Moroccanoil Heat Styling Protection

2.0

on 9/3/2014 11:43:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure

This product was more like a texturizing sea salt spray? After going through the loooong process of washing and blowdrying, I used this spray to protect my hair from the curling wand/flatiron/curling iron. So bummed...my once clean and freshly blow dried hair turned into a sticky, product laden mess after using this stuff. Had to wash again, not a happy camper.

on 6/10/2013 4:49:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I have to agree with the previous reviews. But, I used this after blow drying 4 sprays. Made hair stiff and dry. Didn't seem to protect hair well.. Not impressed at all. Don't waste your money.

on 5/30/2013 6:31:00 PM

I agree with the previous reviewer on everything she said. I love the smell of this and was hoping I would love it, but I also find it drying and my hair looks dull. The very first ingredient is alcohol. I prefer my beyond the zone from Sally's over this by a long shot, and this is more than twice the price. Never again. My hairdresser raved about this, but I am starting to think maybe she just wanted to make a sale.

on 5/22/2013 10:19:00 AM

Let me start by saying I wanted to love this product so badly. I am a big fan of Moroccanoil's treatment and their luminous hairspray... so I must admit I purchased this in part because I thought it would look fantastic on my counter with the other two products (sad but true).

Pros:
-Lovely scent
-Easy to apply (I use 4 spritzes on damp hair)
-Great Moroccanoil packaging

Cons
-Drying-- a main ingredient is alcohol
-Leaves a sticky almost hairspray like residue-- I notice that when I use this I have a lot more tangles when I'm doing a blow out
-Seems to dull my hair
-Minimal protection from heat styling-- I've been using this consistently for about a month and while my ends may look slightly less "crispy" than they would without it... it definitely isn't enough to justify a repurchase
-Expensive! $28 dollars per bottle-- after a month of use (4 spritzes/blowout) my bottle is half empty