January 31, 2015 | 1024 users online

Cleansers - Mary Kay - Clear Proof Acne System

rated 1 of 5 on 1/16/2015 10:01:00 PM More reviews by LittleMissTalkative

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This product line ruined my skin! I have always battled with acne, but this is by far the worst acne I have ever experienced. I used the product line for 12 weeks as recommended, and I regret it. I now have cystic acne and white heads along my chin, jawline, and neck. The damage is taking a very long time to reverse.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/5/2015 7:35:00 PM More reviews by dlasky

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Green

I am not a MK rep. That being said, so far Clear Proof is working for me; I've tried everything but the cleanser. I'm almost 45 with terrible hormonal acne. After using part of the system part-time, for the first time I didn't have acne boils with my cycle, which is a miracle. I use Timewise cleanser (combination skin) in the morning, followed by Timewise C, Clear Proof Moisturizer, then foundation. I use the toner at night and follow it with (non-MK) Rosehip oil. So, the system is worth a try, especially for over-40 hormonal acne. The spot-treatment also works well. I was using The Regimen and still breaking out; this has worked much better.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/28/2014 1:56:00 PM More reviews by pupster

This is a review for the Clearproof acne treatment gel with 5% benzoyl peroxide active ingredient. I get occasional blemishes and just wanted a product to treat this, the entire system would be too much for my dry skin type. For just $10 you get a 1oz tube of this product. The tube has a long narrow opening which makes it easy to squeeze out a small amount without any waste, another advantage of this packaging is that you don't get the product spilling everywhere since it bleaches. I found this very effective, not only for relieving the pain of cysts, but for reducing them and taking the redness out. This can also be used on lingering scars to fade the redness. Application actually feels cool and soothing, there are plant extracts in the ingredients. Will repurchase when I run out.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/3/2014 10:33:00 PM More reviews by jpriebe

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other Eyes: Green

The old spot treatment rocked. This one sucks the big one. Rather than dry out my zits it seems to be feeding them. Doesn't dry my pimples out at all. I'm so frustrated as the old product was my HG.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/9/2014 10:10:00 AM More reviews by alana3

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

AWFUL DO NOT USE!!!! I never write reviews but this by far was terrible it burned my face and neck so badly that my skin is bright red the lines in my neck are inflamed and itchy and burn terrible and are now brown which I have never had that problem before EVER. The first two days was great but this crap made me break out worse, dry, flaky skin, burned me and was sooo frustrating. I have tried so much and had high hopes for this because I had such great results from other Mary Kay products, but this is just downright awful. Don't do it!

rated 1 of 5 on 10/1/2014 2:53:00 PM More reviews by agardenerarunner

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I've been using this system daily for 12 weeks and my skin and blemish trouble spots have seen no improvement.
I was confident mary kay would give me a solid product. Very disappointing.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/12/2014 4:16:00 PM More reviews by Veronica2014

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I bought the Mary Kay Acne Proof system thinking it would clear a few pimples and keep my skin looking clear, however, BIG/HUGE MISTAKE... after using it for a few days I noticed it made me break out a little. I thought, okay, I need to let it take it's course and keep using the system. Now 2 months after.... all it did was cause severe acne!!! I'm so depressed and seeing my dermatologist this week. I would recommend to everyone to NOT PURCHASE THIS SYSTEM.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/7/2014 3:39:00 PM More reviews by Trinity2014

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Hey everyone! I absolutely LOVE this product. I have struggled with moderate acne in my T-Zone area since freshman year and now I'm in my freshman year of college and it decided to share some with my cheeks! So, as you can probably imagine, I have tried some pretty crazy things to try to get rid of my acne but none has worked half as well as this product does! I even went to a dermatologist for a year and saw no change. I am proud to say, after only five days of using this product, I have seen unbelievable results in my completion. I was looking through some other reviews on here and a lot of people are saying it burns or makes their skin dry. I have not experienced that because my acne is caused by hormones and oils. I enjoy this product because it didn't over dry my face but it did just enough to clear it up! I definitely recommend this product to anyone who has acne-prone, oily skin. To those who have dry skin, stay away or proceed with caution! :)

rated 1 of 5 on 7/3/2014 11:31:00 PM More reviews by melithieb

Before I began using this I had few pimples here and there, I bought this system thinking it would clear the very few pimples I had but it made it so much worse. At first it did clear up my pimples and I just had like 2 or 3. As I continued to use it I began getting more and more pimples but I didn't stop using it thinking I was going through the ''purging" stage (huge mistake). I continued to use it for 2 months thinking my face would begin to clear up but it instead caused severe acne. I ended up with very bad acne and acne scars. Neutrogena was more effective than this system. Don't waster your money on this, not worth it.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/3/2014 10:18:00 PM More reviews by Tara2003

I have adult acne. So I use clear proof at night. It's strong so I use timewise cleanser and sunscreen day solution in the morning. This is excellent for acne/ but if you have sensitive skin or not super bad acne once a day will do great