April 23, 2014 | 888 users online

Treatments - It's a 10 - five minute hair repair for blondes

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/14/2013 12:08:00 PM More reviews by Dimplesgalore

I'm a natural medium brunette but started getting allover highlights about 8 months ago and have worked my way to being a blonde, of a sort. After my last highlight visit my stylist recommended a deep conditioner treatment and suggested this one. She's a natural blonde and gets infrequent highlights herself so I bought it and took it home. I also snagged a bottle of Aussie moist 3 minute miracle from the drugstore for about 1/5th the price for comparison.

The It's a 10 hair repair for blondes smells nice, not super florally or anything I can put a name to, but it reminds me of the smell of summer time mingling with a beach breeze. The bottle is a squeeze tube and works well. I applied it in the shower to wet/damp hair and put it up in a clip and rinsed it out at the end of my shower. The consistency was somewhere between ketchup and mayonnaise, holding it's shape well when squeezed onto my hand but easy to apply throughout my hair. It applied very smoothly and my hair didn't tangle or snag while running my fingers through to distribute it evenly. I left it in for about 10 minuets and rinsed it out. My hair felt soft but nothing spectacular or over the top wow. I usually apply a leave in and let it air dry, but I forewent the leave in so I could judge the treatment on it's own.

Overall the product didn't impress me to justify the price. The Aussie moist 3 min miracle gave similar results but left my hair less bouncy, so I won't be buying either of them again. I feel like my Kirkland moisturizing conditioner left in the same amount of time would have done about the same job. If the price was lower it wouldn't be the worst product to keep on hand but I'll be looking elsewhere for my next hair repair product.