August 27, 2014 | 947 users online

Lip Gloss - Maybelline - Color Elixir (All Shades)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/26/2014 10:16:00 PM More reviews by Shanplum

I am a long time lip gloss loather - I hate stickyness, not a fan of shiny goopy lips but this is a gorgeous product - similar to the only glosses I can tolerate (Avon Glazewear) the same siliconey smooth texture which has opacity and shine but stays where you want it - I have nude illusion - a gorgeous very neutral nude shade looks good on me even without a liner for a casual day lip. I still have to wear my hair up with this product as I live in a windy climate but I really enjoy its mostly non stick texture - this is almost like a vinyl finish it sort of sets and stays put for a good couple of hours unlike any other gloss/liquid lipstick I have tried before. Also love the slightly floral slightly vanilla scent/flavour. Feels so nice on and isn't drying at all!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/19/2014 11:10:00 PM More reviews by Gaijin

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I absolutely love the packaging of this, you can clearly see the color since it's clear, and the colors it comes in are gorgeous. I got Signature Scarlet, a beautiful red and Luxe in Lilac. The pigmentation was great, the wand to apply it is a breeze to use and comfy on the lips. The Luxe in Lilac shade was one of the only Lilac shades that stayed true to color on my lips instead of warming up into an orange shade due to my skin tone, like so many other glosses I've tried have done in the past. It was incredibly shiny and lasted a long time on my lips.

However, the smell and taste are awful, and it didn't matter how careful I was with the application, the gloss always somehow migrated to where I could taste it. So unfortunately I won't be buying any more due to the unpleasantness of me having to randomly spit out the nasty flavor.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/19/2014 6:17:00 AM More reviews by searchanddestroy

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Love! Reminded me of MAC's creamsheen. Great colour selection. Some with shimmer, some without. Not very pigmented, but smooth and creamy. Good choice for someone wanting some colour but not a lipstick wearer. Definitely picking up a few more shades.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/14/2014 11:15:00 PM More reviews by Kerae

I wish I could love this lip gloss, but the taste/smell is too overpowering. The colors are beautiful though.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/13/2014 3:12:00 AM More reviews by Giginessa13

Maybelline Color Elixir The next big thing for lips is the liquid lipstick. The idea is to have a perfect marriage of color, comfort, and shine. After testing out L’Oreal’s Colour Riche Extraordinare and Golden Rose Cosmetics’ Luxury Rich Color Lip Gloss, I decided to try Maybelline’s Color Elixir. Considering Color Elixir came out before the L’Oreal and Golden Rose versions I was curious to try the originator of this trend. Maybelline describes the Color Elixir as, “The color of a lipstick, the cushiony care of a balm, and the glass shine of a gloss”. The line consists of 20 shades which range from natural shades to colors so intense they punch you in the face. Unfortunately the softer, more flattering tones such as “Rose Redefined” and “Mauve Mystique” have very little staying power. They looked amazing when first applied, but within 20 minutes they were but a faint memory. This was a little disappointing because it didn’t disappear after eating or drinking, it was just after 20 minutes of purely existing. I decided to exchange the Mauve shade for something with a little more kick, so I opted for “Vision In Violet”. This color is so pigmented, but it is way too much! I think it would be amazing for deeper skin tones but for me, not so much. I felt like a Bratz Doll. After barely slicking on one coat of this purple madness I blotted it down to a stain. It was much prettier but all the moisture benefits were erased so it just felt like I had paint on my lips. It smelled like paint too. Now let’s talk about the smell. Oh, the smell! Many bloggers have described this lip product as having a “soap” aroma. I would describe it as a strong, chemical scent and I think it actually gave me a headache. The Color Elixir experience had me feeling like Goldilocks. I couldn’t seem to find a shade that was just right in terms of something which is both flattering and long lasting. I loved the “Rose Redefined” shade, but the awful scent lingers longer than the actual color. I suppose I will just stick to my other liquid lipsticks from Golden Rose Cosmetics and the L’Oreal Colour Riche Extraordinaire line. 💋💋💋

rated 4 of 5 on 8/11/2014 2:29:00 PM More reviews by mrsb622

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Other Eyes: Brown

I have caramel infused and vision in violet. I love them both. They weren't sticky and very pigmented.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/11/2014 12:35:00 PM More reviews by suzata86

so the one i am going to write about is Captivating carnation, very pretty color indeed. hmmm the bent applicator is easy to use. it does have a faint floral scent that disappears in a while, and tastes a bit weird " buttery" kind. i love my lip product without taste and smell. the gloss is a good one though, shiny with a hint of color and does make your lips look fuller, color stays on, feels good on the lips and if you have a dry lips then well, this does moisturize too. over all its a good product.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/10/2014 9:34:00 PM More reviews by HunnyBear12234

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I really like these. The marketing claim that it is a hybrid product of a lipstick, gloss, and balm seems accurate to me. The color is pigmented and shiny, and it feels moisturizing on the lips. I like that they are not too sticky like a lot of other glosses and they feel nice on the lips. They do not apply perfectly, the color goes on unevenly but that is an easy fix. There is a strange scent to the product...I can't decide if I like it or not. I guess for the most part people will either love the scent or hate it. Despite the uneven application and scent, I have bought multiple colors from this line and plan to buy more. They are a nice product, inexpensive and look great on.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/9/2014 3:14:00 AM More reviews by TiffanyChic

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this today in shade Celestial Coral because my husband was going to take me out to a nice place for my birthday. I had seem different reviews on YouTube and they received mixed signals. I was hesitant on buying this product because I'm not a fan of glosses -- they bleed and feel sticky and if you get the wrong shade it looks bad (on me anyway).

The color is pretty and the brush felt funny on my lips at first. It's soft and smooth and the packaging is nice but the smell is pungant and tastes awful! I am normally not one to be picky about smell because KT doesn't bother me but it's a bit much.

Though I like the color, I won't buy again. They shoild, however, formulate this so it is a lipstick. I would definitely buy!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/6/2014 9:48:00 PM More reviews by AgentMakeup007

I gave this to my mom today and she absolutely adored it! I forgot the name of the shade but I got her a brown under toned raspberry color. She applied it today and I thought it looked beautiful. It has sheen to it and the color isn't too pigmented or in your face" so I think it's perfect for when she goes to work everyday (she's a teacher).
Packaging is beautifully made and very clever. You might think its a lipstick bullet inside a clear plastic casing (that's the shape of it) but when you turn the cap, a tiny lipgloss wand comes out. Its perfect for women with smaller lips like mom and I.
I got this with 40% off (around $4) and I think its worth every penny honey.