July 30, 2014 | 1994 users online

BB Cream - Marcelle - DD Cream Daily Defense SPF 25

rated 5.0(1 review)

rated 5 of 5 on 9/1/2013 12:41:00 PM More reviews by Ralen

To start out with, I have fairly good skin. Not too many blemishes or breakouts (though that can happen to me from hormones or the wrong product). I have rosacea that's pretty much under control right now. My skin is quite dry overall, but my nose gets oily.

I only wear foundation about 6 times a year on special occasions. I was looking for something that would give me very light coverage, more like my skin but slightly better. I was curious when all the BB creams started coming out, but they seemed to offer too much coverage and I was afraid the skincare ingredients would make my rosacea flare up. Still I had wanted to try the Marcelle BB cream, but found the light shade too dark for my fair skin. Then Marcelle came out with CC and DD creams, as well as several new BB formulations.

In the store, I tested the DD cream on the back of my hand in "medium to dark" which was too dark for me, but still blended beautifully into my skin. I walked around the store shopping for other things, but I couldn't get over how lovely the skin on my hand looked, so I bought it in "light to medium." There isn't that much difference in color between the two shades, so "light to medium" comes out of the bottle looking too dark for me, but again it blends into my skin seamlessly. It makes me look like me, but like someone took a soft focus or airbrush filter to my skin. Yes, I still have some flaws, freckles, and sunspots, but I wasn't trying to hide those completely. This smooths out my skin, makes the flaws less noticeable, but still looks like real skin, not makeup. Makes my skin slightly matte, but does not dry it out or highlight dry patches. Does not cause breakouts. Absolutely perfect for what I wanted!