Mary Kay Clear Proof Acne System

2.5

on 7/1/2015 6:52:00 PM

This product made me break out in hives all the way across my face. Will never use it again. Considering not using Mary Kay products all together because this being my first experience with it it has scarred me. Itchy, dry, awful effects. Never again. Dont buy this!

on 4/22/2015 12:34:00 AM

THIS PRODUCT IS THE WORST THING EVER DO NOT EVEN CONSIDER BUYONG IT IT HAS MY RUIN SKIN. The first day i used it was great but the second day I woke up with the driest skin I have ever seen in my life BRIGHT RED splotches everywhere it burns and it itches it feels tight and chapped the corners of my mouth are so chapped it hurts to smile and the spot treatment did absolutely nothing I may sound dramatic but I'm actually in a considerable amout of discomfort and pain because of this product I made an account just to post this DO.NOT.USE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

on 4/9/2015 10:11:00 PM

This product really isnt that bad, people just dont know what its doing and how it works... Ive been struggling with acne for 3 years now, ive even been to the dermatologist and have been given prescription medicine for my acne. Its been a while since then.. But it came back after my face was clear, so i started to try out this product. The first step you need to do is put on the gel for 1:30-2:00 without scrubbing then wash out carefully and smoothly... People try to scrub which causes more drying because when you wipe away skin all your skin is gonna do is try to rebuild it, next if you put on toner dont do much only in bad places.. And btw only put gel in bad places because if you put it where you dont have acne it will just bring up dirt from those areas creating more pimples... And you will think the acne product is bad, so only put it bad spots, then i sugests not using the lotion u give you, so i would use a good noncomedogenic lotion like cetaphil with spf 15 because when your in the sun it will hurt and cause more acne so use that and if you fell like its too oily just dab your face with a towel after applying, do this for 1-2 times a day

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This product line ruined my skin! I have always battled with acne, but this is by far the worst acne I have ever experienced. I used the product line for 12 weeks as recommended, and I regret it. I now have cystic acne and white heads along my chin, jawline, and neck. The damage is taking a very long time to reverse.

on 1/5/2015 7:35:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I am not a MK rep. That being said, so far Clear Proof is working for me; I've tried everything but the cleanser. I'm almost 45 with terrible hormonal acne. After using part of the system part-time, for the first time I didn't have acne boils with my cycle, which is a miracle. I use Timewise cleanser (combination skin) in the morning, followed by Timewise C, Clear Proof Moisturizer, then foundation. I use the toner at night and follow it with (non-MK) Rosehip oil. So, the system is worth a try, especially for over-40 hormonal acne. The spot-treatment also works well. I was using The Regimen and still breaking out; this has worked much better.

on 12/28/2014 1:56:00 PM

This is a review for the Clearproof acne treatment gel with 5% benzoyl peroxide active ingredient. I get occasional blemishes and just wanted a product to treat this, the entire system would be too much for my dry skin type. For just $10 you get a 1oz tube of this product. The tube has a long narrow opening which makes it easy to squeeze out a small amount without any waste, another advantage of this packaging is that you don't get the product spilling everywhere since it bleaches. I found this very effective, not only for relieving the pain of cysts, but for reducing them and taking the redness out. This can also be used on lingering scars to fade the redness. Application actually feels cool and soothing, there are plant extracts in the ingredients. Will repurchase when I run out.

on 11/3/2014 10:33:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other

The old spot treatment rocked. This one sucks the big one. Rather than dry out my zits it seems to be feeding them. Doesn't dry my pimples out at all. I'm so frustrated as the old product was my HG.

on 10/9/2014 10:10:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

AWFUL DO NOT USE!!!! I never write reviews but this by far was terrible it burned my face and neck so badly that my skin is bright red the lines in my neck are inflamed and itchy and burn terrible and are now brown which I have never had that problem before EVER. The first two days was great but this crap made me break out worse, dry, flaky skin, burned me and was sooo frustrating. I have tried so much and had high hopes for this because I had such great results from other Mary Kay products, but this is just downright awful. Don't do it!

I've been using this system daily for 12 weeks and my skin and blemish trouble spots have seen no improvement.
I was confident mary kay would give me a solid product. Very disappointing.

on 8/12/2014 4:16:00 PM

I bought the Mary Kay Acne Proof system thinking it would clear a few pimples and keep my skin looking clear, however, BIG/HUGE MISTAKE... after using it for a few days I noticed it made me break out a little. I thought, okay, I need to let it take it's course and keep using the system. Now 2 months after.... all it did was cause severe acne!!! I'm so depressed and seeing my dermatologist this week. I would recommend to everyone to NOT PURCHASE THIS SYSTEM.