April 18, 2014 | 1697 users online

Lotions/ Creams - Philosophy - Hope In A Jar for Body

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/5/2013 9:09:00 AM More reviews by alison_k

I got this free in a recent promotion so can't comment on the price. This is a thick cream, smells vaguely herbally and absorbs into my skin quickly. I can't stand body lotions that leave a film, so this quick absorption is a huge plus. This is supposed to have the same skin smoothing benefits that the regular Hope In A Jar for face does, but I can't see a difference in my dry body skin after using a whole bottle of this.

The bottle is the simple flip top opaque bottle that Philosophy use quite a lot, so there is no luxury feel to this cream. You do have to squeeze the bottle quite firmly when you are near the end of it, as the cream is quite thick and tends to cling to the sides of the bottle.

Although it absorbs fast, it doesn't really make much of a difference in the way my skin feels. I still have to apply a whole lot of it for my very dry skin to feel normal. Can't see much difference using this over using other brands (Aveeno in particular) , so I wouldn't buy this.

Ingredients (from the Sephora website): Water, Lauryl Lactate, Cetyl Alcohol, Cetearyl Olivate, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea) Butter, Glycerin, Sorbitan Olivate, Pentaerythrityl Tetracaprylate/Tetracaprate, Cetearyl Methicone, Niacinamide, Potassium Ascorbyl Tocopheryl Phosphate, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Potassium Cetyl Phosphate, Beta-Glucan, Tocopheryl Acetate, Tpcopherol, Sodium Hyaluronate, Retinyl Palmitate, Panthenol, Phospholipids, Dimethicone, Behenoxy Dimethicone, Cyclopentasiloxane, Cyclohexasiloxane, Arginine, Linoleic Acid, Maltodextrin, Hydrogenated Palm Glycerides, Glycine Soja (Soybean) Sterols, Lavandula Angustifolia (Lavender) Oil, Disodium Edta, Citric Acid, Xanthan Gum, Geraniol, Limonene, Linalool, Chlorphenesin, Phenoxyethanol, Ethylhexylglycerin.