April 23, 2014 | 1796 users online

BB Cream - Peter Thomas Roth - CC Cream Broad Spectrum SPF 30 Complexion Corrector

rated 5 of 5 on 3/15/2014 12:45:00 PM More reviews by barbarathetwin

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I really like this CC cream. It provides superior sun protection without a heavy or greasy feel. It covers well, and I can honesty say I think it is making my skin better! I have used smash box, mac, and Loreal for BB/CC creams-this one is my fav. It's a little pricey but when I started seeing my skin actually looking better when bare-I can now justify paying the money for this. I would suggest getting a sample at Sephora-You might love it too.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/10/2014 9:46:00 PM More reviews by topchoice

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a great foundation for my sensitive and highly acne prone skin. I have been using it for the last 2 months and I love the results. I have used Armani, Clarins, Lancome, Clinique and several other foundations in the past but I always ended up with cystic acne after a couple weeks. With this cc cream I not only do not get any acne, it fades my previous acne spots and sun spots, shrinks my pores and improves the texture and tone of my skin.
I gives a nice, very slightly dewy finish, lasts all day and does not cake and smear.
I ordered the light color and it matches my skin perfectly. I am so impressed by this cc cream that I am ordering Peter Thomas Roth Camu Camu serum and moisturizer.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/17/2014 5:50:00 PM More reviews by dorojhk

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this stuff. fair medium is perfect for me. great coverage and doesn't need a lot of stuff to slather on underneath.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/14/2014 6:43:00 PM More reviews by LuckieCharm

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

After searching for a foundation or BB cream that would give me the coverage I needed, (redness, broken caps) I have found my HOLY GRAIL! I was in Sephora and the PTR rep was there bugging me to let her do my face. Ok, finally I agreed, she steamed me, exfoliated, etc, used PTR dry oil, and then, put on the CC cream and OMG! My face was fresh, dewy and it looked like I had nothing on! A few weeks before I had been to Sephora where they "matched" me with the Laura Mercier foundation for dry skin. I knew I had to exchange it, it looked cakey and crappy so that's why I was in Sephora.
ANYWAY, its been a week and this stuff is the bomb! The trick is to use a BEAUTY BLENDER sponge to apply it. I set it with just a tad of powder with a brush over my T zone and its good all day! Ladies, RUN and get a sample you won't be sorry! I use light medium!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/9/2013 11:05:00 PM More reviews by Margarett

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Silver, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I really like this product! I found that bb creams were pretty ashy on me, this seems a little too self-tanner colored on me, so I mix the two together and it's the perfect color! Price is a little high but my skin really does look good so I guess it's worth it.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/27/2013 1:27:00 PM More reviews by MyBeehive

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have to agree with other posters that the Light/Med shade is way too dark for about a NC15-20 skin tone. Pale ladies please be advised. Too bad this is the lightest shade it comes in as the texture and finish seemed nice on the back on the back of my hand but just waaay too dark!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/23/2013 11:43:00 AM More reviews by nikitax

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

Best CC cream out there. It provides decent coverage and the lightest shade(I think is light-medium) matched my skintone really well.

The only downside is the finish, it looks very dewy which is not good for my oily T-zone. I ruined it because I set it with powder and it looked super cakey.

I highly recomend it for people who want a natural look and dewy finsh.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/17/2013 3:49:00 PM More reviews by 8ar8ie

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this stuff. I've tried every BB cream out there and they all made me pale. I did research on the ingredients in this CC cream and found that was okay for me to use for my oily and acne prone skin.

I've been using this for 2 weeks now and I seriously love this stuff. The coverage is perfect. Not too heavy and not too sheer but it's buildable. I use my Sigma F80 brush to apply this on my face. Then I dab my hyperpigmentation spots with the CC cream and blend it in. That's it. It lasts for hours. I do have oily skin so I do get oily within a few hours but not an oil slick. Just more of a dewy look. That's not a bad thing, I guess. The most important thing, it doesn't make me break out and that's a big plus in my book!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/15/2013 5:41:00 PM More reviews by jccmz

This is one of the best BB/CC creams I have tried; the only negative is that the Light/Medium shade is too dark for my NC20-25 skin tone, but I can use this too contour and use as SPF around my eyes.

Pros
-- physical sunscreen, high spf, does not irritate my eyes
-- really good coverage! (best of all BB & CC's out there)
-- not greasy or dewy finish; matte finish, great for oily skin
-- does not make me break out (no documented pore clogging ingredients, by this i mean there are websites online of pore clogging cosmetics ingredients from documented studies and this does not contain any of them)
-- does not emphasize my pores or fine lines

Cons
-- if I use it all over my face, it does look a little bit too dark compared to my neck.

I love this CC cream. If it came in a Fair/Light shade, I would be so happy. Other BB creams I like are Smashbox alone and maybe Kiehl's as primer.

Update: I am upgrading this BB cream to 4 lippies because I have found that if I use Smashbox BB in Fair around my jawline and chin (basically bottom 1/4 of my face starting below my lower lip) and PTR BB in LightMedium everywhere else, my face does not look dark compared to my neck. It's absolutely amazing because it actually looks pretty natural but highly blurs up hyperpigmentation from sun and past acne, which I have a LOT of on both of my cheeks. I love the SPF and how I can put a lot on if I want (for whatever reason) and it never looks cakey. I'm still not going to give 5 lippies because obviously the shade selection is still limited, even if I did manage to make this work really awesomely.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 9/2/2013 1:33:00 PM More reviews by alina08

Could someone please tell Peter Thomas Roth there is no such thing as Light-Medium? I got a very generous sample of this product from Sephora and had to give it away immediately because I looked like a member of the Jersey Shore. I cannot imagine anyone paying for this horrific shade of light tan-orange. For the price, there should be a better color range.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No