September 30, 2014 | 1855 users online

BB Cream - Kiss Cosmetics Beauty Balm

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/28/2014 11:07:00 AM More reviews by Victoria84

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I am an NC 43 skin tone to give perspective, also my pic posted on my profile (thought a bit dark) is my skin tone..

Color: The LIGHT/MEDIUM color I had purchased has a bit more of a reddish undertone than I would like, but outside of that, NO complaints. Especially since darker ethic women such as myself have waited so long for a great bb cream that actually functions like a (good) bb cream is supposed to then I will take this, and take another bottle as well!

Feel & Application: The consistency appears like a very liquidity foundation but once you apply it, it spreads very smooth and even. The pigment is very strong, providing great coverage! Once on the skin the bb cream takes on a matte appearance after about 5 minutes. Not dewy. Ladies with dry skin may not like this but for a woman like me that has fought oil for years, I welcome it.

Price: Very reasonable!! I was previously using Maybelline 24hr foundation in color CARAMEL but for some odd reason local stores discontinued carry it, so I switched to Maybelline FIT Me in color 330 which matched great but the coverage is soooo thin and the product is very runny ..plus this Kiss Aqua bb cream matches my skin tone just as well and nearly half the price of the Maybelline foundation at some stores around here.

Not to sound like I am bashing my own country but Korea has the West beat on bb creams they produce and this one was produced in Korea which likely explains why it functions very much like bb cream are supposed to..this is no glorified tinted moisturizer.

UPDATE: One week, still loving it! In fact I forgot to mention this stuff builds GREAT! I use two coats and touch up acne scars/hyperpigmentation and even then it still feels lightweight like I have nothing on my face.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 12/28/2013 6:24:00 PM More reviews by Licia23

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I just purchased this yesterday from my local BSS and wore it today. This covers more like a medium coverage foundation and is perfect for me! I'm living frugal right now so I buy cheap, and at 8 bucks this is doing the job well! I have some dark blemishes mostly near my jaw line and neck. This worked well at hiding them without using a concealer! Normally I use a primer, concealer, liquid foundation and set with powder. Today I used this BB cream and setting powder only. I don't look like I am fully made up it looks very natural!!! I'm using the medium/dark shade and it is perfect as I am between NW45 and NW50.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/19/2013 1:29:00 AM More reviews by Danielle2006

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Other Eyes: Brown

i actually waited a week before doing a review on the product and i really like it. it says it's a bb cream but honestly this has coverage of a foundation meaning it is buildable. I normally can't leave the house without concealer this product i didn't use any. i purchased the shade medium and it matches me well. I applied it with my sedona lace flat top and was amazed with the coverage. I have little to no blemishes so a little went a long way for me. The finish is more dewy instead of matte. It really just makes your natural skin look a lot better. My only dislike about this product is you MUST set this product if not your face will look very greasy. Other than that I would repurchase this again.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/20/2013 11:32:00 PM More reviews by Allyx

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I purchased light/medium because it seemed like a good match.When I tried it at home it was a little too light and the next shade up would have been too dark! The shade range sucks imo.For reference I'm in between NC45 and NC50 in MAC. (If MAC would create NC46-47 that would be perfect haha.)

What I do like about this BB cream is the coverage and the fact that it gives my skin a brightening effect.Other than that it doesn't control oil or minimize pores.I also noticed that it fades within 2 hours.Personally I wouldn't buy this again because it's not that great.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/17/2013 4:35:00 PM More reviews by susu42

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

Hi ladies of color who are looking for a cheap BB cream check out your local Beauty Supply in your area and check out the Kiss Cosmetics display and see if you see the new Beauty Balm that they have, I recently bought a pressed powder and there was a sample of this new Beauty Balm in the color Medium in there which is a dead on match for my skincolor which I wear Maybelline Fit Me foundation in 355 just so you guys have an idea of my skintone, this is very nice its not dewy and its not matte and the texture is pretty thick and it will give some coverage, if you have minor skin issue then this will be perfect but for someone who has acne or dark spots then concealer along with this will give you great coverage, I love it and its only 7.99 at my local store and the other shade is dark which will fit ladies on the deep, deeper color range if you wear like Mac NW/NC 50 and up then this shade will work for you. So ladies Kiss New York Cosmetics is stepping up their game as their Gel Eyeliner is my holy grail until I find something that works better than it.