July 26, 2014 | 1033 users online

Cleansers - Mary Kay - Clear Proof Acne System

rated 1 of 5 on 7/3/2014 11:31:00 PM More reviews by melithieb

Before I began using this I had few pimples here and there, I bought this system thinking it would clear the very few pimples I had but it made it so much worse. At first it did clear up my pimples and I just had like 2 or 3. As I continued to use it I began getting more and more pimples but I didn't stop using it thinking I was going through the ''purging" stage (huge mistake). I continued to use it for 2 months thinking my face would begin to clear up but it instead caused severe acne. I ended up with very bad acne and acne scars. Neutrogena was more effective than this system. Don't waster your money on this, not worth it.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/3/2014 10:18:00 PM More reviews by Tara2003

I have adult acne. So I use clear proof at night. It's strong so I use timewise cleanser and sunscreen day solution in the morning. This is excellent for acne/ but if you have sensitive skin or not super bad acne once a day will do great

rated 5 of 5 on 6/18/2014 1:38:00 PM More reviews by ACWoot

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

I have used so many different things to try to help my acne, blemishes and black heads!!! A few years ago I started using ProActive and it worked for a little bit then stopped working after I had a child... not to mention I paid the same price MONTHLY because it was automtically billed and got about 1/3 of the product size that I get with Mary Kay. I found the Clear Proof system through a friend and I saw results after just 3 days! I did end up having dry spots because I was using the toner everyday... solution to that is use it a couple times per week! It's seriously a miracle for me and I have had several people try it as well and they all had great results from 13- 55. This stuff is at least worth a try.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/14/2014 8:54:00 AM More reviews by emmyvander

This skincare set, while it is effective at getting rid of acne, just made my skin worse! I am a teen with moderate acne on my forehead and around my mouth with combination dry skin. The first time I started this regimen, it didn't do anything to my skin exept irritate it, so I discontinued use. But, after using a gentle, mostly-all-natural skincare routine for two months without seeing any improvement in my acne, I turned back to Clear Proof. It's been two weeks since I began using the products again, and my skin is even more dry, flaky, and irritated than it's ever been. After using the cleanser, my skin is tight and uncomfortable. The toner, which is alcohol based, literally burns my face whenever I apply it. Warning: when a product burns/stings your face, THIS DOES NOT MEAN IT'S WORKING!! The moisturizer, while oil-free and soothing, barely hydrated my partched skin and wasn't suitable for nighttime. The spot treatment is, by far, the best product in this system (it's the only reason I didn't give this regime one lippie). Compared to my OXY 10, it significantly reduced pimples in a shorter amount of time. But, this is the only product that made a beneficial difference in my skin, and alone is not worth $45. Even though most of my acne has faded, my skin is dry, my lips are partched, and I can't wear makeup because it shows the flakiness around my mouth and forehead. Luckily, I happened to have some coconut oil hanging around in my kitchen and applied it last night. I woke up to soothed skin (even though the skin underneath was extremely dry and cracked). After doing some research, I found that to treat acne, a gentle cleanser, toner, and moisturizer should be used, along side a treatment with benzoyl peroxide and a non-abrasive exfoliant containing BHAs or AHAs. This system doesn't come close to fitting the bill. If you have sensitive/dry skin, please do not waste your money on this skincare system.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/21/2014 6:39:00 AM More reviews by deasiajohnathan

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Straight, Other Eyes: Other

Does it work? Yes. Yes it does. I don't remember seeing my skin this clear, and this healthy looking in a long time. Yes, a few cleansers have helped clear me up, but nothing was really meant to be a solution!

rated 1 of 5 on 4/16/2014 2:04:00 AM More reviews by itsfrankie

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

First off, I have very sensitive skin, so this product was probably not a good idea to try in the first place. I was, however, having some problems with stress related acne recently so my mother suggested I try this product. It is VERY harsh and at least to my experience, not at all effective. I got really gross flakey skin around my nose (right in that painful area by the nostrils) all the way down to the sides of my chin and my lips ended up feeling burned and horribly chapped! Now I'm dealing with horrible pimples that are very red, painful, and irritated all over! They are concentrated on my temples, chin, and cheeks but litterally EVERYWHERE I have clogged pores that look horrible! I cannot leave the house without makeup right now because I look so horrible! Please do not try this product! It's over priced and an absolute nightmare! It felt awful on my skin and burns it horribly. I've kept at it until all the bottles were empty just to be sure that my skin wasn't adjusting and I wish I hadn't. My skin has gotten more and more irritated to the point that it now hurts all of the time. Also makeup is not staying on, I have really made a mistake with these products and I would suggest that you find something else!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/8/2014 11:15:00 AM More reviews by KinkyCurly13

Clear Proof is a product for acne prone skin and I absolutely LOVE it! I did not have acne in high school but since my late 20's I have suffered more issues. I like that I can carry the Acne Treatment Gel in my purse and use it whenever it is needed. Which honestly is almost never now that I have figured out the perfect way to use this product for my skin needs. I use all four products twice a day plus the additional Clear Proof Pore Purifying Serum..this is the order of my use:
1. Cleanser
2. Toner
3. Acne Treatment Gel (only in areas I have trouble i.e. chin and jawline)
4. Pore Purifying Serum
5. Moisturizer.
I just recently started letting my face dry completely (doesn't take long) between application of each and I haven't had a breakout in over a month!! It leaves my skin feeling like it's never felt before and I am always getting compliments! I honestly love washing my face now! I have tried Aveeno, Neutrogena, Cetaphil and many others and none of them compare to this awesome product. I'm sorry to hear all the bad reviews here. I think the biggest issue is many of you started using this product to replace the MK Velocity cleanser...it's not the same product so thus not a good replacement. The MK Botanicals is the unofficial replacement for Velocity. It is free of synthetic dyes and added fragrance, all natural and is prime for sensitive skin. Again....Clear Proof is for ACNE PRONE skin. Hope this helps someone out! It really is a wonderful product!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/17/2014 6:50:00 PM More reviews by katyrenae16

I recently spent a weekend with my best friend, and she knows how much I complain about how my face is constantly breaking out. She suggested that I should try her Clear Proof system. The cleanser was amazing, took off any leftover makeup that didn't come off with my makeup remover, and it left my skin feeling so clean and refreshed. The next step, the toner, I applied with a cotton ball on the places that were broken out. It burned a little bit, but my friend said that it was only because it was the first time I was using the product, and because it is alcohol based. Next step, moisturizer. This moisturizer is unlike any I have previously used. I have never been happy with previous moisturizers, because they make my skin disgustingly oily, or they break me out even more. But that wasnt the problem with clear proof. It moisturized my face, and it didn't leave my skin feeling dry or greasy. It felt amazing on my skin. The last step, the gel spot treatment, I put on the acne spots, and I waited a little while before laying down in my bed, because it has alcohol in it as well and I didn't want it getting on my pillow case. But the next morning, I noticed a HUGE difference in my skin. The spots were noticeably smaller, and less red and irritated than the night before. When I went home, I immediatly ordered myself the full set, for $45. I've used it for about 2 weeks now and I haven't had any problems with acne at all. IN LOVE.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/22/2014 2:04:00 PM More reviews by lmslaybaugh

I only tried this product because Velocity was discontinued (which I have used forever!) I tried clear proof cleanser because I had high hopes of it being similar to velocity... its not!! I used the cleanser for a couple days and my skin started itching really badly which ive never had happen to me from a facial cleanser. Then the next day my face was itchy and burned and was swollen. It was awful. This cleanser completely stripped the entire bottom half of my face!! it was awful and it took forever to get my face back to normal. Not only did this product destroy my face but it also smells horrible!! and does not lather at all! Definitely nothing even remotely close to Velocity!!!

rated 2 of 5 on 12/16/2013 9:06:00 PM More reviews by Jtonnix123

I recently purchased the travel size due to the fact of velocity being discontinued. I had high hopes for this product because of how good velocity worked for me, I was told to use the wash and moisturizer twice a day but to rotate between the toner and acne treatment. I've been using this for a week and a couple days, It cleared up my acne on my cheeks and forehead but over dried the area around my lip and chin. This caused me to breakout severe on my chin, and they also itch a whole lot. My chin looks completely swollen and irritated. The first night I used the toner it burned my skin and I feel as the acne treatment did nothing for my pimples. Overall I would not buy this product, and I will stop using it.