Maybelline Color Elixir (All Shades)

3.9

OCTYLDODECYL NEOPENTANOATE TRIMETHYLSILOXYPHENYL DIMETHICONE HYDROGENATED POLYISOBUTENE HYDROGENATED STYRENE/METHYL STYRENE/INDENE COPOLYMER HYDROGENATED POLYDECENE HYDROGENATED STYRENE/BUTADIENE COPOLYMER BIS-DIGLYCERYL POLYACYLADIPATE-2 HYDROGENATED CASTOR OIL ISOSTEARATE BIS-BEHENYL/ISOSTEARYL/PHYTOSTERYL DIMER DILINOLEYL DIMER DILINOLEATE CETYL DIMETHICONE SILICA SILYLATE PENTYLENE GLYCOL POLY C10-30 ALKYL ACRYLATE CAPRYLYL GLYCOL PENTAERYTHRITYL TETRA-DI-T-BUTYL HYDROXYHYDROCINNAMATE CALCIUM SODIUM BOROSILICATE PUNICA GRANATUM SEED OIL ALUMINA CALCIUM ALUMINUM BOROSILICATE SYNTHETIC FLUORPHLOGOPITE LINALOOL SILICA POLYETHYLENE TEREPHTHALATE TIN OXIDE LIMONENE ALUMINUM HYDROXIDE ACRYLATES COPOLYMER DIMETHICONE PARFUM / FRAGRANCE [+/- MAY CONTAIN / PEUT CONTENIR MICA CI 77891 / TITANIUM DIOXIDE CI 45410 / RED 28 LAKE CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499 / IRON OXIDES CI 15850 / RED 7 CI 45380 / RED 22 LAKE CI 15985 / YELLOW 6 LAKE CI 19140 / YELLOW 5 LAKE CI 75470 / CARMINE CI 42090 / BLUE 1 LAKE

on 2/17/2015 3:28:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Other

These are available in some gorgeous colors. I have three, and love the color that each gives. It's more than a typical gloss - closer to a liquid lipstick, but still very sticky. The packaging is more elegant than Maybelline typically uses, and the applicator is easy to use (although a little weird looking, like a broken doe-foot).. These stay on for a long time and leave color behind once they've worn off. They're better than average and they're cheap, which is an added bonus. My one complaint is that they are among the strongest scented products I've ever tried. It overwhelms my sense of taste and smell, and it does linger. I'm not sure what they were going for but to me it is like a really synthetic version of Fresh's Sugar EDT. It's so bad that I took of a lippie. If you're not sensitive to that sort of thing though, these are fab.

on 2/12/2015 1:32:00 PM

I absolutely love these! They create a nice sheer wash of color and doesn't feel like most glosses on the lips. One of the few scented products that I love especially because of the scent- they literally smell like real flowers!

on 2/8/2015 12:58:00 PM

I am a little surprised this does not have a higher average rating....but to each their own. I have this in probably 6 or 7 different shades, and I like each one very much. These apply easily and smoothly, do not glop all over the place, these apply pretty evenly, and they wear very nicely througout the day. I can get a good 4 to 5 hours wear out of these, which is pretty good imo for this type of product. After the 4 or 5 hours I still somehow have a subtle flattering NATURAL stain...

These colors are all very flattering and very natural on me (I am NC20) but I think they would look good on almost all skin tones. These do not glop or turn a funny color and did not crease or act or behave badly. Just a pleasure to wear!! A subtle, sweet-type smell, and even has a subtle sweet taste (oops! I tasted my lip product! lol..) These are very easy to apply, in fact, if you needed to, you could probably easily apply these even without a mirror.

Would recommend and have re-purchased many times. I just wish they would come out with more shades.

on 1/31/2015 3:35:00 PM

I absolutely hate this lipgloss, Honestly, I was never a fan of lipgloss and bought this by mistake because I thought it was a lipstick. It was on clearance at Target for $2 and decided to try it out. It's awfully sticky, the colour (I got it in Signature Scarlet) does not stay in one place. Really icky.

on 1/30/2015 10:45:00 PM

Mine is 090. I think another reviewer Stellina summarized this all. Not a full color product but have more than normal gloss. This leaves an even stain behind ( more like semi matte lipstick finish, not satin nor cream lipstick) when the gloss / shiny is gone ( about an hour). But then the left over stain disappeared in another hour or so.

This one is still sticky/ tacky, though not as sticky as MAC. But definitely stickier than juicy tube.

I hate sticky/ tacky lippie so definitely not going to buy again. The most I can take is juicy tube, and I have thrown away MAC, T leclerc, Estée lauder lip liquac. I am sitting on the fence for this one.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

I'm a lip anything addict and really love this product. The bright colours have great colour pay off and there is a nude shade to suit every complexion. I really like these as they do exactly what they claim to do. I much prefer them over the loreal colour riche version which tends to rub off quickly and does not feel as moisturising as these do. I got mine from a local chemist warehouse (drugstore to US) and they were only 15AUS which is pretty good given I often pay 36AUD for a mac lip-gloss of equivalent quality.

on 1/19/2015 6:47:00 PM

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

I really like this! I got it in Signature Scarlet because I needed something to moisturize my lips with my MAC lipstick (it's a perfect color match for MAC red). It's not too sticky, and it has good color payoff and decent longevity.

on 1/17/2015 11:02:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Blond, Kinky, Fine

What a great product! Up until recently, I've avoided lipgloss but caved and jumped on the NYX Buttergloss conga line. The packaging is what drew me to these - I'd ever even heard of them to be honest. I initially thought it was a lipstick due to the shape of the tube. I bought the colour 'Rose Redefined' which is a lovely shimmerless soft rosey pink colour. It feels so luxurious on my lips - like a soft, jellyish cushion without being sticky and greasy. There is a noticeable fragrance which I like but I imagine it would bother people who are sensitive to fragrance. I find these to be very moisturizing and even after it eventually wears off, my lips feel really hydrated.
The claim for Color Elixir is that it 'delivers the creamy shine of a lip gloss, saturated colour of a lipstick and cushiony comfort of a lip balm,' and I agree it does all 3 of these! The colour payoff is great, they apply evenly, have amazing shine and feel amazing on the lips.
They're fairly pricey in Australia so I'll only purchase them on sale - luckily my local chemist had a 50% sale recently and I've since purchased 'Caramel Infused' (slightly shimmery rose pink with a touch of caramel), 'Raspberry Rhapsody' (slightly shimmery berry shade), 'Signature Scarlet' (shimmerless warm toned red), 'Vision in Violet' (shimmerless blue-based purple).
I highly recommend these lipglosses - they really are a fantastic product!

on 1/11/2015 6:12:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

The BEST lip products from the drugstore.

Moisturizing, a glossy finish, vivid and plumping colours (Tangerine and Raspberry Rhapsody), and lasts a long time. Smells sweet and the packaging is absolutely lovely. The applicator is more preferable being this rounded oval frame that glides smoothly across the lips.

Better than Etude House, Revlon, Rimmel, any other Maybelline lip product.
My HOLY GRAIL, if there was one lip product line I could use for the rest of my life... These would be it.

on 1/10/2015 1:55:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I own this in the shade Vision in Violet, a very vibrant pink-toned purple shade and an absolutely gorgeous color. I give it one star for the color. This lipgloss is highly pigmented and the formula is fairly long-lasting but sticky. The color is a bit overwhelming against my pale skin but the color is the best thing about this lip gloss.The scent is reminiscent of fabric softener. This gloss also gives my lips a burning sensation, so it could be good for plumping (not that I need that).

One thing in its favor, though-- the thick formula mixes well with lipstick to create a custom color. Vision in Violet over red lipstick makes a very pretty berry lip color. Unfortunately, the stickiness, detergent smell and burning feeling all mean I can't even do that.

Popular Lip Glosses