October 21, 2014 | 945 users online

Brows - Clinique - Brow Shaper

rated 5 of 5 on 6/4/2014 2:30:00 PM More reviews by jdubois02

I have been using this product for years!!! I use it for shaping my brows and filling in the patches and find it has stayed put and easily to remove with makeup remover. An absolute must have product!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/28/2014 3:01:00 PM More reviews by Lhegge

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

CHARCOALED!!!!!! Where has this been all my life?? If you view my account you'll see my obsession with brows, I think brow products are the only reviews I've written. I am very hard to match, as lots of people have some warm undertones in their hair, mine is dark ash blonde/light ash brown and my brows are the same color. For reference, I'm a MAC NW 20-25. I have uneven brows from years of over plucking and need to fill the tails and front of my right brow. I don't care for an overdone brow on myself so these ladies who use the mousses and pomades for very sculpted brows, I'm jealous!However, even if I did like this look on me, I would not be able to use these products because when swatched on me, even the "ash" shades will show too much warmth or fade to auburn. This is a product I overlooked hundreds of times thinking-- no way that's the right color for me. After this recommendation I'm so glad I tried it! I've spent upwards of $30 for a brow pencil in search of my HG with no luck--this was half the price! First impression, gray brow powder in Classic Clinique sliding packaging with mirror inside and crappy brush (don't even waste your time w the brush-- lol). The way I use this product is to place a drop of Urban Decay setting spray by opening the top and touching the dispenser to the top of my hand. I've found a spray is much too much product to waste. I dampen my MAC brow brush in the drop of setting spray and then load the brow powder on the brush very lightly. I feel it gives it more opacity and staying power as the powder dry is very sheer. Even with this extra step, it's so worth it. So very happy with the results!!

rated 3 of 5 on 12/10/2013 8:53:00 PM More reviews by takenu

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I got this in charcoaled because a lot of people on here recommended that shade for asian brows. It was a little too light for me, though, because my eyebrow hairs are pretty thick so they look darker than usual, but I could definitely see it working on someone who had thinner hairs that were sparser, who wanted a more natural look. (The reason i use brow powder is just to fill in the ends) .
I ended up giving it to my mom because the color and pigmentation was a much better fit for her . It's got about a medium amount of pigmentation, which would be good if you are going for the natural look. To me this shade looks straight up gray. I was hoping for more brown in it.

I didn't really like the brush because I thought it was too thick, I think a brush that can make a thinner line would be much better for coloring in the ends of the brows. Also, the bristles felt plasticky and cheap.

Overall, I honestly I don't feel this is anything special. I imagine that there are similar brow powders you could get at the drugstore in the 4-8 dollar range that would work just as well. Nothing really stood out to me about it. It was just medium pigmented gray powder.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/30/2013 10:04:00 PM More reviews by Lilbunney

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I love my Clinique brow shaper in Charcoaled. I have blonde hair, and light brown brows. Every pencil I tried would make my brows appear to have a reddish/auburn hue. Yuck! A friend of mine urged me to try this, and in this darker color - and voila, awesome! I have used this product on my brows everyday since late 2007. It is a miracle worker for brows, good staying power, very natural appearance. Will definitely repurchase!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/26/2013 11:49:00 PM More reviews by jumbojuice

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I love this and use it everyday. My brows are really light compared to my hair color and this product does a perfect job of filling them in. It is kind of expensive but I use it everyday and I still haven't made a dent in it. I love the brush, it works perfect for me. It is really hard, which some people don't like, but if it was softer I would end up looking like a clown.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/19/2013 2:04:00 PM More reviews by bbBearBear

I love this brow powder! I got it in Charcoaled and it matches my black hair flawlessly, with a natural look. I've thick, long brows already, but shape-wise, the brows are not long enough. So i needed a brow product to fill in some gaps and extend my brow for another 1 cm. It was VERY HARD to find a product that matches my existing black, long, and thick brows. Sometimes i envy some ladies who have next-to-none brows.. they don't have to find a product to match their original brows, and draw however they want. Took 1 lippie off because staying power is so so. I've oily skin, uses a primer, and by mid day i need to re-apply. The hard bristle brush the compact comes with is good as a filler brush, but it's impossible to draw/ define a fine, pointy brow tail. I'll find a travel size, slanted brow filler/ liner brush to replace this! As some reviewers have mentioned already, it is not very pigmented. Another way to put it, it's hard to pick up colour/ product w/ a brush. So w/ a soft haired brush, i swipe it back and forth for several times to get enough powder. Don't expect this to be like a eye shadow.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/15/2013 10:11:00 AM More reviews by Brandy26

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I have this product in Soft Brown. My lashes and hair are very dark but this color works for me, any darker and it would be obvious that I had used brow powder.

I indicated that I would buy this again, however, it's likely that won't happen for a lonnnng time because this stuff lasts forever. I've had mine quite awhile and have only just scratched the surface.

As with all Clinique things, the pigment leaves a bit to be desired. Its powder to pigment ratio is large, but that's what I've come to expect from the brand as a whole. So if this is a problem for you, it's likely that this brow powder won't impress you.

It comes with 2 brushes and they have very stiff bristles, you do have to clean them regularly or the product will cake and build up.

Despite not having super rich pigment, this powder somehow gets the job done. It has staying power and won't come off until you remove it, which is nice.

Overall, it's a pretty decent brow powder.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/30/2012 2:31:00 PM More reviews by moosey2010

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I love this product so much! It's not really a powder... it's thicker and hard to really explain unless you see it. The little brush it comes with is very handy... it did take me some time to learn how to apply this correctly, but now I have it down to a science. I tap it gently on areas that need filled in, and then I draw out the outside of my eyebrows to make them a little longer. After a week or two, you should clean the brush or a lot of product will get stuck on it and it will make it harder to get a precise application.

I truly believe that those who don't like this product just haven't gotten then hang of using it correctly. It looks very natural and it will not move or fade until I take it off at night with a wipe! I've used this for a year now and at this rate, it might last me over 5 years! HG for sure

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/25/2012 8:53:00 AM More reviews by sadiemonster

I purchased this to replace MAC's discontinued Brow Shader in Charcoal/Maple. I have to say I'm surprised this is so highly rated - it's nowhere near as good as the equivalent MAC product.

Firstly I should explain that though my brows are dark, they are sparse, and I have to do some serious filling-in. I like the full and soft look rather than pencil-thin, so I use Shu Uemura's indispensable Hard Brow Pencil in Seal first, and then finish with brow powder to soften and fill gaps.

MAC Brown Shader in Charcoal/Maple was a staple for me. The Maple was useless (a honey-coloured shimmer for highlighting the brow bone, but way to dark to use for that purpose - makeup companies need to release that sometimes pale people have dark brows!) but the Charcoal was the perfect dark, cool brown. It was highly pigmented, so you only needed a tiny amount of product on your brush, and I often swiped it on my wrist to remove the excess powder before application. Nevertheless, it worked for me.

By contrast, Clinique's Brow Shaper in Charcoaled LOOKS the same colour, but is nowhere near as pigmented. That means you need to get a lot of product on your brush, and apply a lot more product on the brow, which to me looks artificial. The powder in the compact is quite hard, so I have to swirl the brush around a lot to pick up enough product. This is the quality I expect from a dirt-cheap drugstore eyeshadow, not a Clinique brow powder.

The shadow also goes quite hard and shiny in the pan, and the surface needs to be scraped regularly to get rid of the hard, waxy surface that builds up. It doesn't apply quite as smoothly as other products either, so it can look a bit rough and flaky, rather than the smooth and soft effect you want to emulate the effect of actual brow hairs. The brush of course is useless, but I didn't expect much of it. I use Bobbi Brown's Ultra Fine Eyeliner Brush.

I'm not likely to repurchase this. It obviously works for some, but it makes filling brows a laborious process, and I don't like the finish. I may try a Bobbi Brown eye shadow in a cool medium brown shade instead.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/21/2012 7:21:00 PM More reviews by xhelloxkittyx

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This product comes in a neat mirror box packaging. I got the color charcoaled and I have very black hair and it's dark, but not overpowering. I've been using it everyday for a year and haven't even come close to hitting pan. It will probably last me 3 years. It comes with a brush which is alright. It looks very natural and I highly recommend. There's a small range of colors which is a downfall.