April 16, 2014 | 1000 users online

BB Cream - LORAC - CC Cream

rated 2 of 5 on 3/7/2014 11:41:00 AM More reviews by subwaystitches

I purchased this CC cream at Sephora for 50% off since Sephora is clearing out their LORAC stock. For $12.50, I wanted to like this product so hard. I tried this with and without primer underneath, but regardless, it settled into every pore and fine line on my face and just looked terrible. I am returning the product, despite the low price.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/29/2014 1:12:00 AM More reviews by Brinaxo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

This is my first cc cream and I really like that it helps to counteract redness, but I feel that it takes a bit longer to blend into my skin. I also feel that it has a tendency to become cakey if I don't apply moisturizer right before and then set it with setting spray immediately after I apply it. For a cc cream I was impressed with the coverage it gives my skin, and the fact it doesn't feel heavy. The only thing I do not like is that it takes me longer to blend it. I would recommend this to someone who doesn't want the heavy feel of foundation, but doesn't mind taking the time to blend it in correctly and apply moisturizer first. Keep in mind everyone's skin is different and I have very oily/combination skin (dry patches from acne treatments) so it may just be my skin type, but I do like this product and probably will repurchase this when I run out.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/11/2014 4:23:00 PM More reviews by kmc93

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Other Eyes: Blue

I picked up the lightest shade this summer and was very disappointed with the results. The first time I tried it, I just used my fingers to apply, as I thought it would be a good "quick fix" on a day where my skin was behaving fairly well. The product is extremely yellow- a poor match for me personally. What I really didn't like was the finish. When I squeezed it out of the tube, it looked sort of uneven, not smooth or creamy. It didn't feel or look like a nice quality product. It felt quite greasy right off the bat and didn't blend well at all. I'd expect a somewhat dewy finish from a BB or CC cream as I know they're generally designed to be more moisturizing but this one has missed the mark, somehow managing to feel greasy and drying at the same time. A few hours after applying, it looked very cakey and wasn't really doing much to improve the look of my skin. I tried applying it with a buffing brush another time and got similar results, perhaps worse. I felt self-conscious having it on my face all day knowing how unnatural it looked. The only high point really is the packaging, which I liked quite a bit.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/7/2014 2:45:00 PM More reviews by baldymonster

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This is my first BB/CC cream foundation, and I'm very happy with it. A lot of the ones I sampled at Sephora had really nasty scents (looking at you, Smashbox), and since perfume in makeup is one of my ultimate pet peeves, I appreciate that this one is fragrance free.
It has medium-sheer coverage, is yellow enough for me to get away with wearing (I use the medium shade), and the finish leans matte. A little goes a long way - actually, it's really easy to put on way too much. Overall I'd say it's just about perfect for me, except for its one flaw: streakiness. Like, forget about using a brush with this stuff. That's just not going to happen. The best way I've found to apply it is with fingers, over a layer of primer, by taking a quarter-pea sized amount and dotting it all over the center of my face and then massaging it in. I follow with a bit of loose powder on my cheeks, forehead and chin, and my face looks awesome.
Now, you might say that having to use primer + powder kind of defeats the purpose of a BB/CC cream, and I can't argue with that. Don't get this if you want the one-step ease of a traditional BB cream! Personally, I'm fine with using it as regular foundation, and will probably repurchase at least once.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/9/2013 10:32:00 PM More reviews by herbst3

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Blue

Coverage is actually med, with a dewy finish. Shades run lighter than expected. I'm NC20 and looked better in med.

This gave me zits, clogs after 2 wks of use.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/7/2013 4:42:00 AM More reviews by alexngarcia

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this CC cream. I've tried several BB creams and they all sucked. I winged it and bought this at ULTA, mainly because I had no more foundation and I had gotten too tan for all my other foundations from my summer vacation. I have the tan shade and it's perfect for me because my tones are very yellow/somewhat olive-y. The only thing I don't like is the fact it makes me shine within an hour, otherwise it blends very well and covers almost perfectly. Don't think I'm gonna get it again but it is a lovely product :} and I also love that it is free of many things including oil

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/31/2013 12:45:00 PM More reviews by Saspants

Purchased this a few months back when I had 20% off total purchase at ULTA, stuck it in a drawer and forgot about it until I was hunting for something and found the unopened box. At first I was apprehensive since I purchased the medium shade and am more fair/nude but I remembered swatching the selection of colors at the store and decided to open and try it.

The product is very thick and blends better with fingers than a brush or sponge. The heat from my fingers allowed for the product to thin and really blend into my skin well. I applied over Mehron's Velvet Finish Primer and Dr. Brandt's Pores no More over my T-Zone. I buffed with RT's buffing brush and then set with Ben Nye's setting powder. I buffed after applying with my fingers to smooth any overlaps and to blend along my jawline. This product is lovely, it doesn't sink into my pores and covers the little broken capillaries on my cheeks without the use of a redness neutralizer. I couldn't stop looking at my face in the mirror, I kept looking for my imperfections to show through, but they do not. The finish is neither matte nor dewy, just perfectly natural. While I absolutely love Cargo's Foundation, this is a nice alternative for days when I don't have a lot of time to mess with my make-up. There really is no comparison as this is a natural finish and Cargo is a velvet finish for a more glamorous, formal, made-up look and this looks like my skin only better.

Will I be purchasing again....YES, YES, YES...a thousand times YES!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/11/2013 10:06:00 PM More reviews by JulieTaboulli

Preface: On the hunt for perfect foundation. I have fair, dry-combination skin, with a few red marks in my cheek/nose area. Other than that, I do not need a full-coverage product, just something that evens, covers where it needs to, and sinks into my skin correctly.

I was disappointed in Lorac's CC cream, as I had been told that it was made to color-correct, especially for redness. I found that although it sunk into my skin super-well, and finished ultra-naturally (no oily shine, no sitting on top of the skin), it did not cover nearly as well as I thought it would -- my cheap Garnier BB cream and Clinique Moisture Surge tinted moisturizer both covered my red spots better.
Once I retouched the red areas with Clinique's Redness Solutions foundation, my foundation looked very good, so I supposed if you are planning to use this under foundation this would work very well. I just wish this could live up to its color-correcting hype.

Bottom line: Blends very well into skin. Poor job color correcting.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/23/2013 10:57:00 PM More reviews by payjark

I got a sample of this as a GWP from Ulta after I recently bought the Pro palette. I used it to see if I would want to buy the full size and if a "CC Cream " is better than a BB or foundation. It was whatever. Wont purchase the full size.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/23/2013 1:13:00 AM More reviews by My1aNNeOnLy

Got samples ABSOLUTELY LOVE IT, only samples in medium so I will have to try mixing light and medium one of these days!