September 2, 2014 | 1737 users online

BB Cream - Julep - DD Creme

rated 2 of 5 on 10/4/2013 2:48:00 PM More reviews by thechain

This is the worst BB Creme I've ever tried.
I have the lightest shade, which is completely orange. It makes my skin look terrible.
Do not waste your money on this product.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/4/2013 4:54:00 PM More reviews by micdeajones

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This product was a very good color match for me (medium-dark) and gave excellent coverage, which is why I give it 2 stars. But after that, it's downhill. Within 3 hours, my face was an embarrassing oil slick! No matter how much I tried to tone down the oil, it didn't help. I found that I'd literally wiped my face clean by the end of the day. I ended up going to Walgreen's and buying some Colorstay foundation just so I could get through the day. I was so embarrassed. Julep products are definitely the type where you need to test them out on a lazy day when you're not going anywhere or doing anything. The first product I tried from them left me embarrassed as well (American Volumizing Mascara).

I would suggest this product for someone with very dry skin. It would be perfect! But if you're skin is oily, then this is not the item for you.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/18/2013 10:30:00 PM More reviews by weirdhologurl

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I received this product in my monthly Maven box and was super excited to try it out for myself.

It's described as "Dynamic Do-all makeup" that is "damage diminishing..dewy, buildable coverage to moisturize, prime and perfect." Most of the BB/CC creams on the market seemed to be reinvented tinted moisturizers without the true benefits of BB cream.

This product went on smooth, gave a dewy glow and felt light & natural.
Unfortunately when I attempted to apply a second coat of product in troubled areas, the product began to pill and cause tiny balls of product to form across my face.
I tried buffing them out/away with my setting powder, but they remained and I had to wipe the excess away with my hands.

The only way I found around the issue was not applying primer, but this dramatically cut the wear time from 6-7 hours(with primer) to 3-4 hours(without primer).

At $36, this should perform much better. I would suggest NARS tinted moisturizer as a good substitute.