April 16, 2014 | 962 users online

Masks - Kiehls - Ultra Facial Overnight Hydrating Masque

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/24/2013 1:52:00 PM More reviews by Laski

Unfortunately, I didnĀ“t like it so much because the film it leaves on the skin really bothers me. It did hydrate without irritating my skin, but I only left it on for about two hours, then I had to wash it off because the film felt just too uncomfortable.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/11/2013 4:21:00 PM More reviews by ero2t

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Not something I'd ever saw myself buying, but I did, I love, and I will again. I got two samples from Kiehls and a week later I was buying this.

This isn't really a masque but in my mind a thick goopy moisturising treatment that you smear all over your face and let it sink in overnight. It kind of forms a shiny clear film which I thought I'd hate, but no it's OK and actually better than leaving a greasy mess all over the pillow case. I can't tolerate silicones and this doesn't appear to have any of the normal offenders. It's just really really hydrating and suits my dehydrated sensitive skin that can't tolerate heavy oils and creams. I've been using it 2 times a week and really like it. I wake (once I've rinsed off the product) to really soft and plump skin. It seems to have a calming effect on any redness as well. I would imagine this is super after a red eye flight (or even during if you are like me and don't care about what other passengers think).

Give it a try--Kiehl's are generous with samples. Only minor complaint is the packaging, I think a tube would have worked better just to control how much to use.

EDIT: Since originally posting this review, I've come to learn that I'm just behind the times with these sorts of overnight moisture masks. The one from Clinique is miles ahead of this in terms of adding moisture and not leaving such a film. Sorry Kiehl's, I'm down-rating you!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No