September 17, 2014 | 1219 users online

BB Cream - Maybelline - Dream Pure BB Cream

rated 4 of 5 on 9/16/2014 6:27:00 PM More reviews by Eruiz125

**I have only tried this once** that being said, I loved it. I am very fair skinned and VERY oily acne prone skin. I also have vitiligo. Although my skin is pretty clear right now I had a cyst I got three days ago after my period and I can say that the BB cream didn't break me out at all! Usually I'll break out right away if the product is going to break me out. It has also dried up the cyst I had on my cheek. It also helped cover up so of my discoloration from vitiligo. The only cons is I do have to blot a lot during the day with this product even though I powdered my T-zone. I do live in Florida and it's about 100 degrees everyday, so that could be why I have to blot a lot. Also, right after I applied this I felt a little bit of itchiness nothing too severe, it eventually went away after 30 mins or so. Overall I would def repurchase because it hasn't broken me out or oxidize and made me look like an Oompa Loompa. I'll keep you guys updated!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/14/2014 3:35:00 AM More reviews by zigzagreviewers

Pretty good BB Cream! Fair coverage

My full review is at:

rated 5 of 5 on 9/8/2014 10:59:00 PM More reviews by lenglander

I am obsessed with this product and the fact that it has salicylic makes it that much better. I use it everyday either by itself or under my other makeup. It is great for day time and does not come off. It is so light and doesn't break me out at all or make me even more oily than I already am. I love love love this product and I have gone through 2 bottles

rated 4 of 5 on 9/8/2014 8:08:00 PM More reviews by Allyx

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I actually like this BB cream compared to Maybelline Fresh BB cream which was very greasy. This BB cream doesn't make my face appear ashy or white and it's not greasy. It minimizes my pores and appears natural. However I don't know if it's clearing up my acne because I've only been using it for a few days. I wish that it would last all day but I'll probably still buy this again.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/8/2014 8:58:00 AM More reviews by wubaduckie

I'm not sure if the US formula differs from the Australian formula but the Dream Pure BB Cream here claims to have SPF15 but I wouldn't say you're going to get that SPF protection with the amount of BB cream you put on and advise that further SPF protection be applied prior to use of BB cream.

Great if you're after a sheer, natural coverage and you don't have to cover up blemishes.

I wear it in Light but the colour range is dismal here with Light and Medium. I find Light doesn't quite match my skin because it's a little too pink. Nevertheless, it's not that noticeable once it sinks in and I apply powder on my face. Unfortunately for anyone paler than I am, there is no shade lighter than Light as of yet. The Dream Fresh offers Fair, which is lighter than Light in that line.

This BB cream will not offer enough coverage to cover active blemishes like pimples. It just doesn't offer enough coverage to cover more contrasting scars and redness. I wore this during winter and having combo skin, it would get oily along my T-zone throughout the day and the pigment gets very patchy around my dry areas. The oiliness - nothing some blotting paper and a powder can't fix. The dry areas, perhaps put a primer prior to BB cream? I will not be repurchasing this product again due to the fact that I'm finding this BB cream is breaking me out, even though it contains salicylic acid and is aimed for clearing imperfections. This is my only qualm about this product. I think this BB cream would not suit people with oily skin in the summer as I find it a bit heavy.

I will recommend this for people who have clear skin and don't have dry skin, loves a sheer natural coverage and aren't in the extremes of foundation colours because of the limited colour ranges.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/8/2014 2:05:00 AM More reviews by acciohashi

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

Lemme just say: this is waay better than the original

Pros:
no irritants(not like the original), won't aggravate anything or kill good skin or inflame sensitive skin
absorbs oil
feels lightweight
flattering shades
hydrates a bit
beautiful shades
no shades for deep skin or fair skin, but light to medium/deep people should be fine

Cons:
drier to very dry skin needs to look elsewhere
the pH is out of range, keeping it from exfoliating like a good BHA
doesn't adjust to skin tone, as claims suggest
claims are a little far-fetched
People who need medium to full coverage must go elsewhere

Neutrals:
no SPF
claims are a tad bit exaggerated

This is really nice feeling going onto the skin, creamy and fluid. The coverage is really sheer, but not so sheer, you can go shade skipping. It absorbs most of my oil pretty well, but I have a very, very oily t-zone, so I usually have to set with powder but my regular to oiler spots are fine. The part that personally bums me out is that it has no SPF and it doesn't have any nice ingredients, like antioxidants and such. I use this, with some spot concealing, after sunset when I'm just going out to the corner store or something and I don't want to scare small children. This is also the kind of thing I use for night-practice when I don't want to look dead. Unless you have already very great skin, this isn't something I'd use for special events. However, while my skin doesn't look flawless, it looks a whole lot better and most people can't tell if I'm using makeup or not, so this is great if you need a no-makeup makeup look. This also makes a great canvas for a primer. It's not too special, but it's pretty affordable and it works for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/6/2014 8:41:00 PM More reviews by koolvjs

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

My all time favourite drugstore BB cream ! I have it in shade light. Great for everyday use, I just apply it in the morning before school with my fingers (sometimes with the Real Techniques Expert Face brush), dust a bit of Rimmel Stay Matte transparent powder, a bit of bronzer and I'm all set.

Amazing coverage allows me to cover up blemishes, even just adding more product on certain areas can increase the coverage. Really light-weight and its thin consistency makes it easy to wear throughout the entire day.

Comparing this with the Garnier Miracle Skin Perfector, this is by far the best. However, the price of the Maybelline one in Australia is relatively high compared to the US/Europe, at around $14-$16, which is typical for BB creams in Australia - although I have no intentions of not buying more !

rated 4 of 5 on 9/2/2014 9:52:00 AM More reviews by Shelby2412

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I really love this BB Cream. I think this is a great coverage for everyday, regarding it being good for Combination and Oily skin I would say this does work better then the original. But I had to powder this and top up on my powder through out the day. The thing about this BB cream is nothing to do with the product it's self but, the packaging it ok, but I wish it was in a bottle with a pump, because I end up using a lot more than I need. Also you don't get that much product (30ml) and for your money I don't think it's that much, you can spend a bit more a get a foundation with around triple the amount of product. Lastly their is only two shade I think which is not very good at all! - This retails for £6.99 in Boots.

Want to see more products for oily skin - My blog link is here// http://www.anotherbeautybabble.blogspot.co.uk/2014/09/101-dealing-with-oily-skin.html

rated 3 of 5 on 9/1/2014 10:54:00 AM More reviews by virginblue

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I bought this after hearing all the hype, and I must say I'm disappointed. It has decent coverage for a BB cream, but this is definitely not for oily skin. Every time I looked in the mirror, I needed to blot and when I did, I noticed a lot of makeup coming off onto the sheet. I washed it off halfway through the day because I got tired of blotting. This may work well with a primer and powder, but if I wanted to do that, I would buy a regular foundation and not a BB cream.

PROS:
good coverage for a BB cream
blends easily

CONS:
too oily
rubs off easily

rated 4 of 5 on 8/29/2014 10:39:00 PM More reviews by babyhorse1993

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

This product was awesome. I really enjoyed the shade selection and the price for the amount of product you were getting. The only thing I didn't like about this product was that it made me kind of shiny about halfway through the day and with a busy college schedule, I can't keep powdering my face. Other than that, I really enjoyed this product. With powder, it worked really well in holding up. I definitely recommend this product. While it made my acne less red, it didn't make it completely go away. That's okay.