September 22, 2014 | 1970 users online

Lip Gloss - Maybelline - Color Elixir (All Shades)

rated 4 of 5 on 9/20/2014 6:38:00 PM More reviews by EmmaHarrison3

So far I have only bought 2 of the 20 color elixir lipgloss's (shade105 - petal blush and shade 705 - blush essence) and I already plan to buy more. These super cute lipgloss's act as a lipgloss, a lip balm (as its super pigmented) and a lipstick all in one. They are not sticky, and have long lasting color throughout the day (even whilst eating/drinking/talking etc.) The packaging makes it look like an expensive, high end lipgloss and its not, also it's such a super tiny lipgloss ideal for smaller handbags when out with friends or if your in work and in need of a top-up. I would definitely buy more of these, and would recommend these to anyone with a 100% guarantee of not disappointing you.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 9/19/2014 3:41:00 AM More reviews by antolin1

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Alrighty, so... I am definitely in the minority here. I purchased two of this today (Mandarin Rapture and Vision in Violet) and they looked so pretty in the tube, plus I had read a ton of reviews that said these are super pigmented, so I was excited to try em... Got home and was all like "wtf?!?" The violet barely shows on me at all. The mandarin one was "cute" and all - IF you are looking for a really sheer hint of color. I coulda got the same color payoff from a tinted balm for 1/3 of the price.

I am a pretty fair/med skin tone, fluctuating btw NC25 and NC30 with very nude colored lips and these were barely there on me. I just looked at some more photos of people reviewing these Elixirs and happened to notice these seem to have more pigmentation on really pale gals. Thus if you are pale or looking for just that hint of color I suppose you might like these; otherwise don't bother. It's really too bad about the false advertising on this stuff pigmentation wise, because the formula is really good for a gloss - not stickly at all. BUT the scent is overwhelming in a way that totally turned me off (really floral-ish?) even if these did work for me color wise.

Can I get an AMEN for Ulta's excellent return policy? I hope so, bc I am taking these back in the morning. Yuk.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/18/2014 3:19:00 PM More reviews by JoyConway

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I adore all...

rated 4 of 5 on 9/18/2014 4:24:00 AM More reviews by Arinabee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love the consistency of this product. It nice a thick but not like your traditional lip gloss. Its not sticky at all and honestly i love the smell. It does have a slight taste which is not that great but to me its not that bothersome. My only complaint is the price versus how much product you get. I got mine at cvs and it was like 9 bucks for such a small tube.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/14/2014 7:35:00 PM More reviews by Cassak

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Other Eyes: Green

I'm obsessed with this. It's so indepthly pigmented and smooth! I have the purple one and it's SOOO bright I'm in love with it. Only purple shade that is that bright in my collection

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/14/2014 12:02:00 PM More reviews by andToto2

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Grey

These are very nice lip glosses. I have only bought two so far, Intoxicating Spice, which I love a lot, and Caramel Infused, which is pretty, but not quite enough color for my liking. They are very moisturizing, and the staying power is pretty good. I like that it is a smaller tube. So many glosses come in a longer tube, and I like to keep my lip product in my pocket at work, so I have it to reapply whenever I need to, and these shorter tubes fit very nicely. I am going to try out more colors soon.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/12/2014 3:32:00 PM More reviews by glowing500

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Smooth. Not sticky. Beautiful color choices. Long lasting color.

LOVE THESE!!!

I wish I had purchased two more of these instead of the two Super Stay 24 hour colors that I purchased. I should have known better. I hated Super Stay foundation with a passion and the lip colors are no better. These, however are awesome! It's funny how companies can put out some outstanding products and also some real turkeys.

I own Blush Essence and Fuchsia Flourish and both are very flattering on my cool, fair skin. My lips are colorless...no joke...totally colorless so I need some color to punch up my pale face and these do the trick nicely.

I plan to pick up a couple more of these the next time I hit a sale and have some Maybelline coupons. These perform just as well as high end lip products do for a fraction of the price. Well, not maybe a "fraction". Drugstore products prices have been creeping up lately just like everything else I guess.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/3/2014 8:56:00 PM More reviews by shelby22b

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Wow, I am impressed. I got this a few months ago in the shade "Amethyst Potion", and it's like a deep berry/purple kind of shade. I needed a deep fall color anyway. The lasting power is phenomenal and it lasted throughout the day while I was drinking/eating/talking. It was great.

I enjoyed the glossy sheen to it too because it seemed like a lighter take on the deep plum lip everyone seems to go for around this time of year. I really like it. The packaging is cute, just a little small for the amount you're paying for. That's probably the only con I have with this lip product and why I gave it 4/5 lippies. I definitely want to try more shades though!

rated 2 of 5 on 8/27/2014 9:24:00 PM More reviews by missmajestic

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I purchased this because I'm fairly obsessed with lip products. Though I use them rarely, I have an astounding collection! I prefer glosses and I'm always searching for that one product that is going to be my holy grail. I was hoping this would be it. It is not. Let me explain.
I picked the Nude Illusion and Breathtaking Apricot. I absolutely love the colors. The Nude Illusion is the perfect nude gloss in terms of color. It's just a hint of nude and makes my lips look juicy. The Apricot is more of a pink coral, but still, absolutely a beautiful shot of color on my lips. And it leaves them feeling so smooth and not sticky at all. BUT. The smell and flavor are disgusting. I wish the ingredients had been listed on the product (I know, I should have done more research on it), because it smells and tastes terrible and as soon as I had it open and close to my lips I could smell an overwhelming stench of rose. I put it on anyway, hoping that maybe if it just smelled like it, I could get over it. NOPE. Even applying it carefully, my sense of taste was immediately overwhelmed with the taste of rose. I felt like I had taken a shot of perfume to the mouth. Gag. So. If you can get over your entire mouth tasting like you accidentally sprayed perfume in it, then you may just love this product. Sadly, I cannot. Rose is one of my least favorite fragrances and I can't stand products that taste like perfume. Why the hell don't cosmetic manufacturers use some sense and realize nobody wants their lip color to leave a nasty, overwhelming perfume taste in their mouth?
I will likely be returning this product. Gross, Maybelline. :(

rated 5 of 5 on 8/27/2014 9:41:00 AM More reviews by loveheartlove

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

In Australia this product is not at all cheap - however, the product itself is one of the best I have tried. Even though the price is steep, I will be buying more colours in this range as they are absolutely gorgeous.
Why do I love this product? Firstly, it goes on so smoothly....not in that sticky lipgloss kind of way, but in a silicone-smooth kind of way that makes you want to smack your lips over and over. Secondly, the colours are wonderfully pigmented and one swipe gives you all of the colour you need. Thirdly, the smell is absolutely heavenly - some have described it as floral meets vanilla...however I picture it more as a turkish delight kind of scent and I can't get enough. This lip gloss is wonderful and I will definitely repurchase.