Million Dollar Tan Cabana Tan Extreme

3.1

on 1/5/2015 4:07:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Hello ladies!

So i'm the type of gal that travels twice a year and I absolutely LOVE being bronzed. Living in Canada unfortunately I need to survive our winter months being ridiculously pail as I am natural very fair. Now before I start, I want to mention that I've used many pharmacy brand self tanners, the highest brand I used was from Shiseido and I regretted it. It cost me about 40$ CDN if not more and after 1 application I hardly saw any results (surprising as it has high reviews). Also to clarify, I have not used Vita Liberata or St Tropez.

This is the first self tanner that I indulged in because I saw so many good reviews from Beauty Guru's on You Tube. Upon seeing all the good reviews, I caved in and ordered it. They had a promotion of 2 for 1 so I said what the heck. After doing some research on makeup alley and others, I found a lot of negative reviews which made me regret my purchase.

I received my order after about 3 weeks and I tried it last week. Here are my comments

*Application*:
Prior to applying to self tanner, (this is very important) I showered and exfoliated. If you don't exfoliate, well say hello to patches and an uneven finish. I then moisturised (lightly) with a simple moisturiser to soothe the skin which avoids patches (especially on my elbows and knees).

The lotion is a white liquid, i'd say average thickness. My first worry was how i'm I going to know how much im applying? but I had nothing to lose so I applied it as a lotion rubbing it in to make it absorb. Again it's not thin so you need to rub it in.

They say it takes about 6 hours for the color to start appearing, I would say I started seeing the color develop 3-4 hours in.

The color was great but I still wasn't satisfied with the darkness so I applied a second coat after 6 hours.

* Color*:
I cannot believe how natural looking this self tanner is. Honnestly, theirs no words for it. No orange, no green, just a beautiful bronze redish color. I looked like I just got back from Domenican for 1 week. I had my boyfriend look at me and he couldn't believe it either. Not 1 streak, which highly surprised me because of the reviews I read. It's really unexplainable, but i'm really happy I found this product for the winter months. I cannot wait to see what it does when I am tanned and I want to boost my tan. The only streak I slightly saw was on my knees, this is the toughest body part. But like I said, moisturize and exfoliate that area as much as you can.

*Tan duration*:
After two applications, it lasted me about 5 days and I still see it slightly on my skin. No streaks in between showers. You will only see streaks if you sweat, especially if u wear a bra and ur sweating it might streak a bit after 1-2 days.

*Cons*:
Ok so besides the perfection of this product, the only con I can think of is after two applications I COULDN'T STAND SMELLING MYSELF. When you first apply the lotion, it doesn't really smell of self tanner, it has moisturizing ingredients inside such as almond oil which I sort of smelled but when the color started developing, I smelled that self tanner smell we all can't stand. I couldn't' t wait to take a shower in the morning. But, for me it was worth it.

All to say, this is the best self tanner I've tried yet. I DEFINETLY suggest this product, just make sure u do it properly, I don't dislike the fact that ur not as dark in the first application because it's buildable. Don't forget the easy application, I have no patience for mitts or brush ons.

Hope this helps!

on 10/1/2014 4:35:00 PM

I really wanted to love this product, I am quite fair skinned and hate that I have to apply multiple coats of tan products in order to get my desired colour. So I purchased this off the MDT website after rave reviews off Youtube.

I assumed after one or two coats I would be my desired colour but only after the third coat am I desired tan colour. This is exactly the same as my regular Dove gradual tan which I can get from my local supermarket for about $8NZD. This product is DEFINITELY not worth the hassle of paying about $40NZD all up for below average results.

I am no stranger to fake tanning products, from sprays and mousses to gel and lotions, so when I contacted MDT about my less than satisfactory experience with their product, they basically implied that I wasn't fake tanning properly.

Will not be repurchasing or purchasing anything else from Million Dollar Tan.

on 4/21/2014 4:05:00 PM

It's okay. I'm not as big of a fan of MDT as I am of Fake Bake, but I've used it some when I run out of my Fake Bake. It's not a bad product, but I probably wouldn't re-purchase.

on 4/14/2014 12:37:00 AM

i just use this extreme tan and the result is horrible. i got better tan when i was 15 and tried fake tan for the first time and had no idea what it is what it does or how to apply it.
the brush is the most stupid idea ever and spray dries to fast uneven and there is no time to blend it evenly. already while applying you can see uneven lines and you cant blend them!!! just terrible and who ever says it doesn't smell like self tanner its crazy! of course it smells like every other self tanner even after few showers.i been using sun lab and i ll go back to it for sure. dont buy it its not worth it unless u really dark already and want just more tan and still i would not buy this one

on 3/12/2014 10:07:00 AM

1) Smells like nail polish remover
2) Impossible to blend
3) Has an orange-ish undertone
4) Color did not last, Fades unevenly
5) Not worth the price whatsoever
I have fair- medium skin with yellow undertones and have used self tanners for years. I was excited to buy the Cabana Tan face extreme and the extreme Tan Icon spray after hearing about it on YouTube and was HIGHLY disappointed.
The face tanner barely gave me any more color than drugstore products, but still managed to be quite uneven.
But the Tan Icon Extreme did not live up to its reviews on YouTube AT ALLLLLL.
1) The smell is disgusting. It smells like straight up alcohol and is overwhelming. Smells like you're applying nail polish remover to your body.
2) You might as well throw away the gimmicky paint brush they give you because it makes blending impossible. But even when I used the St. tropez mitt it still was difficult to blend. And you HAVE to be super gentle on your elbows and knees. Even if you moisturize before hand it still soaks the color up like crazy.
3) The guide color and the resulting color are decently dark, but it was not the "olive undertone" that so many YouTubers claimed it gave them.
4) The first day it was about as dark as the color guard, and I got about another day of decent color but after that it was pretty much totally faded after about 3 showers. It fades completely unevenly and patchy.
5) I'm usually willing to dish out a couple bucks for a good tanner but overall this one was just NOT worth the price. Even with a 10% discount code I still paid about $40 with shipping and everything for the 8 oz bottle. Seriously disappointing and not worth it at all. I've used drug store tanners 10x better than this.
Million Dollar Tan is obviously spending a lot of money for YouTubers like Jaclyn Hill, Cassie, Nicole Guirriero, Carli Bybel and others to give this positive reviews and though I love my Jaclyn and usually love her recommendations, I was really really REALLY disappointed with this product and would not recommend it to anyone or repurchase.

on 1/27/2014 9:07:00 AM

Update...is not that good as i was thinking.. Dosent fade evenly.. Is orangey and smells really bad you can get rid off smell.. Is not that bad but clinique or tan ceuticals cc, clarins are way much better maybe the best one out there, and banana boat too..

on 1/24/2014 11:11:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I have mixed reviews on this product. I bought the extreme tan lotion and I followed the directions on how to apply (moisturize elbows, hands, knees and feet) and I have to say it does have a great colour. I usually apply it twice to get a nice realistic tan (i'm fair-medium skin toned) The PROS: Does not smell like most self tanners, it actually has a pleasant smell, doesn't bother me at all. Does not transfer on bedsheets or clothes, does not fade blotchy, very even application. CONS: no colour guard, I've had a few times where I missed a few spots (around my armpits) because you really need to watch where you are applying, so pay attention!! Very thick in consistency, really need to work to blend it in, doesnt matter how well I moisturize my knees or elbows they always seem to be a bit darker then they should be. - Not terrible, but I'm just being honest:) I feel like you really need to practice with the application, I have trouble trying to get my hands and feet to blend flawlessly. I don't like using gloves to apply because I feel like the heat from my hands are needed to work in the product, so I'm constantly washing my hands during application to avoid orange hands. Because of this my hands are always lighter then my arms lol. If anyone has a recommendation on how to fix this problem please tell me!! It develops between 6-8 hours, so I'd recommend putting it on before bed and plan to shower in the morning, because after it develops it does have a metalic smell. I had a friend who put it on during the day and it started to rain and she was wearing sandals and her tan was all over the place lol, so put it on before bed. Overall I give this product a 7 out of 10, I like the colour but it is tricky to use. When I run out I will either purchase icon spray from MDT or Sun Labs, I've heard about sun labs from a few people and heard good things. I'll try it out and let you all know;)

on 12/3/2013 5:32:00 AM

Body:

I LOVED this self tanner!
First I put a decent amount of hydratation cream on my ankles, knees, elbows, wrists.
Then I will apply the MDT.
It gives me a natural tanned skin without any dark spots (like on your knees or ankles).
But you have to take your time to apply it correctly!
Also, the smell is quite decent. There is no 'self-tanner'-smell (I hate the DHA smell!)
Definity would repurchase this.

Face:

I wasn't fond of the face cream. I got some pimples and blackheads. But I did get a decent color out of it. The smell was ok (coconut).
Wouldn't repurchase this.

on 11/30/2013 2:28:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I bought this and also the extreme face tanner because it was so highly recommended on YouTube. I am light-medium and I didn't get any more color from this than I would have from an average drug store self tanner. Also, I almost never experience breakouts and the facial tanner made my face breakout from just one use. I would not recommend this and it is also quite pricey.

on 8/18/2013 2:55:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

I LOVE million Dollar Tan but the lotion just didnt cut it for me. I just COULD NOT get it even and no matter how much I scrubbed my hands they turned orange! Get their Tan Icon instead!