had a 50% sale recently and I've since purchased 'Caramel Infused' (slightly shimmery rose pink with a touch of caramel), 'Raspberry Rhapsody' (slightly shimmery berry shade), 'Signature Scarlet' (shimmerless warm toned red), 'Vision in Violet' (shimmerless blue-based purple).
I highly recommend these lipglosses - they really are a fantastic product!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/11/2015 6:12:00 PM More reviews by ewon8413

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

The BEST lip products from the drugstore.

Moisturizing, a glossy finish, vivid and plumping colours (Tangerine and Raspberry Rhapsody), and lasts a long time. Smells sweet and the packaging is absolutely lovely. The applicator is more preferable being this rounded oval frame that glides smoothly across the lips.

Better than Etude House, Revlon, Rimmel, any other Maybelline lip product.
My HOLY GRAIL, if there was one lip product line I could use for the rest of my life... These would be it.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/10/2015 1:55:00 AM More reviews by Curlybird

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

I own this in the shade Vision in Violet, a very vibrant pink-toned purple shade and an absolutely gorgeous color. I give it one star for the color. This lipgloss is highly pigmented and the formula is fairly long-lasting but sticky. The color is a bit overwhelming against my pale skin but the color is the best thing about this lip gloss.The scent is reminiscent of fabric softener. This gloss also gives my lips a burning sensation, so it could be good for plumping (not that I need that).

One thing in its favor, though-- the thick formula mixes well with lipstick to create a custom color. Vision in Violet over red lipstick makes a very pretty berry lip color. Unfortunately, the stickiness, detergent smell and burning feeling all mean I can't even do that.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/9/2015 3:17:00 PM More reviews by darknessdarling

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Grey

I love this stuff. It's very nice feeling on the lips and the brush is very soft so that's a nice touch. The colours are pigmented and go well layered over other lipsticks if you find a good coordinating shade, which shouldnt be hard since there's a ton of colours to choose from.

I also love the packaging - it's so cute and looks like a tube of lipstick. I do not like the price point but for something that is like a gloss/lipstick hybrid, it works perfectly fine and there are typically good DS sales when I buy them.

Haven't worn them to work yet so I'm not sure about the wear time but will update when I do.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/8/2015 8:25:00 AM More reviews by RachelisGreen

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

These are wonderful. I have a HUGE make up collection and lip products are very high on the ranking for me. I love to wear bold lips, glossy lips, crazy lips....I'm all about the lips! I saw my friend wearing the pink color and I forget the name but I'm pretty sure its something fuchsia. It looked like she applied lip liner, lipstick and a colored gloss over it! But when I asked her what she was wearing she handed me one of these. I was truly shocked at how great her lips looked. They looked full and very pigmented. The formula is not sticky at all and it goes on very creamy and smooth its almost a weird consistency. This is great if you're in a rush and don't have a lot of time to get ready. I have also tried the "Caramel Infusion" and that one is just as gorgeous. These are decently long wearing too. I highly recommend these to beginners and pros! They are very rich in color and they give lips a super gorgeous high gloss finish. I always get compliments when I wear these. I′m excited to try out the other colors!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/8/2015 7:42:00 AM More reviews by iloveurbandecay

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I bought Caramel Infused on sale. It's a MLBB colour gloss that is one of the best glosses I've tried; and a gorgeous neutral colour that doesn't make me look ill - I'm NC10 and usually wear lipstick in a pink/red type of colour. The formulation leaves nothing to be desired - it's hydrating, looks great on and can often be found on sale at Shoppers Drug Mart. I was tempted to buy it because of the low sale price. Regular price is way too much ($12 Cdn). For me, this is a nice weekend look.

I took off one lippie because of the fact that Maybelline tests on animals.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/5/2015 11:43:00 PM More reviews by ferisita

Looooove these!!! I have caramel something, one nude and another color that looks purple on the tube but it turns on a very nice pink...
I like the formula, is not that sticky but it lasts a lot and the pink one also stains your lips very nicely.
This are sooo cheap, I will try the other colors.