November 22, 2014 | 1708 users online

Cleansers - Mary Kay - Clear Proof Acne System

rated 1 of 5 on 11/3/2014 10:33:00 PM More reviews by jpriebe

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other Eyes: Green

The old spot treatment rocked. This one sucks the big one. Rather than dry out my zits it seems to be feeding them. Doesn't dry my pimples out at all. I'm so frustrated as the old product was my HG.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/9/2014 10:10:00 AM More reviews by alana3

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

AWFUL DO NOT USE!!!! I never write reviews but this by far was terrible it burned my face and neck so badly that my skin is bright red the lines in my neck are inflamed and itchy and burn terrible and are now brown which I have never had that problem before EVER. The first two days was great but this crap made me break out worse, dry, flaky skin, burned me and was sooo frustrating. I have tried so much and had high hopes for this because I had such great results from other Mary Kay products, but this is just downright awful. Don't do it!

rated 1 of 5 on 10/1/2014 2:53:00 PM More reviews by agardenerarunner

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I've been using this system daily for 12 weeks and my skin and blemish trouble spots have seen no improvement.
I was confident mary kay would give me a solid product. Very disappointing.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/12/2014 4:16:00 PM More reviews by Veronica2014

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I bought the Mary Kay Acne Proof system thinking it would clear a few pimples and keep my skin looking clear, however, BIG/HUGE MISTAKE... after using it for a few days I noticed it made me break out a little. I thought, okay, I need to let it take it's course and keep using the system. Now 2 months after.... all it did was cause severe acne!!! I'm so depressed and seeing my dermatologist this week. I would recommend to everyone to NOT PURCHASE THIS SYSTEM.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/7/2014 3:39:00 PM More reviews by Trinity2014

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Hey everyone! I absolutely LOVE this product. I have struggled with moderate acne in my T-Zone area since freshman year and now I'm in my freshman year of college and it decided to share some with my cheeks! So, as you can probably imagine, I have tried some pretty crazy things to try to get rid of my acne but none has worked half as well as this product does! I even went to a dermatologist for a year and saw no change. I am proud to say, after only five days of using this product, I have seen unbelievable results in my completion. I was looking through some other reviews on here and a lot of people are saying it burns or makes their skin dry. I have not experienced that because my acne is caused by hormones and oils. I enjoy this product because it didn't over dry my face but it did just enough to clear it up! I definitely recommend this product to anyone who has acne-prone, oily skin. To those who have dry skin, stay away or proceed with caution! :)

rated 1 of 5 on 7/3/2014 11:31:00 PM More reviews by melithieb

Before I began using this I had few pimples here and there, I bought this system thinking it would clear the very few pimples I had but it made it so much worse. At first it did clear up my pimples and I just had like 2 or 3. As I continued to use it I began getting more and more pimples but I didn't stop using it thinking I was going through the ''purging" stage (huge mistake). I continued to use it for 2 months thinking my face would begin to clear up but it instead caused severe acne. I ended up with very bad acne and acne scars. Neutrogena was more effective than this system. Don't waster your money on this, not worth it.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/3/2014 10:18:00 PM More reviews by Tara2003

I have adult acne. So I use clear proof at night. It's strong so I use timewise cleanser and sunscreen day solution in the morning. This is excellent for acne/ but if you have sensitive skin or not super bad acne once a day will do great

rated 5 of 5 on 6/18/2014 1:38:00 PM More reviews by ACWoot

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

I have used so many different things to try to help my acne, blemishes and black heads!!! A few years ago I started using ProActive and it worked for a little bit then stopped working after I had a child... not to mention I paid the same price MONTHLY because it was automtically billed and got about 1/3 of the product size that I get with Mary Kay. I found the Clear Proof system through a friend and I saw results after just 3 days! I did end up having dry spots because I was using the toner everyday... solution to that is use it a couple times per week! It's seriously a miracle for me and I have had several people try it as well and they all had great results from 13- 55. This stuff is at least worth a try.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/14/2014 8:54:00 AM More reviews by emmyvander

This skincare set, while it is effective at getting rid of acne, just made my skin worse! I am a teen with moderate acne on my forehead and around my mouth with combination dry skin. The first time I started this regimen, it didn't do anything to my skin exept irritate it, so I discontinued use. But, after using a gentle, mostly-all-natural skincare routine for two months without seeing any improvement in my acne, I turned back to Clear Proof. It's been two weeks since I began using the products again, and my skin is even more dry, flaky, and irritated than it's ever been. After using the cleanser, my skin is tight and uncomfortable. The toner, which is alcohol based, literally burns my face whenever I apply it. Warning: when a product burns/stings your face, THIS DOES NOT MEAN IT'S WORKING!! The moisturizer, while oil-free and soothing, barely hydrated my partched skin and wasn't suitable for nighttime. The spot treatment is, by far, the best product in this system (it's the only reason I didn't give this regime one lippie). Compared to my OXY 10, it significantly reduced pimples in a shorter amount of time. But, this is the only product that made a beneficial difference in my skin, and alone is not worth $45. Even though most of my acne has faded, my skin is dry, my lips are partched, and I can't wear makeup because it shows the flakiness around my mouth and forehead. Luckily, I happened to have some coconut oil hanging around in my kitchen and applied it last night. I woke up to soothed skin (even though the skin underneath was extremely dry and cracked). After doing some research, I found that to treat acne, a gentle cleanser, toner, and moisturizer should be used, along side a treatment with benzoyl peroxide and a non-abrasive exfoliant containing BHAs or AHAs. This system doesn't come close to fitting the bill. If you have sensitive/dry skin, please do not waste your money on this skincare system.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/21/2014 6:39:00 AM More reviews by deasiajohnathan

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Straight, Other Eyes: Other

Does it work? Yes. Yes it does. I don't remember seeing my skin this clear, and this healthy looking in a long time. Yes, a few cleansers have helped clear me up, but nothing was really meant to be a solution!