November 21, 2014 | 1699 users online

Self Tanners - Million Dollar Tan Cabana Tan Extreme

rated 1 of 5 on 10/1/2014 4:35:00 PM More reviews by alicesimkin

I really wanted to love this product, I am quite fair skinned and hate that I have to apply multiple coats of tan products in order to get my desired colour. So I purchased this off the MDT website after rave reviews off Youtube.

I assumed after one or two coats I would be my desired colour but only after the third coat am I desired tan colour. This is exactly the same as my regular Dove gradual tan which I can get from my local supermarket for about $8NZD. This product is DEFINITELY not worth the hassle of paying about $40NZD all up for below average results.

I am no stranger to fake tanning products, from sprays and mousses to gel and lotions, so when I contacted MDT about my less than satisfactory experience with their product, they basically implied that I wasn't fake tanning properly.

Will not be repurchasing or purchasing anything else from Million Dollar Tan.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/21/2014 4:05:00 PM More reviews by Ashleem44

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

It's okay. I'm not as big of a fan of MDT as I am of Fake Bake, but I've used it some when I run out of my Fake Bake. It's not a bad product, but I probably wouldn't re-purchase.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/14/2014 12:37:00 AM More reviews by nickyy

i just use this extreme tan and the result is horrible. i got better tan when i was 15 and tried fake tan for the first time and had no idea what it is what it does or how to apply it.
the brush is the most stupid idea ever and spray dries to fast uneven and there is no time to blend it evenly. already while applying you can see uneven lines and you cant blend them!!! just terrible and who ever says it doesn't smell like self tanner its crazy! of course it smells like every other self tanner even after few showers.i been using sun lab and i ll go back to it for sure. dont buy it its not worth it unless u really dark already and want just more tan and still i would not buy this one

rated 1 of 5 on 3/12/2014 10:07:00 AM More reviews by ac06493

1) Smells like nail polish remover
2) Impossible to blend
3) Has an orange-ish undertone
4) Color did not last, Fades unevenly
5) Not worth the price whatsoever
I have fair- medium skin with yellow undertones and have used self tanners for years. I was excited to buy the Cabana Tan face extreme and the extreme Tan Icon spray after hearing about it on YouTube and was HIGHLY disappointed.
The face tanner barely gave me any more color than drugstore products, but still managed to be quite uneven.
But the Tan Icon Extreme did not live up to its reviews on YouTube AT ALLLLLL.
1) The smell is disgusting. It smells like straight up alcohol and is overwhelming. Smells like you're applying nail polish remover to your body.
2) You might as well throw away the gimmicky paint brush they give you because it makes blending impossible. But even when I used the St. tropez mitt it still was difficult to blend. And you HAVE to be super gentle on your elbows and knees. Even if you moisturize before hand it still soaks the color up like crazy.
3) The guide color and the resulting color are decently dark, but it was not the "olive undertone" that so many YouTubers claimed it gave them.
4) The first day it was about as dark as the color guard, and I got about another day of decent color but after that it was pretty much totally faded after about 3 showers. It fades completely unevenly and patchy.
5) I'm usually willing to dish out a couple bucks for a good tanner but overall this one was just NOT worth the price. Even with a 10% discount code I still paid about $40 with shipping and everything for the 8 oz bottle. Seriously disappointing and not worth it at all. I've used drug store tanners 10x better than this.
Million Dollar Tan is obviously spending a lot of money for YouTubers like Jaclyn Hill, Cassie, Nicole Guirriero, Carli Bybel and others to give this positive reviews and though I love my Jaclyn and usually love her recommendations, I was really really REALLY disappointed with this product and would not recommend it to anyone or repurchase.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 1/27/2014 9:07:00 AM More reviews by bubiwubi

Update...is not that good as i was thinking.. Dosent fade evenly.. Is orangey and smells really bad you can get rid off smell.. Is not that bad but clinique or tan ceuticals cc, clarins are way much better maybe the best one out there, and banana boat too..

rated 4 of 5 on 1/24/2014 11:11:00 AM More reviews by Ladydeemone

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I have mixed reviews on this product. I bought the extreme tan lotion and I followed the directions on how to apply (moisturize elbows, hands, knees and feet) and I have to say it does have a great colour. I usually apply it twice to get a nice realistic tan (i'm fair-medium skin toned) The PROS: Does not smell like most self tanners, it actually has a pleasant smell, doesn't bother me at all. Does not transfer on bedsheets or clothes, does not fade blotchy, very even application. CONS: no colour guard, I've had a few times where I missed a few spots (around my armpits) because you really need to watch where you are applying, so pay attention!! Very thick in consistency, really need to work to blend it in, doesnt matter how well I moisturize my knees or elbows they always seem to be a bit darker then they should be. - Not terrible, but I'm just being honest:) I feel like you really need to practice with the application, I have trouble trying to get my hands and feet to blend flawlessly. I don't like using gloves to apply because I feel like the heat from my hands are needed to work in the product, so I'm constantly washing my hands during application to avoid orange hands. Because of this my hands are always lighter then my arms lol. If anyone has a recommendation on how to fix this problem please tell me!! It develops between 6-8 hours, so I'd recommend putting it on before bed and plan to shower in the morning, because after it develops it does have a metalic smell. I had a friend who put it on during the day and it started to rain and she was wearing sandals and her tan was all over the place lol, so put it on before bed. Overall I give this product a 7 out of 10, I like the colour but it is tricky to use. When I run out I will either purchase icon spray from MDT or Sun Labs, I've heard about sun labs from a few people and heard good things. I'll try it out and let you all know;)

rated 5 of 5 on 12/3/2013 5:32:00 AM More reviews by Desmetval

Body:

I LOVED this self tanner!
First I put a decent amount of hydratation cream on my ankles, knees, elbows, wrists.
Then I will apply the MDT.
It gives me a natural tanned skin without any dark spots (like on your knees or ankles).
But you have to take your time to apply it correctly!
Also, the smell is quite decent. There is no 'self-tanner'-smell (I hate the DHA smell!)
Definity would repurchase this.

Face:

I wasn't fond of the face cream. I got some pimples and blackheads. But I did get a decent color out of it. The smell was ok (coconut).
Wouldn't repurchase this.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/30/2013 2:28:00 PM More reviews by dlbd2k06

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I bought this and also the extreme face tanner because it was so highly recommended on YouTube. I am light-medium and I didn't get any more color from this than I would have from an average drug store self tanner. Also, I almost never experience breakouts and the facial tanner made my face breakout from just one use. I would not recommend this and it is also quite pricey.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/18/2013 2:55:00 PM More reviews by LindseyB123

I LOVE million Dollar Tan but the lotion just didnt cut it for me. I just COULD NOT get it even and no matter how much I scrubbed my hands they turned orange! Get their Tan Icon instead!

rated 1 of 5 on 8/14/2013 12:18:00 PM More reviews by mustanggurl

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

Um... Am I missing something here with this product?! I purchased the Cabana Tan Extreme Lotion as I wanted the darkest one. I have a light medium Caucasian complexion. I've been a avid user of Sun Labs lotion (which is great), but I heard such great things about this million dollar tan lotion and saw such rave reviews about it on YouTube, I had to get my hands on it and give it a try. A self tan lotion with no smell? No color guard? Safe to wear out in public with no detection? Won't stain clothes or sheets? Applies and looks like regular lotion? Paraben and chemical free? ...Develops in 6-8 hours or 12 hours max for bronzed brown beautiful color? STOP RIGHT THERE... There's the problem. This stuff seemed to good to be true, because it is to good to be true. This so called "Extreme" lotion doesn't give off any more color than a gradual self tanner. I could prob get more color from a Jergens gradual glow bottle. I am very disappointed about this being that I purchased a two 8oz set for $70 from their site and that it didn't deliver the results I was falsely advertised it would. It can't just be my skin tone, as my skin tone is pretty much the same as all the gurus youtubers that raved about it. All the beauty gurus have deals with Million Dollar Tan and are supposed to commercialize their products like that, that's why there's always a "discount code" from them and why we are told "this is the way product I've ever used" or the "only thing I use"! Well it's all a marketing scam. If your a girl with a bit of a pale complexion just simply looking for a product to give you a great sun kissed tan overnight in the comfort of your home... your going to need to get a different product. Unfortunately as I said before, this doesn't deliver any more results than a gradual self tanner from cvs. And I got the so called "darkest formula". I'd hate to see how much color pay off the regular cabana tan lotion offers. If i am spending this kind of money on a self tan lotion, i want to look like i just came from the beach. i guess ill be going back to my SunLabs dark sunsation lotion. Now thats a lotion that will make you brown! Sorry Million Dollar Tan, I really wanted to love you, but I can't.