Julep DD Creme

2.0

Active Ingredients: Octocrylene (2.7%), Avobenzone (3.0%), Octisalate (5.0%), Homosalate (2.5%). Inactive Ingredients: Castor (Ricinus Communis) Oil, Cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 Dimethicone, Diethylhexyl Carbonate, Ethyl Macadamiate, Ethylhexylglycerin, Glycerin, Glyceryl Behenate, Glyceryl Dibehenate, Hexyl Laurate, Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Hydroxypropyl Cyclodextrin, Isododecane, Magnesium Sulfate, Microcrystalline Wax, Neopentyl Glycol Diheptanoate, Palmitoyl Tripeptide-38, Phenoxyethanol, Phenylethyl Resorcinol, Phytosphingosine Extract, Polyglyceryl-4, Isostearate, Potassium Sorbate, Propylene Glycol Dicaprate Esters, Silica, Sodium Benzoate, Sodium Chloride, Tocopheryl Acetate, Tribehenin, Water. May Contain (+/-): Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891) Iron Oxide (CI 77492) Iron Oxide (CI 77491) Iron Oxide (CI 77499).

on 10/4/2013 2:48:00 PM

This is the worst BB Creme I've ever tried.
I have the lightest shade, which is completely orange. It makes my skin look terrible.
Do not waste your money on this product.

on 9/4/2013 4:54:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

This product was a very good color match for me (medium-dark) and gave excellent coverage, which is why I give it 2 stars. But after that, it's downhill. Within 3 hours, my face was an embarrassing oil slick! No matter how much I tried to tone down the oil, it didn't help. I found that I'd literally wiped my face clean by the end of the day. I ended up going to Walgreen's and buying some Colorstay foundation just so I could get through the day. I was so embarrassed. Julep products are definitely the type where you need to test them out on a lazy day when you're not going anywhere or doing anything. The first product I tried from them left me embarrassed as well (American Volumizing Mascara).

I would suggest this product for someone with very dry skin. It would be perfect! But if you're skin is oily, then this is not the item for you.

on 8/18/2013 10:30:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse

I received this product in my monthly Maven box and was super excited to try it out for myself.

It's described as "Dynamic Do-all makeup" that is "damage diminishing..dewy, buildable coverage to moisturize, prime and perfect." Most of the BB/CC creams on the market seemed to be reinvented tinted moisturizers without the true benefits of BB cream.

This product went on smooth, gave a dewy glow and felt light & natural.
Unfortunately when I attempted to apply a second coat of product in troubled areas, the product began to pill and cause tiny balls of product to form across my face.
I tried buffing them out/away with my setting powder, but they remained and I had to wipe the excess away with my hands.

The only way I found around the issue was not applying primer, but this dramatically cut the wear time from 6-7 hours(with primer) to 3-4 hours(without primer).

At $36, this should perform much better. I would suggest NARS tinted moisturizer as a good substitute.