October 21, 2014 | 1924 users online

BB Cream - LORAC - CC Cream

rated 4 of 5 on 10/2/2014 1:51:00 PM More reviews by hippychic823

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have mixed feelings about this. First off I love it because it is one of the only foundations/CC Creams that doesn't break my acne prone skin out. Also it's packed full of good for your skin ingredients. And it doesn't have SPF in it which may be a turn off to some but for me SPF's tend to break me out. Now the cons: I do not like the way it actually looks on my face. It dried to a matte finish which emphasizes every little line on my face and makes my pores look huge. However, it does do an AMAZING job of covering redness. I would say this is a light to medium coverage product. On good skin days I wear it alone buffed in with my RT Buffing Brush....but since my skin is usually a hot mess I wear this as a primer which it works excellent as since silicone based primers break me out. I have repurchased this and most likely will continue to repurchase not because it's HG worthy but simply because it doesn't break me out or aggravate my skin and for me it's rare to find a product that doesn't break me out so that alone is enough to make me repurchase even though I'm not crazy about the way it actually looks when I wear it

rated 1 of 5 on 9/6/2014 1:07:00 AM More reviews by Heathermassa721

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I am not one to post a review ... But this is the first make up product I have ever returned. It showed every pore (many I never knew existed!). I was very disappointed, being many lorac products I have brought have been decent. Awful

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/14/2014 5:08:00 AM More reviews by scopingforyou

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

PROS: Helps neutralize my very ruddy patches in my neutral (barely leaning warm) skin and, hence, makes my color look sso much pretier once my TM or foundation is applied.. Satin finish (NO shimmer). Leaves me with a very small amount of moisture in my skin throughout the day, which I like. (More oily skin, see "application tips.") .

Can use this under my eyes without making my eyes look hideous, like most foundations do.

Kind to my very sensitive, very reactive, early rosacea skin.

Paraben-free, cone-free, paraben-free.

CONS: If you're looking for a foundation and/or want any decent coverage, you won't want a CC cream by itself (see application tips for applying this under foundation, which is what people do when they want more coverage than a CC cream alone.) If you just need to neutralize and not cover any imperfections, you may like this applied by itself.

Some won't like that it doesn't have an SPF. I personally like to use my own spf under this, because almost all chemical SPFs, EXCEPT for the one in my BalmShelter TM, burn my skin a bit and the physical ones look terrible in my wrinkles/pores, so I'm very picky about which ones I put on my skin.)

Looked good at first but, within an hour, REALLY settled in my large pores and accented my wrinkles. Also highlighted dry patches.

For oily people, I don't know this would work, at least not without powder setting it (see application tips).

COLORS: Affordable enough that I can mix two colors (a bit of "CC1" and mostly "CC2") in the winter when I'm most pale and I'm NC15-20. (I run quite neutral with just a hint of warmth.) In the summer, I use just "CC3" when I'm about NC25+.

APPLICATION TIPS: When checking the color out, it was great for me to actually apply it to my face to test the color because it is a CC cream that is for neutralizing color issues, so it kind of melds into the skin color. In other words, I couldn't hold up a swatch of this to my skin and know that it would work on my face. I did one side with and one side without, left it on for 3 hours, and was still very pleased.

OF COURSE, a very popular use of CC cream is to use it UNDER FOUNDATION as a sort of primer and color corrector.

I let my moisturizer/spf soak in a while before applying this; I do NOT apply this right after my spf. I would think it would just lay on top of the spf and look pretty bad.

Because of my large pores, I like to pat this INTO pores, making sure they are filled completely, and then smooth on with fingers. But I use a very light touch with the beauty blender, or the beauty blender will soak up all the product. I then wait just a couple of minutes, while I do another part of my makeup, and then come back and pat in the product that's setling in my pores.

To make any kind of foundation or cc cream last longer and disguise my enormous pores, I usually first use L'oreal magic perfecting primer patted into pores. I let it sit for at least a minute and I then apply the TM. (But I'm not sure that this isn't redundant with my CC cream. so I do NOT do it with this particular product. And also, with this particular product, applying it over silicone-type products does NOT allow the product to be applied correctly.)

For oily skin, you can either do that Wayne Goss trick with the powder described above before the CC or you can apply a light dusting of powder to set it after it's on.

REMOVAL TIPS: If you are prone to clogging, you may want to remove this with a cleansing oil before using your regular cleanser.

PURCHASING TIPS: You can buy it online at Nordstrom.com, loraccosmetics.com, Sephora, ULTA, Amazon, and even HSN has some LORAC products. My local ULTA, Sephora and Kohl's carries LORAC, so I get to try out products using the testers. But I know Nordstrom is great about online returns with free shipping both ways.

ALTERNATES: TheBalm has a lovely TM called BalmShelter that does much better in my pores and wrinkles. MAC TM is nice; although, the fragrance may be upsetting for some people's skin. For more of a semi matte or satin finish, L'oreal Visible Lift Serum Absolute Advanced Age-Reversing Makeup is pretty good but not near as nice for wrinkles as the BalmShelter.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/10/2014 11:34:00 AM More reviews by victoriaumd

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This product does everything it claims to do! For people who want a more sheer coverage -- A LOT GOES A LONG WAY!! I did not have to use a lot (Just a pea size amount for my entire face!!) My experience with this product is that if you use more, you will have a difficult time buffing it into your skin. My skin is very sensitive to silicone, oils, parabens etc. so I definitely love all of the Lorac products that do not contain any of these-particularly this product. I have mild rosacea redness on my cheeks and chin and this product hides the redness without looking cakey. I like to first apply, "I'm so sensitive" primer to my face, then mix a little bit of medium cc cream with my Lorac light foundation on my hand and stipple and buff all over my face because I feel that it applys easier that way. I did this because the medium color alone was a little too dark for my face - but the light tone was too light.

I think this is a nice product to have on hand because it does give a nice airbrushed look to my skin and definitely evens out any uneven skin tones on my face. I like to have two shades on hand so that in the summer when I get a tan on my face, I can mix shades to perfectly match my tone. I would buy this again!!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/4/2014 4:34:00 PM More reviews by bribi

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I bought this because my local Ulta has been out of the POREfection mattifying primer and I was on my last few squeezes of the Mac prep + prime, at home. I know that bb creams are different than primers, but to be honest, I've never used one before and figured, eh, let's go for it. After buying it, I read the reviews on here and immediately regretted my purchase. But I decided to try it before returning it, and omg, you guys. Are we using the same stuff? I would never use it alone, and maybe that's the difference, but beneath the lorac natural performance foundation, it's perfect! It gives me that extra coverage my foundation lacks, and makes my very pale base look creamy instead of almost sickly, as it sometimes does. It also totally negated my red cheeks and faint freckles and under eye bags, without the need for concealer. Whether or not it will extend the wear of my makeup remains to be seen, but I love that it isn't too "brightening" or too "matte," it's just very natural. Like I said, I don't know how it would be alone, but with my foundation, the two work beautifully together.

update: it actually doesn't help extend the wear of my makeup at all and even with my primer, and powder, I notice this giving me a little shine around my nose at the end of the day. I have used this alone and it sucks to blend, and is a bit too warm for my complexion, so I prefer to go barefaced, if it's not a full makeup day, instead of wasting my time with this. But I still love it under my foundation. So as far as using this as concealer and for extra coverage under light-coverage foundations, and neutralizing too-cool foundations, this is still a dream. (Also, I don't know if you ever get that "cracked" look at the end of the day, but this REALLY helps with that whole makeup-looks-like-it's-chipping-off thing. Particularly in the nose and mouth area. No creases, even at the end of the day)

rated 1 of 5 on 4/25/2014 11:24:00 PM More reviews by snapeophile

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Aaargh! Why, oh, why didn't I listen to your reviews??

But no--LORAC has been good to me in the past, and it must be so again--I erroneously thought.

But this CC was a horrifying mistake. I applied with fingers to a moisturized face, and at first, it looked wonderful. Light was a decent shade match for me, and it covered about 80% of my facial redness. But approximately 1.5 minutes after application, my face was a patchy mess of cavernous pores. I tried buffing with a brush and applying more product with a beauty blender. Things just got worse. I did give it another go later with a freshly washed face sans moisture, and the same thing happened. This is going back tomorrow!

rated 2 of 5 on 3/7/2014 11:41:00 AM More reviews by subwaystitches

I purchased this CC cream at Sephora for 50% off since Sephora is clearing out their LORAC stock. For $12.50, I wanted to like this product so hard. I tried this with and without primer underneath, but regardless, it settled into every pore and fine line on my face and just looked terrible. I am returning the product, despite the low price.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 1/29/2014 1:12:00 AM More reviews by Brinaxo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

This is my first cc cream and I really like that it helps to counteract redness, but I feel that it takes a bit longer to blend into my skin. I also feel that it has a tendency to become cakey if I don't apply moisturizer right before and then set it with setting spray immediately after I apply it. For a cc cream I was impressed with the coverage it gives my skin, and the fact it doesn't feel heavy. The only thing I do not like is that it takes me longer to blend it. I would recommend this to someone who doesn't want the heavy feel of foundation, but doesn't mind taking the time to blend it in correctly and apply moisturizer first. Keep in mind everyone's skin is different and I have very oily/combination skin (dry patches from acne treatments) so it may just be my skin type, but I do like this product and probably will repurchase this when I run out.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/11/2014 4:23:00 PM More reviews by kmc93

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Other Eyes: Blue

I picked up the lightest shade this summer and was very disappointed with the results. The first time I tried it, I just used my fingers to apply, as I thought it would be a good "quick fix" on a day where my skin was behaving fairly well. The product is extremely yellow- a poor match for me personally. What I really didn't like was the finish. When I squeezed it out of the tube, it looked sort of uneven, not smooth or creamy. It didn't feel or look like a nice quality product. It felt quite greasy right off the bat and didn't blend well at all. I'd expect a somewhat dewy finish from a BB or CC cream as I know they're generally designed to be more moisturizing but this one has missed the mark, somehow managing to feel greasy and drying at the same time. A few hours after applying, it looked very cakey and wasn't really doing much to improve the look of my skin. I tried applying it with a buffing brush another time and got similar results, perhaps worse. I felt self-conscious having it on my face all day knowing how unnatural it looked. The only high point really is the packaging, which I liked quite a bit.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 10/9/2013 10:32:00 PM More reviews by herbst3

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Blue

Coverage is actually med, with a dewy finish. Shades run lighter than expected. I'm NC20 and looked better in med.

This gave me zits, clogs after 2 wks of use.