August 22, 2014 | 1707 users online

Lipstick - Estee Lauder - Pure Color Lipstick- Rose Tea

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/22/2014 11:01:00 PM More reviews by Shanplum

Rose tea is the perfect dusty neutral browned rose. It is the shade you get when you bite your lip. I cannot pull off pinks/rose shades generally but the brown in this saves it from being too cool toned and I think it is quite neutral and would suit alot of audiences. I can imagine this would be the perfect bridal lipstick - amps up the natural lip and would look very natural in photos works great at night in place of all my nudes which wash me out in night lighting. Very versatile, gives a great stained effect for daytime/casual wear just press a bit in (dabbing motion) and it blends right into my natural lip tone. Love the fragrance/fig flavour of these and the packaging is gorgeous too. Definitely has become a staple in my makeup bag this is my perfect not quite nude, not quite red/pink lip shade.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/19/2014 12:40:00 AM More reviews by seeka2000

One of my absolute favorites for a nude lip. The formula for this is just perfect. It's not too waxy, not too hard, not too soft. Creamy and forgiving of even my driest winter lips. If I'm lazy and skip lip liner, it doesn't go wandering off. Wear time is above average for me, and I'm constantly drinking something. Love this!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/13/2014 1:15:00 AM More reviews by softchaos

I got this as part of a makeup set for my wedding as a gift. there were 4 lipsticks in total and I totally love the formula and color of this product. rose tea is the most gorgeous dusty rose color. I threw mine away last year after having it for almost 6 years and i now regret because I've started getting into lipsticks more now. gre

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/19/2013 9:03:00 AM More reviews by leoisillon

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Black

I can't believe I've never reviewed this before. This is my favorite lipstick from Estee Lauder. I'm pretty sure a drugstore alternative may exist, but the EL brand is so creamy and glides on smooth. I usually receive mine as a gift in a EL gift set, so I have never purchased. One year I did buy for my mother in law, as it is a very versatile shade that looks nice on almost all skin tones. It's a nude, rose-y color. I love it!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/19/2013 4:55:00 AM More reviews by moosefied

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Black

its my ultimate mlbb.
mom gave me this and 2 other different colors. i love this color the most. its a safe everyday color for school and work.
i have a dry lips, other brands tend to dry me out but this one is not. very pigmented and moisturize well. last long too.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/17/2013 7:32:00 PM More reviews by Boxerface

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Rose Tea Estee Lauder Pure Color is divine. Simply Divine. The most important aspect in a lipstick for me these days is lasting power and moisture power. I want a lipstick that is not going to dry my lips out. I have lips that can run to dry from the air and allergies. I need something to make them soft, supple and smooth. I can not stand a lipstick to cause rough skin. And having some mild wrinkles around my lips I do not want this seeping into the edges oof my smile. I want it to stay put and last while giving me a soft moist dewy glow. EL did it! They made a lipstick that looks good, stays put and makes my lips feel smooth.

If you want a color that goes with anyone's skin tone, definitely give Rose Tea a whirl. If you skin is chocolate, black, beige, brown, cinnamon, yellow, ruddy, peach, lily, Cafe, Caramel, Linen, Sephia ... You name your skin tone and this classic color will look stunning on you. If you pull back your lips and look at your gums on the inside of your mouth you might notice this very color. Or a semblence of this tone of color on your lips. I guess EL did a good job in finding a shade that can make anyone look lovely. I discovered this lipstick last spring when it came free with purchase. Well. I went and bought a second one. This is an every day classic hue that looks great in the office, at a soccer game or going out to dinner. I would not say this is a racy, date night, sexy and flirty color for a first date. If you are looking for a sexier color try Scarlet Siren. Save the Rose Tea for work or school. I keep an extra in my purse for the touch ups.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 5/9/2013 8:54:00 PM More reviews by giainjersey

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

On my hunt to find "the perfect nude" I was given this lipstick at first I liked it even though it was a tad lighter than I would want but the perfume Estee Lauder uses in their lipsticks is entirely over powering for me to the point of sickness. If you can handle the smell that lingers after you put it on then it goes on smooth and pigmented. I owned a few other lipstick by this brand and they all have the same strong perfume taste and smell. I used to own apricot, black cherry and mocha.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/12/2013 7:32:00 PM More reviews by Quilley

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Wow. Instant love. A soft, fleshy pink that is perfect for my NC40 skin tone. It's really tough for me to find great shades for my skin tone and this is perfect. I guess the "tea" in the name is the fact that it is a brown-tone and the rose the pink part. This is does not show up as having any peach on my lips, unlike the other posters did. Imo this is what makes it special!

$25.00 is pretty steep for lipstick, however according to the website it indicates that the lipstick is "enriched with lip-loving ingredients, including apricot kernel, shea butter and murumuru butter that leave lips soft and creamy smooth". I can't vouch for the "long lasting" aspect of this product. It does get a little bit drying so I wear a balm underneath it and a little gloss on top. This is a yay for be none the less.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/12/2013 1:59:00 PM More reviews by Alexine

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I absolutely love this color. On me, it looks mauvey/plummy rose with a little brown mixed in. This is one of those shades that is probably universally flattering. I can put this on at 7:30 a.m., drink coffee and have a snack and I don't need to reapply until 10:00 a.m. or so. This is a great office appropriate neutral that isn't boring. Even though it's pricey, I would definitely repurchase.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/31/2013 5:49:00 PM More reviews by 3buzyboyz

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I am normally just a lipgloss girl, but for some reason I pulled this lipstick that I had received during GQP out of the drawer recently. Since then, I have been wearing this almost every day with just a little gloss on top for shimmer. Nice consistency. Average wear time. Great soft neutral pink. Will definitely repurchase.