Maybelline Color Elixir (All Shades)

3.9

OCTYLDODECYL NEOPENTANOATE TRIMETHYLSILOXYPHENYL DIMETHICONE HYDROGENATED POLYISOBUTENE HYDROGENATED STYRENE/METHYL STYRENE/INDENE COPOLYMER HYDROGENATED POLYDECENE HYDROGENATED STYRENE/BUTADIENE COPOLYMER BIS-DIGLYCERYL POLYACYLADIPATE-2 HYDROGENATED CASTOR OIL ISOSTEARATE BIS-BEHENYL/ISOSTEARYL/PHYTOSTERYL DIMER DILINOLEYL DIMER DILINOLEATE CETYL DIMETHICONE SILICA SILYLATE PENTYLENE GLYCOL POLY C10-30 ALKYL ACRYLATE CAPRYLYL GLYCOL PENTAERYTHRITYL TETRA-DI-T-BUTYL HYDROXYHYDROCINNAMATE CALCIUM SODIUM BOROSILICATE PUNICA GRANATUM SEED OIL ALUMINA CALCIUM ALUMINUM BOROSILICATE SYNTHETIC FLUORPHLOGOPITE LINALOOL SILICA POLYETHYLENE TEREPHTHALATE TIN OXIDE LIMONENE ALUMINUM HYDROXIDE ACRYLATES COPOLYMER DIMETHICONE PARFUM / FRAGRANCE [+/- MAY CONTAIN / PEUT CONTENIR MICA CI 77891 / TITANIUM DIOXIDE CI 45410 / RED 28 LAKE CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499 / IRON OXIDES CI 15850 / RED 7 CI 45380 / RED 22 LAKE CI 15985 / YELLOW 6 LAKE CI 19140 / YELLOW 5 LAKE CI 75470 / CARMINE CI 42090 / BLUE 1 LAKE

on 3/17/2015 3:14:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I love love these!! I have the darkest shade, Caviar Couture, which is a sparkly dark purpley colour! It's non sticky, and is VERY moisturizing. I can get away with wearing just this in the cold windy Canadian winter without my lips getting chapped and burned!It has a light flora scent and a soapy taste. My shade is kinda lip line-y but that's to be expected with this kind of colour. It also lasts about two and a half hours on me!

on 3/2/2015 9:39:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

The teardrop wand applicator makes it a breeze to apply this product. Its a beautiful gloss that adds just the right amount of shine. I bought the shade Caramel Infused. Has a sweet scent.
The packaging is nice but it's too bulky for those nights when I use a clutch.

on 3/1/2015 4:34:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

Been using this since it came on the market, and as it's one of the few makeup products that I replace automatically, thought it deserved a write-up. My color is caramel infusion-- nice shine without glitter, very natural looking, flattering, long-lasting color that is also as moisturizing as a lip balm. What more could you ask for?

on 2/17/2015 3:28:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Other

These are available in some gorgeous colors. I have three, and love the color that each gives. It's more than a typical gloss - closer to a liquid lipstick, but still very sticky. The packaging is more elegant than Maybelline typically uses, and the applicator is easy to use (although a little weird looking, like a broken doe-foot).. These stay on for a long time and leave color behind once they've worn off. They're better than average and they're cheap, which is an added bonus. My one complaint is that they are among the strongest scented products I've ever tried. It overwhelms my sense of taste and smell, and it does linger. I'm not sure what they were going for but to me it is like a really synthetic version of Fresh's Sugar EDT. It's so bad that I took of a lippie. If you're not sensitive to that sort of thing though, these are fab.

on 2/12/2015 1:32:00 PM

I absolutely love these! They create a nice sheer wash of color and doesn't feel like most glosses on the lips. One of the few scented products that I love especially because of the scent- they literally smell like real flowers!

on 2/8/2015 12:58:00 PM

I am a little surprised this does not have a higher average rating....but to each their own. I have this in probably 6 or 7 different shades, and I like each one very much. These apply easily and smoothly, do not glop all over the place, these apply pretty evenly, and they wear very nicely througout the day. I can get a good 4 to 5 hours wear out of these, which is pretty good imo for this type of product. After the 4 or 5 hours I still somehow have a subtle flattering NATURAL stain...

These colors are all very flattering and very natural on me (I am NC20) but I think they would look good on almost all skin tones. These do not glop or turn a funny color and did not crease or act or behave badly. Just a pleasure to wear!! A subtle, sweet-type smell, and even has a subtle sweet taste (oops! I tasted my lip product! lol..) These are very easy to apply, in fact, if you needed to, you could probably easily apply these even without a mirror.

Would recommend and have re-purchased many times. I just wish they would come out with more shades.

on 1/31/2015 3:35:00 PM

I absolutely hate this lipgloss, Honestly, I was never a fan of lipgloss and bought this by mistake because I thought it was a lipstick. It was on clearance at Target for $2 and decided to try it out. It's awfully sticky, the colour (I got it in Signature Scarlet) does not stay in one place. Really icky.

on 1/30/2015 10:45:00 PM

Mine is 090. I think another reviewer Stellina summarized this all. Not a full color product but have more than normal gloss. This leaves an even stain behind ( more like semi matte lipstick finish, not satin nor cream lipstick) when the gloss / shiny is gone ( about an hour). But then the left over stain disappeared in another hour or so.

This one is still sticky/ tacky, though not as sticky as MAC. But definitely stickier than juicy tube.

I hate sticky/ tacky lippie so definitely not going to buy again. The most I can take is juicy tube, and I have thrown away MAC, T leclerc, Estée lauder lip liquac. I am sitting on the fence for this one.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

I'm a lip anything addict and really love this product. The bright colours have great colour pay off and there is a nude shade to suit every complexion. I really like these as they do exactly what they claim to do. I much prefer them over the loreal colour riche version which tends to rub off quickly and does not feel as moisturising as these do. I got mine from a local chemist warehouse (drugstore to US) and they were only 15AUS which is pretty good given I often pay 36AUD for a mac lip-gloss of equivalent quality.

on 1/19/2015 6:47:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

I really like this! I got it in Signature Scarlet because I needed something to moisturize my lips with my MAC lipstick (it's a perfect color match for MAC red). It's not too sticky, and it has good color payoff and decent longevity.

Recommended for Medium Skin