Clinique Brow Shaper

4.5

talc, sorbitan sesquioleate, zinc stearate, arachidyl propionate, tocopherol, tetrasodium edta, potassium sorbate, chlorphenesin. May contain: bismuth oxychloride (CI 77163), titanium dioxide (CI 77891, mica, ultramarines (CI 77007), iron oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

You definitely get a lot of product with this brow shaper. I have this in the color wheat. I was hoping it would be a light golden brown but it is a ginger tinted brown. I have been looking for a replacement for the discontinued brow tech by Smashbox in taupe. The brush that comes with this brow shaper is not great; I use a bent angle eyeliner brush from Avon that works really well with this product. The brow shaper does last all day for me but I dislike the orange tint to my brows that the color wheat gives me.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Great product! I was never a fan of the heavily drawn on eye brow look, so I was looking for something more natural looking and this was definitely it!

Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure

My HG brow powder for years! This stuff just lasts forever, I've been using my current powder for years, and I just hit pan on one side. For girls with dark black hair, this is your stuff - perfect match, looks very natural. The only downside, as with all powders, is that you will experience a bit of fading by the end of the day or if you are very sweaty.

I am so surprised that so many like this product. I hate everything about it, the packaging is the sliding case which I never liked. The actual product is a very hard powder that is hard to get out and looks so unnatural. I have this in taupe and it still gave me a scouse brow. The brush it comes with is so cheap and feels like plastic, it's very hard but you can get the product out with it. It gets a hard film over it and is just over all awful. I am gonna give mine to my sister I hope that she can use it. She never buys brand names so she will just be happy that it is clinique. I hate this and you could not give it to me much less me buy it again.

I have been using this product for years!!! I use it for shaping my brows and filling in the patches and find it has stayed put and easily to remove with makeup remover. An absolute must have product!!!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

CHARCOALED!!!!!! Where has this been all my life?? If you view my account you'll see my obsession with brows, I think brow products are the only reviews I've written. I am very hard to match, as lots of people have some warm undertones in their hair, mine is dark ash blonde/light ash brown and my brows are the same color. For reference, I'm a MAC NW 20-25. I have uneven brows from years of over plucking and need to fill the tails and front of my right brow. I don't care for an overdone brow on myself so these ladies who use the mousses and pomades for very sculpted brows, I'm jealous!However, even if I did like this look on me, I would not be able to use these products because when swatched on me, even the "ash" shades will show too much warmth or fade to auburn. This is a product I overlooked hundreds of times thinking-- no way that's the right color for me. After this recommendation I'm so glad I tried it! I've spent upwards of $30 for a brow pencil in search of my HG with no luck--this was half the price! First impression, gray brow powder in Classic Clinique sliding packaging with mirror inside and crappy brush (don't even waste your time w the brush-- lol). The way I use this product is to place a drop of Urban Decay setting spray by opening the top and touching the dispenser to the top of my hand. I've found a spray is much too much product to waste. I dampen my MAC brow brush in the drop of setting spray and then load the brow powder on the brush very lightly. I feel it gives it more opacity and staying power as the powder dry is very sheer. Even with this extra step, it's so worth it. So very happy with the results!!

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

I got this in charcoaled because a lot of people on here recommended that shade for asian brows. It was a little too light for me, though, because my eyebrow hairs are pretty thick so they look darker than usual, but I could definitely see it working on someone who had thinner hairs that were sparser, who wanted a more natural look. (The reason i use brow powder is just to fill in the ends) .
I ended up giving it to my mom because the color and pigmentation was a much better fit for her . It's got about a medium amount of pigmentation, which would be good if you are going for the natural look. To me this shade looks straight up gray. I was hoping for more brown in it.

I didn't really like the brush because I thought it was too thick, I think a brush that can make a thinner line would be much better for coloring in the ends of the brows. Also, the bristles felt plasticky and cheap.

Overall, I honestly I don't feel this is anything special. I imagine that there are similar brow powders you could get at the drugstore in the 4-8 dollar range that would work just as well. Nothing really stood out to me about it. It was just medium pigmented gray powder.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I love my Clinique brow shaper in Charcoaled. I have blonde hair, blue eyes and light brown brows. Every pencil I tried would make my brows appear to have a reddish/auburn hue. Yuck! A friend of mine urged me to try this, and in this darker color - and voila, awesome! I have used this product on my brows everyday since late 2007. It is a miracle worker for brows, good staying power, very natural appearance. Will definitely repurchase!

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

I love this and use it everyday. My brows are really light compared to my hair color and this product does a perfect job of filling them in. It is kind of expensive but I use it everyday and I still haven't made a dent in it. I love the brush, it works perfect for me. It is really hard, which some people don't like, but if it was softer I would end up looking like a clown.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I love this brow powder! I got it in Charcoaled and it matches my black hair flawlessly, with a natural look. I've thick, long brows already, but shape-wise, the brows are not long enough. So i needed a brow product to fill in some gaps and extend my brow for another 1 cm. It was VERY HARD to find a product that matches my existing black, long, and thick brows. Sometimes i envy some ladies who have next-to-none brows.. they don't have to find a product to match their original brows, and draw however they want. Took 1 lippie off because staying power is so so. I've oily skin, uses a primer, and by mid day i need to re-apply. The hard bristle brush the compact comes with is good as a filler brush, but it's impossible to draw/ define a fine, pointy brow tail. I'll find a travel size, slanted brow filler/ liner brush to replace this! As some reviewers have mentioned already, it is not very pigmented. Another way to put it, it's hard to pick up colour/ product w/ a brush. So w/ a soft haired brush, i swipe it back and forth for several times to get enough powder. Don't expect this to be like a eye shadow.

Popular Brows Products